• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly "THE" Biggest Lucario Noob Ever

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Is me D: every match I play against people, I tend to lose lol. Though I mostly play on Wi-fi I still don't think it makes much a difference anyway. At times Wi-fi can be laggy for me, but a lot of the time I hardly get ANY lag.

Either way, I'm a huge noob with Lucario and smash in general (never got competitive with Melee, went to 1 local tournament and ended up killing myself LOL, it was a 4 way battle though and I was one of the first to play AND die..). And I've played this game since the very first smash and (used to) own every single one.

But regardless I was curious to know if the other Lucario's here could possibly be willing to help me out by playing with me a bit over Wi-fi? And make me less of a noob at this game (If thats even possible LOL)

Timbers

check me out
Well, wifi does have it's downsides. Example being that Lucario's punish game is pretty bad. Slow/laggy dash attack, bad grab range, bad dsmash. He really needs all the frames he can get, and with wifi slowing him down it does become hard.

Can you tell us where you live? I typically don't like playing people outside of the west coast of the US, and unless you made that post at an obscenely early hour of the morning, I'd reckon you're either on east coast or all the way in Europe ;_;

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Its currently 7:13 AM where I am, I do live in the US, I live in Indiana. So it is a bit early here, I'm on a screwed up sleep schedule. So I'm typically up at random times during the day/night. And Wi-fi isn't really all that bad for me. I have the 2nd fastest verizon FiOS connection and it seems to do well for me.

EDIT: As I posted it is now 7:15 AM

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Sure, My FC is in my profile I believe. And yours is as well, correct?

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I'll play you sometime if you have MSN or AIM or some other IM service. I prefer setting up matches over IM as it removes a lot of hassle. And I often go AFK for things so it helps let people know why I just log off suddenly for 15 minutes.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
<_<; oddly enough for me I steadily decline in actual skill. No clue why that is. I'll get to a certain point where I am decent and then from there I start getting terribly worse. Its happened with all games that I play. That, or people just get a helluva lot better a hell of a lot faster then me and there for I don't see myself getting any better.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
<_<; oddly enough for me I steadily decline in actual skill. No clue why that is. I'll get to a certain point where I am decent and then from there I start getting terribly worse. Its happened with all games that I play. That, or people just get a helluva lot better a hell of a lot faster then me and there for I don't see myself getting any better.
With that attitude it's easy to see why! Think a bit more positive =P It's usually not someone getting worse in a match, it's the opponent adapting to your playstyle. When you see that happening switch it up a bit, try things you usually wouldn't.

And for the record, Wifi and Offline brawl are two completely different games.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Heh, sucks I don't have ANYONE to play smash with here. Hell I know there are an *** load of them around (at least when I went to a local game store on the morning smash came out) but I know none of them personally. And honestly Its rare for me to get lag on Wi-fi, yeah there are times in does.

But, I dunno it can seem almost if not completely lag-less to me at times with certain people I've added in the past. (I've played on some of those sites where you randomly add people to play then delete friend codes after your done, with ladders and all that jazz and I've gotten a lot of good non laggy (to me at least) matches.)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Trust me, you're not the worst player I've ever faced or even close to it. You're way better than some random Lucario guy who was trying to tell me how to play at some tournament. Granted you're not amazing either, but you'll get better. :)

Timbers

check me out
With that attitude it's easy to see why! Think a bit more positive =P It's usually not someone getting worse in a match, it's the opponent adapting to your playstyle. When you see that happening switch it up a bit, try things you usually wouldn't.

And for the record, Wifi and Offline brawl are two completely different games.
I'd rather have him be humbled than in an illusion that he's a huge Lucario pro. Accepting that you have room for improvement is a great way in getting better. It allows not only you, but others to openly give you advice and where you need to improve. If he was saying that he's never going to get better no matter what, then yeah I'd step in and try to encourage him. He's looking for pointers here, so I doubt he's given up all hope =d

A big thing that a lot of Lucarios I see doing wrong is abusing his roll. It's a good roll yeah, but if you're doing this offline then you're going to get punished. Wifi may slow the game down, but try to get into a habit of never being predictable. Your opponent may not always capitalize on it thanks to the never-ending input lag, but it is a bad habit and something that you should limit yourself in doing. Excessive rolling only neutralizes the game over and over, and any momentum you may have had in the match is ruined.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Heh, well I can take all the advice I can get. But honestly for me it never ends up helping at all. Dunno why that is. But I could still "try" to learn from it, but my brain and fingers act differently. Usually when I am playing my brain tends to go "Blank" And I never think on what I am going to do, only act. Some times it does work, but I just can't seem to usually plan things whilst in battle. The only thing I've learned from browsing this forum that I could even implement in my play-style is the Force Palm chain grab. And even that I never use much. I just have a hard time switching up my play style even. I am VERY predictable, a lot of people told me this. And I just can't change the way I play, I just don't know how!

Regardless if Anyone is still wanting to play against me, tutor me or anything I'm always up for it.

Onvoloper

Smash Cadet
Same with me :/
I think oh yea with this I can get better, then my brain goes DO THIS!!! and my fingers go "...leave us alone" then do w/e lol
I'll play you, but uhhh, where's your fc? You said it's in your profile but I can't see it lol, think I'm missing something but eh.

Brawl FC
NickName: Onvo
Fc: 4940-6939-2245

Now I've only had the game for two days and chose Lucario as my main last night :p
Battling me will only make you see you ain't the worst LOL...
You got msn? I find things easier to organise on that...onvoloper@thedarkalliance.org if you do and wanna battle me lol

Top Bottom