• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Though we have no confirmation on the remaining characters because of no pictures/video/evidence other than going by the leaker's word.
He's been accurate about this until now, so what point is there in not believing him? His demeanor has also remained the same.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Jfc, all of this leak hype is lagging on this site. I won't lie I really like that Dr. Mario could be possibly back, I love the Doc. Hopefully he is at least somewhat different and has a Dr. Luigi alt.
I hope that Dr. Mario has a Dr. Luigi alt. That would be some next level trolling by Sakurai.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
If we seriously get Dr. Mario back over Roy I'm going to be pretty upset. Dr. Mario easily can be outfit swapped, and Roy could at least tried to be decloned a bit. Even more though, if Dr. Mario is in over Mewtwo, that'll be a stab to the heart.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The way I see it
Dixie: Clone of Diddy
Impa: Clone of Sheik
Ridley: Clone of Charizard
Mewtwo and Mach Rider are their own characters
I think you mean...

Dixie: OP version of Didy
Impa: OP version of Sheik
Ridley: Moveset from his moves in Brawl
Mewtwo: OP version of Lucario
Mach Rider: OP version of Wario

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
writing it like 'real' heavily implied that you still didn't believe it. That's at least how I read it. It made it seem sarcastic by putting extra emphasis on real.
Well, I didn't mean for it to imply that. In fact, I even now think the leak has a better chance of being real.
A waddle dee with a bandanna.
Please tell me you're joking. :laugh:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't mean we can't feel bad for the guy. As an aspiring game designer myself, I do think leaks are a completely toxic part of the industry, and this particular instance, a complete breaking of an oath of trust (the ESRB guy had one job - review the game footage to find an appropriate rating for Western audiences. Nothing more than that).

If this were a case of info coming from the Japanese release it'd be different, since that's to be expected and I'm sure Sakurai himself perfectly anticipates such a thing happening. But no developer should have to bend to the will of impatient fans like this, and should not have to worry about people spreading footage of an unfinished build and calling it official. Not to mention that what's being done here is outright illegal to begin with.
Agreed on that.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
I think you mean...

Dixie: OP version of Didy
Impa: OP version of Sheik
Ridley: Moveset from his moves in Brawl
Mewtwo: OP version of Lucario
Mach Rider: OP version of Wario
No please don't tell me mach rider will be clone ;(

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
The shulk and bowser jr. videos are real. Nintendo can't get that down if they don't own their rights

Tacel

Smash Lord
Hey so I don't want to get anything spoiled for me except one thing; Can somebody tell me if Ice Climbers are back?

Sorry in advance for interrupting the conversation.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Hey so I don't want to get anything spoiled for me except one thing; Can somebody tell me if Ice Climbers are back?

Sorry in advance for interrupting the conversation.
Nope, cut.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Agh I hope we hear about the supposed "other characters" soon, because not knowing if there's anyone else is really bothering me.
I'd be happy with the roster either way, but a lot of people are already acting like the other 5 are already confirmed.

R0Y

Smash Master
The shulk and bowser jr. videos are real. Nintendo can't get that down if they don't own their rights
I think the argument is that you can technically fake being NOA for a copyright claim. While true I don't think that's the case here.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If Mach Rider gets in, I hope he gets a Excite Biker color or alt. Because I played Excite Bike before and I never played Mach Rider.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Guys, I'm going to be dead honest. I was always indifferent about this leak and now I'm not sure how I feel. I can't celebrate or anything. This roster feels really lacking, and generally really displeasing.

Congratulations on everyone who got the characters they wanted, I'm glad I got Shulk.

But the fact that to get Shulk, I have to say goodbye to Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake? That's what really breaks my heart. If the rest of the characters ARE really Impa, Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, and Mach Rider, then this isn't the roster for me.

I'll play the game for what it is, but I will always hate the roster. I'm sorry, that's just MY personal opinion. I suppose I'd rather be disappointed now than later. But I'm at least glad everyone else has gotten their characters. GG Guys, gg.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
This is the first I've heard of this list, where can I find it?
Here.

Though we have no confirmation on the remaining characters because of no pictures/video/evidence other than going by the leaker's word.
Of course. I believe the CSS, but the five extra characters are still doubtful. It makes sense, though, as five more slots fit on the 3DS screen perfectly.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Am I the only one being cautious about all of this?
No. I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed. Even with 99% chance of being real things might change until release.

Anyone bothered by how Shulk keeps putting the Monado in his back?

Last edited:

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I'm going to be dead honest. I was always indifferent about this leak and now I'm not sure how I feel. I can't celebrate or anything. This roster feels really lacking, and generally really displeasing.

Congratulations on everyone who got the characters they wanted, I'm glad I got Shulk.

But the fact that to get Shulk, I have to say goodbye to Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake? That's what really breaks my heart. If the rest of the characters ARE really Impa, Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, and Mach Rider, then this isn't the roster for me.

I'll play the game for what it is, but I will always hate the roster. I'm sorry, that's just MY personal opinion. I suppose I'd rather be disappointed now than later. But I'm at least glad everyone else has gotten their characters. GG Guys, gg.
who did you want?

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Sure they can. Shulk and Bowser Jr. are their characters. They own the rights to them. It has nothing to do with Smash, and everything to do with the characters themselves.

While I'm 97% sure the videos are real, Nintendo taking them down does not add to their validity. If they're fake, they'd want them down for improperly representing their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom