• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

potential??

BraanFlakes

Smash Rookie
i've played brawl and pika is awesome. he is deffinently one of my mains. but my friend was wondering why i choose characters that may be good but will never be as good as the rest. to me i think he is high teir though. anybody else got an opinion on this?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's far too early to judge tiers in this game.

There maybe something that we find which will drastically change the way we play, and it's verging on impossible to create a tier list in under a month.

BraanFlakes

Smash Rookie
oh ya of coarse its too early. i think i said it wrong. i was just trying to say that in my opinion i think that in the future pikachu is at least going to be higher up there than in melee. and i just wanted to know if people thought the same thing.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Who cares? I'd play Pikachu if he was on the bottom of the tier chart. I play him for his... well, his Pikachu-ness. Since SB64, he's been the character who I can connect with the best.

Anther

Smash Champion
Dunno... played with him today... kinda worse off IMO. I'ma play more singles matches tomorrow but lol. Def not as fun as he was in Melee and approach options are very limited...

BraanFlakes

Smash Rookie
ha ha, i play every day and i beleive he has inproved alot since brawl. his moves stun like crazy which catch the enemy off guard which helps to set up for combos. plus his recovery can pretty much save him from anywhere:)

Gindler

Smash Champion
He seems like he'll be somewhat of a problem to most other characters, the recovery pikachu has is insane (skullbash mixed with agility) so as long as they don't up smash you pikachu should be fine.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
I think that Pikachu has gotten better since Melee. His Skull Bash sends Pikachu a lot farther, which can save you some time when charging it. His Thunder also comes out faster than it used to, and if you went off the stage when using it, you get your recovery back a lot faster too.

Anther

Smash Champion
Oh ****s I just played an early brawl tourney and Pikachu owns it up. He's not as sux as I thought omg. Brawl is the best game ever made X_X.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Dunno... played with him today... kinda worse off IMO. I'ma play more singles matches tomorrow but lol. Def not as fun as he was in Melee and approach options are very limited...
You probably think pikachu is a little worse (even though not anymore apparently) only because its hard as hell to tail spike...

Anther

Smash Champion
It was cause his approach game seemed more limited. But I was a big bad prejudging naysayer. Pika's really fun and... amazing. Plus he can chaingrab XD.

Anther

Smash Champion
lol, true. But still... I'd hope dope was trying to DI... he's dope >.>...
Someone'll prove/disprove it soon anyway XD.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You got brawl vids anther? Would love to see the best pika in melee own it up in brawl.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'm probably not as good as any of you but I got some tournament vids which will be up whenever Willvolution uploads them.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
I don't have Brawl yet. I'm getting it at midnight on the 9th, like most people. XD

But anyway, I have always used Pikachu as my main character! ^^

I'm pretty good with it, but I wouldn't say I'm the best. I still need more practice, so I can beat the real competitive Pikachu players out there.

Top Bottom