• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible New Banana AT?

Player-1

Smash Legend
First, I'd like to say that I didn't find this. Technically AndyG (Rocann) did because he's the one who threw the banana >.<. Also sorry if this has been found out before, but I've never heard of it.

I don't know how this works and I'm too lazy to find out. What happened was that Andy picked up a banana and was in the air on Lylat cruise. He threw the banana and landed on the edge. It landed and was spinning and when I was getting back on stage it hit me and caused me damage while it was on the stage. I heard that there was a Pit arrow technique that you can shoot an arrow into the edge and it'll stay there for a second so this might be related to that.

4:30 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In1H2ZuobTU

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
It's not related to the arrow technique; they're opposite directions. The only thing I could think of is that R.O.B. hid a Gyro in the banana and the two fused. That's extremely odd, though.

psike

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else experienced this? Have you been able to recreate it? My guess is that the stage was just slightly tilted and it was just a physics glitch.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I did it again on Yoshi's Island, so far this has only happened on stages with slanted edges so that might be it. I didn't get a video this time though

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
im guessing slanted edges (YI and LC like you said) leave the bannana slightly in the air, or the game thinks its slightly in the air, so that when you touch it it does damage unlike a grounded nanner.

this would be sweet its like, bannana mine edgeguard! lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well I think it might be infinitely in the air unless someone touched it because when I saw it on YI it lasted a good 7 seconds before I hit it. Also I'm not sure if its 100% slanted edges, but I've only seen it twice it, it could be that those 2 times just so happened to be on the slanted edge stages

IDK

Smash Lord
perfect for stage control. even better than the banana edge guard. that i might add is a little useless because they can pick up the banana with a ledge hop aerial. i guess they are open then. not sure...

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Maybe when you throw the banana peel, and you land on right by the edge and slip on the tip of the banana peel. Thats when you get the damage. Thats my guess of how this new AT thing happened.

Top Bottom