• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
tbh i'm kind of annoyed. my preparation is always getting ***** by a pool change. why did they take ME out of the pool at least :(

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You know that one troll face?

That happy one with the tears?

Yea.

Nicole

Smash Champion
yeah what kb said anti.
geez....
how good do you think i think i am?

anyways,
i'll MM you seagull man (if you dont play like a total ****** like i've heard you do sometimes). i might MM anti if he wants to also but i have to see how much i win of the other MM's i do.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm also kinda jealous you got Riddle in your pool as well Red. I've been waiting to take a crack at the best of the best in that MU since I like it so much.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
frakin frak i cant frakin wait for whobo 3

nicole i went even against riddle in friendlies, you can handle him.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
yeah what kb said anti.
geez....

anyways,
i'll MM you seagull man (if you dont play like a total ****** like i've heard you do sometimes). i might MM anti if he wants to also but i have to see how much i win of the other MM's i do.
Sounds good and I don't know what you mean.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yeah what kb said anti.
geez....

anyways,
Looooool i was just asking.

But sure :) @ the MM

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Hmmmmm.... how to help...... From past experience...

Kyon, TKO=Falco from MDVA. From what I remember, he isn't bad
PK, Pika is a pika (duh) who I think doesn't like to approach. Also 22 is a decent Snake
KB, Anti is Anti (I've done best against his mk at PS1 and YI, so if you're good there then it might be worth it.... your choice) and Luckay is a wifi Pit who does surprisingly well in ladder even though I don't think he's that good
Cook, SSR is good, but he becomes a lot worse if he's forced to approach

Good luck people!!! If I can make it on Sunday, then I'll be cheering you all on from the sidelines. If not, I'll be watching the stream

:D
Oh, aight, I see you. :cool:

Edit: btw you're in VA and not going to this yet I'm the one with the wifi label? Anyone can do well in ladder, its full of lag lol.

Cook

Smash Master
yo ill
i lost to r!ddle :/

but i beat es@m and s3ibr!k

pools r up for anyone who wants to look

THIS IS NICOLE!

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I wanted to, but I had a band competiton on saturday.

I went yesterday, and I entered the amateur buy-in tourney jusy for lulz. I won 3 matches 2-0, lost to a wario because I wanted the kill too badly (1-2, last game extremely close), 2-1'd a pit, and then I had to go cuz of my parents. Not sure how well I would've done if I stayed (my next opponent was a free win), but I think I could've gotten at least top 5 or something. idk

Beating S3!br!k was fun tho xD

Nicole

Smash Champion
@ill, es@m & seebrick were both $5 MMs, the first two with ES4M were close (i won first, he won 2nd), the last one i beat him pretty solidly though he made a scary comeback %-wise and i couldnt land the kill, but then i did. seabrk i 2-0'd, beat him on smashville and frigate. the frigate one was close and i got a lucky edgehog (but so did he with dimensional cape - dumb). i dont remember how close the smashville one was, i dont think it was too close tbh.

llod beat him 3-2 as well.

30:70 matchup imo :troll:

llod is the best. he plays the mk matchup the right way but he is more patient than i am. what a great peach. i was so impressed with him and i wish he could go to offline tourneys.

was a super fun tournament.

i played alot of MMs and lost most of them, haha. i need to be more patient. i am really bad about that. but i was really happy to make bracket and all my recorded matches are close and not embarrassing (except the last one with p0ltergu$t). plus i learned a couple new tricks from other peaches (fastfalling my SH aerials from peachkid and grabbing when they're at kill % from raz) which i will implement into my game. i'm glad i was able to go and i should be able to continue to improve if i remember to be patient. and i only raged once!

the party/adventure time on sunday night was epic too.

z00ted

mikey ?????, nicole 2-0, llod 3-2

llod > mikey > nicole > ? > ? > ? > ? > ? > ? > Illmatic

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Come on, Nicole. That first match against me in bracket was extremely close. Sure, the 2nd match somehow went worse, but it was still a very good set. ^_^

z00ted

oh ****!

poltergust name searches 0s and $s!!!!!!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
just got home.

but yah, that was fun.

every1 got better too so that was cool.

but screw smash for now, so tired.

and lol@nicole beating 3s4m after bugging me a couple times to do it.

at least u did it yourself haha.

maybe i'll try at genesis or sumtin lol

edit: and mah little laundry list of stuff ima work on post-pound i guess

- RAR'd bair and bair to beat strong jabs or other quick moves. Get really quick with this. It's annoying when jabs from Snake/Ike/Lucario/etc. just stop the process of a dair/fair/nair before they even come out or in nair's case, before it gets a chance to reach. Buffered bair has been a pretty reliable answer to this problem though.

- Camping with AC fair. Watching Llod makes me realize that fair really isn't my style and that I even have a hard time not falling on my belly with it because I float fair so seldomly. Good tool that I gotta use.

- Dash shielding. I get hit sometimes when I wanna run away and I don't really shield. Shield dash stuff should solve my problems.

- Empty hop/float to grab. If they are already shielding then don't attack and just land to grab or delay and **** their shield. I play on reaction a lot so it makes sense for me to add "not doing ****" as part of my reactions.

- Learn gimmicks with Peach that'll destroy shields or pressure shields safely. I'm sure I'll come up with gay **** but I noticed that a ton of my stuff is off of reads or just spur of the moment inspiration. I think it'll be way gayer and more consistent if I plan this ****.

- Also should learn the free-pull. It's a good gimmick and there's a ton of time before the next regional I attend anyway, I got this.

- Learn the airdodge dash attack slide along the ground out of hitstun (Vex will make a video, it's pretty cool)

- Try to approach with jab sometimes as a mix-up.

- Be faster! I can react quickly but in general it's my style to kinda just kick back til I get my opening. Not that that's bad or anything but more speed, more tech skill, and more control will probably open up a ton more options for me and spark some more creativity.

- Jab-jab to jab back-air or nair. Well, back-air is safer so yeah, back-air.

- Super frame trap the air w/ full hop dair to another aerial to possibly a float or whatever or landing bull****. Idk, I just gotta keep trying stuff.

- 2-0 everybody, no matter what, even if it means cp'ing characters that are gay vs their character or gay on their cp. I don't need anymore people making 3rd game comebacks. Happened like 3 times in the last month or so and twice at Pound. >_<;

- Get good at Peach dittos. Jk, **** that, Snake all day, dittos are way too hard haha.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Or I just check the most recent posts when skimming through the character boards to see if anything is interesting. >_>

ok damn, i was gonna say...
i thought i hid it pretty well.

i just played alot worse the 2nd set, i was too impatient and kept approaching you. i mean i guess i didn't get ***** or anything but it would have been nice to have another close game.

i definitely wasn't mad to lose to you though, you are way too good.

Nicole

Smash Champion
@ afro yeah i'm going to whobo, i hope you are going too?
@ tofer - yeah the matches got saved, idk when they will go up though. should be on youtube with commentary maybe?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It's already on Youtube. No commentary, though, since there wasn't anyone actually doing commentary for our match. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom