• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Post-Apocalyptic Termina

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Since most things in Hyrule and Termina have counterparts of sorts, I believe that The Fused Shadow is Majora's Mask's counterpart. "The Dark Interlopers" of a now extinct tribe were most likely from a tribe that, well, does not exist ca. OoT, and who is the only mentioned one? The Sheikah. What symbol do we find on the throne in the Twilight Palace? The Sheikah Eye Symbol. What element did the Sheikah uphold? Shadow. See where I'm going with this?

Now in Termina, no one knows who made Majora's Mask, but we do know that an ancient (now extinct) tribe there once used it for dark magic. I've said previously in another thread, but I'll do so again: I believe that whoever the Ikana were, they were the counterparts of the Sheikah. Why? Because both are the only tribes missing from their lands ca. OoT and MM, and both lived in canyons where there was a: well, a music box-oriented house, and a graveyard. Kakariko Village's Terminan counterpart is most likely Ikana Valley for the above stated reasons. Also, since TP retconned Hyrule from OoT, Nintendo showed us how Kakariko is really supposed to look: like a dusty, orange-brown rocky canyon, just like Ikana Canyon.

So, I'll refresh the parallels:
Kakariko Village // Ikana Canyon
Sheikah // Ikana
Fused Shadow // Majora's Mask

The only question that remains is: if the Sheikah were banished to the Twilight Realm, what happened to the Ikana in Termina? There really is no real answer to that.
but then how do you explain impa? was she just TO stealthy for the godesses, unless someone has an answer to this, it seems like a big flaw.

Also, I thought happy mask salesmen found the mask in hyrule? and for some apparent reason he can travel back and forth throught the worlds aswell!?!

Spire

III
BRoomer
but then how do you explain impa? was she just TO stealthy for the godesses, unless someone has an answer to this, it seems like a big flaw.

Also, I thought happy mask salesmen found the mask in hyrule? and for some apparent reason he can travel back and forth throught the worlds aswell!?!
Sorry, I think I forgot a bit of info, or wrote something incorrectly.

My theory suggests that the Dark Interlopers were Sheikah, but weren't all of the Sheikah. The select few were banished to the Sacred Realm, while the remaining lived in Kakariko.

And Majora's Mask was found by the Happy Mask Salesman in Termina. He traveled to Termina from Hyrule in search of it, and once he found it and was returning to Hyrule, Skull Kid stole it.

Who knows what would have happened if he had brought it back to Hyrule though :o

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I think I forgot a bit of info, or wrote something incorrectly.

My theory suggests that the Dark Interlopers were Sheikah, but weren't all of the Sheikah. The select few were banished to the Sacred Realm, while the remaining lived in Kakariko.

And Majora's Mask was found by the Happy Mask Salesman in Termina. He traveled to Termina from Hyrule in search of it, and once he found it and was returning to Hyrule, Skull Kid stole it.

Who knows what would have happened if he had brought it back to Hyrule though :o
OMG your right!

But I thought you said only skull kid, link and the fairys can travel to termina?

BTW awsome theory no flaws I can see :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
OMG your right!

But I thought you said only skull kid, link and the fairys can travel to termina?

BTW awsome theory no flaws I can see :)
I once said that Skull Kid, Link, and the Fairies are the only known ones to travel between the two worlds, but I forgot about the HMS.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
That was a pretty amazing read, I won't lie, but there are a few things I'm wondering about, which I'll ask later when I have the time.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
I once said that Skull Kid, Link, and the Fairies are the only known ones to travel between the two worlds, but I forgot about the HMS.
But I dont see why no one else can travel back and forth thru the warp aswell though, I man what is so special about them?

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Ahh..****, I forgot what I was going to say, I happen to be in class, and my teacher was over my shoulder in my earlier post..but, I like your theory a lot. Though, would this interfere with Dan's from ZU about the Stone Tower and such?

Spire

III
BRoomer
But I dont see why no one else can travel back and forth thru the warp aswell though, I man what is so special about them?
It's that no one else knows that it's possible. The Happy Mask Salesman and Skull Kid were the first to discover it, then Link accidentally did as he chased Skull Kid.
Ahh..****, I forgot what I was going to say, I happen to be in class, and my teacher was over my shoulder in my earlier post..but, I like your theory a lot. Though, would this interfere with Dan's from ZU about the Stone Tower and such?

Most theories interfere with one another, which is why they're theories.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
That is true, but his seemed more along the lines of the past of Termina, and explained more about it, while you were talking more about it's future.

Spire

III
BRoomer
That is true, but his seemed more along the lines of the past of Termina, and explained more about it, while you were talking more about it's future.
Oh wait, you were talking about the OP. Haha, I forgot about it since we got on the topic of the Twili and such from the last page.

Well mine isn't even much of a theory, it's just more of an idea of what could happen in the future in the Adult Timeline.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Oh, my bad for not explaining further.
I think you could call it a theory, that is, if Link ever would go back, but would that be possibly? Would the door that Link used to get there, still even exist?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh, my bad for not explaining further.
I think you could call it a theory, that is, if Link ever would go back, but would that be possibly? Would the door that Link used to get there, still even exist?

I suppose you're right. How would it be if he returned? Realistically, Termina would probably just have a giant crater where Clock Town and the surrounding fields were, with debris spread into the outlying regions. I tried to imagine it on a planetary scale, because it's.. the moon.

I'm sure there are warps to Termina other than just in the Lost Woods.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
While I do agree that's a good point, if we go with the theory of one door to Termina, I'd say the Clock down is mostly broken down, but theirs still access to it. If you go with other ways to Termina, I'd see no use in having the door, but how exactly is the question? I thought the Great Bay Ocean clearing up may gave a path way, but since it's mostly scattered bits of land, I don't see how that'd work.
Another thought is where would the Giant's be?

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
But how do you know that the door only just takes you to the place that needs help maybe the hub in the lostwoods is the only way to termina but there are other doorways to other worlds that by now are destroyed concidering how far we are in the timeline. So maybe its the godesses desire where you go through the warps you know?

Also I would like to point out that I have just started playing mm like right now! I have just beat skull kid to get the OoT. And something came across me I dont think i have ever noticed clocks in hyrule, wich brought up the fact that terminians are probably much more technically advanced than hylians. So is it not possible that termina is hyrule long ilong in the future of hyrule? It might just be hyrule you know! I mean hylians might have just changed the name of the land. It would make alot of sence aswell because termina is one letter off from terminal and the deffonition of a terminal is a stopping point to terminate! Wich is exactlytly what the moon is doing! But because link saves it time can go on. I dont think I belive this but it could be a possebility. Or more of an easyer theory to think of is that termina is just further in time than hyrule is ( still a parallel world).

Another thing is this...
the clock in clock town. To me it might tell a fact about the zelda verse like the parralel universes and other things I cant quite put my finger on. Or it could just be a nice little design that nintendo made and that I am thinkking to far into things (like usual :)) But I seriously see something there I just have to figue out what.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So is it not possible that termina is hyrule long ilong in the future of hyrule?
I have never thought of this possibility. It's a farcry, and crossing into an alternate dimension could yield: an alternate Hyrule, a future Hyrule, a past Hyrule, who knows? All we know is that Termina is somehow connected to Hyrule through an interdimensional warp. It is definitely technologically superior to Hyrule, even by the time of Twilight Princess, so imagine what Termina would have developed into by that time? What would Termina have looked like if we had been able to travel to it in TP, which is some hundreds years after OoT? It could be a giant, functioning, technological world.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
I have never thought of this possibility. It's a farcry, and crossing into an alternate dimension could yield: an alternate Hyrule, a future Hyrule, a past Hyrule, who knows? All we know is that Termina is somehow connected to Hyrule through an interdimensional warp. It is definitely technologically superior to Hyrule, even by the time of Twilight Princess, so imagine what Termina would have developed into by that time? What would Termina have looked like if we had been able to travel to it in TP, which is some hundreds years after OoT? It could be a giant, functioning, technological world.

Exactly ! :)

But according to your theory in wich this thread is based around, he never goes to termina on the adult side of the timline so that is where the "terminal" ends Termina was terminated and stoped, wich is how it was supposed to be.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Exactly ! :)

But according to your theory in wich this thread is based around, he never goes to termina on the adult side of the timline so that is where the "terminal" ends Termina was terminated and stoped, wich is how it was supposed to be.
Yes precisely. In the Adult Timeline, Termina and Hyrule are destroyed, by moon and flood. In the Child Timeline, Termina and Hyrule are saved, by Link. Yet, Hyrule is rebuilt in a new form in the Adult Timeline, signifying that Hyrule will forever be immortal. Termina's converse destiny suggests that it will be destroyed no matter what. So in the Child Timeline, by stopping Majora's Mask and the moon, Link is simply hindering its destruction, not forever stopping it. Something is bound to come along and destroy the land.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Yes precisely. In the Adult Timeline, Termina and Hyrule are destroyed, by moon and flood. In the Child Timeline, Termina and Hyrule are saved, by Link. Yet, Hyrule is rebuilt in a new form in the Adult Timeline, signifying that Hyrule will forever be immortal. Termina's converse destiny suggests that it will be destroyed no matter what. So in the Child Timeline, by stopping Majora's Mask and the moon, Link is simply hindering its destruction, not forever stopping it. Something is bound to come along and destroy the land.
You could also say the same for hyrule as well you know, because it seems something is always trying to destroy the land.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You could also say the same for hyrule as well you know, because it seems something is always trying to destroy the land.
Well Ganon has never tried to destroy it, just take over. He wants the land. Ganon strives for power whereas Majora wanted complete and utter destruction.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Well Ganon has never tried to destroy it, just take over. He wants the land. Ganon strives for power whereas Majora wanted complete and utter destruction.
yea That makes sence.

But concidering this, how many other worlds are out there that where not saved! Looking at the clock I think it tells of 4 dimensions in wich you can travel to. @ in wich link does not know about. or these othe lands could porbably be labrynia and hollodrum( forgive the spelling I have not played those games :() Bu What I gather is that those two places are just other lands in hyrule.

BTW Where would the potal be in WW if everything is flooded?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
yea That makes sence.

But concidering this, how many other worlds are out there that where not saved! Looking at the clock I think it tells of 4 dimensions in wich you can travel to. @ in wich link does not know about. or these othe lands could porbably be labrynia and hollodrum( forgive the spelling I have not played those games :() Bu What I gather is that those two places are just other lands in hyrule.

BTW Where would the potal be in WW if everything is flooded?
Your posts are really hard to read

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah AngryMoblyn, you need to work on your English. It'll help us take you more seriously.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Yeah AngryMoblyn, you need to work on your English. It'll help us take you more seriously.
You dont have to be so rude all the time, concidering we are on a forum you dont seem to be very sociable, and now you are saying you dont take me seriously aswell? Then y do I even bother writeing on this site if every one is so uptight?

Spire

III
BRoomer
You dont have to be so rude all the time, concidering we are on a forum you dont seem to be very sociable, and now you are saying you dont take me seriously aswell? Then y do I even bother writeing on this site if every one is so uptight?
No, I do take you seriously because your posts are often well thought out. The broken english makes it harder to read, and thus harder to respond to. My apologies if I come off rude. I've honestly found quite a deal of insight in your thoughts and writings, but I just wish you'd take the time to check your spelling and grammar because it helps when posting on a public forum. That's where the 'serious' concern comes in.

If you would like to continue this, take it to PM with me, otherwise let's stray back on course.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
No, I do take you seriously because your posts are often well thought out. The broken english makes it harder to read, and thus harder to respond to. My apologies if I come off rude. I've honestly found quite a deal of insight in your thoughts and writings, but I just wish you'd take the time to check your spelling and grammar because it helps when posting on a public forum. That's where the 'serious' concern comes in.

If you would like to continue this, take it to PM with me, otherwise let's stray back on course.
Fine, it was just coming of a little offensive thats all. BTW what does PM stand for?

P.S I will edit more in future

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
OMG! More Proof!!!!

Going back to the theory of termina actually being hyrule in the future, I found some possible evidence the programmers might just have put in the game as a little hint. Chek it out....

Wierd right? I dont see it pointing to anything else? The only thing I can see it being put in there for is to show that it is a memerable milestone of the terminian/hyrule past.

P.S srry for double posting its just that no one was posting and I had a cool thought. PLZPLZPLZ dont report me:(

Spire

III
BRoomer
P.S srry for double posting its just that no one was posting and I had a cool thought. PLZPLZPLZ dont report me:(
Alright, but don't do it again. Just edit your thoughts into the previous post and they will be seen, don't worry.
While that is one theory to explain the Triforce, here's an article that puts forth a very impressive alternative explanation.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2008/05/the-message-of-majoras-mask.php
Yeah, I still stand by this. It's a rather old article, but it's an incredible read.

Also...

I was thinking again about who these "Dark Interlopers" were: members from a tribe of the past. I decided to decline the possibility of them being Sheikah, rather the Ikana only. If there's a portal to Hyrule from Termina, then perhaps some of the Ikana discovered it and used the power of Majora's Mask to try and steal the Triforce. As a result, they were captured and banished to the Twilight Realm and their dark powers sealed into the Fused Shadow which - as we've pointed out already - resembles Majora's Mask in some aspects. In response to this failed attack on Hyrule, the remaining Ikana built Stone Tower Temple as a cultural ban against the Triforce (hence its negative representation throughout the temple), as it caused the banishment of several members of the Ikana. Also as a result, they realized that the powers of Majora's Mask were insufficient for their needs, and they cast it off - as told through the legends.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Alright, but don't do it again. Just edit your thoughts into the previous post and they will be seen, don't worry.

Yeah, I still stand by this. It's a rather old article, but it's an incredible read.

Also...

I was thinking again about who these "Dark Interlopers" were: members from a tribe of the past. I decided to decline the possibility of them being Sheikah, rather the Ikana only. If there's a portal to Hyrule from Termina, then perhaps some of the Ikana discovered it and used the power of Majora's Mask to try and steal the Triforce. As a result, they were captured and banished to the Twilight Realm and their dark powers sealed into the Fused Shadow which - as we've pointed out already - resembles Majora's Mask in some aspects. In response to this failed attack on Hyrule, the remaining Ikana built Stone Tower Temple as a cultural ban against the Triforce (hence its negative representation throughout the temple), as it caused the banishment of several members of the Ikana. Also as a result, they realized that the powers of Majora's Mask were insufficient for their needs, and they cast it off - as told through the legends.
Then what happened to all the sheikah? All I know about them is that they hate the hylian royalty and there are none of them left. So Maybe if you fuse this theory with your older one it would make a lot more sence.

Like such, is it not possible the ikana got banished first but used the power of the mask to contact the shiekah through the twilight realm? Of course at this point the ikana have befriended the shiekah, possably because they are mad at the royal family, for who knows what. So they wanted to betray them. By doing so, helping the ikana get the triforce.

Or another way to go is, The shiekah are not yet mad at the royal family, but some of them are evil shiekah and THEY are the ones that help the ikana get the tri force. With this happening they might of gotten caught, and there fore banished also to the twilight realm, BUT the catch is that they kept it secret from the other shiekah that they were evil. So the other shikah get mad at them for banishing there bretherin, so they reataliate and get banished. Or One day the hylian knights come to banish the rest of them, and they dont know why there after having a long lasting haterd for the hylians.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well I said that because the Sheikah were devout servants and guardians of the Hyrule Royal Family and the Triforce. They did not "hate the Hylian Royalty" as you said.

But their position certainly yields in favor of some of the Sheikah being the Dark Interlopers since they were so close to the Triforce. It makes sense that there may have been a few that fell corrupt to greed. Think about their position: they served to protect the royal family and the Triforce, essentially making sure that the Hylians had absolute access to the Triforce at all times. It was theirs. The Sheikah got no stake in it. Perhaps they felt cheated and decided to pursue the Triforce on their own, only to be banished by the Light Spirits as that was not part of the plan.

On a slightly related note, I really hate such celestial beings as the Goddesses interfering with history. It takes away from the humanity in the world, thus making the denizens of Hyrule feel lesser and unimportant. That's why MM felt so human, so real, because there were no Gods/Goddesses. There were the Giants, but because they were able to be sealed away by Majora's Mask, they show mortality. Termina more accurately reflects our world than Hyrule. Hyrule is the fantasy world, Termina is the real world.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Termina = future hyrule, I'm betting money on this.
Same, I cant stress it enough that I coudnt possably belive its a coincidence that termina is one letter of to terminal, Meaning the ending point in the history of hyrule/ termina.

Maybe the corrupted Ikana(dark interlopers) new of the corrupted sheikah`s strive for the trifoce in the past of termina (AKA hyrule) So they helped them by "interloping" into the past. You see this is possably why they got the title of dark interlopers in the "histoy books" of termina. They interloped through different dimensions.

P.S I read that article that Scott! posted and this picture reminded me a bit of malons necktie. But i dont think it is anyting much

Spire

III
BRoomer
Same, I cant stress it enough that I coudnt possably belive its a coincidence that termina is one letter of to terminal, Meaning the ending point in the history of hyrule/ termina.

Maybe the corrupted Ikana(dark interlopers) new of the corrupted sheikah`s strive for the trifoce in the past of termina (AKA hyrule) So they helped them by "interloping" into the past. You see this is possably why they got the title of dark interlopers in the "histoy books" of termina. They interloped through different dimensions.
a) Termina was named after 'terminal', yes, but to assert the doomsday concept of the game as the moon is falling.
b) The Ikana never got the title of 'Dark Interlopers' in the "history books" of Termina.
c) Hyrule and Termina are entirely different geographically, similar only by a long shot.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
a) Termina was named after 'terminal', yes, but to assert the doomsday concept of the game as the moon is falling.
b) The Ikana never got the title of 'Dark Interlopers' in the "history books" of Termina.
c) Hyrule and Termina are entirely different geographically, similar only by a long shot.
BUT! So is every other game, they are only slightly of geographically,yes, but I am talking way,way, far in the future.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Have you guys ever noticed that TP's Hyrule map clearly resembles Termina? There are numerous counterparts between the two maps --

North/South Faron Woods = Southern Swamp
Purple Haze Area of Faron Woods = Woodfall
Forest Temple = Deku Palace? (Could also be Woodfall Temple)
Sacred Grove = Woods of Mystery

Hyrule Field = Termina Field (Obviously, but notice how Hyrule Field now surrounds Castle Town, much like Termina).
Hyrule Castle Town = Clock Town (This is obvious, too, but now Castle Town is surrounded by a large stone wall, has entrances on multiple sides, and has north, south, east, and west roads).

Kakariko Village/Graveyard = Ikana Canyon/Graveyard
Goron Mines = Stone Tower

Snowpeak = Snowhead
Lake Hylia = Great Bay

And this isn't map-related, but the 4 Light Spirits seem to resemble the 4 Giants. It seems like whatever Link did in Termina resulted in significant alterations of Hyrule. Thoughts?

Spire

III
BRoomer
^ It is odd, isn't it. Of course there are still the differences such as the Gerudo Desert, but it would still be situated exactly where the Pirate's Fortress is.

Also note that Hyrule's water source is Zora's Fountain, a spring, and in Snowhead there is also a spring. Both are located in the north, at the base of the mountains.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys ever noticed that TP's Hyrule map clearly resembles Termina? There are numerous counterparts between the two maps --

North/South Faron Woods = Southern Swamp
Purple Haze Area of Faron Woods = Woodfall
Forest Temple = Deku Palace? (Could also be Woodfall Temple)
Sacred Grove = Woods of Mystery

Hyrule Field = Termina Field (Obviously, but notice how Hyrule Field now surrounds Castle Town, much like Termina).
Hyrule Castle Town = Clock Town (This is obvious, too, but now Castle Town is surrounded by a large stone wall, has entrances on multiple sides, and has north, south, east, and west roads).

Kakariko Village/Graveyard = Ikana Canyon/Graveyard
Goron Mines = Stone Tower

Snowpeak = Snowhead
Lake Hylia = Great Bay

And this isn't map-related, but the 4 Light Spirits seem to resemble the 4 Giants. It seems like whatever Link did in Termina resulted in significant alterations of Hyrule. Thoughts?
You know, I was just thinking along those lines today! It would make scence as well, consdering my theory on how termina is hyrules future. Like in every timetravel story ever made, what ever you do in the past changes the future and vise versa. So changing hyrules apocalyptic future, may result in a different past.

Top Bottom