• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
Cutting snake, lucas, ice climbers, and wolf not to mention ivysaur and squirtle. I mean cutting wolf was a bad move but some of the newcomers are laughable. Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Lucina and Dark Pit are bad choices. Returning Dr. Mario instead of Roy or Mewtwo was also a bad move. Not to mention leaving out highly requested characters like King K. Rool, Isaac, Krystal, Black Shadow and Sukapon. Its all so very disappointing.
why? i did not expected any of them, but i think they are pretty interesting picks.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
As someone who thinks Dark Pit is nothing more than a playable monument to Sakurai Bias (and perhaps also the greatest waste of a newcomer slot [if you believe in "slot" logic]) I am intensely curious as to what you see in the character. Or perhaps more specifically: what warrants him getting a whole character slot instead of being an alternate costume?
Um, I didn't even want Dark Pit. I was just saying that he was asked for, so that doesn't make him a bad choice.

I know this is off topic but holy poopy, Link, Villager, Isabelle, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Dry Bowser just got leaked for Mario Kart 8 DLC along with F-Zero karts and new tracks including F-Zero tracks!

FREAKING LINK IS GOING TO BE IN MARIO KART!!!

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Hmm... I have this theory.

Sakurai once stated that the 3DS and the Wii U version will have the same amount of characters. So what we see on the leak is the characters, and with the 5 DLC characters suposedly coming it will fill up the empty spaces.

But what if these characters also was on Wii U. (Not speaking of the DLC yet) but the same amount of characters, so that it would have the "Same amount of characters" but thanks to the DLC and the Wii U's capacity it will include more DLC characters/content. What do you guys think?

During E3 one of the Treehouse guys stated that there were "identical rosters." I posted the video a few pages back, I'm on mobile now so I can't repost it. It's the second smash 3ds e3 video, around 1:02.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I know this is off topic but holy poopy, Link, Villager, Isabelle, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Dry Bowser just got leaked for Mario Kart 8 DLC along with F-Zero karts and new tracks including F-Zero tracks!

On topic, I think this raises Smash's chances of getting DLC!

Edit: Sorry for the double post :(

Last edited:

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663

Link + Bike = My poor wallet will hate me this year

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
As someone who thinks Dark Pit is nothing more than a playable monument to Sakurai Bias (and perhaps also the greatest waste of a newcomer slot [if you believe in "slot" logic]) I am intensely curious as to what you see in the character. Or perhaps more specifically: what warrants him getting a whole character slot instead of being an alternate costume?
Ease of development. Think about it: All the devs have to do is change his color scheme and boom! New character. Another reason is that since Sakurai was involved with Kid Icarus: Uprising, he already has a blueprint of what Pit and Pittoo can do. Uprising also has a ton of weapons so Pit can take one half along with his "iconic" bow, while Pittoo takes the other half. Pittoo is, for whatever reason, associated with the Staff weapons in Uprising, so there you go, two birds with one stone.

But there's one thing I don't get: Sakurai Bias. Kid Icarus wasn't made by Sakurai; the third game, Uprising, was. Sakurai made Kirby. So far, Super Smash Bros. has four of Sakurai's creations as playable characters: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Dark Pit. Pit and Palutena already existed before Sakurai decided they should be in. Also, from the first game, they were the main characters of Kid Icarus - Medusa was the main villain in the first game. Pittoo is just a creation from Uprising and there are other characters in Uprising people could have asked for like Viridi, Hades, Pyrrhon, Phosphora - she's an Assist Trophy -, or Magnus.

If you want bias, then all the characters are biased since Sakurai chose them. Snake isn't since Kojima begged for Snake's appearance. Wolf is apparently Sakurai's favorite character.

Last edited:

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Um, I didn't even want Dark Pit. I was just saying that he was asked for, so that doesn't make him a bad choice.
I'm sorry, I typed my last reply before you edited your post. At the time, you said that Dark Pit was among one of the characters on your wish list.
But that aside, KingIceSonic put it perfectly: just because a few people requested a character, doesn't make that character a good choice. If you want to talk about requested characters making it in, we should be seeing K.Rool or Ridley. But as it stands, Dark Pit was selected only because Sakurai felt like his series should have a 3rd rep.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman

I was wondering if Nintendo was going to add some non Mario characters to Mario Kart 8 so that some of the Smash 4 Amiibos would work in more then one game. Guess they are doing that.

micstar615

Smash Ace

WOW THAT LOOKS GREAT! I'm so stoked, this means that smash will likely get DLC too!

Cat Suit Peach and Tanooki Suit Mario though...

Wraeith

Smash Cadet

Still no King Boo? **** me.

Though this is somewhat relevant to the topic, as it can be used as evidence that Nintendo is very open to paid content updates. Interested to see how it affects Smash, hopefully not segregating the community too severly.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm sorry, I typed my last reply before you edited your post. At the time, you said that Dark Pit was among one of the characters on your wish list.
But that aside, KingIceSonic put it perfectly: just because a few people requested a character, doesn't make that character a good choice. If you want to talk about requested characters making it in, we should be seeing K.Rool or Ridley. But as it stands, Dark Pit was selected only because Sakurai felt like his series should have a 3rd rep.
1. I don't even remember me saying he was one my wanted characters.
2. But it doesn't make them a bad choice either. That's just an opinion.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I wonder if Link is going to get an Epona, Loftwing, or King of the Red Lions themed vehicles like Yoshi's Yoshi bike? Also, he kind of looks derpy for some reason.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

...well this explains the Amiibo's function perfectly...
Wouldn't y'all say?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

At first I thought you were lying. I can't believe it...

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I don't know if this is answered or not. But since it's soon 200 pages I can't look throught them all for this. But I read somewhere that its stated that Alph is an alt costume for Olimar. But I can't see no evidence of it. Where is the source? Only written or actually footage of it?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

I love the choices, but WHERE IS KIRBY?!

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman

SMASH BROS 4 DLC LEAKED!!!!!

Metal Mario
Tanookie Mario

Baby Mario
Cat Peach
Pink Gold Peach
Baby Peach
Fire Mario
Fire Peach
Dry bowser
Rifley

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Mario Kart 9 is going to be Nintendo themed, mark my words.
It is pretty obvious to do that.

I mean they have just **** tons of IPs so why not use them for the "Party" games now?

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a Nintendo Party, a Nintendo Kart, or Nintendo Sports Games. With the full IPs and not just the Mario roster.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Ease of development. Think about it: All the devs have to do is change his color scheme and boom! New character. Another reason is that since Sakurai was involved with Kid Icarus: Uprising, he already has a blueprint of what Pit and Pittoo can do. Uprising also has a ton of weapons so Pit can take one half along with his "iconic" bow, while Pittoo takes the other half. Pittoo is for whatever reason, associated with the Staff weapons in Uprising, so there you go, two birds with one stone.

But there's one thing I don't get: Sakurai Bias. Kid Icarus wasn't made by Sakurai; the third game, Uprising, was. Sakurai made Kirby. So far, Super Smash Bros. has four of Sakurai's creations as playable characters: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Dark Pit. Pit and Palutena already existed before Sakurai decided they should be in. Also, from the first game, they were the main characters of Kid Icarus - Medusa was the main villain in the first game. Pittoo is just a creation from Uprising and there are other characters in Uprising people could have asked for like Viridi, Hades, Pyrrhon, Phosphora - she's an Assist Trophy -, or Magnus.

If you want bias, then all the characters are biased since Sakurai chose them. Snake isn't since Kojima begged for Snake's appearance. Wolf is apparently Sakurai's favorite character.
The bias is in the fact that a relatively insignificant franchise (yes, even with Uprising's recent release) has 3 reps. I did not know that Sakurai had nothing to do with the original Kid Icarus for the NES (my bad), but even considering that, it is still apparent that Sakurai holds some personal feelings of pride or attachment to the series because he helped revive it, as evidenced by the formerly mentioned 3 reps making the cut.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman

I don't get why it's so hard to just put Captain Falcon along side with this DLC. What's a Blue Falcon without Captain Falcon.

D

Deleted member

It is pretty obvious to do that.

I mean they have just **** tons of IPs so why not use them for the "Party" games now?

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a Nintendo Party, a Nintendo Kart, or Nintendo Sports Games. With the full IPs and not just the Mario roster.
Give me a new strikers and a full hockey based game with nintendo characters and I will be happy for a long time.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Alright, I now have to eat my own words. I have never been a fan of paid DLC, but I should've had more faith in Nintendo. They really have encapsulated the spirit of "extra" content that deserves being paid for separately if this DLC for Mario Kart 8 is any indicator, and I'll be buying it. If they package characters/stages together as an "expansion pack" for Smash, I'll also be all over it and happily so.

Thomas Was Everywhere

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicrox2009
So is everyone not going to buy smash bros because of the dissapointing roster? It kinda comes off that way, that's why I'm asking

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The bias is in the fact that a relatively insignificant franchise (yes, even with Uprising's recent release) has 3 reps. I did not know that Sakurai had nothing to do with the original Kid Icarus for the NES (my bad), but even considering that, it is still apparent that Sakurai holds some personal feelings of pride or attachment to the series because he helped revive it, as evidenced by the formerly mentioned 3 reps making the cut.
Pit was just another Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Roy, and Ness. Another retro and/or obscure character who gained popularity and caused a revival of his franchise. Palutena makes sense since she's an important character in the Kid Icarus series so I won't argue that. Pittoo I can understand why people would be a little annoyed since he's just there, he's Pit's edgy, dark side, and he's Sakurai's creation.

Also, wouldn't you hold pride and attachment to something you've created? There's a reason why Kojima killed off Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and wants to end Big Boss's story by himself. Hell, people theorized that Kojima wanted to kill off Metal Gear since Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Just saying, is all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So is everyone not going to buy smash bros because of the dissapointing roster? It kinda comes off that way, that's why I'm asking
I'm gonna buy it, smash is smash. With roster cuts or not, the gameplay is still gonna be fun and last me this gen

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Please, I'm still defiantly gonna buying the game. I already got Megaman, Little Mac, and Robin which are my mains. Sure I might not have all the characters I want, but good enough.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I would not say "everyone," by any means. A few select people whose favorite was cut (seems to be mostly Wolf fans, as far as this group goes) are being a bit shortsighted and are claiming that they are not going to buy the game. Most of them, I'm sure, will probably end up going back on their word. A very, very healthy majority of people aren't letting the leaked roster affect their planned purchases, though. Besides, we still have a potential 3-5 characters left to see, so we still need more information!

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729

Wow, Isabelle got some money.

I hope this means we'll be seeing more crossovers besides Smash. FE X SMT also corroborates this.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

Wow. Smash DLC is looking more and more likely.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Hmm... I have this theory.

Sakurai once stated that the 3DS and the Wii U version will have the same amount of characters. So what we see on the leak is the characters, and with the 5 DLC characters suposedly coming it will fill up the empty spaces.

But what if these characters also was on Wii U. (Not speaking of the DLC yet) but the same amount of characters, so that it would have the "Same amount of characters" but thanks to the DLC and the Wii U's capacity it will include more DLC characters/content. What do you guys think?
I think I could see them putting the cut veterans plus 1 or 2 newcomers as dlc.

Even if the dlc list is fake, I can actually see the real dlc list being similar but with 1 or 2 newcomers.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nah, people will relax eventually.

Technically speaking, every roster could be considered 'disappointing' to some. It's impossible to please everyone. Especially in a game where so many characters are possible additions to the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom