• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V: Why aren't you going to be there? *CANADA EDITION*

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Yes, yes, we know. You're already preparing the list of JOHNS of why you can't be there. I've heard it all before. You don't have a ride. You don't have money. You have school. You have court that day. You don't have a credit card.

Well guess WHAT! None of those excuses are going to fly with me! I want to hear why YOU aren't going to be at *Pound* V, and I'm going to happily tell you why that isn't a good reason. If you have a completely legitimate reason that I can't find you an option for (Family/Church stuff would be an acceptable reason), then that's ok, but for everyone else, I'm going to prove why your reasoning is bad.

Oh and by the way! I'm not just here to prove why it's bad, but to help accommodate you in any way possible! If you haven't noticed, I'm EXTREMELY arrogant but also helpful. I would love nothing more than for you to be there. This will be a new and amazing experience unlike anything you've seen.

So have at me.

(LOL Copy pasted from tantalus cuz he mad racist with teh canadians)

So I'm the head of this now!

-Googs

Smash Lord
Canadian support. I don't want to go alone....If we had a group of us going and we organized a room for cheap and took the same bus, i'd go, We should all have money from CHRISTMAS. so I don't see why Canada shouldn't go. This tourney is on my winter break too, I don't know about other schools though

AllyKnight

Canadian support. I don't want to go alone....If we had a group of us going and we organized a room for cheap and took the same bus, i'd go, We should all have money from CHRISTMAS. so I don't see why Canada shouldn't go. This tourney is on my winter break too, I don't know about other schools though
I am going, this man is right you have no excuses of not going ask money for christmas, bus together, ?????, POUND 5.

Sanu

Smash Champion
ROFL at assuming every family gets Christmas money xD.

seriously guys cmon.
this

regardless, i already registered... like 4 months ago! should be fun. we gon get crunk rite n good allyot

sauc3

Smash Lord
i assume this thread isn't tailored to me because i AM going to be there, as I have been going to OoC tourneys for years, why stop now. :)

AllyKnight

i assume this thread isn't tailored to me because i AM going to be there, as I have been going to OoC tourneys for years, why stop now. :)
This thread doesn't concern you then!

school and stuff
Why miss Pound 5, the LAST POUND of all time, when you can miss one day of school and not be punished, you could be doing homework in your plane, or anywhere else think about it, don't let Canada down bro, ESP THE MELEE SIDE BECAUSE Brawl is all me these days.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
why dont you just go if everything lines up perfectly for yourself?

can garuntee other canadians will fidn therier own way their, and you will likely even be able to room with them. but not going on the basis that you simply dont want to TRAVEL by yourself is silly. once you arrive, canadians will be there for sure.

unless you're really young or something.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Trip already planned, tickets already payed for a trip to some island in the south. Can't recall the name right now because I am about to fall asleep(in class). I swear if it was any other week I would have gone though. If you manage to postpone the tourney by 1 week, il go.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
i plan on having pink eye that weekend and also maybe spraining/jamming my thumb(s) during basketball

id love to go but sometimes things are just unavoidable...

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Because I totalled my car, lost my full-time delivery job, am getting evicted and don't have any money or anything of value to sell.

But on the real, I can flip my green situation...and easily have enough money by February.
And I'm from Skatchewaan, so why would I even go?
No johns peeps.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Unfortunately I will be hosting a "big" (not anymore cause of this) tourney on sunday feb 20th cause I also wanted to abuse the family day holiday and that is the only good date i can get at my place.

I apologize to all who are going to this, but then again you guys are going to have waaaay more fun.

nvm

Smash Apprentice
Guard has me chained up in his basement guarded by Yiff Guardians. Every time I move they go crazy and yell YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Why miss Pound 5, the LAST POUND of all time, when you can miss one day of school and not be punished, you could be doing homework in your plane, or anywhere else think about it, don't let Canada down bro, ESP THE MELEE SIDE BECAUSE Brawl is all me these days.
That's Why I'm Going!!!! =D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Ok, here's a question: Will it have a legitimate 64 tournament?
there will be like 600 people there. if you will come i will work on isai coming and boom, legit 64 tournament with at least 50 entrants, probably more

Anth0ny

Smash Master
im really gonna try. done school by that time, so school isn't the problem. it is, and always has been, my parents not wanting me to go because it's "too far". blah.

my plan is to say im going up to my friend's cottage for the weekend, then just fucking go to pound. anyone that's going live near vaughan? i shotty a spot in that car =P

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
talk to others and make some plans!! you definitely wont want to miss it.... most hyped grand finals of all time for brawl...calling it now

and LOL@ gichan posting that link in a pound thread gtfo rudeass plug ur tourney somewhere else

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo wtf? I am showing mad respect to your tournament EVERY post I have put about my tournament. For god's sake there's even an apology in the thread loool.

You'll have the numbers man don't worry lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
pff i know i will but you still shouldnt really ever post your thread of a tournament on the same day in another persons hypebuilding thread imo.

just my opinion i suppose :p

Gichan

Smash Champion
yeah yeah niko-clone. God **** you two look too ridiculously alike. Good opinion, I broke the rule, umad combo?

Top Bottom