• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddd

Smash Lord
geeeez 322 for melee?
clearly its not dying
Anyone who thought Melee was ever going to die is delusional.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo's been running in tournaments for over 20 years now, with no sign of decreased popularity.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
it shouldnt be taxed AT ALL, and mainly wouldnt be an issue if there wasnt such a huge amount of money coming in at once

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Wow melee way to show no support /sarcasm

But wow at that 322 O____o

And although its not really my concern but I'm surprised Brawl is < 200 entrants *shrugs*

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yo, someone call Shiz when they get a chance and ask if he plans on going, and that i still have his spot saved in pools and If he wants to keep it or not.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
brawl might have a little more slack, since its not being run the first day. i need to get paypal sorted out though

strawhats

Smash Master
yo WTF happened to Mr. Azen Zagenite, and Chillindude

If somoeone will just tell me they had no interest at all and said **** it than fine....but they said they would come if chu came.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
geeeez 322 for melee?
clearly its not dying
I think Melee players are just spread everywhere thus making attendance low, but they will travel all the ****ing way to keep the game where it was from past years, they play for the game mostly. Wish Brawl was the same, WC (Cept 2) didnt show up, South (cept tiny ones) arent showing up, Canada Brawl, none, like wtf seriously brawl would be prob MUCH bigger than Melee no offense if people cared, that's why sometimes I'm like meh brawl.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I think that part of the reason is that Pounds have all been melee and Pound 4 kinda has the melee vibe.

Apex will probably have similar turnout to this but in reverse with more Brawl rep.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im just hoping when the 200 brawl players go back to their regions i do a good enough job that they rant and rave and next pound, assuming all goes well, will have TONS more entrants next time for BOTH games, since now brawl players know what pound truly means as a tourney!

strawhats

Smash Master
yo Plank you said something about stragglers in your mail inbox or some **** like that...what happens to those guy (the Azens, Chillins, Brawl people of the world)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
they had not contacted me at all.

rules are rules, no matter what your standing is.

i know chillin was on the fence about entering anything ANYWAY, idk about azen.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
well i think brawlers were under the impression they were gonna get less supplies than melee players, which isnt true at all.

since melee is 130 people more it WILL have more setups, but it will def be scaled to be equal with # of entrants. unless nobody brings wiis/cubes. lol

i want to have one tv per 4 entrants for each game.

~80 setups for melee ~50 setups for brawl would be ideal. weve got the tvs mostly handled just need people to bring cubes and wiis and locals to bring a few more tvs, which they are already planning on doing!

strawhats

Smash Master
they had not contacted me at all.

rules are rules, no matter what your standing is.

i know chillin was on the fence about entering anything ANYWAY, idk about azen.
Ok so that means that 322 is the Final list for melee...its good to know now :)

I think ever since Isai dropped out Chillin probably said to hell with it...they were gonna team aftre all (even though Chillin and Azen ALWAYS TEAM)

Im a bit dissappointed that Isai and Azen decided not to go. Azen and Chu Dat are like but buddies so I figured he'd go if Chu would be there.

plus Iwanted to see Azen play Armada.

Im also surprised that Vidjo didnt go. He does live with M2K now. OH well

Get Hyped 322 Holy **** thats alot of people.

VGBootCamp's livestream was beyong great... it was absolutely Amazing. (and it was just WIRELESS yesterday when they tested it out).

LLDL

Smash Hero
lol chu on that list may not even be ChuDat. There was some fake importer named Chu at Rom 2 lol. Hopefully its ChuDat.

strawhats

Smash Master
I think I can trust that its Chu this time seeing as Chu Dat registers always for Melee and Brawl [S+ D]

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Holy ****...this tourny is gonna be amazing.

So, yea about stickers...should I set up some request thread? LOL I may have a lot of work ahead of me in the next couple weeks for those.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no, it IS chudat on the list.

322 isnt the final #, ive got stragglers coming in but they are people who messaged me BEFORE reg closed with issues.

if i heard nothing from people for 6 months then come jan 1st i hear from them, im less inclined to help. id say im still working with 10-15 more ppl to figure **** out

strawhats

Smash Master
no, it IS chudat on the list.

322 isnt the final #, ive got stragglers coming in but they are people who messaged me BEFORE reg closed with issues.

if i heard nothing from people for 6 months then come jan 1st i hear from them, im less inclined to help. id say im still working with 10-15 more ppl to figure **** out
Yeah...I figured it was Chu Dat...like you said Azen and chillin aren't among those who contacted you...those 10-15 people are probably alot of melee people/a few Brawl people like Dphat, and his friends.

Wow im such an idiot if he was asking for a teammate I shouldv'e asssumed that Azen wasn't going anymore.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
well i think brawlers were under the impression they were gonna get less supplies than melee players, which isnt true at all.

since melee is 130 people more it WILL have more setups, but it will def be scaled to be equal with # of entrants. unless nobody brings wiis/cubes. lol

i want to have one tv per 4 entrants for each game.

~80 setups for melee ~50 setups for brawl would be ideal. weve got the tvs mostly handled just need people to bring cubes and wiis and locals to bring a few more tvs, which they are already planning on doing!
I'd scale a little more towards Brawl just cause it unfortunately takes longer, I generally think a ~60-40 ratio works well, but obviously scale that based on the number of players.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
well it depends.

i only have to even scale it for day 2.

day 1 melee takes priority.

day 3 brawl takes priority.

so basically
the more cubes/wiis people bring, the more they will play their respective game

strawhats

Smash Master
ok so melee will be pools Saturday....Bracket on Sunday

Brawl...Pools Start Sunday night... Bracket on Monday

Correct me if Im wrong

You figure one round of pools take 2-3 hrs.

Saturday

You start early at 9-9:30

First Round of pools end 12:30 pm

Second Round of Pools Start Immediately at 1:00 pm ends at 2:30-3:00 pm.

3rd round of pools seed accordingly should take about 15-20 mins.

start 3:30 ends at about 5:00 pm.

Brackets start

ends at 12 :00 am next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom