• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potentially good advance techniques

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
I little bit ago me and The_NZA were talking about ways to lock someone lock someone in PK Fire. Eventually I think we settle on DJC PK Fire. But I don't think it would work because it auto cancels before it comes out and I think someone could sdi out of it if the timing was to be ironed out. I don't know. I try it out on some cpus. I'd love to know what you guys think about this.

Discuss. Thoughts?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I think it's for the better that the timing is off, specifically because of it's overall usefulness as a combo starter/spacing tool as it stands. The grounded version could have slightly less lag, but the aerial is already good enough, it doesn't need Double Jump Cancelled Comboing to lock someone into it. It's more of an approach tool than an offensive lock, It's fine as it stands.

D

Deleted member

DJC PK Fire - Fobble - Bat - Yoyo - Short Hop Bair - Whatever you feel like, man.
^Always works

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I'm going to workshop this a bit more with breversal djc pkfires. I'll let you know how it goes.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Finally got to field test this on my good friend who rocks at DIing pkfire (he normally gets hit for 5% or so when it hits). Here is my report on using breversal DJC pkfire technique:

It doesn't chain against good DI by any consistent measure. However, it gives you a very different angle, and mixing breverse DJC pkfires and regular DJC pkfires can lead to keeping an opponent trapped for a good while. However, this becomes a "read" based game and requires precision, good aim, and strong reaction times. However, I believe a good assessment of when to use DJC pkfire and Breversal pkfire gives you great abilities to punish an opponents DI on reaction, and I was on occasion able to link 2-3 on him (and when he DIed poorly, 4-5).

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
I guess that's kinda what I expected. I suppose if you get in the situation where you could do it and it would catch them off guard, I'd go for it. Btw, what are downsides if you miss? Actually, how safe is it on shield for that matter?

Bryonato

Green Hat
Well I mean, it's pkfire on shield, so pretty safe. Unless they powershield it most any time pkfire activates Ness is in an advantageous position (though there are, of course, exceptions).

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I don't think its risky or bad in anyway. Its mostly an opportunity cost. You might miss out on a grab because your trying to pkfire read them.

But honestly, after a pkfire, the followups are so safe because (if he's smart) he's going to be focused on DIing away and cstick buffer rolling.

Top Bottom