• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
im pretty sure im just repeating everyone at this point but probably the most credible characters are bowser jr. shulk and ganondorf, with DHD being least credible

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
You know, I'm not sure if this is still 100% real, or just has a 99% chance of being real.
Today's POTD is similar to one of the pictures from the leak, which kinda makes me think it's 100% real.
But at the same time I feel only a character or stage reveal can determine if it's 100% real or not, plus there still are some problems with some of the picture leaks.

D

Deleted member

im pretty sure im just repeating everyone at this point but probably the most credible characters are bowser jr. shulk and ganondorf, with DHD being least credible
In what way is Duck Hunt Dog less credible than the other characters in the CSS leak with no footage, such as Dark Pit, or Dr. Mario? The other 3 are obviously the most credible though. There is actual leaked footage of them.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
In what way is Duck Hunt Dog less credible than the other characters in the CSS leak with no footage, such as Dark Pit, or Dr. Mario? The other 3 are obviously the most credible though. There is actual leaked footage of them.
Dark Pit is semi-confirmed by Palutena's trailer, and Dr. Mario is highly likely to be a costume that just got slightly upgraded like Lucina. The Duck Hunt Dog is the only one we basically had NO HINT of beforehand (Other than Sakurai likes one WTF secret character per game).

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
bc i dont think dhd appears in any of those photos on imgr or wqhatever, those 37 photos. still probably likely though.
unless im wrong and i overlooked him, were those photos MFL? i dont think they were

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Dark Pit is semi-confirmed by Palutena's trailer, and Dr. Mario is highly likely to be a costume that just got slightly upgraded like Lucina. The Duck Hunt Dog is the only one we basically had NO HINT of beforehand (Other than Sakurai likes one WTF secret character per game).
this too is also a good arguement. DHD is supposedly the surprise retro though, so it can be understood to why DHD has not been hinted at whatsoever

D

Deleted member

bc i dont think dhd appears in any of those photos on imgr or wqhatever, those 37 photos. still probably likely though.
unless im wrong and i overlooked him, were those photos MFL? i dont think they were
Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario don't have any in-game screens as of yet. All 3 of them have larger pictures of their renders though.

If you are specifically referring to the imgur gallery though, the only character of those 3 who appears there is Dark Pit.

That makes sense I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
this too is also a good arguement. DHD is supposedly the surprise retro though, so it can be understood to why DHD has not been hinted at whatsoever
Exactly. Melee had Mr. Game and Watch, Brawl had R.O.B., and SSB4 has Duck Hunt.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
In my experience, Golden Plains had no invincibility; you got a very weak power-up for getting 100 coins, and the gimmick wasn't really strong at all. Honestly if people could accept walk-off stages, I'd say Golden Plains was a great legality candidate, but I don't think that's terribly likely to happen.
From some gameplays I saw, I got the idea that you had invincibility, or at least the same effect of having the Metal Cap on, I can be wrong tough.

Still, the stage still have a different mechanic from other mario stages, even if it is not so strong.

When you say legality you mean for competitive means? If so, I can't give my opinion about that because I don't know what elements turn a stage legal or not.

We still have the odd choice of 2 walk-off stages being both of the mario series.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I think the Ice Climbers and Pit should count for Melee and Brawl, respectively
Both fair points too. I guess Little Mac for this generation, and Mach Rider if he's proven true too.

Last edited:

ikian

Smash Rookie
woow cant belive that duck hunt but well haha
the hype is real!! xD
btw, love the new main theme choir version arrangement :p

pickle962

Smash Lord
So I've been in contact with one of the leakers (not the guy who got busted by Nintendo) and he told me that Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog were added to the initial CSS picture to throw off everyone. In other words, they are NOT part of the final roster. DHD is either an assist trophy or just a trophy (the leaker told me he didn't know which it was just yet) and Dr Mario is really just a costume alt for Mario ala Project M. Just thought I would share that with you all. Sadly, I don't have any photos as the Big N is cracking down on leakers it would appear and we all saw what happened to that one guy yesterday, so you will just have to take my word for this, but do know what the leaker said was true. :)

Last edited:

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
So I've been in contact with one of the leakers (not the guy who got busted by Nintendo) and he told me that Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog were added to the initial CSS picture to throw off everyone. In other words, they are NOT part of the final roster. Just thought I would share that with you all. Sadly, I don't have any photos as the Big N is cracking down on leakers it would appear and we all saw what happened to that one guy yesterday, so you will just have to take my word for this, but do know what the leaker said was true. :)
If that's true, I wouldn't mind that much. Dr. Mario maybe more than DHD, 'cause Dr. Mario had the potential to be a better Mario. Oh well, waiting for screens before believing anything....

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So I've been in contact with one of the leakers (not the guy who got busted by Nintendo) and he told me that Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog were added to the initial CSS picture to throw off everyone. In other words, they are NOT part of the final roster. Just thought I would share that with you all. Sadly, I don't have any photos as the Big N is cracking down on leakers it would appear and we all saw what happened to that one guy yesterday, so you will just have to take my word for this, but do know what the leaker said was true. :)
Man, I was getting excited for them. :c
Oh, well, that means room for more!

So I've been in contact with one of the leakers (not the guy who got busted by Nintendo) and he told me that Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog were added to the initial CSS picture to throw off everyone. In other words, they are NOT part of the final roster. DHD is either an assist trophy or just a trophy (the leaker told me he didn't know which it was just yet) and Dr Mario is really just a costume alt for Mario ala Project M. Just thought I would share that with you all. Sadly, I don't have any photos as the Big N is cracking down on leakers it would appear and we all saw what happened to that one guy yesterday, so you will just have to take my word for this, but do know what the leaker said was true. :)
I will be severely upset if DHD is not in. Unless your contact can prove this information I'm gonna believe the leak that had gameplay footage.

Man, I was getting excited for them. :c
Oh, well, that means room for more!
You're seriously believing him that easily?

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
This isn't just something we can take someone's word for with no evidence. The DHD and Dr. Mario art looks real anyways.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Indeed it does. It is getting harder and harder for people to say this leak is false.
Gah, you're so right. The skeptic in me doesn't want to form emotional attachments to the roster yet just in case it's false (I never caved into Gematsu), but between the Omega symbol, today's Challenges, and now this N's Castle thing, my willpower is faltering. I'm practically convinced on Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Dark Pit since all of them were visible in that image dump, but the others are massively likely at this point.

To be honest, with Dark Pit being a character (someone that I wanted badly but never thought to dream of) and my Fire Emblem reps already locked in, the only character that I'm really pulling for is Dixie Kong to be hidden. It's not for me- I'm not a DK fan. But there are a bunch of DK fans who want/deserve another rep and I think that she's completely appropriate.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
i am personally pretty sure that the leak is not the full roster however im pretty sure there will be dlc similar to mario kart 8 for sm4sh so im fine with the current roster
Okay, let us clear something up. Adding a character to smash bros is not adding a character, nor a course, to Mario Kart.
Adding a course or a character to Mario Kart affects very little, it is a standalone event, which does not need to be programmed in tandem with anything else- meaning, it can be extremely easy or difficult, it does not need to play off of anything else. Balance is no issue as long as it plays well, or controls well, and is fun.

This is not so for Smash bros. Adding a character to Smash is much more complicated- for many reasons. The fist principle is that they actually... do things, unlike in Mario Kart, where they are essentially a face, in smash, you control them, in so many aspects, they have real life to them, not just as an image with weight properties. Yet, this is not the hard part.

Sakurai has stated before that adding characters to Smash is in fact, character multiplication. Not addition. Why is this so? If we have 50 characters, and add one more, is that not addition?
The answer, is no. All characters need to be balanced versus each other, o when you add one more character, you need to play it against each of the other characters. It is not simply adding it into the 50, it is playing it against each of the other 50 characters.

VISUAL: If we just have three characters, Mario, Link, and Pikachu, there are only a few matches of 1v1 to worry about. Mario-Mario, Mario-Link, Mario-Pikachu, Link-Link, Link-Pikachu, and Pikachu-Pikachu. If you add in ONE character, Kirby, you get four more options. Kirby-Kirby, Kirby-Mario, Kirby-Link, Kirby-Pikachu. Then, add in Samus, and you get Samus-Samus, Samus-Mario, Samus-Link, Samus-Pikachu, Samus-Kirby. This is without factoring in 3 or 4 player matches at all! It is actually a very strenuous process, and why a 4-player fighting game of such freedom is so hard to balance.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Riiiight. :p

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

Uh huh... Surreeee.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You sure he isn't trying to throw YOU off? :p With the rumors of NoA firing that employee and that 4chan post literally destroying the Mf'n Leaker, it seems like a lot of leakers are trying to throw people off.

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
Of course there's a chance he's lying, but it does sound true. Dr. Mario returning and Duck Hunt coming kinda sounded like a stretch anyway.
And Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. weren't stretches?

I'm personally not buying this guy. Anyone can make a fake leak on the Internet with only text. Unless we see pictures, etc., I'm going by the idea that this person's lying.

Darkcaster95

Smash Rookie
I am going to err on the side of caution and say that I won't believe anything that does not have picture or video proof just yet. It is too easy to get people to believe anything right now, because of these leaks. People are clinging on to every little piece of info they can to try to figure out what is real or not. But who knows, maybe you are right. Only time will tell I guess :)

Pokeninja

Smash Rookie
Pardon my incredulousity, but what proof do you have? Not that I dislike your statement, but I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed to pieces. Is there any solid proof you could share that would back up your statements?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
While a guy's post on a forum without a picture won't convince me one way or another, this is the reason that I'm being skeptic about DHD and Dr. Mario. Video evidence of Jr. and Shulk were enough, and Dark Pit's Dark Pit Staff has convinced me that he's not a alt costume, but we've only got one source who has leaked pictures of the roster screen with DHD and Dr. Mario on it. Them not being on the roster is unlikely, but possible.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Now that we are speaking in possible scenarios. If what the guy up here said is true and Dr. Mario and DHD were fake. I just hope that there is a good replacement to compensate for the dawg. Since he is the part of the leak that kept most of the satisfied. I just hope we are not back to Gematsu days where there is only Shulk and Chorus Mehs (and Bowser Jr. is there too, but he aint enough either).
The Doctor is not needed and can be just an alt. Same for Dark Pit, but that part is not being mentioned so he is still alive it seems.

EDIT: But dont take me wrong. Because still: pictures that form part of a leak with video evidence>hey guys I know a guy that told me this.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
And Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. weren't stretches?

I'm personally not buying this guy. Anyone can make a fake leak on the Internet with only text. Unless we see pictures, etc., I'm going by the idea that this person's lying.
Even pics wouldn't be sufficient evidence as he could easily take a pic of the character roster before Duck hunt and doc are unlocked

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
as much as i want to believe you, i can't. why would the leaker waste his time on something like that? unless you're completely trolling us right now.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wii Fit Trainer will get her own stage. Sharing stages are usually reserved for very unimportant/obscure things (FE in Melee, ROB in Brawl)
Well, if there are only 35 stages, obviously characters will share stages in the 3DS version.
This is just math.
Either the leaked stages are not all of them (which seems probable to me, that it i only one page and we will have another)
Or characters are sharing them.
We have over 35 characters.

...have people really not given this any thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom