• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
You do realize this stage just has alternate versiosn to it, right? Sakurai clarified this when he revealed Little Mac's, as well as his themed stage variation for the boxing ring.
Didn't say it wasn't, just wondering why that's the Icon for the stage when the one on the Wii U version appears completely blank.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Didn't say it wasn't, just wondering why that's the Icon for the stage when the one on the Wii U version appears completely blank.
It's because they just took whatever images they could find to make this as plausible as possible, pretty sure.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
This roster is excellent. I really hope this is real.

I never understand any of the logic for clones being a bad thing or a lazy thing. First of all that's extremely entitled of you to think they owe you more than they've already done with this game (Which is a LOT. Sakurai is literally going to die trying to make you people happy). And Secondly they only have a certain amount of development time and resources and to make all you whiners happy they know they need a healthy, beefed up roster so it definitely saves some money and time to have "clone characters." That's a bad way to look at it though, think of it as more content that we wouldn't have even of had that they somehow found a way to squeeze in to the end product.

And in regards to everyone complaining that they wouldn't make the dlc 4 veterans and 1 newcomer, all of you are complaining that this or that character wouldn't be left out and put on dlc but thats exactly why it makes sense. The characters on the dlc are the perfect characters to make you want to buy it. It's smart marketing. We'll all want that one newcomer, and snake as a 3rd party addition, lucas and wolf as clones, and we'll be missing ice climbers. We'll all buy it. It's quite smart.

All of the "questionable art" has not had a source found for it yet. Dark pit, bowser jr, dr mario, duck hunt and ganon all have pics here with new models and close ups to back up the claim. I'm not saying I think its definite but you're delusional if you think this is impossible.
We can be entitled cause we have to pay for the damn game

As for this leak, I like Duck Hunt Dog but bring Dr. Mario back as a character instead of alt costume and Dark pit? Eh not really feeling it. Also Bowser Jr. too? Dafuq

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
If you guys havent yet, I highly suggest watching pysborg's video on this. The leak is looking very shaky honestly, particularly with wario's eye. Why would ESRB, who dont even play the games, get an unfinished copy without everything unlocked already, somehow know about DLC?

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
If this is so real, why not show top screen images of the characters in different fights? If you think about it, leaving behind just images with tons of renders that can be photoshopped is way too vague if you ask me.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Anyone notice Wario's wonky eye? I'm not buying this yet
Well I'd assume its a Unfinished Copy of the Game
If you guys havent yet, I highly suggest watching pysborg's video on this. The leak is looking very shaky honestly, particularly with wario's eye. Why would ESRB, who dont even play the games, get an unfinished copy without everything unlocked already, somehow know about DLC?
Good Point I have only watched Alax's Vid on this this so i'll have to Check Pysborg's Vid out

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Well I'd assume its a Unfinished Copy of the Game

Good Point I have only watched Alax's Vid on this this so i'll have to Check Pysborg's Vid out
Yea, it just doesnt add up to me. The ESRB's reasoning for not playing games is that it takes upwards of fifty hours to complete some games. Even if they played smash, why would they not start with all characters, trophies, and music tracks unlocked?

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
the only thing i want to be real from this leak is Duck Hunt Dog. What an amazing character that would be!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Biggest Flaws in "Leak":

1. Dark Pit is too far away from the Kid Icarus Uprising Series.
  2. Lucina is too far away from the Fire Emblem Series.
  3. Wario's rendering. Where is his eye?
  4. Dr. Mario as his own character (Would fit better as an alternate costume).
  5. Character Positioning (look at the Brawl character positioning and notice how the Third Party characters are gathered at the right along with Mr. Game and Watch before them.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Shulk doesn't make sense?
Putting words in my mouth? Sounds legit. I just said Duck Hunt dog is most reasonable addition. I didn't say in any way that Shulk doesn't belong here. It's less about what goes in and more about how they work out when they do come in.

Besides, this roster presentation is riddled with errors. I could believe the characters being in and such, but just not how this roster looks. It's way too sloppy, even by EA/Activison standards.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Take a look at this video and compare. Characters selected while the hand is pointing at the coin aren't transparent. When the hands are not pointing and the character selected, they are greyed out. You don't even need to watch the video- look at the thumbnail.

Are you telling me that the indicator for an unselected character is some random, barely noticable line between the level and the CPU icon of a computer player? What kind of **** design is that?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Are you telling me that the indicator for an unselected character is some random, barely noticable line between the level and the CPU icon of a computer player? What kind of **** design is that?
I don't know. It's just letting you know "which coin you have in your hands". It's a decent design choice for the 3DS anyways considering the small screen size and limited space on screen.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I Have Proof Its Fake What is it? Its Simple....

THERE IS NO CHARACTER DAMAGE PERCENTS

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I don't know. It's just letting you know "which coin you have in your hands". It's a decent design choice for the 3DS anyways considering the small screen size and limited space on screen.
Then wouldn't that mean that the difference should be more noticeable than a mere thick line?

Rather than some arbitrary aesthetic change that serves little to no purpose, woulnd't it be better to just leave it like that, without any change? Or better yet, add the transparency to the render, like it's always been?

Note that the E3 build is different from what the final product will turn out, so that may change as well.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
THIS IS SO FAKE! Bowser Jr has his NSMB artwork and is a stupid idea to begin with, Ness looks like his CSP from Melee, don't believe me?

Dr. Mario is in despite being cut in Brawl for obvious reasons, Wario has one eye, duck hunt is just stupid, there are no Mii fighters, Mr. Game and Watch doesn't look as he looked in the Pacman trailer, Shulk looks like Lilttle Mac, Dark Pit is a stupid idea, no Ice Climbers, and the stupid excuse of "they will be DLC" is complete bull****.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You're going somewhere where you don't need to be.
You've already treaded there yourself when you felt compelled to sarcastically reply to my original post to begin with.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
THIS IS SO FAKE! Bowser Jr has his NSMB artwork and is a stupid idea to begin with, Ness looks like his CSP from Melee, don't believe me?

Dr. Mario is in despite being cut in Brawl for obvious reasons, Wario has one eye, duck hunt is just stupid, there are no Mii fighters, Mr. Game and Watch doesn't look as he looked in the Pacman trailer, Shulk looks like Lilttle Mac, Dark Pit is a stupid idea, no Ice Climbers, and the stupid excuse of "they will be DLC" is complete bull****.
JR has the NSMBU Artwork just flipped and a higher quality Mii Fighters could perhaps be turned off the select screen when Customizations are off It does not Matter If GAW Looks different then in a CGI It is just a CGI Trailer not final Duck Hunt would be a great character filled with tonnes of Move set Potential Shulk Looking like Little Mac Is Like Saying Luigi Is not in the Game due to him looking like Mario Or Peach VS Rosie Dark Pit could have a Unique Move set for all we know And Why is DLC A Horrible Idea? It could surprise us I Mean say if we know all Characters by 3DS DLC could keep characters Hidden and Surprise Us :D

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
It is possible Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are placed together because they are clones of their respective counterparts.

Also, the next veteran, or newcomer, render should be enough to validate this leak as either real or fake.

^-^

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
If this is true then this game is going to have a killer roster.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
It is possible Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are placed together because they are clones of their respective counterparts.

Also, the next veteran, or newcomer, render should be enough to validate this leak as either real or fake.

^-^
I Am Literally the Only Guy That Wants dr.Mario and Duck Hunt Real :p

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Biggest Flaws in "Leak":

1. Dark Pit is too far away from the Kid Icarus Uprising Series.
  2. Lucina is too far away from the Fire Emblem Series.
  3. Wario's rendering. Where is his eye?
  4. Dr. Mario as his own character (Would fit better as an alternate costume).
  5. Character Positioning (look at the Brawl character positioning and notice how the Third Party characters are gathered at the right along with Mr. Game and Watch before them.
Also the character selectors are both white.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I call bull**** on this. Doctor Mario at best would be an alternate costume for Mario at best, "Duck Hunt's" real name is Mr. Peepers (Look it up), Sakurai himself said he likes Lucas, ROB sucks and why is there a question mark on Mewtwo? This is the most bull**** leak I've ever seen, I'm not blaming Smashboards they just provided a picture, but there is too much bull**** here...also it's 4Chan
I think it's fake, but just saying many love ROB and I can see Sakurai bringing him back.
Plus Mewtwo will not come back. Its the same thought like Roy will come back. Its senseless. Lucario is already in.
'Lucario is already in'.
I'm sorry, what? All they have is the same Neutral special.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
No offence, but you guys are kinda just saying the same stuff over and over again. It's getting a bit repetitive.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Ok So If it were to be Real Are you happy with the Final Roster? For Me I'd be more then Satisfied With The Roster.....Dat Duck Hunt Art Work Though! its why I feel it has some credibility I Mean Why Leak Duck Hunt of all Characters And Make such Goddamn Great Art Work? :p

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ok So If it were to be Real Are you happy with the Final Roster? For Me I'd be more then Satisfied With The Roster.....Dat Duck Hunt Art Work Though! its why I feel it has some credibility I Mean Why Leak Duck Hunt of all Characters And Make such Goddamn Great Art Work? :p
No, I wouldn't be happy with it. No Ice Climbers, no Ridley, no BANDANA DEE! I would get over it but I'd still be pretty mad.
Good thing this thing is pretty much fake.

MelmanOfDaSouthh

Smash Cadet
Man this is so fake.
Everyone just totally forgot about the orange design in the background of the stage select screen and the character boxes having transparency so you can see it ! FAKE!

Booster

Smash Lord
I think it's fake, but just saying many love ROB and I can see Sakurai bringing him back.

'Lucario is already in'.
I'm sorry, what? All they have is the same Neutral special.
Rob sucks though, he was a horrible gaming accessory that shouldn't have been released and he wasn't a fun character to play as in Smash Bros aside from the fact he had a completely original moveset, plus the infamous Gyros thrown in for good measure. Now if only he could get the infamous Stack Up/Robot Block blocks

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
My question is why whoever made this left the Errors of Wario's Eye and Game&Watch like that?

The photoshopper is obviously very skilled in their art, so I just don't understand why they would leave those errors there. Puzzling, no?

Oh well, I'm just glad it's fake. Leaves the door open for a Metroid, F-Zero, or DK villain. :D

Phalanx13

Smash Rookie
Although the inclusion of Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit (especially since Dark Pit was in a trailer, but wasn't recognized as a character) are questionable, tho there have been comfirmed characters that were questionable too. *cough Pac-Man and Palentana cough* And taking Ice Climbers out would be a pretty big deal. The placement of Lucina is also a bit off. If these are from the same person, he/she must have made them very quickly as Brinstar is in the stages and that was only confirmed yesterday. I also looked as closely as i could to G&W, and i think it's just Wario's shadow making his hand look like that, tho i can't explain Wario's missing pupil. With all these little things, this leads me to believe that it is indeed fake, and i hope so cuz the roster better be bigger than this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom