• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
You know? I was thinking, even if this leak is fake, this is probably the roster we're getting anyway. If this was confirmed fake, I'd still expect most of these characters and hardly anyone I personally want in the game to show up (Isaac, Lip, Bandana Dee, etc). At this point, getting used to this roster is my best bet, because if it is fake and I do get a character I wanted, I'll be super surprised. Low expectations are actually a good thing to have sometimes.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I'm sorry to rant- but I am SO tired of seeing the excuse "There's no way it's fake because nobody would take that much effort/jump through that many hoops/etc./etc. to make a convincing fake!"

Yes. Yes they will.
People do it all the time, and all the proof you need of that is this video:

A talented person actually went out of their way to construct an entire FAKE trailer for a Super Mario Galaxy DS- and at the time it fooled a lot of people.
You really think that a bunch of blurry camera photos with tiny renders are to too hard, or too much work for someone to fake compared to modelling an entire 3D trailer?

A lot of fakers will go out of their way to do something elaborate just because they LOVE seeing fan reaction and speculation.
Taking the stance that this whole Roster leak could be completely fake is not farfetched in the slightest.

Now I'm not saying that this is concrete proof that the leak is 100% fake. I'm currently on Team "Wait and see" and sitting about 50/50 here on it- but I just wanted to put my two cents out there because I'm tired of seeing the "No way, that would take too much effort!" Excuse being used as backup confirmation to the leak being real.
Yes! This exactly. Coincidentally, the guy who made the video you posted is the same go who made the NintendoOn video I keep sharing. I wish I could believe this 100% (I love this roster) but I can't doubt the chaotic power of creative people.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
If you truly believe this leak is fake, then do you believe a newly released and translated Famitsu magazine was given to the faker by a Japanese contact so that he could create an original photoshop of the stage in within a day? If so, then go on ahead and say it's fake.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm sorry to rant- but I am SO tired of seeing the excuse "There's no way it's fake because nobody would take that much effort/jump through that many hoops/etc./etc. to make a convincing fake!"

Yes. Yes they will.
People do it all the time, and all the proof you need of that is this video:

A talented person actually went out of their way to construct an entire FAKE trailer for a Super Mario Galaxy DS- and at the time it fooled a lot of people.
You really think that a bunch of blurry camera photos with tiny renders are to too hard, or too much work for someone to fake compared to modelling an entire 3D trailer?

A lot of fakers will go out of their way to do something elaborate just because they LOVE seeing fan reaction and speculation.
Taking the stance that this whole Roster leak could be completely fake is not farfetched in the slightest.

Now I'm not saying that this is concrete proof that the leak is 100% fake. I'm currently on Team "Wait and see" and sitting about 50/50 here on it- but I just wanted to put my two cents out there because I'm tired of seeing the "No way, that would take too much effort!" Excuse being used as backup confirmation to the leak being real.
Aww I Want Super Mario Galaxy DS To be Real Now :(

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Yeah I remember seeing that video a long time ago. And believe me, I know people are capable of making really professional looking leaks. But the internet is usually able to prove it fake in a few days. It hasn't happened with this leak so far, and we are not really getting anywhere either.
Well that probably has to do in part the fact that so much of the information about this leak is being twisted and skewed by multiple sources- you have several different leakers all claiming different things, people claiming they tampered with pictures, Mods talking about inside sources, etc, -it makes it hard to get a grasp on the true situation.

That and I know if I was trying to make an elaborate leak, I would do my research as to have it be a seamless as possible- i mean, it's not as fun when the internet debunks it in only a few hours, right?
I know I would definitely start by creating my own renders or at least heavily photoshopping others to make the original sources impossible to tell.

Who really knows though. If it is all a hoax- the leaker/s definitely did their homework and covered their tracks well.
-all we can really do at this point is wait for something official from Sakurai to Confirm/Disprove it at this point it seems.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
If you truly believe this leak is fake, then do you believe a newly released and translated Famitsu magazine was given to the faker by a Japanese contact so that he could create an original photoshop of the stage in within a day? If so, then go on ahead and say it's fake.
It's more believable than the CSS.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Hey guys If this is Real What will Bowser.Jr Dark Pit Doctor Mario DHD have as there Final Smash's? I Think Dark Pit will get the Lighting Chariot DHD....The NES Zapper? :p Doc Is what I'm absolutely clueless on I Mean what could they do?

EDIT :
Well that probably has to do in part the fact that so much of the information about this leak is being twisted and skewed by multiple sources- you have several different leakers all claiming different things, people claiming they tampered with pictures, Mods talking about inside sources, etc, -it makes it hard to get a grasp on the true situation.
That and I know if I was trying to make an elaborate leak, I would do my research as to have it be a seamless as possible- i mean, it's not as fun when the internet debunks it in only a few hours, right?
I know I would definitely start by creating my own renders or at least heavily photoshopping others to make the original sources impossible to tell.
Who really knows though. If it is all a hoax- the leaker/s definitely did their homework and covered their tracks well.
-all we can really do at this point is wait for something official from Sakurai to Confirm/Disprove it at this point it seems.
I Would Never Include Characters like Doctor Mario Or The Dog from Duck Hunt if I were to make an elaborate Leak honestly :p

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
It's more believable than the CSS.
Why on earth would that be? Because it doesn't go with Sakurai's "style" even though it looks almost the same as the E3 build?

Hey guys If this is Real What will Bowser.Jr Dark Pit Doctor Mario DHD have as there Final Smash's? I Think Dark Pit will get the Lighting Chariot DHD....The NES Zapper? :p Doc Is what I'm absolutely clueless on I Mean what could they do?

EDIT :

I Would Never Include Characters like Doctor Mario Or The Dog from Duck Hunt if I were to make an elaborate Leak honestly :p
wE mEET aGAIN cAPTAIN cAPITAL

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Well, could it be possible that the Famitsu didn't necessarily have to have been translated and given to the leaker?
This is purely hypothetical, but what if the leaker could have just had a Japanese friend/someone who had access to Famitsu, who just informed the leaker about the room in the Tomodachi life stage- to which then the leaker could have quickly whipped up a screenshot of that room to make the leak seem more credible.
I can't remember where I saw this information, but apparently the angle of the room on the leaked Stage Select screen is the same angle that rooms are seen from outside in the Tomodachi Life game itself. I can't verify this because I don't have the game, but if that's true- couldn't the leaker have just taken a screencap from Tomodachi Life itself and edited into the stage select?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
It's been how many days now, three, four? Yeah, it's feeling pretty legit at this point. And despite not having any new DK reps, I'm pleased about the Duck Hunt dog, very very holy crap extremely pleased about it, in fact.

The only character I don't quite understand is Bowser Jr., at least Dark Pit and Dr. Mario have the excuse of being easy clones.

As for stages, what's the consensus on the pink fluffy one?

Last edited:

EDIT :

Dr Mario could summon the viruses to flood the stage. *Shrugs* Not sure really.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
If you were going to make an elaborate leak, you would probably be paying attention to the active leaks, and would base it off the seeming most credible one, which was the Ninka/Vaanrose leak (thus you would put on the Doc and Dog).

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Well, could it be possible that the Famitsu didn't necessarily have to have been translated and given to the leaker?
This is purely hypothetical, but what if the leaker could have just had a Japanese friend/someone who had access to Famitsu, who just informed the leaker about the room in the Tomodachi life stage- to which then the leaker could have quickly whipped up a screenshot of that room to make the leak seem more credible.
I can't remember where I saw this information, but apparently the angle of the room on the leaked Stage Select screen is the same angle that rooms are seen from outside in the Tomodachi Life game itself. I can't verify this because I don't have the game, but if that's true- couldn't the leaker have just taken a screencap from Tomodachi Life itself and edited into the stage select?
Why would he have had to? If he created the fake before anyone had seen that part of the Tomodachi Life stage, wouldn't he have just used a part of the stage that has already been seen?

Characters from a series go together. No exceptions.
When a roster is incomplete, things sometimes don't line up. However you'll notice Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are all grouped together, not because they're just placed randomly, but because they're clones.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Of course it's possible to be faked. The chances are incredibly low, but yes, it is possible. But I just can't bring myself to believe in some "conspiracy" involving multiple people in different countries. Do people really want this to be fake that badly?
Chances are that if it would be fake, that the final roster would be even worse. With like Chorus Men and Shulk being the only 2 remaining. Yeah, what a much better roster that would be...

Must I remind people that this leaked roster has 48 characters already, with possibly 5 more to fill out the screen. But even if not, 48 characters is a lot. And more than what most of us were expecting at first.

We already have 37 characters confirmed. And many who don't believe this probably think Lucas/Wolf/ICs come back. If all except 4 (which seems to be agreed on by most) of the vets came back, we'd be at 46 characters now. That's a lot. Not as much as many would wish for (myself included), but it would be realistical. Just look at what happened for Brawl. No one would've ever guessed we'd only get 35 (CSS images).

It's sad that some of the most wanted newcomers wouldn't be in, but wasn't that obvious anyway? What was the last game where everything happened that people wanted?

After Greninja and Charizard got revealed Mewtwos "chances" dropped. Well, not the chances, but it's just not as likely to appear together with Greninja and Lucario as very similar characters. As much as I hate it, but Jiggs chances are higher to return.

Ridley was teased as a stage hazard long ago. Maybe it's just Metaridley? It doesn't disconfirm him 100%, but it's likely he just won't make it in as a playable character which shouldn't surprise too many people. Would he really tease us that badly? Yes, he would - but Ridleys chances weren't that great from the beginning. Just look at his Brawl model - it's huge. It would be really weird to have such a small Ridley-baby in Smash4 (just my personal opinion, I know there was a bigger Bowser in Melee and we even have Giga Bowser).
Again, I'm not saying Ridley won't be in - I'd like him in the game myself - but his chances aren't that great and people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

To finish off the big 3 we have K. Rool left, but who really believed that much in him anyway. Yeah he has some references and the Kremlings, but that doesn't mean we get a playable K. Rool. After a while I immediately dismissed any leak that had these 3 in the roster, because it's really just fanboy dreams.

They still have a chance to appear obviously, I'm not saying they have no chance to be playable. Though some have higher chances than others, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. I'd rather be surprised than too disappointed.

I just really hope the 5 remaining roster spots are really 5 remaining characters that we're about to see. We'd have 53 characters, which is much more than what I'd have thought it to be. Even if almost every new character wasn't on my wishlist for Smash4 (I really only wanted Mewtwo back, K. Rool and Dixie... maybe some more Mario characters, but everyone else besides these 3 would just be a "bonus" and not really what I'd want).

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999

EDIT :

Doc: He might pull up a little Dr. Mario minigame and kill you with pills falling down a bottle
DHD: He might jump in the bushes and let the hunter shoot opponents
Dark Pit: Probably the Lightning Chariot
Bowser Jr.: So many possibilities, maybe call one of his many giant mechs from the Mario series to wreck everyone

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu Interrupts Mario and Bowser In Melee
In the starting roster, yes. It's fixed in the final roster, and there are very clear, simple reasons for the temporary distortion. No reasons exist for Yoshi, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina to jump all around the Smash 4 roster.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
It's been how many days now, three, four? Yeah, it's feeling pretty legit at this point. And despite not having any new DK reps, I'm pleased about the Duck Hunt dog, very very holy crap extremely pleased about it, in fact.

The only character I don't quite understand is Bowser Jr., at least Dark Pit and Dr. Mario have the excuse of being easy clones.

As for stages, what's the consensus on the pink fluffy one?
Its called Pink Fluffy Cloud Its From Earthbound :p

samsparta21

Smash Ace
In the starting roster, yes. It's fixed in the final roster, and there are very clear, simple reasons for the temporary distortion. No reasons exist for Yoshi, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina to jump all around the Smash 4 roster.
THE ROSTER IS INCOMPLETE. This is confirmed by either the leaker or Masterlinkx, can't remember which.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are clones, thus they are placed differently.

You'll see that in Melee, the clones (Dr. Mario, Falco, Pichu, Ganondorf, Young Link, and Roy) are all placed around the edges and are slid down somewhat. Notice something else? Yes, Ganondorf is separated from the Zelda crew! Because he's a clone.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
This is Not the Final Roster though The Leaker states he has not gotten every character in the game :p

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Why would he have had to? If he created the fake before anyone had seen that part of the Tomodachi Life stage, wouldn't he have just used a part of the stage that has already been seen?
Well if we take the Brinstar stage thing into account- it seems that this leak (if fake) was being worked on right up to the last moments before being released.

Like I said before, just like with Brinstar- the leaker could have purposely slipped in the Tomodachi Life stage that coincided with Famitsu (after receiving the info about the unseen room) to make the leak seem more credible at the last minute.

Of course this is purely speculation- but it's interesting to think about.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
In Melee clones like Pichu, Doc Mario, etc. are placed with their "original" icons (for example Doc Mario--Mario, Pichu--Pikachu)

As for Brawl the clones are located UNDER their "originals", like under Fox we can Falco and Wolf, and under Ness we can see Lucas, and many many more

The leaker also stated that his roaster is not complete (and some characters are going to be DLC characters i guess??) and I don't see any reasons why Lucina or Dark Pit are somewhere in the end of the roaster.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
THE ROSTER IS INCOMPLETE. This is confirmed by either the leaker or Masterlinkx, can't remember which.

You'll see that in Melee, the clones (Dr. Mario, Falco, Pichu, Ganondorf, Young Link, and Roy) are all placed around the edges. Notice something else? Yes, Ganondorf is separated from the Zelda crew! Because he's a CLONE.
As I have reiterated over and over again, there is no simple, plausible method by which a sensible final roster could be distorted into the CSS we've seen. There is no reason why not yet unlocking the Chorus Kids would cause Lucina to end up half the screen away from Marth, Ike, or Robin, or any reason why Yoshi would end up in the middle of the Mario characters. It just wouldn't happen.

Ganondorf is not separated from the Zelda characters. He is not on the same line with them, but he is adjacent to Young Link. You may also notice that on the proposed CSS, Falco, Toon Link, and Ganondorf are all with their series like any other character. They are not given any special treatment for being clones, yet Dr. Mario is.

The Melee roster makes perfect sense when you think about it. Five ? boxes indicate the five non-clone secret characters: Luigi, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Marth, and G&W. Pikachu starts out in Luigi's spot because Luigi's spot is in the 2x7 rectangle of starting characters while Pikachu's is not. The six clones take "bonus" spaces off the main roster, because they're extra characters. And they end up next to the character they were cloned from because it's especially suitable. Meanwhile, that forces Ganondorf off the Zelda line, but he still connects to them.

Brawl, due to using the scrolling system and just not caring about how the roster looked midway, had a far simpler system without any complications. By all indications, Smash 4 works the same way. Although the characters shift around, they stay in order. There is no reason why that order would change, and there is no reason why, for the first time ever, a few clones would be completely cut off from their series.

Tacel

Smash Lord
The most suspicious part of the Tomodachi Life evidence is that it came out almost instantly after the leak. If it came out today, I'm not sure many people would be debating this. But it didn't, so there's lots of room for speculation. And that speculation is worth having, especially since it's the main supporting factor for the leak being real.
You'll see that in Melee, the clones (Dr. Mario, Falco, Pichu, Ganondorf, Young Link, and Roy) are all placed around the edges and are slid down somewhat. Notice something else? Yes, Ganondorf is separated from the Zelda crew! Because he's a clone.
All of the clones are adjacent to their series, including Ganondorf. The same can't be said for the leak.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Maybe it's not the full roster, and Lucina, Pitto, and Dr Mario will end up by their respective series again when it is indeed the full roster?

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman

Yeah that is true. Although Ganondorf is still really close to the rest of the Zelda characters and is touching Young Link's slot. That doesn't mean anything though.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice

Look at this: the nearly-complete Brawl roster. Right off the bat, we can see problems. Bowser, Lucario, and Sonic are all separated from their associated characters. But we also see how it's gonna be fixed: a character right below Falco would push all three of them into position. No teleporting halfway across the screen, no staying isolated due to "clone" status, just sliding into place in an orderly fashion.

This is what a roster with distortions due to incompleteness looks like. The leaked CSS is not.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
This is Brawl all over again. People claim the leak was fake, because:

NO MEWTWO = FAKE
THERE'S NO WAY SAKURAI WOULD ADD ANOTHER STAR FOX CHARACTER
WTF IS A ROB

And then it turned out it was real, and everybody had mixed opinions.

D

Deleted member

Look at this: the nearly-complete Brawl roster. Right off the bat, we can see problems. Bowser, Lucario, and Sonic are all separated from their associated characters. But we also see how it's gonna be fixed: a character right below Falco would push all three of them into position. No teleporting halfway across the screen, no staying isolated due to "clone" status, just sliding into place in an orderly fashion.

This is what a roster with distortions due to incompleteness looks like. The leaked CSS is not.
do you mean in front of lucario?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

Yeah, but if that image was leaked pre-brawl people would be claiming that it wasn't possible because in Melee they were unlocked to specific spots. "They can't just... shift around like that! Sakurai wouldn't do that!" is what would be said. Things change as more characters become a part of this awesome series!

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Remember though, the CSS leak was at an angle causing the illusion of a squashed head, especially when compared to the full render which is a little more 'head-on'
They're both from an angle.
Which is exactly why this should be put to rest right now. It's a very highly unlikely scenario. And if someone really wanted to make a leak using Japanese based information to make it look more realistc? Oh, why not make it a leak of the Japanese game? Instead of an American based ESRB thing?

Too many hoops for the lion to jump through to be a likely scenario.
Whether this is real or fake, it still is an unlikely scenario and many unlikely events would have had to happen.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I'm pretty sure if everything is true about this leak, all the characters aren't unlocked, DLC, etc. they would have to compensate by putting the characters in this order, because it must be a ***** for Sakurai and the others to put a 50+ roster on a 3DS screen.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
do you mean in front of lucario?
"Below Falco" and "in front of Lucario" both describe the same spot, so you could put it that way.

Yeah, but if that image was leaked pre-brawl people would be claiming that it wasn't possible because in Melee they were unlocked to specific spots. "They can't just... shift around like that! Sakurai wouldn't do that!" is what would be said. Things change as more characters become a part of this awesome series!
As Brawl's release approached, people figured out the sliding system. In fact, right around Brawl's JP release, I remember people showing that exact roster (plus Jigglypuff) as proof that Wolf was in the last spot, rather than another character. I'd been hoping for Sigurd, but did any people buy into ridiculous theories about the whole FE series jumping into the SF spot, or him just being separated from them? Of course not.

All indications both from Smash 4 demos and from the leaked CSS indicate the sliding system is still in use, and it removes the need for anything more complicated.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I just realized, this leak has got everybody talking about the 3DS version more than any other time, ever.

D

Deleted member

"Below Falco" and "in front of Lucario" both describe the same spot, so you could put it that way.

As Brawl's release approached, people figured out the sliding system. In fact, right around Brawl's JP release, I remember people showing that exact roster (plus Jigglypuff) as proof that Wolf was in the last spot, rather than another character. I'd been hoping for Sigurd, but did any people buy into ridiculous theories about the whole FE series jumping into the SF spot, or him just being separated from them? Of course not.

All indications both from Smash 4 demos and from the leaked CSS indicate the sliding system is still in use, and it removes the need for anything more complicated.
oh wow, i read that as in front of falco. just ignore that

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

It's hardly comparable since Brawl's roster organizes franchises vertically unlike Smash 4 and Melee which organize franchises horizontally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom