• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
BRAWL PLAYERS:

I'll be calling matches promptly at 11:15ish. Don't be here LATE. I dont' care who you are, you WILL get DQ'd if your late.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL the seeding is done random! poul 2 results don't even matter!!!! Terrible, i can't believe tio would actually do that

1. Zhu was second in his poul
1. Vanz was first in his poul
1. Vwins was first in his poul
1. Dr. PP was first in his poul
1. Faab was second in his poul
1. pydoyk was third in his poul

so yeah, with fair seeding, that's not even possible, every poul should have 2 top seeds, two mid seeds en two low seeds. This poul has one top seed more and one third seed less, making it a lot harder

really unfair imo.

anyway, i don't think it's going to be changed anymore so, stream this poul

most pools have 2/2/2, but we had to change a few due to SERIOUS region mishaps. i usually dont care if 2 people are in the same pool from the same region, but 4?

if you guys could see what happened BEFORE they got slightly edited, some of them were so ridiculous. like i said though those arent 100% final.

i will probably fix that pool, along with a few others that are a bit more tough, just have to make sure the seeding matches as best as possible.

you probably know nothing about tournaments anyway, so i dont know why im explaining myself to you, but nonetheless, there it is

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
there's no way pool 7 is not gonna be streamed

so yeah

who doesn't want to see armada, dahean, axe and the puerto rican link guy plus the TO and a doc guy

this pool is so ****

faab's too but it's gonna be changed no doubt

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Woow..... Those pools are amazing...

Pool 7 (HDL, Strawhat, Armada, Axe, Boss and Plank) is just...... **** >_<

Stream this one if you don't change it !

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Plank don't listen to these kids your doing an great job bruh. My god i cant say it enough so many death pools. There are a nice amount of good players and i mean very good players who didn't make it out. So far that im aware of its g regulate and blea gelo. Pound 4 is hella hard yo real talk. I hate to be in some of those pools. Good **** everyone! **** yo best tournament of like ever.

Samochan

Smash Master

how on earth did dahean go to the same pool as armada if both got 1st in their second pools and both are european top players..

also.. over will have a hard time with mango and his pool :(

go you two, go europe!

zgetto beat m2k for our sake
Both are first seeds, that's why. >_>;;

But imo, that's quite unacceptable decision tio made rofl, I really hope it's not finalised. It would be hella stupid in 2 ways, strawy against another european (who also happens to be the best in our regions rofl) and wtf HDL AGAIN? That would be super unfair for Lord HDL too, seeing that strawy beat him last pool. Like, you don't go 2 rounds against the same player successively on brackets either, if at all till grandes. >_>

I'd have no gripes watching this... but just saying that this is such an idiotic pool it's not funny anymore. :/

It's this pool, or pool 8/2 for me though. :p Zgetto vs m2k yauhhzz.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
In this thread a bunch of people with no tournament hosting experience complain about things that make sense.

Plaink i only see like one pool that needs changing, keep doing work brah.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
you probably know nothing about tournaments anyway, so i dont know why im explaining myself to you, but nonetheless, there it is
wtf, i've been to like 50 tournaments over the past 7 (!) years, ask any european over there. i'm sure they all know me.

i don't know what that had to do with my opinion in the first place, i think it was a solid argument why some pools should be changed.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
1. Pc Chris
1. Shroomed
1. warriorknight
1. Hbox
1. IHaveSpaceBalls
1. Marc

Marc actually should not have made it out. Watty will/should be taking that spot as there was a 3 way tie for 3rd seed and he beat marc. Were going to the venue now and that'll probably be changed.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I assume the bracket will also still be changed?
there are 5 euro-teams (2 spanish, 2 swedes, 6 dutchies) in there + lovage-remen (dutchie).
1st quarter, no europeans
2nd quarter, spanish+swedish
2nd half, all the dutchies

:/

SmashingFleX

Smash Apprentice
no one is talking about planks hosting experience here in a bad way.
Plank I got love for you and I really think you`re really doing your best.

We are just mentioning stuff.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
I assume the bracket will also still be changed?
there are 5 euro-teams (2 spanish, 2 swedes, 6 dutchies) in there + lovage-remen (dutchie).
1st quarter, no europeans
2nd quarter, spanish+swedish
2nd half, all the dutchies

:/
it's not that bad imo

half a bracket is a lot, plus some teams go to the other half of the bracket in losers, double elim takes care of this. It's not like they're really next to each other.

Luma

Smash Lord
1. Pc Chris
1. Shroomed
1. warriorknight
1. Hbox
1. IHaveSpaceBalls
1. Marc

Marc actually should not have made it out. Watty will/should be taking that spot as there was a 3 way tie for 3rd seed and he beat marc. Were going to the venue now and that'll probably be changed.
marc got 2 sets, 6 games and 7 loses
watty got 2 sets, 6 games and 8 loses

but actually it should be BigD 2nd and Harriet 3rd, leaving Marth 4th and Watty 5th if you use the best possible system for big tournaments

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Pool 2 and 7 must be changed, that's all i have to say.

The reasons for this is allready mentioned.

Go Armada!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
marc got 2 sets, 6 games and 7 loses
watty got 2 sets, 6 games and 8 loses

but actually it should be BigD 2nd and Harriet 3rd, leaving Marth 4th and Watty 5th if you use the best possible system for big tournaments
Watty and Marc both went 6-7 unless I just miscounted a few times.
Watty then beat Marc.

No idea how you work that. But Watty just told me he should have made it out of pools and will be talking to plank. If someone disagrees he won't be a happy camper.

Samochan

Smash Master
it's not that bad imo

half a bracket is a lot, plus some teams go to the other half of the bracket in losers, double elim takes care of this. It's not like they're really next to each other.
I do wonder why each and every dutch is in the same side of the bracket though and Lovage + remen right next to amsah+adam, even though both ***** their pools the same and there's not big of a skill difference between these players either. Could easily be swapped with one in the topmost quarter of the bracket imo.

Luma

Smash Lord
Watty and Marc both went 6-7 unless I just miscounted a few times.
Watty then beat Marc.

No idea how you work that. But Watty just told me he should have made it out of pools and will be talking to plank. If someone disagrees he won't be a happy camper.
Watty got 6-8 according to AiB. (Marc won once 2-0 and Watty got every Set he won a 2-1)

but as i said, if you use s/g/l, both wouldnt make it out if top3 advances

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
In this thread a bunch of people with no tournament hosting experience complain about things that make sense.

Plaink i only see like one pool that needs changing, keep doing work brah.
I agree, only pool 7 needs changing imo. Plank is hosting an awesome tournament and do it well !

And I've tournament hosting experience...

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I agree, only pool 7 needs changing imo. Plank is hosting an awesome tournament and do it well !

And I've tournament hosting experience...
Dude, take a look at pool 2 and tell me doesn't need a change.

I know Plank has said the reason for that, but still, there are other pools which "easy" compared to that one.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Axe Boss and Plank are going to cause Armada to not make it out pools. Although i'm sure plank might forfeit after winning anyway to show courtesy for him traveling all this way.

Also, DR. PP vs ZHU!

Aves

Smash Apprentice
Pool 7

Armada
Axe
Boss
HDL
Plank
Strawhat Dahean

Staaaacked!
Come on Axe!

tekkie

Smash Master
omg you guys i'm excited about brawl!!!!!1

edit: silhouette, google "pound 4 livestream", it'll come up (at least the smashboards thread will)

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Axe Boss and Plank are going to cause Armada to not make it out pools. Although i'm sure plank might forfeit after winning anyway to show courtesy for him traveling all this way.

Also, DR. PP vs ZHU!
i'm sorry for you americans but there's no way armada and dahean are not getting 1st and 2nd outta there

LLDL

Smash Hero
wtf why are there 2 CHADS. How will pool operators tell the difference. There is one in darkrains pool and one in scars pool.

i'm sorry for you americans but there's no way armada and dahean are not getting 1st and 2nd outta there
you never know :)

Also is it top 2 make it out or top 3? Because if so, Lucky might not make it out behind rockcrock and ChuDat

porc

Smash Journeyman
Putting two people in the same pool who came from the same region in the USA is something.
But two people who crossed the Atlantic to be there ($$$), who know each other well, and are both pretender to win this thing is just insulting.

And I'm a TO, if there's a need to specify...

Pool 2 is hard but has no problem regarding the origins of its player so... it's just no luck.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
BRAWL PLAYERS:

I'll be calling matches promptly at 11:15ish. Don't be here LATE. I dont' care who you are, you WILL get DQ'd if your late.
BUMPED cause i HATE when people dont listen to a TO.

PS: every once in a while could everybody help out and post the live stream link so it cuts down on spam and the SAME posts over and over again

http://www.justin.tv//vgbootcamp

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Putting two people in the same pool who came from the same region in the USA is something.
But two people who crossed the Atlantic to be there ($$$), who know each other well, and are both pretender to win this thing is just insulting.

And I'm a TO, if there's a need to specify...

Pool 2 is hard but has no problem regarding the origins of its player so... it's just no luck.
^ this

10 Planklearntomakepoolsplz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom