• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly my best performance to date (plz critique)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
OK, two sets from my hardest earned tournament placing yet. I've won one and taken second a few times, but this 25th is the biggest thing I've done. Strange as that may sound.

These are two pools matches against fizzle and suyon. Partially I'm just showing them off, and partially I'm looking for input. So any critique is welcome.

Both game 3s are as donkey kong, but they're both pretty excellent.:chuckle:

Set 1 against fizzle. The first game and the last stock of the last game are of particular interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVvUQlu6vg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Mo63RDSYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN3J1IZtmKA

Set 2 against suyon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5y8erM8lkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiXTWQQoL3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmhAlbh6omE

enjoy!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
l just learned the Lucario Matchup. I love you Cr4sh.

Best tip approach against Lucario is walking! walking to PS EXTREMELY GOOOOOD.

first match first video first stock : What i liked about ur luigi is that, it was really conservative. It may took a couple of unessscary hits, but l can tell you were merely just observing his habits like for example you did a Dthrow to upsmash but messed up, since he dair'd. So you do another dthrow shielded the dair and do full hop bair but missed but this indicates you read him. You took your time, let the tempo of the first stock flowly slowly and paced yourself. Then after that on his fresh 2nd stock, jab dthrow to upair fair. obv shows your a keen person good stuff.

i used to think rolling was just for n00bs and a bad habit but from watching yours, rolling seems to work, l might start rolling again -_-

you pretty much kept punishing on his fear/unexpectedness of the jab upb since he couldnt seem to escape it which was really good. l noticed the 2 kos he landed on u was a Fsmashs gotta be careful of that.

against lucario, l think its better to edgecamp when your over 100%~ because of how gay his Fsmash reachs him and how well he can ledgetrap luigi. just edgecamp until he goes offstage to hit you and just go back onstage asap after that really. awesome first game though

napZzz

Smash Hero
Only thing I saw you doing wrong in the lucario matchup was getting a little impatient and trying to approach from below a few times. But other than that I really enjoyed watching these sets, the lucario one in particular. Cuz I always lose to the lucario I play with luigi...<_<

melrak90

Smash Cadet
lol I was expecting a taunt spike against ddd on rc 1st set 2nd match at around 0:50. you have a really good luigi, but you shouldn't charge up-smash after down throws when they're at high % in your matches against pit lol

CR4SH

Smash Lord
i used to think rolling was just for n00bs and a bad habit but from watching yours, rolling seems to work, l might start rolling again -_-

against lucario, l think its better to edgecamp when your over 100%~ because of how gay his Fsmash reachs him and how well he can ledgetrap luigi. just edgecamp until he goes offstage to hit you and just go back onstage asap after that really. awesome first game though
I really like that advice on the edge, I think I'm gonna start doing that. You should have been in my head when I was getting off the edge on my first stock and realized what was coming. OMG OMG NOOOO!

As for the rolling, I really just try to roll with them when I either see them rolling or expect it. Luigi is BALLS SLOW and it makes it hard to punish rolling away, but when you roll with them lots of people panic and do dumb stuff.

Also, jab ***** lucario. He can't get out of anything. Once I realized fizzle didn't know that, the match was pretty much over.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol cr4sh, l can vouch that 95% of people that play AGAINST LUCARIO have died against sitting on the edge about to get Fsmash'd ko'd. I saw it coming because luigi CANNOT DO ANYTHING AGAINST LUCARIO ONCE LUIGI IS 100%~. Srsly. Lucario's dumb.

oh and i lost to a lucario in a tourney set last game last stock high % the same way you died from that fsmash its just dumb.

and wow @ rolling. I'mma start that too ;D. Boss told me he mind****s with people if he starts rolling, his opponent will start rolling lmfao. yea imma steal that trend

i saw the D3 vid it was kinda gay you might have said to yourself that this fgt is really gay for going d3/rainbow/wall infinite.

l can tell that your first sd, you lost alot of your morale and barely have any will to play considering looking at his damage. But when he sd'd his first stock as d3, it managed to shed some light into you and you managed to take advantage of that but it wasn't enough and just entirely ***** you.

note : I'm just touching on the psychological aspect, viewing videos merely to think of what the player is about to do, is my personal training lol.

i didn't watch the 3rd vid with dk vs meta which is prolly gay but l'm just gonna predict it was a really close set, you were pretty darn hurt from 2nd game considering how gay it was so you might have started 3rd game, with some low confidence or the urge to just kick his ****ing *** for being gay on you lol

try not to spotdodge too much esp against ddd, his dthrow to dash attack is nuts as **** lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
First match against that Lucario...I think sometimes you spaced fireballs poorly, but otherwise it was a good match. Also, I don't like spotdodging against Lucario because he has quite a few lingering hitboxes, and his kill moves are all safe on spotdodges. Oh yeah and of course, the obvious thing to always work on against Lucario is not getting baited by his F-smash.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
critique on first match against pit :

Saw alot of Dthrow nice follow ups, you pretty much read his DI/airdodge habit, which def indicates your indeed observer and punishing. Very good. My only thought is, don't challenge pit's gliding attack when they are obviously charging towards you. Just powershield it, and majority of the time, they will end up behind you so bair is nice. you has few oppunities to jab upb him, but u did jab to grab which is alright too. my other thoughts are, don't spotdodge too much, it's bad habit and Pit's hitboxes last abit longer but the player didn't quite punish on it. I really like your Luigi so far, it's calm when it wants to be, it speeds things up when you do so.

2nd match against pit :

this is where spotdodge excessively costed you ALOT of this game. he kept punishing it on you constantly after constant. also you HAD THIS MATCH. you were clearly keeping up with him, l knew you were going for a shoryuken on his 2nd stock. on his last stock, he was EXTREMELY scared fearful of getting hit by luigi just by seeing his movements. You need to play the hippy trump card when it comes down to last stock kill %s. Take a deep breath, be calm, just walk > ps everything he throws, just jab at him to measure how scared he is, but just looking at him, he really was, usually they like to put up their shield alot more often in higher %s so jab grab works, l usually just do jab > bait shield > kill move of anything you want and laugh at their fear.

also i like how you either were very nervous or the SH to tornados were working alot on him and you kept punishing him with that which gradually gave him a hard time. but you had this match imo if you didnt spot dodge too much. dont be afraid to let your shield be biten

Merce

Smash Cadet
I thought the fireballs were used nicely to force lucario to move in advantageous ways, but I do agree that you spot dodged a bit excessively in the first match.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
First thing i'm going to say ( I'm going to edit this and add more things)

Don't use second jump that early. Use side b first then down b really fast, (i got to work on it as well). It's a life saver especially against like metaknight.

When your attacking the shields of your opponents, try to space your attack so that you land outside of their grab range. Be careful when you dair nair, it's easily grabbable.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I can hear you yelling shoryuken through the vids.

I wouldn't dash as much vs pit : you can't PS when dashing, so I just walk to him
Other than that, idk, those are matchups I play once every six months 8D

Top Bottom