• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post your own ideas about new Pokéball Pokémon

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I looked throroughly through the existing Brawl threads and couldn't find a single thread about new Pokémon in Brawl. If there is and I couldn't find it, my mistake.

As this is the first time I'm creating a new thread, I'm hoping there is nothing wrong with this one.

Let's see what your ideas about new Pokémon coming from Pokéballs are and what their attacks should do. The only ones that are confirmed up to now are Groudon, Deoxys and our old friends Chikorita and Goldeen.

Now, let's start...

Kyogre: Calls in a massive flood of water that floods the lower half of the arena. The current will slowly push the fighters off to the left (kinda similar to the current in the Jungle Japes stage in Melee).

Rayquaza: Flies in in the background and then up into the sky. Afterwards, he'll appear three additional times, each time coming from an unpredictable direction and flying across the screen, ramming everyone who is in his way.

Typhlosion: A giant tower of flame appears, erupting from his back. Kinda like Entei's attack, but not as big and powerful.

Feraligatr: Unlike Blastoise, he fires off one solid stream of water that continually pushes a caught character to the left or right.

Meganium: Falls down from above and shakes the ground. Afterwards, fires off a powerful Solar Beam to the left or right.

Butterfree: Slowly flies across the battlefield and releases Stun Spores.

Sandslash: Jumps out of the ground vertically, spinning like a living drill. When he lands on the ground, he slashes anyone who comes near him.

Zubat: A swarm of Zubats appears and swarms around the nearest fighter, hampering his movement.

Diglett: Diglett pops out of the ground, hurling anyone nearby up to the skies.

Steelix: His upper body appears from the ground, then he slams the ground and makes rocks drop from the ceiling/sky. (Similar to Onix' move in Smash Bros. on the N64)

Marowak: Throws a bonerang that returns to him.

Delibird: Pulls a random item out of his bag and drops it in the arena.

Mareep: Slowly walks along the stage. Everyone who touches it gets shocked and/or paralyzed.

Slaking: Appears and yawns, everyone in front of him falls asleep (long distance).

Shiftry: Flaps his leaves and creates a strong gust of wind which pushes the fighters away (similar to Whispy Woods).

Camerupt: Shoots several balls of magma that fly in an arch. The range of these attacks varies.

Phew, these were even more than I had originally planned. I hope there's enough left for you to figure out. Still, tell me what you think about these attacks and if you maybe have a better idea for several of the Pokémon I mentioned.

Again, should this kind of thread already exist somewhere else and I just didn't find it, my apologies.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Well, theres one on the firt page, and one on the second, but I don't care. You did a much better first post then both of them.

Kyogre should be like Groudon. It just floats the and does lots of damage when people touch it. the rest are pretty good!

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
I think lucairo would be a good playable character.
I would prefer that myself

as for a pokebal pokemon

I don't know if you mentioned him but If Jirachi was summoned, insted of being useless like mew and celebi he could summon stars that would go accross the stage like the unknown, except more devestating

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Kyogre will freeze anyone that touches it besides the thrower. It ain't logical, but neither is what Groudon does.
Rayquaza will whip up a Twister, and a tornado thingy will blow across the screen.
Seviper sits and waits, and if anyone gets close, it lunges, and bites 'em.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Well, as nobody is willing to add his own ideas... I decided to add a few more Pokemon myself:

Shellder: Jumps and clamps to the head of one opponent.

Golem: Rolls around the stage, similar to Jigglypuff's Rollout, except he doesn't stop...

Magnemite: Sends bolts of electricity along the walls and floor.

Alakazam: Lifts everyone around him off the ground and slams them down.

Hitmontop: Spins around the arena wildly.

Miltank: Creates a few bottles of milk which heal half the health of everybody who picks them up.

Houndoom: Leaps forward, spitting out several balls of ember while doing so.

Smeargle: After appearing, he draws the picture of any common enemy that might appear in Adventure Mode and it comes to life.

Misdreavus: Appears with a horrible shriek which stuns any nearby opponent,

Sharpedo: Several Sharpedos come shooting up from down below.

Wailord: Wailord makes a giant leap across the screen.

Gardevoir: Unlike Alakazam, it shoves all opponents around it away in all directions with its psychic powers.

Nosepass: Attracts all nearby opponents with its magnetic powers and traps everyone who comes too close for a short while.

Castform: Makes it either sunny, rainy or snowy for a while before it disappears. (No actual effect, but has some interesting visual affects on the scenery)

I can't use any of the Pokémon from Pearl/Diamond, since I haven't played those games yet.

Your opinions?

:)

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
Skuntank - randomly walks across the stage farting everywhere and nothing else.... it's the new goldeen. xD

FoxxehRoxxeh

Smash Journeyman
In the R.I.D.L.E.Y. Sniper Lookout, Sniping Ridley
Heracross: Headbutts across the screen like Luigi, just more powerful, and it doesn't stop when he hits someone.

Diagla: Roar of Time, a beam shoots to the side at high speeds, completely Leveling anyone who gets in the way.

Palkia: Spacial Rift, A massive hole opens up in the middle of the stage, anyone sucked into the hole while be damaged quite a bit before being let out, and shot to either the top, bottom, left, or right.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
You lie, and fail.
I didn't read past there.
Sheesh, sorry if this thread isn't enough for Mr. or Mrs. Perfect...

But seriously, I said I could have made a mistake. Couldn't you be at least a bit more polite?

Saying that I couldn't find anything while admitting that I might have overseen it isn't really lying, you know?

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
You lie, and fail.
I didn't read past there, instead i thought i'd post a pointless sarcastic comment and try to render the movement of this progressing topic with my incredible SMRT brane.
People are posting on here, people are enjoying it - so sod off you toad.

Politoad - jumps out of the pokeball purched on a marsh twig - takes 5% from all players and subtracts from the users' %

khold

Smash Apprentice
Hitmonchan - Springs out of Pokeball as it punches, similar to Porygon2.
Hypno - Swings its pendulum as player's in vicinity have their controls mixed around. (would be useless against computer players)
Magikarp - Uses the Flail attack. Does more damage if the user of the Pokeball is at a higher percentage.
Lapras - Fires an Ice Beam with random aim. Freezes opponents.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Heracross: Headbutts across the screen like Luigi, just more powerful, and it doesn't stop when he hits someone.

Diagla: Roar of Time, a beam shoots to the side at high speeds, completely Leveling anyone who gets in the way.

Palkia: Spacial Rift, A massive hole opens up in the middle of the stage, anyone sucked into the hole while be damaged quite a bit before being let out, and shot to either the top, bottom, left, or right.
Hitmonchan - Springs out of Pokeball as it punches, similar to Porygon2.
Hypno - Swings its pendulum as player's in vicinity have their controls mixed around. (would be useless against computer players)
Magikarp - Uses the Flail attack. Does more damage if the user of the Pokeball is at a higher percentage.
Lapras - Fires an Ice Beam with random aim. Freezes opponents.
Thank you both for the interesting posts! Now I wish I would know more about Palkia and Dialga...

As for Magikarp, it would be funny if he actually uses a helpful attack while Goldeen's the useless 'Splasher'...

smashmaniac16

Smash Journeyman
how about furret digging holes that go right through the stge like the pitfall or ditto transforming into another pokeball pokemon,or machamp squeezing the heck out of a character, or kabutops slashing with his arms and evenually disapearing

smashmaniac16

Smash Journeyman
I thought of some others..... omastar appering and using spike cannon, and meowth appering and playing a guitar (instead of doing payday like he did in smash64), and some ghost pokemon like haunter or sableye appearing and temporarily possessing a character, or grimer appearing and runs around the stage and leaving oil that will poisin you if you stay on it too long, and then runs off the stage or disapears, or we could have voltorb as an item, at first it looks like a pokeball but while he is in your hand he turns around and shows his menaceing eyes and you have 3 seconds before he blows up!

Piplup-BubbleBeam: Fires a quick stream of bubbles in one direction that each do 2% damage.

Turtwig-Leech Seed: Throws a seed on someone that quickly spread out, slowing them and damaging them. (lipstick)

Chimchar-Flamewheel: Does a cartwheel while on fire and flies off the stage

Jirachi-Doom Desire: Spins around cutely and flies off... 30 seconds later a giant explosion occurs on the stage damaging anyone around it.

Probopass-Zap Cannon: Fires a giant sphere of electricity at someone, it zigzags like mewtwo's shadow ball and if you get hit you are stunned for a few seconds.

Blaziken- Blaze Kick: like hitmonlee in the first smash bros. except its on fire

Lucario- Aura Sphere: Fires a orange sphere at someone, it tracks down one opponent.

Totodile-Bite: Latches onto someone's head and gnaws causing damage.

Staraptor-Brave Bird: crashes into someone at full speed then explodes! (fine take out the explosion)

Blissey-Egg Bomb: Just like chansey except that the eggs explode! (lol, wouldn't you love to send this thing out while playing for the first time and your friends run toward it to heal)

Azelf-Explosion: Like electrode except more classy and faster

Uxie-Memento: Uxie vanishes and its shadow jumps onto someone and makes them slow and lose the ability to jump. (if you don't know what this does in game it makes you faint and lowers your opponents stats)

Mespirit-Healing Wish: Mespirit vanishes and heals 50% damage of the person who released it.

Manaphy-Heart Swap: Manaphy's antennas start to glow and then everyone's damage gets swapped.

Cresselia- Lunar Dance: Shoots a giant stream of crescents in one direction. (meh, this move is just like healing wish so i thought i'd change it up a bit)

Darkrai- Dark Void: Everyone except the person who called out this pokemon gets enveloped in a drak void and falls asleep.

Shaymin and Arcues have not been released yet not even in japan so don't think Brawl is going to ruin it for everyone... >_>;

Dialga-Roar of Time: Roars and a bunch of clock silhouettes attack someone... lol

Palkia-Spacial Rend: Slashes toward a direction and a big pink explosion occurs... (>_>; i couldn't think of anything)

Giratina-Shadow Force: Dissapears and then 30 seconds later reappears and damages everyone who touches it.

there's way too many legendaries in d/p... >_<;

oh... I made this one if my favorite pokemon doesn't become a playable character
Mime Jr.-Mimic: Follows you around and mimics all your moves for 1 minute!

Dead Sexy Vocab

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Mime: Surrounds himself with Reflect/Light Screen, and any physical attack will basically bounce off and double the damage back on the attacker.

Seaking: It can flop around like Goldeen, but would use Horn Drill on anyone nearby.

Magikarp/Gyarados: Magikarp would flop around like Goldeen, then unexpectedly evolve into Gyarados. Gyarados would then continue with the flopping, but would use Earthquake/Body Slam, shaking the floor and those around it.

Jynx: Just like Bellossom, it'll use Lovely Kiss with hearts floating around it, putting others to sleep.

Shritistrang: I like your idea about Delibird leaving certain items around.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
how about a techniq that u can use (but its a rare one) is that you can do pokemon combos ...for example if you just so hapen to summon all three legendary birds (even thoough the chances are freakin rare)then they all fly together and combine a solor beam looking attack....somthing like that...i call it poke combos but it can only work with spesific pokemon an they have to be legendary be cause if they were commons there would be too many poke combos..

Azelf

Smash Cadet
Figured that I should do Azelf.

Azelf: The Willpower Pokemon would float upwards and begin to glow, then become enveloped in a gigantic explosion. Anyone near Azelf during the explosion takes massive damage, with the amount of damage taken depending upon how close the person is to Azelf. The summoner is completely unharmed no matter how close they are to Azelf during the explosion.

Tubaam

Smash Apprentice
I have two :

Deoxys (defense form) : He make a bubble shield around the pokeball thrower for 20 seconds

Ditto : He jump on the thrower and transform him into one of his enemies ( In 1p mode he transform you a random unlocked character)

smashmaniac16

Smash Journeyman
I got more...... how about starmie going around the stage doing rapid spin, and rampardos zen headbutting a character off the stage, and sudowoodo standing and acting like a tree but when a character gets close he will attack them, and zubat coming out and leeching on to a character and slowly makes their heartrate go up, or missingo appearing and screwing up the screen for a little while ( if missingo is even counted as a pokemon).

Figured that I should do Azelf.

Azelf: The Willpower Pokemon would float upwards and begin to glow, then become enveloped in a gigantic explosion. Anyone near Azelf during the explosion takes massive damage, with the amount of damage taken depending upon how close the person is to Azelf. The summoner is completely unharmed no matter how close they are to Azelf during the explosion.
that's exactly what i said... >_>;

Famine

Smash Rookie
Luxray- He'll pop and zap everybody, and all-like "I'm Luxray *****! come get some...son"

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Victribell.- jumps really fast and, like in the cartoon, puts itself over someone 'eating' him, as if he was made egg by yoshi, not being able to attack, but can move and jump.

:034:

Smash Hero
TOPIC REVIVE

Munchlax:

Munchlax uses Natural Gift! A move depending on what berry Munchlax is holding. This attack would work like Metronome, a different type of attack, chosen at random.

Rayquaza:

Rayquaza flies to the back of the stage (ala Lugia).. Then dives forward, lunging over the stage, using Dragon Claw, slicing your opponents to shreds!

Infernape:

Infernape uses Flare Blitz! Sadly, I have no idea how this move would look like...

Torterra:

Torterra uses Leaf Storm!

Empoleon:

Empoleon uses Brine! Empoleon spits water out in the air which later comes down unto the stage for damage.

More will come when I think of them..

uberpwnage43

Smash Cadet
not a big pokemon fan but lets c......
blaiziken: ( if he's not playable)kicks the c*** outta everyone by......kicking them
random evee evolution
rhyhorn:charges across the field
magnamite: draws players towrds him

thats all i could think of right now sory dont know much bout the current pokemon

:034:

Smash Hero
Jirachi:

Jirachi is the new Mew. 1 in a 385 chance of seeing, corresponding with the amount of Pokemon in Third Gen.

Kyogre:

Kyogre uses Surf! Kyogre floods half of the field, dragging opponents to the left or right.

Ambipom:

Ampibom uses Double Hit! Ambipom rushes over to the closest and hits twice (the first hit having set knockback).

Spiritomb:

Spiritomb uses Memento! I quite like this one. Spiritomb shoots a beam at the nearest opponent and then faints. The hit opponent does 50% less damage until he dies. Of course, the opponent can just suicide, but where's the fun in that? :p

Garchomp:

Garchomp uses Dragon Rush! He runs wildly over the platform, hitting everything in his path!

Dialga:

Dialga uses Roar of Time! Dialga stands where he's summoned, then emminates a powerful aura.. Everybody hit by this aura gets high damage, but they don't fly away. Instead, they're frozen in place! The aura Dialga creates is small and easy to avoid though.

Palkia:

Palkia uses Spacial Rend! Palkia completly rebuilds the small area around him. Your opponents will be obliterated in the process! High damage for all!

Giratina:

Giratina uses Shadow Force! Giratina mysteriously dissappears, then reappears to hit all the opponents on the field! However, he doesn't give as much damage as Dialga or Palkia.

Arceus:

Arceus, the Pokémon God! He uses his very own move, Judgment! Sadly, I have no idea how this move works or should work.. Eheh.

I think it should also be possible to get Shiny Pokémon. They'd be rare, but it'd just be cool to see a black Rayquaza attack your enemies.

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
My Pokeball idea for Kyogre is that it summons a rain storm that makes it harder to see and pushes the players down a little. (like the gravity has increased but it's only the rain pushing you down.)

My idea for Dialga is that it uses Roar of Time and creates a portal. If you go inside the portal your character has the same amount of stock and damage % they had 1 minute ago. And you would be holding the item you had 1 minute ago too. Of course this might be broken because you could've been holding the Pokeball a minute ago and reuse Dialga which would probably make Dialga very broken. (I should've thought this through.)

And my idea for Palkia is that it uses Spacial Rend. When it uses this all space is distorted and rifts in space appear (a la more portals!). If you go through one of them you'll appear in another rift. Of course one of these rifts could cause you to appear really high up off screen or at the bottom of the stage in which you would die unless you are Pit; who has hax recovery skills.:grin:

Top Bottom