• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new Sonic Tech?

Piccolo_Z

Smash Rookie
Before I begin, Although this is my first post, I've been visiting these boards since smash64.

Because of all these online problems recently, I decided to learn sonic and mess around in training. I've been searching these forums but I couldn't find info on this.

Basically, If someone does a downward move, ie TL's dair above you if you upb at the right moment you will go upward through tl without getting hit. The tl will bounce on the spring meeting you up in the air allowing for silly antics.

Now, I havent been able to test this thoroughly because i've been trying to control both characters at once. The unfortunate thing is that although you can attack in the air, so can the enemy. So I'm thinking this is more of a style technique.

If this is already known, I apologize. I've only tested tl dair, i assume it works on other attacks. If someone else can test it's effectiveness or not, pls do so.

Piccolo_Z

Smash Rookie
Upon further testing there is a window I believe where sonic is invincible during the upb.

i tested, g&w dair, bowsers bdown, and kirby's bdown and sonic goes through them all.

I'm not sure of possible techniques when you're both in the air because I am still new to sonic.

Awaiting the flames if this turns out to be garbage.

rezen1337

Smash Cadet
I see you've tested this out on other character's attacks that launch them downwards. I think there could be a whole lot more potential to this if the Spring Jump went through other attacks like a sex kick or other prolonged attack.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Because of all these online problems recently, I decided to learn sonic and mess around in training. I've been searching these forums but I couldn't find info on this.

Basically, If someone does a downward move, ie TL's dair above you if you upb at the right moment you will go upward through tl without getting hit. The tl will bounce on the spring meeting you up in the air allowing for silly antics.

Now, I havent been able to test this thoroughly because i've been trying to control both characters at once. The unfortunate thing is that although you can attack in the air, so can the enemy. So I'm thinking this is more of a style technique.

If this is already known, I apologize. I've only tested tl dair, i assume it works on other attacks. If someone else can test it's effectiveness or not, pls do so.
There is a window in which sonic has invincibility from a spring on the ground and in the air (it's not right after he uses it though, so don't be surprised if you get hit just after you use it). The spring won't stay if you use it in the air though.

Before I begin, Although this is my first post, I've been visiting these boards since smash64.
They haven't been around that long.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Say, for TL, does he bounce upward (it's part of his d-air hit effect) when you go through him? If he doesn't, then you could just be literally going through him.

Piccolo_Z

Smash Rookie
They haven't been around that long.
Lol, if you had just said this it would have made your post the greatest thing ever.

Sigh, this is the reason I've neglected to post for so long. Apparently this line is the focus point for you guys instead of the tech so i will explain it so you don't lose sleep over it.

I've been on these boards since 2001-2002 when melee just came out. At the time I was still playing smash64 and there was a section for it back then. So yes, I have been on these boards since smash64.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sigh, this is the reason I've neglected to post for so long. Apparently this line is the focus point for you guys instead of the tech so i will explain it so you don't lose sleep over it.

I've been on these boards since 2001-2002 when melee just came out. At the time I was still playing smash64 and there was a section for it back then. So yes, I have been on these boards since smash64.
Sounds like you completely neglected the first part of Frost's post.

We already were aware of the Up-B invincibility.

However, the "going though TL" sounds interesting. If it allows you to nail him mid-air with a dair, I'm willing to try, but I doubt that it would work.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Up+b has a few frames of invincibility.

But why go through TL's dair when you can dodge it, then counter accordingly? There's enough lag on his landing where if you dodge it, you can punish TL for even trying that.

Of course, if you have no choice...

Umby

Smash Master
Well when you make a statement without a clear meaning and it turns out to be humorous, the focus is going to shift. Hey, that happens often in real life too!

In any case, MarKO X's post ends the thread effectively.

Piccolo_Z

Smash Rookie
Online I was playing a GW who kept abusing the downward key. I kept using sonics upb to pass through, get him to jump on the spring, and down a him. After getting this to work consistantly he/she started anticipating it and would do upair(make a wish and blow out the candle move) after the key. That move doesnt even have to connect, it just blows air upward affecting the decent of sonics dair, eliminating any possible attack.

However it's still fun to use against a bowser or kirby that abuse downb or d3's upb or any other downward move.

I know this is not a "leet" tactic but it is quite fun. Confuses the hell out of people. One moment they're doing downb or downa, next moment they're all the way in the air being attacked by sonic.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Your thread title is deceiving.. It should be "Pretty useless, but perhaps somewhat fun trick." "Instead of Possible new Sonic Tech?" I should stop getting my hopes up when I see threads like this on Smashboards.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Your thread title is deceiving.. It should be "Pretty useless, but perhaps somewhat fun trick." "Instead of Possible new Sonic Tech?" I should stop getting my hopes up when I see threads like this on Smashboards.
I lol'd

Yes even though you haven't posted here in awhile, you should still be aware of what you're posting, and NOT post old news. Search function's there for a reason.

Top Bottom