• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

healing red wizard

Smash Rookie
Cocky? Nah I don't think so. Cocky would be calming I'll get top 5 or something, saying I'll make it out of bracket is an extremely realistic expectation. I'm not sure what interview you're talking about but I doubt I'll wanna be a part of it. And please explain to me how smashers can say they have met me and played against me and you can still think I'm an alt. It seems like a complete void in reasoning to me:

Edit: Weird, 2 months ago I would have eagerly respond to everyone's posts about me explaining to them why they are dumb and douches, but I just don't have the passion to do that anymore. I hope I get that drive back after Pound 4.
Cocky it is!

Yeah, I get why you can't help but be suspicious, but I really don't think my post are troll-esque. I doubt you've noticed I never actually start these combats, in fact many times I've tried to disengage these combats asking people to behave more civil and stop constantly making immature and nonconstructive insults. I'll state my opinion for example ''Jman is overrated'' and people will call me dumb for it(they are ******** for doing this imo) I'll call them dumb back and and argument pursues. It comes off as being troll like the problem is that I just don't care, I'm not going to pretend to be nicer than I actually am so that people will not think I'm a troll or like me more.

What it boils down is that on these boards people don't state their true opinions when it comes to these so called ''pros'', people don't state their true feelings when they believe that a respected player isn't half as good as people think they are and I think that's pathetic. If we think someone is overrated or not good then we should just say it. I really don't see what so troll-like about that.

As far as you know is wrong, I said I'd try to go to Rom and people blew it out of proportion. Now when I saw I am actually going to Pound 4 I'll actually be there.

ALSO PEOPLE those vids of Ace getting 3-0'd by a Yoshi aren't old at all. it happened like 3 months ago. Ace is just trying to make it seems like he sucks less when that in fact isn't true.

And I do not criticize everyone, I'm pretty sure no one has ever seen me say anything bad about Chu Dat, Darkrain or any other player who I consider to be exceptionally good. Lastly I know I'm a great player and I'll prove it at Pound 4, I'm really not interested if you believe me or not till then(Also I'd kick your *** in real life)
your opinion is false

Oh god no. Neither of them will even get top 13 at this.
you wont even show up *****!

Me not making it out of pools is completely impossible. But yeah, even if I don't make it out of pools I'll still be having my money matches so I will have to reveal myself.

I think if you were to ignore what people say about me and actually take my words for what they are, you'd see I'm not a troll and not a bad person. I'm kind of annoyed how the words of a few can sway the opinions of many about a person, oh well.
hahahahaha didnt u just say u werent cocky? u also have an ugly avatar

Wow, the sheer amount of ignorance on these boards is attrocious; dude a whole lot of people want to see my play. In the Pound 4 thread they were asking to put my matches on the live stream because of how hype they would be, they were all very disappointed when I told them I wouldn't reveal mysef until I get into the bracket.

Then again I'm taking you too seriously, you're obviously an alt created specifically to troll me. Surely you can do it better than this though.

This type of idiocy annoys me but I fear it is inescapable on thee boards. Listen it's really dumb to assume what someone is or is not capable of before you have seen them play. I'm perfectly capable of backing up everything I've said. And I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I wouldn't be so annoyed if I was called a scrub by people who weren't randoms and whose opinion actually held some weight. Shootingstars? Who the **** is that? C'mon now.
wats a troll

You are very bad at this game, I really don't be think you should be criticizing anyone for anything until you improve(a lot)
hahahahahahaha i think this is ironic

bruceleeland

Smash Apprentice
Me not making it out of pools is completely impossible. But yeah, even if I don't make it out of pools I'll still be having my money matches so I will have to reveal myself.
I'm confused. You said it was completely impossible to make it out of pools yet you state a plan B just in case you don't make it out of pools. :confused:

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
A quick look at his posting history would only reveal that he believes...

Mikael is better than Armada

Girls are just genetically trash at melee or sumthing

Believes princess peach's castle and big blue should be legal

He's either a troll or just horribly misinformed, we actually give him the benefit of the doubt by saying he's trolling i think ;)

Edit: Also, extreme sexism :s

'my crew is thinking of hosting a tournament, pretty soon. And If we do then we'll ban female gamers from entering.'
I never said Mikael better than Armada I said I'm not convinced Armada is better than Mikael, and I think at this point I'm leaning towards Armada being the better player of the two.

And um GUYS ARE BETTER THAN GIRLS AT THIS GAME you can call me a troll or whatever but that's not my opinion, it's fact. In the past 3 years no female has ever gotten top 10 at any national tournament in America, and if I remember correctly no female even made it out of pools at Genesis or Rom2(and I'll bet anyone any amount of money that no female makes it out of pools at Pound 4.); in comparison to guys girls suck at the game, to suggest otherwise is laughable.

I'm confused. You said it was completely impossible to make it out of pools yet you state a plan B just in case you don't make it out of pools. :confused:
It's not a plan B, I was stating what I would do if the impossible were to happen.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
^^^
They see me trollin'
they hatin'

You don't see any females get top 10 at any tournaments because there are like 3 female smashes TOTAL compared to the BILLIONS of males

it's like saying girls have more babies than guys

Virusbluemage said:
no female even made it out of pools at.. Rom2
YO you didn't make it out of pools either
WHAT'S REALLY GOOD?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang, you guys feel the need to respond to this guy? I don't play Melee that much, and hell even I know this guy is full of crap lol.

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
^^^
They see me trollin'
they hatin'

You don't see any females get top 10 at any tournaments because there are like 3 female smashes TOTAL compared to the BILLIONS of males

WHAT'S REALLY GOOD?

Tell it bro. Tell it hard.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
^^^
They see me trollin'
they hatin'

WHAT'S REALLY GOOD?
Well I wasn't at Rom 2, and you were the one who says no johns regardless of the circumstances, don't john for females. They can't place well because they're not good at this game(or any video game for that matter) the fact that absolutely no females are able to place well at any notable tournament ever is clear indication of they're inferiority. And atm there are a while lot more than 3 females playing them competitively, what rock have you been under?

Dang, you guys feel the need to respond to this guy? I don't play Melee that much, and hell even I know this guy is full of crap lol.
I have never even seen you post before and even I can tell you're full of idiocy.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IN THE NIGHT... WHEN WE WERE YOUNG... AND WE WERE LOVERS...

Vbm... Hold my hand... whisk me away... take me to....

SMASH ISLAND!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Cocky? Nah I don't think so. Cocky would be calming I'll get top 5 or something, saying I'll make it out of bracket is an extremely realistic expectation. I'm not sure what interview you're talking about but I doubt I'll wanna be a part of it. And please explain to me how smashers can say they have met me and played against me and you can still think I'm an alt. It seems like a complete void in reasoning to me
Yeah, well I kinda caught some of that later. So my bad on the alt thing. Also...the interview is for players who make it out of pools. That'd be kind of bogus if you didn't get interviewed. (If you make it out of pools) I also want to interview some of the people who have 'hype' built around them. i.e. YOU

Hardcore anime fans beating people up irl. scary stuff. [ARGHH I R IGNORANT ANIME LUVERS CAN BE BUFF]
Actually...I know quite a few people who are into anime that are athletic and/or probably can hold their own in a fight. Stereotypes can make a person quite ignorant.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
"into anime" like posting on anime forums often "into anime"? not to mention having enough time to post 600 times in less than a year on smashboards.

Samochan

Smash Master
Well I wasn't at Rom 2, and you were the one who says no johns regardless of the circumstances, don't john for females. They can't place well because they're not good at this game(or any video game for that matter) the fact that absolutely no females are able to place well at any notable tournament ever is clear indication of they're inferiority. And atm there are a while lot more than 3 females playing them competitively, what rock have you been under?
This is just ignorance. >_> Ever heard of Halo and CS female gamers on MLG? No? Well too bad then. But there are many games females play competitively, smash just isn't one of the mainstream ones and though girls usually don't spend their time playing games competitvely like guys do (girls tend to do other things, we're not competitive in nature like guys are), it's ignorant to say they're inferior due to numbers in every game they play.

And last time I checked, smack and esa2 were both one of the biggest european tournaments here and I happened to place fairly well on both (especially considering I still sucked lol and esa2 was only my second tourney outside finland), you can consider your placement arguments void. Course you could pay my flight tickets to america if the placements are so important to be done there lol.

Oh and milktea got 1st with pc chris in one big tournament in teams. I have to say it would be tough for pc to carry on the whole team without assistance against some of the top players. =)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
"into anime" like posting on anime forums often "into anime"? not to mention having enough time to post 600 times in less than a year on smashboards.
ASSUMING is what's so funny. It's not hard to rack up a post count. Also you can post...disappear for a couple months, then post more when you come back, and have over 600 in less than a year. There are plenty of people that have a MUCH greater post count than 600 per year. Others just read and don't post...which in essence can be just as bad. However, since they just read...people can't make fun of them. They may not even realize how much THEY are spending on that. I understand wanting to make a point for an insult. However, moving to stereotypes tends to be down right rude to other people. It's like when some women generalize men in front of a man they KNOW isn't like that. Then they go "Oh, but I don't mean you." Or how they make it seem like men don't do other things when they have a hobby. When they also KNOW that isn't true. I'm not really trying to attack/troll/etc. I'm just saying that generalized statements like that don't quite fit the bill. Maybe 10-15 years ago...but not now.

Also, Samo- the statement that women aren't competitive in nature is a strongly inaccurate statement. They might competitive in different things than men. However they ARE competitve. Whether they see it or not they are. When you see a woman insulting how another woman looks..that's being competitve. Trying to make someone else look bad so they look better. That is rampant today, so it's not an inaccurate or even a generalized statement. Just an example, but they are competitive. When they win...they love it. When they lose..."Women aren't as competitive as men." tends to come out. I, however, have been told by several older women, that women are competitve, and ruthless at times. On rare occasions, a younger woman will admit to it.

I also believe that a woman CAN compete and be good. they have to put the work in for it. They also get more respect when they just play and don't say things lke, "I gotta rep for the ladies, and show we're better/can compete." or other statements like that...which frustrate people.

THAT BEING SAID:
I give mad respect to the female smashers because they just play like anyone else. Milktea gets major props. Crismas is mad beast. LadyLegion is straight monster.
ForkGirl is on point. Samochan holding it down. Kiwi with those multishines. Emmy being that rapid assassin. I want to make sure they get my respect.

by definition, what is "impossible" can never happen
I laughed.

Samochan

Smash Master
Also, Samo- the statement that women aren't competitive in nature is a strongly inaccurate statement. They might competitive in different things than men. However they ARE competitve. Whether they see it or not they are. When you see a woman insulting how another woman looks..that's being competitve. Trying to make someone else look bad so they look better. That is rampant today, so it's not an inaccurate or even a generalized statement. Just an example, but they are competitive. When they win...they love it. When they lose..."Women aren't as competitive as men." tends to come out. I, however, have been told by several older women, that women are competitve, and ruthless at times. On rare occasions, a younger woman will admit to it.
Well yea, but I meant mainly on activities and sports. Many sports are male dominant, even though we have many female leagues, like say football, ice hockey, formula, rally etc. Women compete with other women sure lol, but I guess we just don't channel that competitiveness to games or activities like males do. Personally I can be very competitive in games lol. Then there's also the atmosphere to consider, with a male majority it's quite a foreign ground and playing games a lot is considered kinda nerdish, especially with the dedication needed to be good in melee and other competitive games. So it's more about girls not having time/dedication/interest in playing and getting good at melee (& some other competitive gaming) than lack of skill in their part.

This is getting really sidestracked however, so I predict a major upset will happen and mango will lose to another european than armada.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol <3 Samochan so much. ^_^

I still say Amsah is going to take this. This is part fanboyishness, part biased to a friend, part observation, xD. I also think that LadyLegion is going to make some major upsets, herself.

Mike G + LadyLegion are going to wreck teams

`DNS`

Smash Lord

I have never even seen you post before and even I can tell you're full of idiocy.
And why is that?
NO JOHNS

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
don't john for females. They can't place well because they're not good at this game(or any video game for that matter) the fact that absolutely no females are able to place well at any notable tournament ever is clear indication of they're inferiority.
:laugh: say this to a chick and see how inferior she is then lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
VBM you should MM Lady Legion at Pound(assuming you're going of course)

I ***** her pretty hard the last time we played and I suck, remember? =D

EDIT: and "****" in Smash for all you dirty minded fools out there >_>

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
This is just ignorance. >_> Ever heard of Halo and CS female gamers on MLG? No? Well too bad then. But there are many games females play competitively, smash just isn't one of the mainstream ones and though girls usually don't spend their time playing games competitvely like guys do (girls tend to do other things, we're not competitive in nature like guys are), it's ignorant to say they're inferior due to numbers in every game they play.

And last time I checked, smack and esa2 were both one of the biggest european tournaments here and I happened to place fairly well on both (especially considering I still sucked lol and esa2 was only my second tourney outside finland), you can consider your placement arguments void. Course you could pay my flight tickets to america if the placements are so important to be done there lol.

Oh and milktea got 1st with pc chris in one big tournament in teams. I have to say it would be tough for pc to carry on the whole team without assistance against some of the top players. =)
Why is this post so Godlike ???? SAMOCHAN FTW

`DNS`

Smash Lord
VBM you should MM Lady Legion at Pound(assuming you're going of course)

I ***** her pretty hard the last time we played and I suck, remember? =D

EDIT: and "****" in Smash for all you dirty minded fools out there >_>
:laugh: i was going to comment on that

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Listen... Girls don't play as much as guys do, that's why they... suck :p (j/k)

Anyway, I'd bet 10$ on my boi VBM beatin all of the female smashers out there :) Ain't that right VBM?

Btw...
Thanks Mickey G, i just got a new sig!

Tekk

Smash Lord
I want kickass montages of pound 4 !I won't sleep and will stay on the livestream all night just to see mango getting UGS-Team combo'd all-day !
Armada & Aniolas to win doubles, AGAIN
Armada to win singles, I want a Armada/Amsah grand finals (even if its kinda irrealistic)
1.Armada
2.M2K/Mango ?
3.Hbox (because he's just too gay not to be on op 3)
4.Amsah/Zhu/DSW/SS ???

And then i dont know really
Please don't flame me for that post or something, I don't know the melee scene that much but I do enjoy this game and I'm pretty impatient to see MELEE results, more than Brawl's,because we all know Ally/M2K is going to win

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Is it just me or are half the female smashers Peach mains... I'm not complaining ;) just saying... it's pretty interesting.
There is a great reason for this but I'll refrain from explaining why because I don't wanna get Demodded/banned =/

Samochan

Smash Master
Listen... Girls don't play as much as guys do, that's why they... suck :p (j/k)

Anyway, I'd bet 10$ on my boi VBM beatin all of the female smashers out there :) Ain't that right VBM?

Btw...
Thanks Mickey G, i just got a new sig!
Zephy, you're kinda losing that bet, cause there's no way vbm will ever get the chance to beat me with the distance in between. And besides we have more females smashers in northern countries than just me, alongside europe. xP

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Say more words, VBM. I like it when you do that.
I lol'd @ "People want my matches on the livestream because they'd be so hype"
You know we're laughing at you, not with you right?

Seriously though, who do you main? $5 says this post gets ignored, or his argument will be boiled down to "lul ur retraded"

Paix

Smash Apprentice
prediction: Axe is the highest placing low tier main, with Skler a few places behind him.
What about Germ? He placed 25th at Genesis. Or does he use high tier characters aswell as his Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom