• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible jigglypuff counters

SDC

Smash Lord
why did you combo break us

****ing *****
Oh I'm sorry.....um

Roy does good against Jiggs but not that good. The Roy has to be notably better.

only if you're hbox lol.

if i had a dollar for every bair that hbox pulled, i'd be a millionaire!
Dude, if you had a dollar for every time hbox baired, you'd be wealthier then bill gates and warren buffett combined.

otg

Smash Master
So yeah Colbol ***** HBox pretty hard at that last gigabits. Hopefully all this "Puff is top3 in the game" bull**** will die down soon and we put that ho back into the midtier where she belongs.

SDC

Smash Lord
So yeah Colbol ***** HBox pretty hard at that last gigabits. Hopefully all this "Puff is top3 in the game" bull**** will die down soon and we put that ho back into the midtier where she belongs.
Dam somebody hates jigglypuff lol. I actually like her, She's a nice variation to the traditional fighting game character: instead of being a walking, jumping, kick/punch type of fighter, she's a character that is pretty much completely arielly based, somewhat easy to kill once hit, but due to her ariel strengths and mobility she's not easy to KO. Then to top it all off, she's got a wildcard, the ace in the hole: rest. It allows for surprise KOs and quick comebacks. She has an amazing recovery (arguably the best in the game) and unmatched ariel combo potential.

I honestly don't know why people hate on her (its usually because they can't beat her), I think she's a really good part of smash :ohwell: quite a unique character.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's actually because she can't be grabbed by half the cast even if the Puff completely fails spacing because of her crazy duck and aerial mobility, she has really disjointed back air, and a one hit KO move that takes very little precision to hit (in spite of what Puff mains might say).

In addition, she can't be edgeguarded, gimped, or put in a bad position for an extended period of time because of her awesomeness. On the flipside, her edgeguarding is really, really gay, and she can camp with the best of them.

Lots of reasons hahahahaha

wool

Smash Ace
+ the game can get super gay if fox vs puff and the fox camps the whole time (which is what he should do but)

But I have to agree with sean. Puff is a fun player to use occasionally and take a break from the other characters who's playstyle is similar (if you look really basic, like grabs, edgeguarding,...)

SDC

Smash Lord
It's actually because she can't be grabbed by half the cast even if the Puff completely fails spacing because of her crazy duck and aerial mobility, she has really disjointed back air, and a one hit KO move that takes very little precision to hit (in spite of what Puff mains might say).

In addition, she can't be edgeguarded, gimped, or put in a bad position for an extended period of time because of her awesomeness. On the flipside, her edgeguarding is really, really gay, and she can camp with the best of them.

Lots of reasons hahahahaha
You can whine about any top tier in any fighting game, They are up there on the tier list and tournament results for a reason.

I think more people are starting to warm up to the idea of puff being (atleast) at the bottom of top tier. I do think they should make an extra spot at the bottom of top tier for her. She's obviously good enough character-potential-wise, and she also has the tournament results to back it up.

I'm not expecting people to side with me just yet, but after mango obliterates everybody again at pound 4 then maybe the community will start becoming more open minded about puff being included in the top tier.

SDC

Smash Lord
Yes lol I know puff AT THE MOMENT is not in the top tier, however, people ***** about her like she is. "oh i cant hit her, i can't get a grab, BAAAAAWWWW". It gets old people, learn the matchup better and play smarter.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
People do play the matchup properly.

It's just very boring to do so, because her "uniqueness" removes the reward of going to her to fight, and the very nature of her character makes it stupidly hard to attack her in the first place.

I guess people dislike it because she cuts your usable options down severely just for being Jigglypuff? Kind of like how people hated how you couldn't grab Ice Climbers and how they were so gay a few years ago?

SDC

Smash Lord
People do play the matchup properly.

It's just very boring to do so, because her "uniqueness" removes the reward of going to her to fight, and the very nature of her character makes it stupidly hard to attack her in the first place.

I guess people dislike it because she cuts your usable options down severely just for being Jigglypuff? Kind of like how people hated how you couldn't grab Ice Climbers and how they were so gay a few years ago?
I wouldn't say so, people need to mindgame more, space (if possible), counter, improve their shield game, utilize wavedash more effectively etc.

Yes, it can be a long, boring, tedious match, but I don't look at it as boring, I look at it as a test of endurance, because when you get into a spacing battle with jigglypuff, its all a test of minds, and will. Will you figure out the jiggz player in order to punish/predict correctly? And if you do, will you have the patience and concentration to keep up that level of play? Don't look at it like a chore to be gotten over with, look at it like a challenge to be overcome.

Yeah she does force you to play smarter. And yes, a few years ago the ICs were gay, everyone was like "omg ICs is sooo broken" and then what happened? People figured out how to play against them. But I do think that jiggz has more staying power then ICs: she simply has more tools then they do.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say so, people need to mindgame more, space (if possible), counter, improve their shield game, utilize wavedash more effectively etc.

Yes, it can be a long, boring, tedious match, but I don't look at it as boring, I look at it as a test of endurance, because when you get into a spacing battle with jigglypuff, its all a test of minds, and will. Will you figure out the jiggz player in order to punish/predict correctly? And if you do, will you have the patience and concentration to keep up that level of play? Don't look at it like a chore to be gotten over with, look at it like a challenge to be overcome.

Yeah she does force you to play smarter. And yes, a few years ago the ICs were gay, everyone was like "omg ICs is sooo broken" and then what happened? People figured out how to play against them. But I do think that jiggz has more staying power then ICs: she simply has more tools then they do.
I don't think you understand what he's saying...

It's not so much that she's difficult to beat as it's NOT FUN TO PLAY AGAINST HER. She's different than the other characters and isn't as much fun to play against. Hard to combo...blah blah blah

Also, I don't recall when everyone was like omg ICs are broken, even if that is a major hyperbole. ChuDat has been playing extremely high for YEARS, yes, but Ken, KDJ, PC were always there too.

EDIT: btw, i'm not shouting...that's just how i emphasize words lol

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yah most matches against puff

i find myself going '**** it'

then i try to b throw uair off the stage and instead i fair then i :(

SDC

Smash Lord
It's not so much that she's difficult to beat as it's NOT FUN TO PLAY AGAINST HER. She's different than the other characters and isn't as much fun to play against. Hard to combo...blah blah blah
True, many people have that perspective. And there is reason for it, but also you can't forget the fact that alot of them are fast fallers who are pissed that they can't just mindlessly shuffl their way to victory. They have to OMG play smart for a change.

Also, I don't recall when everyone was like omg ICs are broken, even if that is a major hyperbole. ChuDat has been playing extremely high for YEARS, yes, but Ken, KDJ, PC were always there too.
Well, it wasn't a great length of time lol. If my memory is correct, I believe it was around the time that Wobbles popularized the whole "wobbling" chaingrabbing techniques with the ICs, and people were getting buthurt over it and banning it from tournaments blablalba, but people soon figured out the matchup against the ICs and then ICs started not performing as well in tournaments. I believe that's kinda what happened. That's how I remember it atleast. If I'm wrong (and I probably am) somebody please refresh my memory lol.

SDC

Smash Lord
Yah most matches against puff

i find myself going '**** it'

then i try to b throw uair off the stage and instead i fair then i :(
Yeah exactly, you get lazy and then you lose lol. Usually happens after I get rested the second time. I'm just like, "**** it I'm not gonna win anyway" and start playing like "who gives a ****". Which, by the way, is one of puff's strengths, she convinces her opponents to not care anymore :O the ultimate mindgame: make your opponent throw the match lol

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
IIRC, ICs do better when there is no wobbling aloud. weird, but makes sense: They don't focus on trying to wobble and just play the game. Whereas focusing on trying to grab/wobble will detract from your game.
Let me cite my sources with that bold statement.

Sources cited: LOL yeah right I just read it on here one time...that fact has no basis of being correct, except that I'm pretty sure it's true.

the ultimate mindgame: make your opponent throw the match lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTwQtr3i0E

SDC

Smash Lord
IIRC, ICs do better when there is no wobbling aloud. weird, but makes sense: They don't focus on trying to wobble and just play the game. Whereas focusing on trying to grab/wobble will detract from your game.
Let me cite my sources with that bold statement.

Sources cited: LOL yeah right I just read it on here one time...that fact has no basis of being correct, except that I'm pretty sure it's true.

the ultimate mindgame: make your opponent throw the match lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTwQtr3i0E
lol Scar/Wife (not exactly sure who is who) sounds like such a whiney *****.

"this character has so many advantages, just put her on kongo and brinstar, ****. and everyone on smashboards says she's tied with captain falcon? lol no I've played captain falcon"

Classic butthurt nerd lol. (no offense to scar/wife, love their CF/peach). I've just realized where HMW get's his sarcastic line "puff is sooo broken, CF is nothing, I've played CF". HMW/phil >>>>>>>>> scar/wife/whoever east coast got.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Oh I'm sorry.....um

Roy does good against Jiggs but not that good. The Roy has to be notably better.

you had to switch the word "notably" for another synonym for it to truly not combo break.

JUST SO YOU KNOW FOR NEXT TIME LOL

EDIT on topic: does crouch canceling work well against jiggs at all? I dont play vs. jiggs a lot (thank god) so I was just wondering how useful it is in the matchup.

SDC

Smash Lord
you had to switch the word "notably" for another synonym for it to truly not combo break.

JUST SO YOU KNOW FOR NEXT TIME LOL

EDIT on topic: does crouch canceling work well against jiggs at all? I dont play vs. jiggs a lot (thank god) so I was just wondering how useful it is in the matchup.
<_< gettin picky now are we?

CC works dec on jiggz for me. I haven't tried it too much, but in theory it should be good because jiggz wants to get you flopping about in the air in hitstun so she can get an easy rest on you. So anything that prevents you from rolling around in the air waiting to get rested would be a plus :)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Crouch canceling doesn't really benefit you at all against Jiggs unless you have a really, really fast kill move with decent range to use out of it. Since otherwise she'll just be out of range after her bair and thus the CC was pointless) And she breaks most character's crouch cancels really early <_<

So no, crouch canceling doesn't help. It prolongs the match a little, but yeilds no reward (it's better to just try to avoid the move)

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
With my not professional opinion on CC vs. Jiggs...
CC can be okay, but I have predicted my friend on CC's and it becomes an easy rest.
Fox can Upsmash jiggs if they space a pokey b-air btw.

Shield upsmash does wonder's in the matchup.
At least in my experience >.<

SDC

Smash Lord
Crouch canceling doesn't really benefit you at all against Jiggs unless you have a really, really fast kill move with decent range to use out of it. Since otherwise she'll just be out of range after her bair and thus the CC was pointless) And she breaks most character's crouch cancels really early <_<

So no, crouch canceling doesn't help. It prolongs the match a little, but yeilds no reward (it's better to just try to avoid the move)
That sucks, theoretically it might be useful, but theory aint reality :(

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Crouch cancelling nairs (at early percents) works, and I'm pretty sure I've had GOOD people do it to me a lot before. This is more in the situation of OoS nair rather than I'm creating a wall of bairs kind of thing where i just sit and bair and jump over and over and over.

wool

Smash Ace
Crouch cancelling nairs (at early percents) works, and I'm pretty sure I've had GOOD people do it to me a lot before. This is more in the situation of OoS nair rather than I'm creating a wall of bairs kind of thing where i just sit and bair and jump over and over and over.
Cant that lead into nair->rest? (autocancel the nair, into a rest)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Cant that lead into nair->rest? (autocancel the nair, into a rest)
Nah, they're out of stun long before your nair lag is over. But I was talking about crouch canceling bairs/fairs (most commonly used moves <_<) which really only benefits Fox/Marth/characters with really fast kill moves that can compete with Jigg's range.
Uhhh, IMO fox isnt bad for jiggs.

Just sayin

Worst is like Doc and Marth
I thought I went over this already

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
heh it's funny how people used to "make fun" of hbox for bair-ing all the time...and then he got 3rd at Genesis lol.

If you know what I mean.

"THE move" was the nair. But Hbox was all about the bair. And now it's like common sense to PRESSURE with bair because it's hitbox is so big and it's SO effective.

Top Bottom