• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Down Tilt Technique?

MitchBerryCrunch

Smash Cadet
I noticed this randomly while waiting for a Brawl online match about a week ago. I was Marth and was just doing his down tilt and I noticed that almost immediately after doing a down tilt you can turn around and do more down tilts. All you have to do is rotate the control stick slightly to the bottom right/left (keeping it held) while tapping A. I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like he even goes into the standing up animation.

Also, it doesn't look like every character can do this. I did some extremely fast, and probably inaccurate tests, and came up with a list of characters that can't do it:

Mario
Samus
Sheik
Pit
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ike
Yoshi
King Dedede
Wolf
Ness
Olimar
C. Falcon

I can't think of one consistent reason as to why these guys can't do it, but you can probably see some kind of pattern.

As far the use of this goes, I haven't thought of much, but perhaps it could be used on people who like to roll around you a lot. Hopefully this hasn't already been discovered by some of you guys; in that case this is just a huge waste of time. And feel free to test this out yourself and give me your thoughts on it. Thanks!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
marth's dtilt has IASA frames which means you can interrupt the windup animation of the move by doing another move or something.

it may be the same with those other characters but i'm not sure.

Congrats on finding it yourself though, but I'm pretty sure it's something we already knew about. Thanks though :)

Dojo Sam

Smash Cadet
IASA = Interruptible As Soon As

wavedashingluigi, I think you're exactly right about potential uses for this. Good way to take care of the rollers. Maybe not a new technique, yeah, but good to know nonetheless.

Top Bottom