• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Posting Intelligently: A Guide To Not Being An Idiot

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Good read.

^ I hope that doesn't fall into the category of "unintelligent posts." =P

Because I often will post to praise someone for a thread, or a video, or some sort of discovery they've made.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Good read.

^ I hope that doesn't fall into the category of "unintelligent posts." =P

Because I often will post to praise someone for a thread, or a video, or some sort of discovery they've made.
Bump for not getting nearly enough reads for its lifespan.
It's ok. My last post was probably categorized as unintelligent. ...lol...

And of course, some things are meant to be posted for praise. If I have this amazing video where I completely destroy some top level player in a tournament match(lol as if) I'm probably going to post it with the expectation to wow people. I want those kinds of posts, and the thread will most likely be MADE for that purpose. Sometimes just saying, that's awesome, or something along the lines is in line with what the thread expects and warrants. The important thing is to realize when the thread warrants that, and when it doesn't. =]

But good point. I'll add that to Q/A section.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Step 1 : Use common Sense.
Step 2 :??????
Step 3 : PROFIT!!!
Fixed.

People are idiots, no point making this thread.

Welcome to the Internet.

Also, most likely the idiots won't read this thread in the first place. :\

How typical.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
People just don't think when they write sometimes kinda like they don't think before speaking it applies on the internet too lol.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Fixed.

People are idiots, no point making this thread.

Welcome to the Internet.

Also, most likely the idiots won't read this thread in the first place. :\

How typical.
In theory, if an random member read this topic in its entirety, put a lot of forethought into making his post elequent, and did not post something redundant, but something new to the discussion or thought about making a noob post but decided not to post it, wouldn't they, by the guidelines of this thread, be intelligent? Since you have to assume everyone is an idiot on the Internet until proven otherwise, reading this thread and not posting idiotically or posting intelligently would prove that they are intelligent on the grounds of not being idiots.

So thus far, everyone who has contributed to this thread (by simply reading it at least) has been intelligent and does not fit the demographic this thread is trying to contact, making this thread, outside of being a good read, totally useless. Just some food for thought.

Nice read though Fear. I'm one of those stupid posters (half of my topics have been locked) who you were trying to contact. Then again, I barely even matter since I never post anyway. :p

feardragon64

Smash Champion
To everyone saying this isn't going to reach the intended audience, 80% of everyone has said that. I said that in the opening post when I was first writing it. Thanks for still giving me props on writing it, but to me, I wrote this with the hope of a few people in the tactical discussion seeing it, and the main purpose as a place for people to forward seemingly idiotic posters to. If it catches on with enough people, this thing will get read by enough people. The others will just take it as an insult and not read it of course. The day there is no spam posts whatsoever, the boards are basically dead and not enough people are going on them.

It's hard to be a mod. =\

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Are there different rules for the pool room, because alot of the threads are a little pointless. I did a pointless thread but it has been pretty succesfull. So if there are any other rules and such for the pool room, please tell me them.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
This is the best thread ever.

New users should be forced to read this before they can post on the fourms.
(And then take a test on it.)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Ahahahahahahahahahaha
haha
ha
ha....

It's alright. I'm super bored so this gives me something to do!

Update pending!
...Have you read this thread yet sir? I find it quite informative :).

(Your username sounds a lot like the author's.)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol mango gives some of the best and simplest advice for melee

u guys should see how he posts :p

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Nice thread, Hahzah for excellent posting!

Step 4) Reread Your Post
*Remembers cheesy stupid posts* Oh dear!

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Train wreck. Thanks for all these tips. Train wreck. Maybe I should also add rainbows to the ends of my post to make them more presentable and uniform. Train wreck.

RDK

Smash Hero
Feardragon, I dare you to spend one hour arguing in a ban debate thread and not end up sounding like this:

Originally Posted by flamedragon
feardragon you're full of ****.
Have you even been to a tournament?
Metaknight kicks Captain falcon's ***. Nobody gives a **** about how you 3 stocked your mom. I'm pretty sure everyone's 3 stocked your mom and planked her until the timer ran out.
Falcon doesn't have the priority, range, or jack **** to deal with anything metaknight has. Metaknight's dtilt says hi.

Seriously, take your low tier garbage character and stick to getting 3 stocked by computers.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Ahahahahahahahahahaha
haha
ha
ha....

It's alright. I'm super bored so this gives me something to do!

Update pending!
maybe you should break up your critical essay explaining how to post within certain age groups for example:

ages 4-10: DONT POST
ages 11-15: DONT POST
ages 16-19: NO ONE CARES
ages 20-beyond: QUIT TALKING DOWN TO EVERYONE ELSE

alternative; make them register at SomethingAwful and learn how your suppose to post the hard way

or you know SWF can adopt their rules list

Top Bottom