• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new edgeguard?

ElSpaniard

Smash Cadet
I'm not very sure of the effectiveness of this tactic but i found it to work a few times for me.
one you launch your opponent off the stage pull a bomb out then jump out after your opponent. Go as far out as you can until your almost next to them, then drop the bomb with Z and quickly do your attack right after u drop your bomb, if you time it well you will attack your opponent and successfully picked up your bomb. Now use your B-up to recover, you shouldn't make it if you went out as far as you could, during your B-up or a little after it is completed your bomb will blow up giving you another B-up allowing you to reach the edge. now when dropping your bomb your going to wanna make sure your at the top of your jump or your bomb will fall away from you. I've yet to fully incorporate this to my play, but it has gotten me a few kills.

ElSpaniard

Smash Cadet
its not knew? ehh, o well. ill try to get a vid up by tomorrow either way. this kan be also use as a dair fail safe

eMORAY21

Smash Journeyman
i knew this worked in Melee, but are you sure you've done it in Brawl? Do you throw the bomb and do you upb into it, so just keep hold of it so the bomb explodes in your face so you can up b again?

graamd

Smash Rookie
i knew this worked in Melee, but are you sure you've done it in Brawl? Do you throw the bomb and do you upb into it, so just keep hold of it so the bomb explodes in your face so you can up b again?
ElSpaniard said that you take out a bomb before you leave the stage to edgeguard. This means after you do your business and up+b, the bomb you are holding should run out of time and 'splode, giving you another up+b. As far as I know, you cannot blow up a bomb by hitting it with up.

Top Bottom