• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible tournament at my house? LI, NY

Codi

Smash Ace
I was thinking about hosting a tournament at my house for melee lately but I wasn't sure about a few things so I want to ask here to see how the outcome will be along with the other problems I'll possibly have for hosting this.

1. How many people would actually be able to come out to the east side of long island. I know not many people play around here and most players live on the west side of LI. The address is
18 kimberly ct manorville NY 11949 if you want to see how far east it is.

2. TV's Wii's/Cubes, Melee Disc's and Chairs. If people were to come to this I would need all/most of these to be brought. The tournament will be played in my basement of my house. This will be able to hold probably up to 30 people maybe a little more. At the moment I own 2 tv's play on and 1 Wii with melee. I also have 6 couches which altogether can hold probably 13 people and a few chairs maybe 2-5. I could possibly grab chairs from the upstairs givin that my parents let me take them. (which i probably would be able to). If they let me take them i should have about 6-10.

3. This would be my first tournament. So if anyone knows a site where I can make brackets could you post it in this thread or PM me.

4. The Venue and Price for melee. I was thinking 5$ for venue and 5$ for melee I was talking to some people and was thinking about how to feed the people that comes. This is up to you. My mom is actually a decent chef. She can cook literally anything. I could get her to make food and charge you maybe 1$ for something? I'll buy soda that will be free I'm not trying to steal your money here, But every dollar i make from venue/food I'm putting it all towards chairs and tv's for hosting another one, meaning (I won't be keeping any of the money). Now if you don't want homeade food thats completely reasonable. There's 2 pizza stores (Prima stella's and Michelangelo's) as well as a Mcdonalds 2 miles from my house.. There's also a King Kullen in the same spot as these 3 stores If you just want a little snack or something else.

Well for now that's all i need to say let me know your opinions and let me know if you would actually come out to this. I can definitely confirm that i can get 5-10 people to automatically come to this. Hopefully this will get bigger and I can start hosting monthlies.

If people like this idea please help me decide a date for this I'm not sure if i should start this in June or July. If I were to do this in June it might have to be on a weekday since almost every week in June I'm busy with school/graduating plus my job.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
1. Manorville isn't bad, I think I've gone to smash there before.

2. I can bring a wii and cube if I come, but no discs; mine all suck.

3. Tio tourney software. That's all that I can say. Look it up
and git git it.

4. Food is always good. 5 for venue is good, I would say 5 for melee
is great.

My vote for the date would be in June, before the end of the month;
I'm going away for quite some time on the 27th.

Anyway, monthlies(or even biweeklies, pl0x) sound really good.

I need to get good again.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
5 Dollar "venue" fee for a house tourney is lame. I guess since your basement is designed to be the inside of a pirate ship it qualifies as a venue.

Codi

Smash Ace
5 Dollar "venue" fee for a house tourney is lame. I guess since your basement is designed to be the inside of a pirate ship it qualifies as a venue.
I could always drop the venue fee it was just an idea. I only thought about adding one so i could get more stuff for possible future tournament's but if no one wants a venue fee idc no big deal for me

Animal

Smash Lord
i would win. so yeah

the 5 dollar venue fee should automatically go to dominoes that codi has to order and get

Codi

Smash Ace
i would win. so yeah

the 5 dollar venue fee should automatically go to dominoes that codi has to order and get
ok....few things wrong with your statements

first off.....i don't lose to SM <----- you figure out what that means =] you haven't played me in a while and I've learned a lot of new stuff

second the dominoes near me closed so we can't place orders which means i would have to go all the way out to mastic just to pick it up....

and third you and luke have terrible taste in pizza seriously......Onions only? us falco players ate pine apple and bacon YUMMM so good haa

Animal

Smash Lord
isnt that what prog is for

and codi you say that everytime haha

Codi

Smash Ace
isnt that what prog is for

and codi you say that everytime haha
ya well on the off chance prog doesn't come or his recording equipment doesn't work another one is always good to have

and i know i say that every time im awesome who else do you know would challange kage at apex and expect themselves to do good lmfao

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
Finally a LI tournament, sounds good to me!

Manorville? **** thats kinda far from me. Nothing ever in Nassau as far as I'm aware of,

Top Bottom