• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V: Why aren't you going to be there?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yes, yes, we know. You're already preparing the list of JOHNS of why you can't be there. I've heard it all before. You don't have a ride. You don't have money. You have school. You have court that day. You don't have a credit card.

Well guess WHAT! None of those excuses are going to fly with me! I want to hear why YOU aren't going to be at *Pound* V, and I'm going to happily tell you why that isn't a good reason. If you have a completely legitimate reason that I can't find you an option for (Family/Church stuff would be an acceptable reason), then that's ok, but for everyone else, I'm going to prove why your reasoning is bad.

Oh and by the way! I'm not just here to prove why it's bad, but to help accommodate you in any way possible! If you haven't noticed, I'm EXTREMELY arrogant but also helpful. I would love nothing more than for you to be there. This will be a new and amazing experience unlike anything you've seen.

So have at me.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
my arms got blown off
Grow new ones. Piccolo can do it.

my arms got blown off
Mocking isn't cute.

my **** got blown off
Guess you don't have anything to do with your hands then except play melee/brawl then.

im not real
This can be corrected! Simply exit the 4D world and return to reality.

i'm ****ing your mother instead
so THAT'S what that commotion was last night... Well at least you're not inducing Carpal Tunnels on yourself. Now you have plenty of wrist and hand strength to play smash.

I'm a rebel
No you're not, because Rebels actually don't say they are rebels. Rebel's are also known for getting what they want no matter what, which means you are the kind of person that could win *Pound* V.

i cant go because I'm too busy blowing people's arms off
Well, then you should have plenty of spare arms to be practicing with.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
lol @ these answers

To give you a more serious answer, Tantalus, I'm sure a lot of NC players (and the Atl South in general) want to go to Pound, myself included. It's just that we need to get a ton of **** straightened out, like who's riding with who, clearing our schedules for that weekend, etc.

Sometimes that just doesn't get done until........a month before tourney time. Overall, don't worry, because you'll more than likely see a bunch of us there.

V1CE

Smash Champion
My entire family died in a plane crash last night and well i have 48 funerals to attend within the next 4 monthes so I will not be around. I might kill myself by time of the tourney too so i doubt i can make it. Also i am wanted by the FBI on there most wanted list and I am to be killed on site if I dont return to Alcatraz Prison by time of the exact date of pound V.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
dont look at me. I have to use my money I would have had for #5 to pay off a loan ahead of time

T0NE

Smash Apprentice
Because i have to talk to the cleaning lady on Monday. Because i'll be pulverized in 2 seconds. And the cleaning lady......she cleans up......dust. She dusts.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
lol @ these answers

To give you a more serious answer, Tantalus, I'm sure a lot of NC players (and the Atl South in general) want to go to Pound, myself included. It's just that we need to get a ton of **** straightened out, like who's riding with who, clearing our schedules for that weekend, etc.

Sometimes that just doesn't get done until........a month before tourney time. Overall, don't worry, because you'll more than likely see a bunch of us there.
Make it happen!

Not good enough, wont get my moneys worth..
(lol this will be good?)
You won't? We specifically thought of players like you when designing *Pound*. That's what the buy-in brackets are for. You can have a chance to win money and do well with players that you aren't separated too far from in the skill gap.

My entire family died in a plane crash last night and well i have 48 funerals to attend within the next 4 monthes so I will not be around. I might kill myself by time of the tourney too so i doubt i can make it. Also i am wanted by the FBI on there most wanted list and I am to be killed on site if I dont return to Alcatraz Prison by time of the exact date of pound V.
I'm sorry for all 48 losses. I actually know an FBI agent, maybe we can work a deal to allow you to go to *Pound*.

dont look at me. I have to use my money I would have had for #5 to pay off a loan ahead of time
200-300 bucks isnt' gonna pay off a loan. But let me know if I can help out.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I got pissed off by the lack of planning in August :p
I wanted to get that shiz done then. x.x

EDIT: I actually got Plank to give me a refund, that's how *****y I was xP

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I got pissed off by the lack of planning in August :p
I wanted to get that shiz done then. x.x
Still plenty of time! :p

If you can convince my parents to trust the smash community, I would love to go.
I can write them a letter, notarized if you really would like. I can send them an email, make a phone call, anything that can help. I work with youth as a side job so I'm used to talking to parents not just in the guardian sense but also in the smash sense.

Also Tant... you have to pay me 600,000 bucks to pay for my bail so the fbi will stop chasing me... shall i tell you where to wire the money?
Make sure you send it through a secure web page.

Top Bottom