• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power moves in Brawl i.e. Ganondorf hits

volbound1700

Smash Master
I was wondering what the community here would think of this idea:

In Brawl certain hits require a second or so to charge up before hitting such as Ganondorfs B > smash or Marths sword charge to the side smash.

I always thought that these charges should be unblockable. I think certain power hits should be able to hit even with the dodge/shield moves. I believe Ganondorf would have been a more usable character had this rule been implimented.

What do you think, is this idea trash or a good idea?

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
So a match between 2 Ganons spamming Warlock Punch is what you want?
Like ganon spamming Warlock Punch is hardly going to work. Even with these types game change, it takes way too long to set up. He is still hittable out of it. This only only force people to space the punch or simply jump over it. Heck, a dodgeroll to the other side would work easily.

They should not only make the hit unblockable or avoidable, but give it heavy armor or allow it to be cancelled in way. Another idea is to set it up some how that the move is unpunishable after the setup.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
A frame of invincibility wouldn't have hurt but then again that would be banned ant not work in his favor.

:phone:

volbound1700

Smash Master
It could work in some matches and against comps. Your right it will still be slow and chars could hit him while charging.

NNID
Budget_Player
So a match between 2 Ganons spamming Warlock Punch is what you want?
In Brawl-, Warlock punch can either do 666% (breaking your shield in one hit and setting you up for the instant kill on the next hit) or fire a gigantic, unblockable, slow-moving multihit projectile of doom.

And yet, for some reason, this is not a real problem.

And for some odd reason, I really don't think that this would be a real problem in vBrawl either.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
In Brawl-, Warlock punch can either do 666% (breaking your shield in one hit and setting you up for the instant kill on the next hit) or fire a gigantic, unblockable, slow-moving multihit projectile of doom.

And yet, for some reason, this is not a real problem.
Darn, now I need to think up something even better for Troll Brawl.

Top Bottom