• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
So is the battle over have the ppl to prove it fake won? I cant watch the video right now.

Sonicb00m111

Smash Rookie
Isn't this Smash Central Official guy just another guy like us, just on YouTube? He doesn't really have any definitive say, and he just says the same stuff already said. I want this leak to be fake too, but what some random guy says doesn't decide it one way or the other..

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
First of all the characters from the same franchises would be next to one another, just like in the E3 build and every other Smash game. Why would Skurai put Dr. Mario and Dark Pit away from their clone counterparts. Dark Pit is confirmed to be an alternate costume anyway, and there is no way Mewtwo isn't in the game.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Oh man this is never-ending over 600 comments someone needs to prove or destroy this soon before we destroy ourselves over this squabble of whether this is true or not.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
Because toon link has different moves as well as different properties.
So do other clones... Dr. Mario did slightly more damage and was a little slower in melee, and Sakurai has said that Lucina's strength will be balanced throughout the blade and appears to have better air game and speed. IF dark pit somehow made it in (I highly doubt it, but just for ****s and giggles) then I could see some of his moves being different. Pit now uses several weapons from kid icarus uprising (ie: shield orbitars and the upper dash arm) it would only make sense that dark pit got his own weapons, maybe the dark pit staff or ogre club. So yes, this does in fact bring into question on why the clones aren't grouped with their respective universe.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
First of all the characters from the same franchises would be next to one another, just like in the E3 build and every other Smash game. Why would Skurai put Dr. Mario and Dark Pit away from their clone counterparts. Dark Pit is confirmed to be an alternate costume anyway, and there is no way Mewtwo isn't in the game.
1 Dark Pit has not been confirmed to be Alt 2 Sakurai stated that e3 build is not final and and is an older version Dark Pit Gets Special Treatment from Sakurai Anyway :p and Mewtwo Was not in Brawl so its possible he is not in But He did have a Question Mark next to his name so who knows

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
So do other clones... Dr. Mario did slightly more damage and was a little slower in melee, and Sakurai has said that Lucina's strength will be balanced throughout the blade and appears to have better air game and speed. IF dark pit somehow made it in (I highly doubt it, but just for ****s and giggles) then I could see some of his moves being different. Pit now uses several weapons from kid icarus uprising (ie: shield orbitars and the upper dash arm) it would only make sense that dark pit got his own weapons, maybe the dark pit staff or ogre club. So yes, this does in fact bring into question on why the clones aren't grouped with their respective universe.
Thank You

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This leak is worse than Palutena or Ridley E3 roster. Why did it get a front page article in the first place?
I don't know lol. Palutena leak was fake anyway. Leak or no leak she would still be in.

Ridley is the only news-worthy thing imho, since there are equal amounts to both sides of the argument and it is OFFICIAL footage XD

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
palutena's leak was real, she is in the game. also this is a completely different situation, the guy showed a part of a level that literally has never existed until today, it would be physically impossible to fake that. especially if you actually played tomodochi life.

i think people want this roster to be fake so bad that they are willing to throw all common sense out of the window.

its over :/
This still doesn't excuse all of the other inconsistencies, such as wario's pupil, weird bold lines, wrong layering, or the fact that in the spaces where players are supposed to have their names there are their levels instead. Don't give me that amiibo bull****, Sakurai has stated in an ACTUAL post that this space is for players names only. I'm fairly certain Nintendo wouldn't mess up something this important. The palutena leak wasn't true either, yes she is in the game but the model shown in the leak isn't the model she has in the game and was probably made by some really lucky nerd with basic photoshop skills.And did you ever stop to think that maybe the guy who made this might be from famitsu and had information early?

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that there are inconsistencies to point out, because if this was real, I'd be upset.

Kid Icarus gets a "reboot": two new characters.

Donkey Kong gets a "reboot": nothing new.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So is the battle over have the ppl to prove it fake won? I cant watch the video right now.
Nobody wins until the next reveal, if the next character reveal is one of these characters then we'll know based on whether or not their art is the same as this leak.

Mewter

Smash Master
This still doesn't excuse all of the other inconsistencies, such as wario's pupil, weird bold lines, wrong layering, or the fact that in the spaces where players are supposed to have their names there is the levels. Don't give me that amiibo bull****, Sakurai has stated in an ACTUAL post that this space is for players names only. I'm fairly certain Nintendo wouldn't mess up something this important. The palutena leak wasn't true either, yes she is in the game but the model shown in the leak isn't the model she has in the game and was probably made by some really lucky nerd with basic photoshop skills.And did you ever stop to think that maybe the guy who made this might be from famitsu and had information early?
Counterpoints:
1. Wario's pupil is behind his nose, and is somewhat visible. Plus, a fake leaker probably wouldn't be that forgetful anyway.
2. Kirby's box gets extra bold lines because he is selected. Not a problem. Actually kind of strange a faker would notice and place that much detail in.
3. Don't know what you mean by wrong layering.
4. The names themselves could just have levels as placeholders that show where levels are during cpu battles as to not warrant an extra picture. This simulataneously allows players to be displayed.
5. Leaker from Famitsu? It's a possibility, but the significance of that has to be explored.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Real or fake, everybody knows they secretly want a dog that participates in the hunting of ducks. :troll:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Nobody wins until the next reveal, if the next character reveal is one of these characters then we'll know based on whether or not their art is the same as this leak.
or it could be a deconfirmation of one of those playables. Like pic of day showing bowser J /duck hunt as a AT or Dark Pit/Pitoo as costumes only.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
The amount of denial the fans are in over this leak is staggering... considering... certain things. You people are literally fabricating inconsistencies, and it's hilarious.

If this leak upsets you, I recommend you come to terms with that to avoid being let down again. The alternative being to live in denial and get let down when the official reveal sheds light on this leak.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i cant believe how there are still a few people who don't think this is real. it's literally over.

there is no disputing the leak showed a part of a level not yet seen until the famitsu article released today.
Those two screenshots are different. The Famitsu scan has a Pokéball in it. Leak doesn't depict it. And the two rooms look different anyway.

Mewter

Smash Master
Those two screenshots are different. The Famitsu scan has a Pokéball in it. Leak doesn't depict it. And the two rooms look different anyway.
They are the same room from different angles. The lack of Pokeball merely shows that one is during gameplay (also notice characters on screen) and the other is not.

Joshua Twilley

Smash Rookie
Besides, if there is a duck featured in DHD's character, it would be "Duck & Duck Hunt Dog" a la Rosalina & Luma and Pikmin & Olimar. It is missing an "& Duck" there ;(
I don't know why everyone says his name is duck hunt dog if you look at the screen shot it just says duck hunt.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Wasn't the Tomodachi level said to be randomized with the rooms? Don't quote me, I just thought it was.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
Counterpoints:
1. Wario's pupil is behind his nose, and is somewhat visible. Plus, a fake leaker probably wouldn't be that forgetful anyway.
2. Kirby's box gets extra bold lines because he is selected. Not a problem. Actually kind of strange a faker would notice and place that much detail in.
3. Don't know what you mean by wrong layering.
4. The names themselves could just have levels as placeholders that show where levels are during cpu battles as to not warrant an extra picture. Again, if it is a fake a knowledgeable leaker probably wouldn't make that mistake by accident.
5. Leaker from Famitsu? It's a possibility, but the significance of that has to be explored.
1. I checked over the wario picture again, and you may be right.
2. I wasn't talking about the roster picture, i was speaking of another supposedly leaked picture of bowser, bowser jr. (as much as i want him in this game, i still stand strong under this leak being fake), pikachu and kirby on the 3DS showing the bottom screen during a battle, and for some reason only one of kirby's lines is bolder than the others.
3. Several people have pointed out that the layering of the stage select stylus is wrong and looks like it is behind one of the buttons.
4. They weren't cup's. The cpu color has always been, and still are (thank you sakaurai), grey. The boxes that for some reason show levels have all the colors of a person-controlled player. (side note, the picture of bowser, bowser jr., pikachu, and kirby have the grey lines and show their levels, which would be acceptable because their cpu's, while bowser is player-controlled and has a name tag. This shows that the leaker is contradicting himself.)
5. I agree. Someone should try and get into contact with the leaker and see if he has connections to famitsu.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I mean, we only have 25 days left. Looks pretty convincing, but it does have it's flaws. (Shulk being photoshopped over Mac, Ganon, Wario, and G&W using SAME exact model as Brawl, and inconsistent lines) and it has it's pros (Duck Hunt Dog and Ness seem completely new) I'm pretty torn, but I'm leaning toward it being fake. But hey, Time will tell.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Wait wait. It's definitely fake. Pikachu's ears are not going over the lines. :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wasn't the Tomodachi level said to be randomized with the rooms? Don't quote me, I just thought it was.
Yeah it was. But what I mean by "the room looks different" is that it looks like the same room with differences. The randomisation is only in relation to switching up what particular rooms show up in the different spots, you don't get like, 5 different variations of the same one or anything.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
Go to Smash Central Official on Youtube to understand why this is a well done fake. One of the screenshots is a simple edit of an E3 screenshot.

That is a mockup image to compare the two screens, they just inserted the new image over the e3 one, it never showed the DS on the new picture

They don't exactly line up correctly anyways.

What do you mean it wasn't selected yet? It's overlapping the bottom screen. In what world does that happen?

I have yet to see an explanation for the lack of a break between the screens.

"a DVD that captures all pertinent content, including typical gameplay, missions, and cutscenes, along with the most extreme instances of content across all relevant categories. Pertinent content that is not playable (i.e., "locked out") but will exist in the game code on the final game disc must also be disclosed." -ESRB website (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp)

A member of the ESRB could have easily taken a picture of it with their phone.

The only counter argument would be why they sent the footage with a ESRB username.

I Also Falcon is missing the "ESRB" name that Bowser had.

One explanation that I have for that: they are playing locally, so it doesn't show the usernames. Not a very good explanation, But it's all I can think of.

This seems like ALOT of work for a fake leak. Considering how many different pictures are included.

It's not that I want this to be true, but some previously brought up counter arguments clearly contradict the "proof" against the leak.

I love your profile picture though, Music Light Club

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That is a mockup image to compare the two screens, they just inserted the new image over the e3 one, it never showed the DS on the new picture

They don't exactly line up correctly anyways.

"a DVD that captures all pertinent content, including typical gameplay, missions, and cutscenes, along with the most extreme instances of content across all relevant categories. Pertinent content that is not playable (i.e., "locked out") but will exist in the game code on the final game disc must also be disclosed." -ESRB website (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp)

A member of the ESRB could have easily taken a picture of it with their phone.

The only counter argument would be why they sent the footage with a ESRB username.

One explanation that I have for that: they are playing locally, so it doesn't show the usernames. Not a very good explanation, But it's all I can think of.

You guys need to do more research :happysheep:

I love your profile picture though, Music Light Club
The leaker could have EASILY used that e3 footage and turn it at a different angle after everything was added and changed.

Nothing is proven here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom