• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt07

Smash Master
Is Lucky going? If not, I'll change my list.

1. Mango
2. Amsah
3. Dr.PeePee
4. Armada
5. Lucky
6. Hungrybox
7. Zhu
8. Matt07
9. Lahti
10. Kason

Real talk.

I'd really like to see Dr.PeePee vs Amsah!
Hahaha, I was gonna throw you in the list but you beat me too it.

Roy too good...

Beat!

Smash Master
Don't underrate PP. (Yes, you're being a fanboy).
Don't underrate Armada (Yes, you're being a fanboy).

c wut i did thar?

I don't underrate PP. He will get top 4, and have a good chance at winning. I just don't think he'll beat Armada if they play each other.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So let's say Hbox faces PP and Armada faces Amsah in semis. This way Hbox is either third or fourth, when Amsah could get first if he manages to beat Armada or PP.

If Hbox faces Amsah first, Amsah will get either fourth, third or second depending on his performance vs PP and Armada.

You know what'd be amazing? If before Semis, M2K faces HBox, then M2K faces Armada while on the other side, Amsah faces PP. :awesome:

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Look at it from Mango's perspective. He has created an aura of complete control over what happens in every tournament. He doesn't have to do anything but show up and play, and whether he wins or loses doesn't matter because he has the overwhelming support of so many people in the community. Why should he try when he makes enough money to cover his costs, and still has the love and praise of so many players. I don't expect him to do anything less than enjoy himself at the tournament, which helps fuel his fans' ability to make excuses for him. Mango is the clear winner already.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
We should just refer to Mango when he goes primarily Falcon et al as Scorpion Master, and when he uses mostly Falco/Fox/Puff he can be Mango.

It's simple enough.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
eh, im starting to get sick of giving mango a free pass for sandbagging

if he doesn't start winning again, i think its time for a new #1

but also, maybe he would try again if we unbanned him?

Pi

Smash Hero
'we' didn't ban him

and i could see maybe some semblance of a link to the community being strengthen if he were unbanned
but ultimately i think it just comes down to him having no real reason to want to win any more since everyone just 'knows' he's the best regardless of results

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Meh. Mango sucks as far as I can tell. He pulls the standard big brother move of picking a character he's not great with so he can say, "Oh w/e I didn't really care that much" when he's actually just afraid of losing.

As far as I can tell: PP, Hbox, Armada are the three best there are right now. Amsah's nearby. M2K could be. Mango's probly still top5 but definitely not the best.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Don't underrate Armada (Yes, you're being a fanboy).

c wut i did thar?

I don't underrate PP. He will get top 4, and have a good chance at winning. I just don't think he'll beat Armada if they play each other.
Except for the fact that I live in the Netherlands and you live in Sweden? I can say this from a very neutral position while you can't.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
yeah 'we' didn't ban him, but if he was unbanned i think it be more likely that he'd try

@sasha: yeah that's kind of how i feel these days

Beat!

Smash Master
Except for the fact that I live in the Netherlands and you live in Sweden? I can say this from a very neutral position while you can't.
I would root for Shiz if he was going. There goes your theory.

The reason I think Armada will beat PP is because of Armadas tourney record and overall performance vs Falco.

Seriously, what does bias even have to do with it? I think Armada will beat PP, you think PP will beat Armada, and time will tell who's right.

Velox

Smash Ace
Sigged instantly.
u cant sig instantly noob it takes like least 2 buttons

I think it's fun having a world tournament where we all feel like anything can happen amongst the top players (and the rest of the field really too) :D I can't wait!

Course I'm most excited for the intermingling of Europe/America/Canada like usual :D It's really sparked melee for me! I wish things were like this when Ken EK Svampen Azen were around..... :(

Japan still sucks though <<

Geist

Smash Master
Meh. Mango sucks as far as I can tell.
I think that's jumping the gun just a bit lmao
I don't think that Mango is by far as dominant as he was before, but I think he still has that little something that no one else has. There's a lot of players catching up to him because of this whole 'not trying' business though.

But imo PP forcing him to go Falco at WGF and STILL taking him out is going to raise some awareness. Maybe he'll realize he's not completely dominant anymore, and we'll see him get serious about things again.

Stev

Smash Ace
I think that's jumping the gun just a bit lmao
I don't think that Mango is by far as dominant as he was before, but I think he still has that little something that no one else has. There's a lot of players catching up to him because of this whole 'not trying' business though.

But imo PP forcing him to go Falco at WGF and STILL taking him out is going to raise some awareness. Maybe he'll realize he's not completely dominant anymore, and we'll see him get serious about things again.
PP didn't force him to do anything. Hugs requested Mango to go Falco as a birthday present

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling Mango will not **** around this tournament. He will win

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you cant say mango isnt the best anymore.

he places high with bad characters. if thats not an indication of skill IDK what is.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
I hate how these threads are just name dropping. It so boring to read.

unknown522

Some guy
I think it's a toss up between Hbox and Armada (depends on their bracket) and well, if mango tries then he's got this.

Also, if m2k can magically polish his marth in less than a week and/or stop thinking that marth is a limited/bad character then he could win.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I agree with him, and I have nothing to do with Sweden.

I can't see Armada losing to a Falco. That's probably what I though about Hungrybox, though, so maybe PP will prove me wrong :)

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
I've just read at least 6 pages of "Oh mango will/won't sandbag" and "mango is not #1" and "mango please let me suck your d**k" I mean geez you guys really need to have some pot brownies and calm the f*** down.

Whether or not mango is tryhard or not this tourney, we still have Genesis to look forward to.
Besides, there are players that are fairly legit and will probably give mango a hard time anyway.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Not to speak for him but I think darc retired XD
Someone said that I retired on reddit.

Made me sad.

=(

That said I want pp to win / feel like he deserves it just based on personal experience. Realistically anything can happen because none of them is a Mango tryhard so I wouldn't bet money on any given person :awesome: (cept maybe pp because he'd feel bad if I lost money because of him <333).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom