• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potentially Interesting Matchups?

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Are there any character matchups you're looking forward to playing/watching at a competitive level? I have a few ideas:

Little Mac vs. Mega Man
Relentless offense against a filthy number of projectiles. It will be interesting to see the tug-of-war of the fight as Mega Man spams and spaces while Little Mac tries to break through.

Wii Fit Trainer vs. Zero Suit Samus
The two seem similar in many regards, like their run speed, fall speed, as well as how snappy their aerials are. We can probably expect a fast-paced match without the awkward "she can do to me what I can do to her" found in many mirror matches.

Rosalina vs. Rosalina
This matchup ought to be really chaotic for obvious reasons. I'm particularly curious if Gravitational Pull will work on other players' Lumas.

Randomly Generated Matchup
Here is a randomly generated matchup for you to consider. Refresh the page for a different matchup. Only formally confirmed characters are included for now.

Last edited:

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I can't wait to see Little Mac dittos. Little Mac looks so hype when he's floating like a Butterfree and stinging like a Beedrill. I feel like two of them just going at each other would be extremely satisfying.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The most interesting match up to me will be Little Mac vs. Rosalina

From the look of it, Rosalina will be a spacing character. And Little Mac's Jolt Haymaker allows him to get in, past the Luma. I'd love to see how Rosalina players deal with that and how Little Mac players can capitalize on it.

Hameed Ziabari

Smash Cadet
Mega Man vs Ganondorf.

Itll be interesting to see ganondorf try and escape the projectiles. Im hoping mega man is like Peacock from Skullgirls.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Little Mac vs. Captain Falcon.

"I don’t fear the man that practices 10,000 punches once. I fear the man that practices 1 punch 10,000 times."
-Bruce Lee

This will probably be the best match up ever. I can't wait to see a tourney grand finale of this.

KO punch vs. Falcon Punch.

*chills

Last edited:

MySmashmains6

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb4sonicrules

"I don’t fear the man that practices 10,000 punches once. I fear the man that practices 1 punch 10,000 times."
-Bruce Lee

This will probably be the best match up ever. I can't wait to see a tourney grand finale of this.

*chills

That quote is bada**! I'm using it as my sig from now on!

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
greninja and greninja vs greninja and greninja. on the pokemon league stage. with master balls and pokeballs on.

because tongue scarf

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina vs Mega Man
Greninja vs Sheik
Sheik vs Wii Fit Trainer
Mac vs Everyone

Hoped-for matches: Ridley vs Balloon Fighter, Pac-Man vs Kirby, Toad vs Peach, Mach Rider vs Falcon, Popeye vs Donkey Kong, Chibi Robo vs Pikachu, Mike Jones vs Ness

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, if Ridley is playable, and really is a reversed Mac (Amazing in air, terrible on ground), then that's what I wanna see. ^^

About confirmed characters... not sure. Rosalina vs Olimar would be neat. I wonder if Pikmin will latch on to the Lumas.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Easy. Jigglypuff VS. Little Mac, titans of the land and sky. Whoever wins, we lose.

Rosalina vs. Rosalina
This matchup ought to be really chaotic for obvious reasons. I'm particularly curious if Gravitational Pull will work on other players' Lumas.
I want to see this happen now. I think, out of principle, gravitational pull should work on the Ice Climbers.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see a projectile based character, such as Link or Samus, fight against Rosalina's gravity control.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
Little Mac looks to be good against people with little knockback power. As in their moves dont hit hard until naturally they have already taken a lot of damage. He has built in flinch resistance on a lot of his moves it seems so it looks like most characters will want to kepp his distance and bait out those moves and punish him afterwards. So basically little Mac vs anyone with low knockback power. (Greninja, Rosalina, Megaman, Mario). Hard hitters like Bowser can probably push through his flinch resistances but he's slow. It would be interesting.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
As of now, all the matchups in this game are interesting for me, as I have no idea how any of them will play out. Even matchups involving the veterans only are bound to be changed, with all the new/improved moves and different physics/mechanics.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
For some reason I feel like Greninja vs. Mac is going to be extremely interesting to watch.

I'm sure we'll see it alot as well, because popular newcomers always have their metagames developed more quickly.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Samus vs. Mega Man: projectile war

ZSS vs. Greninja vs. Shiek vs. WFT: Ultimate acrobat fights

Charizard vs. Bowser: who is the better dragon?

Diddy vs. Tink: Two characters who are proficient in both land and air

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Villager VS almost everyone else. Just the fact that the little boy from a small middle-of-nowhere town in Animal Crossing stands a chance against the Hero of Time is absurd.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Granted they return...

Rosalina vs. Ice Climbers. I can't wait to see how those damn chaingrabbers deal with a puppet character.

Little Mac vs. Jigglypuff (if she doesn't suck again). Master of ground combat vs. master of aerial combat. It sounds really interesting, but could end up one-sided depending on how the game physics give priority.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac vs Shulk

I think if Villager has a female alt it'll be interesting to put the male and female against each other. (Same with the trainers)

Olimar vs Rosalina appeals to me, since they both have creatures they can control.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Ganondorf VS Rosalina, if only for the extreme one-sidedness. :p

Poor guy...

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Mega man vs Marth, Falco and Rosalina.
Previous champs of spacing and a luma wielding nightmare vs jump n shoot man would be amazing at least on paper.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina VS Sonic.

I feel it will be interesting to see how Rosalina players deal with Sonic's insane speeds. Rosalina's long legs combined with her galaxy kicks would probably be a bigger help to her than the Luma here.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
- Bowser vs Charizard vs King K. Rool vs Ridley: Epic ****.
- Mega Man vs Little Mac
- Sheik vs Greninja
- Charizard vs Bowser
- Little Mac vs Captain Falcon
- Mega Man vs Rosalina

Last edited:

Psychoace

Smash Champion

-Bruce Lee

*chills
my exact response and thoughts lol

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon vs Falcondorf (I don't care if he's a clone!)
Charizard vs Greninja
Fox vs Lucario
Mario vs Sonic
Fox vs Megaman
Peach vs Rosalina

In this post: 3DS (red vs) and Wii U (blue)

Top Bottom