• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Smashfests/Tournaments in Raleigh, NC!

Foxy

Smash Master
Sup bros, Foxy here.

I've been considering holding some smashfests or tournaments at my house for a while and this is just going to be a thread so we can plan stuff out and see if there's interest.

I think holding smashfests would be best to start because most of NC smash isn't too well-acquainted with me and I think tourneys would have more attendance if I got to know everyone better and we got to test/get used to my venue.

I live in a neighborhood right across from Wakefield High in Raleigh, 27614. Since it's next to the school, directions are very easy to give and understand.

Address: 12429 Browder Street, Raleigh 27614

Venue

My house has a sweet-ass basement that is pretty much begging to be used for smash. The whole thing is about 1600 square feet, probably about half of that useable for setups. The awesome thing is that it's unfinished so it's pretty much impossible to make a mess of and everyone can pretty much do whatever they want down there. Food is probably 5 minutes away, or less.

House rules/parent jones: No alcohol or (obviously) drugs; no smoking would be good but if you really have to then just go out the back. You can pretty much be as loud as you want, can't really hear anything from upstairs.

Setups

What I've got currently:

• 2 TV's (one big screen)
  • 1 Wii
  • 2 Gamecubes
  • 3 Wired GC Controllers
  • 12 Wavebirds
  • 1 copy of Melee
  • 1 copy of Brawl

I have friends who can probably provide:

• 1+ TV's
  • 2+ Wii's
  • 1+ Gamecubes
  • Infinite Controllers
  • 2+ copies of Melee
  • 2+ copies of Brawl

That puts me at probably 3 setups already. Depending on what interest this sees, as many as you can bring sounds good. I'm probably MOST in need of televisions and Melee discs. Also, plenty of folding chairs/couches available.

Dates

I'd like to start these in the new year, definitely a smashfest in early January if people are interested, maybe a tourney in February if the 'fests are good.

Obviously on weekends, not sure about Saturday vs. Sunday, however. I personally like Saturdays better.

Activities

I'm a 100% Melee fan so I'd prefer to have mostly Melee at smashfests or tournaments but not everyone feels that way, and we have a lot of Brawl attendance locally it seems, so both will be included. Definitely a majority of setups with Melee would be great, though.

The plan for fests would just be to get as many setups as possible and get everyone playing the whole time. Though I'm hosting it, I don't expect anyone to pay particular attention to me, I want everyone to just play plenty and have a good time with NC smash with the venue I can provide!

Response

It would be a lot of help if everyone could post and answer some of these questions:

1. Would you be willing/able to come out to the location for a smashfest?
2. Does the venue sound like it will work?
3. What could you bring to a smashfest, for setups?
4. Do you prefer Saturdays or Sundays?
5. Do you like Melee, Brawl, or both?

Hopefully we can get something awesome started. If this works out you can expect a LOT of smash going on at my place.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I live within a 30-40min drive of your house traffic depending, and I'm definitely interested. I can bring a wii and melee+brawl, but no tv =\

also interested in response to malks question o_o

Foxy

Smash Master
Um, isn't your mom the mom that went crazy?
lawlbro

naw, she isn't that crazy, as long as there isn't any drinking she's cool with it. she's not going to come and be like GAIZ STOP SWEARING

anyways tell people about this, i will seriously hold stuff if people are down with it.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
that was me. ;_;

If I can get a ride, yes.
Yes.
Probably a Cube and a copy of Melee.
Saturdays definitely.
Melee.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
- Yes, I'll bring people.
- Yes, you have a pretty sweet basement. Do you have tables and chairs and stuff? That could be helpful too.
- A cube and Melee, possible a TV? And you lie, you lost your Melee.
- Saturdays
- Fuck brawl. You should make them Melee monthlies or something.

Foxy Boy, let me make the thread when you're ready. I mean, I do have a blue name.

this is a good idea. Start em up
If LoZR goes, I'm there.

Dude, his mom gave me a weird look when I went to his house because she remembered me from Mullins house.

GofG

Smash Champion
this idea is AMAZING.

His basement is pretty good. I don't forsee stuff as big as, like, Billfests in it, not enough room, but maybe **** like Jubilee.

Foxy

Smash Master
- Yes, I'll bring people.
- Yes, you have a pretty sweet basement. Do you have tables and chairs and stuff? That could be helpful too.
- A cube and Melee, possible a TV? And you lie, you lost your Melee.
- Saturdays
- Fuck brawl. You should make them Melee monthlies or something.

Foxy Boy, let me make the thread when you're ready. I mean, I do have a blue name.

If LoZR goes, I'm there.

Dude, his mom gave me a weird look when I went to his house because she remembered me from Mullins house.
i found my melee and my memory card again over the weekend, it was in the bottom of my goddam backpack. how the hell didn't i find it the other times i looked?

i have like 5 folding chairs, i think there are some more around too.

i'll let you make the thread but i'll write the content. you can co-host or some shit.

this idea is AMAZING.

His basement is pretty good. I don't forsee stuff as big as, like, Billfests in it, not enough room, but maybe **** like Jubilee.
my basement is definitely bigger than bill's apartment lawlbro

also jubilee was bigger than bill's (at least brawl jubilee, i didn't see melee)

YOU ARE INSANE

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I don't forsee stuff as big as, like, Billfests in it, not enough room, but maybe **** like Jubilee.
Yea, you got the two mixed, Jubilee was much bigger than any billfest, on both days, and so were both venues.

i found my melee and my memory card again over the weekend, it was in the bottom of my goddam backpack. how the hell didn't i find it the other times i looked?

i have like 5 folding chairs, i think there are some more around too.

i'll let you make the thread but i'll write the content. you can co-host or some shit.
So, does that mean I don't have to bring my copy and memory card on Friday?

okay, you have chairs, but what about tables? you kinda need tables to put TVs on and stuff.

yay! I gets to co-host and make the thread!

aren't you glad I help you with stuff?

GofG

Smash Champion
It sure didn't seem like it. maybe it was just that jubilee wasn't as crammed. Of course, nothing is better than hot, sweaty, cramped brosmash.

Foxy

Smash Master
Yea, you got the two mixed, Jubilee was much bigger than any billfest, on both days, and so were both venues.

So, does that mean I don't have to bring my copy and memory card on Friday?
yep, i've got it covered.

okay, you have chairs, but what about tables? you kinda need tables to put TVs on and stuff.
hmm, we have like 3-4 table things to put televisions on right now, there should be enough. maybe more.

yay! I gets to co-host and make the thread!

aren't you glad I help you with stuff?
YOU ARE A TRUE BRO

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
oh, we were talking about the video game club at wakefield

we have silly little halo sessions every friday where we play melee.

lawls.
Halo 3 is such a bad game, the melee system is so broken now.

In the good ol' days of Halo 1 you DIDNT melee ever, unless you were assassinating. Now its all you do, aside from toss grenades.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
While we're talkin about Halo real quick, I'm probably gettin it for Christmas. I'll get to play you some after all LoZR lol.

Foxy

Smash Master
this is also a great excuse for me to bring my billions of scrub friends who want to train to be pro and watch them get *****.

it's like being a pedophile... scrubophile? when you love to **** noobs? it's going to be good.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
who would like to house me and zio tomorrow for some smash. We are willing to drive somewhere for the day and night if you foooools can house us. Now whos up for it

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
who would like to house me and zio tomorrow for some smash. We are willing to drive somewhere for the day and night if you foooools can house us. Now whos up for it
I can't house (8ppl in my family o.o house is full) but if/when you come to ralleigh let me know im looking to play some smash tomorrow evening/night bc i dont have work or anything else.

Top Bottom