• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hahaha I am very proud of the devotion you went through to get those matches. Touche.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea i'm just a little too predictable with it... i'm working on it though

and i had a feeling that's where you got it from, i watched those vids, heard the **** talk

your peach is pretty good

peach is fun

also

cp'ing in general is ********

i think keeping the stages the way theyve always been is fine
people changing rules and stuff cuz its their tourney causes problems
like this

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i guess

but its so stupid and annoying

peach is too good on this stage

who cares its peach

jiggs is too good on this stage

who cares mango is gonna win anyways

its pretty pointless when you think about it

i think if you played 2 tourneys with the same people, but one had mutecity banned
results would be the same

one stage is definitely not going to change that much

if you want fair then go FD only, its flat and not random
and everyone can be fox

MacD

Banned via Administration

your peach is pretty good

peach is fun

also

cp'ing in general is ********

i think keeping the stages the way theyve always been is fine
people changing rules and stuff cuz its their tourney causes problems
like this
thanks, and peach is fun which is why i mained her, some people just hate on her, it's sad

Desh

Smash Ace
I don't think Corneria should be allowed if Mute City is allowed, but since you're having it on I guess it just makes it easier for me

however I still feel it is being biased towards peach players because corneria is just as good for fox/falco as mute city is for peach/jiggs IMO, so if Mute is banned then both should be.

but idc, having those rules only helps me I guess, but you should be consistent. imo ban neither or ban both.
THIS.

I agree. We should ban Corneria too.
And while we're at it, Yoshi Story gives a significant advantage to Marth and Ganondorf. Especially Marth.
If we're banning stages that gives one character a significant advantage, we should surely ban Yoshi Story.
More of this? o.o

lmfao, someone get this guy a kleenex
Lmao, you really are ****ing *** hole XD

****ing *****.

Hahaha I am very proud of the devotion you went through to get those matches. Touche.
I'm about to go to the first post. If you didnt keep your word, your as big of an *** hole as chillin!

being one-sided in one matchup doesn't mean anything wtf
I quoted this for no reason

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
being one-sided in one matchup doesn't mean anything wtf
anyways if a peach is counterpicking its because they lost the first match anyways so they shouldnt win in the first place

and if you lose to peach in a nuetral stage then you deserve to get counterpicked last match since hes better then you on neutrals

Shroomed

Smash Master
i agree with that pretty good player m2k

pretty whack to jus gay a group of players (peach players) outta their CP

cuz now if a spanimal plays peach they just ban brinstar

edit: P.C. Jona, i disagree with that post you just made in every single way possible

pockyD

Smash Legend
i agree with that pretty good player m2k

pretty whack to jus gay a group of players (peach players) outta their CP

cuz now if a spanimal plays peach they just ban brinstar

edit: P.C. Jona, i disagree with that post you just made in every single way possible
you are so dumb i hate you so much league of legends is so stupid watermelon is so gross

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Neutrals only would be amazing.

6 "Neutrals"+ DK64 + Stage Strike. Player bans one stage after first win!
ZHHUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Not a bad idea actually.

But ok so lets say you leave brinstar and mute city.

You beat the Peach in the first neutral and they take you to the one you didnt ban. You lose. YOU STILL HAVE YOUR COUNTER PICK/ANTI PEACH STAGE!

Its called strategy in counter picking. So what they have a stage they can use to beat you on. Instead of trying to ban a stage they're good at, find a stage or two that you can use against Peach mains. I mean look what Shiz did to Armada on Fountain of Dreams! There you have that stage and Corneria and you're set, they ban one you use the other end of match you win. Now it comes down to you HAVING MORE SKILL then your opponent.

If you guys want to keep worrying over banning something that doesnt even matter and is up to the TO of the tourney, go worry about banning/not banning metaknight. It's about as useful a discussion as this one :p

That having been said, 5 months is just too long to wait for this tourney :p

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i think peach is better on some neutrals than brinstar, except maybe vs marth

spacies vs peach is pretty easy there though, just jump up on that top platform and enjoy living longer due to acid

not really relevant but everybody keeps saying "now they can ban brinstar and peach automatically loses" which is not true at all and it was bothering me

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ZHHUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Not a bad idea actually.

But ok so lets say you leave brinstar and mute city.

You beat the Peach in the first neutral and they take you to the one you didnt ban. You lose. YOU STILL HAVE YOUR COUNTER PICK/ANTI PEACH STAGE!

Its called strategy in counter picking. So what they have a stage they can use to beat you on. Instead of trying to ban a stage they're good at, find a stage or two that you can use against Peach mains. I mean look what Shiz did to Armada on Fountain of Dreams! There you have that stage and Corneria and you're set, they ban one you use the other end of match you win. Now it comes down to you HAVING MORE SKILL then your opponent.

If you guys want to keep worrying over banning something that doesnt even matter and is up to the TO of the tourney, go worry about banning/not banning metaknight. It's about as useful a discussion as this one :p

That having been said, 5 months is just too long to wait for this tourney :p
thats what i said except you said it better

anyways if a peach is counterpicking its because they lost the first match anyways so they shouldnt win in the first place

and if you lose to peach in a nuetral stage then you deserve to get counterpicked last match since hes better then you on neutrals

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Because playing all on neutrals wouldn't let the more skilled player win, right?

As much as I enjoy playing on CPs myself, I think it's kind of silly to have such strong CPs that the winner of the first match is pretty much guaranteed to win the set.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
So great news Mute City is not banned anymore.

Unless u aren't a man of ur word.

Anyway I guess what is more imp is to learn match up it helps up. Look at M2K when he picked FD twice to armada just to be able to beat the guy and still lost. And don't start with corneria cause I know is **** but I prefer peach against fox anytime in corneria that marth against peach in FD now that match up is really gay and still armada le comio el bucket a M2K

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Because playing all on neutrals wouldn't let the more skilled player win, right?

As much as I enjoy playing on CPs myself, I think it's kind of silly to have such strong CPs that the winner of the first match is pretty much guaranteed to win the set.
Exactly. Why even play the set, why not just do the first match and be done, these arguments are pathetic.

Jon, I say we ban anyone from this who doesn't stop *****ing about the same **** page after page. ****ing random scrubs, be better, cry less.
I won't hold back, just because a stage with hazards and no ledges is banned everyone 5 people go crazy about and take up 7 or 8 pages of posts. Its a waste of time.

DontLoseUrLuggage

Smash Cadet
7 neutrals + stage strike would be amazing, but it probably won't happen, so unban mute city, keep green greens banned and we're good

-lovage

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Plank said:
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, onnett Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2, **Mute city**, **Green Greens**
Apparently there is another stage plank hates...

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what's wrong with some arguments. I use fox why would I want mute city unbanned but since I'm trying to be fair I'm saying its not fair to leave peach with one stage for counter pick that can be banned in the set and let fox and marth keep so many good stages. That's all I'm trying to say this isn't some random scrub crying cause it wants mute city for him to win. M2K said it himself. Ur just making my life easier.

If it were up to me I would just play on neutral stages and chose from the CP list the best 2 or 3 stages that are almost neutral and put them for counter pick.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
**** it, this is MD/VA. I say we play with the 6 neutrals and Kongo Jungle.
Neutrals only would be amazing.

6 "Neutrals"+ DK64 + Stage Strike. Player bans one stage after first win!
**** zhu, great idea!!!!

lol

I'll make a poll, it's going to be all or nothing.

6 Neutrals+dk64 stage striking

or standard pokefloats/cruise/GG/brinstar/corneria/MC allowed, 1 ban and stage striking

I am all about the people so whatever people want, i'll be down.

i'd prefer 6 neutrals+dk64

people dont need to start throwing opinions here, ill get a mod to make an actual poll

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol and i thought people would whine harder about the plank issue for brawl. Stop whining you peach players you win with one button down c stick accept mute city is gone.

And yea *** peach only reason i hate melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom