• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144

This was just posted on 4chan, take it how you like it. The only thing is, this looks like the Wii U version and as far as I know, the Wii U version is still getting bug tested, this guy could be a bug tester, which I doubt, though.
I WANT TO BELIEVE

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Miss: :popo::lucas::squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee:
I played all of these characters. I prefer Lucas to Ness and I didn't like the way Charizard played at all. I loved Squirtle and Ivysaur, and I always choose Water and Grass types.

Having said that, I expected all of Pokemon Trainer to get cut or changed, so this wasn't a surprise.
Likewise, I braced myself for Lucas from the beginning.
Ice Climbers has me furious.
I liked Pichu, but I also knew he was never coming back.

Meh: :snake::wolf::mewtwomelee:
I liked/played Snake, but I saw it coming.
I didn't like how Wolf played, but he was more unique than Falco. I felt like he should've remained while Falco should've gotten cut.
I like Mewtwo, and I was mad he was cut from Melee to Brawl, but I realized he was kinda weird and I didn't play him that often.

Don't Care: :roymelee::linkmelee:
I didn't like/care about Roy.
Young Link became Toon Link, who I find vastly superior.

ALSO

I like Falcondorf, so I ain't even mad that he didn't get changed. But I think he should've gained a long-range move like an energy ball.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman

This was just posted on 4chan, take it how you like it. The only thing is, this looks like the Wii U version and as far as I know, the Wii U version is still getting bug tested, this guy could be a bug tester, which I doubt, though.
This is just a fan made picture, it's also on Smash Reddit.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Bowser Jr art is from the same piece of art that I used as inspiration for the sprite in my sig.

But seriously, thats like the best case scenario for me right now. The leak +Mewtwo, Ridley, Wolf, IC and Dixie Kong.

It couldn't be more perfect.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So the 4Chan roster leak that was right before Ninka leak been deconfirmed yet? Cause it seems likely, and if so I'm gonna make a quick trip to Miiverse about a purple space dragon.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why wouldn't he be? Most of the leak is basically real which means Dark Pit must be also. Plus there was a bottom screen pic of his picture.
And the tease at the end of... which trailer was this one? Mr. Game & Watch had the same thing in Pac-Man's trailer.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Then what is it?

Explain please?

Not sure if this is true because the source may not be reliable, but apparently he worked for Nintendo, and now he's fired and being sued.
A guy made that as how he thought the characters would be laid out on the wii u version, plus it's obvious since half the unconfirmed use old images.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Also, if this is real, iI hope the leaker doesn't have the FINAL version.
Why? Because we clearly have seen some design glitches in the pictures. But, I'm pretty sure the game is still in the debugging process, so I don't think the leaker has the FINAL version, just probably the almost final version.
It's possible it could be a prototype of some kind. But at this time the English version should already be finished, yes? They would be producing enough copies at this point and preparing for shipping. I'm probably a bit off as I don't know exactly how the whole copy and shipping process works.

Not sure if this is true because the source may not be reliable, but apparently he worked for Nintendo, and now he's fired and being sued.
Doesn't sound like the person the rant was about. It said he's the one that cost the employee his job. It also said he was underage. Everything seemed to be censored.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Doesn't Lucina Look Way too fast in the Video? at first I thought she was wearing bunny hood but nope So She seems like faster shorter and more balanced version of marth so There is not much point in playing Marth anymore Lucina Is Better :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How I feel about the supposed cut characters?

Feeling a bit Smug About but Trying to Suppress It:

:wolf:- My least favorite character in Brawl. After being told for 50 billion years by fans that Falco would totally be cut before Wolf, it's hard not to rub it in anyone's face.

Don't Care:

:ivysaur::squirtle:- I've been jaded against PT for the longest time because I feel like it was a character that was ruined by too many gimmicks. Considering it was technically four characters in one, they were too easy of characters to cut. Charizard being salvaged made the most sense because it was by far the most popular of the three.
:snake:- Never played a Metal Gear game before in my life so I have no attachment to the character.

Miss:

:lucas:- This just feels cruel, especially with Toon Link still being around and Fire Emblem now having four reps and Kid Icarus having three. I like Ness a lot more but it seemed really unnecessary to reduce representation for Mother.

Oh God, it Hurts; is This What it Feels Like to be Dying?

:popo:-

I could have dealt with just about anyone being cut but them. To me, they represent the best part of Smash: reviving obscure characters and possibly bringing new life to them. Seeing them potentially gone is downright painful.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Doesn't Lucina Look Way too fast in the Video? at first I thought she was wearing bunny hood but nope So She seems like faster shorter and more balanced version of marth so There is not much point in playing Marth anymore Lucina Is Better :p
It was Smash Run footage, so she was boosted.

D

Deleted member

And they might have made a Marth tipper stupid strong in this game to balance out his nerfs

Khao

Smash Lord
We don't really know that, we haven't properly seen Marth since the outdated E3 demo.

Either way, I'm hoping they have bigger differences than Sakurai seemed to imply when he first talked about her.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
It's possible it could be a prototype of some kind. But at this time the English version should already be finished, yes? They would be producing enough copies at this point and preparing for shipping. I'm probably a bit off as I don't know exactly how the whole copy and shipping process works.
the game has not gone gold yet, so its not in production at least not in for any region outside of japan since im not sure if it goes through the same process there

its a smash run match, the word smash at the top shows it so the characters are probably sped up from power up

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Smash Run stats.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Well since we're in a bit of a news lull I might as well post my thoughts on this leaked roster so far.

Something people need to also remember is that NOBODY "was chosen over" ANYBODY.

Duck Hunt Dog - Never really wanted him to be in but Duck Hunt was one of the first games I've ever played and the more I think about it the more I realize how cool of a character he can turn out to be. Good choice and happy to see him here.

Bowser Jr - As much as I like paintbrushes being used as weapons I honestly love the whole Tron/MODOK aspect from mahvel that they're implementing into this guy, gives him imho a lot more moveset potential than he could have had with the brush/wands or whatever he has. Surprising to so see him in but Jr>Rosa as a character so im happy.

Shulk - Never played Xenoblade but I looked up who this guy was and he seems pretty cool, plus my friend is super-stoked about having him here so im happy about that. The disjoint range on some of his moves in tandem with the possibility that neutral B boosts your offenses worry me a LOT though, especially if this metagame develops similarly to how Brawl's did. Can turn out to be a campy character but gonna wait until the game actually comes out before i make my full decision on that part.

Dark Pit - Don't care what anyone says for this one, I love dark pit as a character in Uprising and that game is probably my favorite 3DS game of all time.(and I've played/own a lot) I was hoping he would get into Smash and so he did, so I'm happy. I will admit though I'm a bit disappointed he is a clone character due to the sheer moveset potential he had, but oh well i guess.

Dr. Mario - One of my most wanted characters that I never really told anyone about as I was positive he wouldn't make it in, I almost pissed my pants when I saw that render and his picture on the CSS. Doc is my main character in Melee along with Fox and Luigi, I loved his design ever since the first Dr Mario game and always preferred his variation on Mario's moves. I hope to GOD we see his super-powerful Fair back, and his old Down B/Dair returning, if that happens Doc is DEFINITELY reprising his role as my absolute main character. Go ahead and hate me on that. :colorful:

My most wanted newcomers/melee vets for Smash 4 were the following:
1. Pac Man
2. Mewtwo
3. Dr. Mario
4. Dixie Kong/K. Rool
5. Megaman/Little Mac
6. Ridley (only because everyone else wants him and I would love to see everyone be excited that hes in, i tbh dont care for him)
7. Dark Pit
8. Hades (Kid Icarus)
9. Chrom
10. Greninja

So that considered I'm pretty glad personally with what we got. Shame to see the ICs go as they were one of my favorite characters across all games and my main character with G&W in Brawl, but the potential of seeing Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie MORE than makes up for it. Props to Sakurai and the dev team for crafting what is almost my dream roster.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Cutting snake, lucas, ice climbers, and wolf not to mention ivysaur and squirtle. I mean cutting wolf was a bad move but some of the newcomers are laughable. Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Lucina and Dark Pit are bad choices. Returning Dr. Mario instead of Roy or Mewtwo was also a bad move. Not to mention leaving out highly requested characters like King K. Rool, Isaac, Krystal, Black Shadow and Sukapon. Its all so very disappointing.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
How I feel about the supposed cut characters?

Feeling a bit Smug About but Trying to Suppress It:

:wolf:- My least favorite character in Brawl. After being told for 50 billion years by fans that Falco would totally be cut before Wolf, it's hard not to rub it in anyone's face.

Don't Care:

:ivysaur::squirtle:- I've been jaded against PT for the longest time because I feel like it was a character that was ruined by too many gimmicks. Considering it was technically four characters in one, they were too easy of characters to cut. Charizard being salvaged made the most sense because it was by far the most popular of the three.
:snake:- Never played a Metal Gear game before in my life so I have no attachment to the character.

Miss:

:lucas:- This just feels cruel, especially with Toon Link still being around and Fire Emblem now having four reps and Kid Icarus having three. I like Ness a lot more but it seemed really unnecessary to reduce representation for Mother.

Oh God, it Hurts; is This What it Feels Like to be Dying?

:popo:-

I could have dealt with just about anyone being cut but them. To me, they represent the best part of Smash: reviving obscure characters and possibly bringing new life to them. Seeing them potentially gone is downright painful.
Finally! Someone else who doesn't care about Wolf. I actually agree with your list (except I'm not quite as sad as you are about IC). I think the cuts are worth it considering the roster we're gettingn. I'm just going to miss those cute little faces...

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Cutting snake, lucas, ice climbers, and wolf not to mention ivysaur and squirtle. I mean cutting wolf was a bad move but some of the newcomers are laughable. Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Lucina and Dark Pit are bad choices. Returning Dr. Mario instead of Roy or Mewtwo was also a bad move. Not to mention leaving out highly requested characters like King K. Rool, Isaac, Krystal, Black Shadow and Sukapon. Its all so very disappointing.
Um, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Lucina, and Dark Pit were all asked for, so they weren't bad choices.
Also, the whole roster hasn't been revealed yet, and the leaker said he hasn't unlocked everyone.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master

Fake but great roster all the same. Would be great if this ended up being the final roster.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
You know I was kind of upset when I found out ice climbers were cut, then I remembered I never played as them and actually always hated playing against them so I'm kind of glad they're gone.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Um, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Lucina, and Dark Pit were all asked for, so they weren't bad choices.
Also, the whole roster hasn't been revealed yet, and the leaker said he hasn't unlocked everyone.
People also asked for Shreck, Cory Baxter, and Reggie

So by your logic they all are good choices

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hmm... I have this theory.

Sakurai once stated that the 3DS and the Wii U version will have the same amount of characters. So what we see on the leak is the characters, and with the 5 DLC characters suposedly coming it will fill up the empty spaces.

But what if these characters also was on Wii U. (Not speaking of the DLC yet) but the same amount of characters, so that it would have the "Same amount of characters" but thanks to the DLC and the Wii U's capacity it will include more DLC characters/content. What do you guys think?

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
As someone who thinks Dark Pit is nothing more than a playable monument to Sakurai Bias (and perhaps also the greatest waste of a newcomer slot [if you believe in "slot" logic]) I am intensely curious as to what you see in the character. Or perhaps more specifically: what warrants him getting a whole character slot instead of being an alternate costume?

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I have this theory.

Sakurai once stated that the 3DS and the Wii U version will have the same amount of characters. So what we see on the leak is the characters, and with the 5 DLC characters suposedly coming it will fill up the empty spaces.

But what if these characters also was on Wii U. (Not speaking of the DLC yet) but the same amount of characters, so that it would have the "Same amount of characters" but thanks to the DLC and the Wii U's capacity it will include more DLC characters/content. What do you guys think?
Certainly sounds plausible, but i can't really imagine Nintendo doing that sort of thing. Let's hope so anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom