• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible tournament idea - The Gathering of Gentlemen

Sengin

Smash Ace
So damn, it's been a while since I've been on here, but I got to thinking thanks to an idea I heard at work. As our namesake suggests, we're all Gentlemen here, right? And as a Gentleman (aside from being gentlemanly), part of our responsibility is sticking out a helping hand. So I propose an idea for winter: a charity smash tournament, where all the entry fees, minus fees for the venue/etc..., go to a charity to help those around Christmas time, maybe to help get gifts for kids so they can actually have a Christmas (e.g. Operation Christmas Child), maybe to help provide a Christmas dinner to families who can't afford it, the possibilities are just about endless. Perhaps we could even get multiple regions in on this and it be a giant thing that spans the country, I don't know. But what I do know is that we could get a huge smash tournament, and kids, who otherwise wouldn't, could get a Christmas.

And people would talk, oh would they talk. They would get upon their roofs and proclaim to the heavens: "They are the shining knights; they are The Gentlemen."

So who would step up and be a Gentleman? Who thinks this is a good idea, and who would come to something like this?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Depending on where it is, I wouldn't mind being a true Gentleman and making it out.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
This is a pretty awesome idea. Hell, even if I couldn't go to the tournament I'd pay the entree fees.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i'd say if its a gentleman's tournament than no character should be wrongfully banned.

id try to make it out if this was the case ;p

Sengin

Smash Ace
Is the Gentlemen's Club dead and that's why no one has posted? Should this thread be moved out into Atlantic South? There seems to be at least minimal interest here - come on people!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I would go if it was within a 6-hour radius from me. I think down the road once we iron out the details, we should vote on which charity this is going to support.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Ah, well, that would be a problem. I moved away from NC a little while ago, so I was hoping to inspire someone to get this up and going...

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
This is the kind of thing you have to look in the mirror when you're wondering who would do such a thing. I'm thinking of holding an event for Florida after thorough planning but that's all since i'm still young.

Top Bottom