• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new way of dealing with Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashy

Smash Lord
In any set (singles primarily), both players are given a special privilege over the stage selection that can only be used under the following conditions:

-The player with this special privilege can only use it when it is his or her turn to counterpick a stage.
-He or she is not using Metaknight
-His or her opponent is using Metaknight

The "special privilege" is that the player is allowed to pick any stage, regardless of status, during that round.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
This idea has already been suggested and rejected many times. Please look up one of the dozens of appearances it makes in Metaknight Discussion and read the responses to save us time.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
As Kitamerby has mentioned; being able to pick banned stages would be just too big of a privilage just simply for not using metaknight.
Especially since metaknight isn't so omnipotent that there is no way of beating one with any other character.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If you admit that special rules should be in place to deal with MK, than you admit that MK is bannable. Thats how most people, pro OR anti ban, see it. Including myself

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
mk has been proven to have no real counters, and has very good match-ups against most characters.
however, i think that falco could be one possible way of dealing with the mk. why?
1. he has his bread
2. his u-smash his been proven capable of hitting a match tornadoing mk. if you use your u-smash after a small time of having your shield out, you can u-smash and out-prioritise mach tornado.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
mk has been proven to have no real counters, and has very good match-ups against most characters.
however, i think that falco could be one possible way of dealing with the mk. why?
1. he has his bread
2. his u-smash his been proven capable of hitting a match tornadoing mk. if you use your u-smash after a small time of having your shield out, you can u-smash and out-prioritise mach tornado.
...assuming you're fast enough

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Neither of those are a problem with the game but with the rule set competitive play uses. If you take out the "Win by damage" and let sudden death chose the winner, it will work.
But then that brings forth an even worse set of problems.

We've already had many debates on this, and both removing the timer and playing out sudden death have been proven time and time again to be absolutely terrible ideas...

Personally, I hate MK. Hell Snake annoys me. But I am currently able to beat the so called "best" in charlotte, NC, using Wolf. I welcome the challenge. MK sucks to fight. He has some serious cheapness. But he is still a character in brawl. You want to beat MK? Get better. I mean of course, no dissrespect to anyone, but this is my opinion.

It still doesn't change the fact that Metaknight dominates the game.
Though Slashy, I do see your point. In order to be the best in brawl, I feel like you have to be MK or Snake. But that doesnt mean its a solid fact. Im working my way up the tournament scene, using my Wolf, and Instead of yelling about MK im gonna prove my theory, you know?

Hyper_Shadow

Smash Rookie
My opinion is this. One time there was this sass on the net, when I was play With Anyone, and kept on grabbing the edges with MK. I was CF and did his side B and knocked him down the drain! Always works when their not blinking on the edge and your being CF!

So how do you deal with Diddy then?

lol
I defeated a pro-level diddy on final D using Wolf, by not giving him time to breath, stopping him from throwing those banana's, and making him panic so he throws them wrong. When he did throw a banana, I'd either slip on it intill its off the edge, (intill he went on the offense) or reflect them with the shield. It was a hard and good match, but nothings un-do-able in this beautiful game. I havent come up with a solid way to beat MK, but I just gotta play more and master what I got. I dont like MK, I agree he's a super character, but he is still a character, And I would feel rather annoyed if people were trying to ban my character to be fair.

Zodiac

Smash Master
the only way to deal with meta knight is pick a higher tier character and be a better player than whoever is using meta knight.

the only way to deal with meta knight is pick a higher tier character and be a better player than whoever is using meta knight.
I respectfully disagree.
But I do mean respectfully.

Fighting him feels impossible, but beating him is only improbable.
He might not have any real weaknesses, but he can still be attacked, so he can still be killed.

pkmntrainer

Smash Rookie
the best Characters to deal with Meta Knight are

1 Falco- his reflector and gun stops Meta Knight cold, then its a matter of KOing him... which is the hard part

2 Snake- Grenades, ranged weapons, and traps have proven to be effective against Meta Knight

3 Charizard- Rock Smash and N-Air is a solid way to deal with Meta Knight (maybe a little biast since i use Pokemon Trainer ALOT)

the only true way to beat Meta Knight is good timed attacks

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We have a Metaknight Discussion thread in Brawl Tactical Discussion for this kind of thing.
Anything related to Metaknight alone should go in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom