• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pownz Presents: December DECIMATION! Dec 19, Hamilton Ontario

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
If we get more then 50 ppl, pownz should add that money to the pot and then pay out the top 6 :bee:

I need support for this, who else like that idea?
nonononononononononononononononoonononononononononononononono....

You won't get top 6 anyways why are you requesting this?

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Payouts might look like this if we do top 6 pay out and get the minimum requirements for the extra $100 (so $600 dollars).

Payouts
1st - 40% - $240
2nd - 25% - $150
3rd - 15% - $90
4th - 10% - $60
5th - 5% - $30
5th - 5% - $30

Payouts
1st - 60% - $360
2nd - 30% - $180
3rd - 10% - $60

RXS
Pownz Competition Master
I don't like how 3rd place makes more money if its split 6 ways, and first place loses 120 dollars...

In all 6 man splits, first place always gets 50 %, its a fact, 2nd gets 25 3rd gets 10 4th gets 5 5th gets 2.5 and 2.5.

I don't know where this 40 % stuff is coming from, first place should automatically get twice as much money as 2nd, every American would agree with me on this.

ADHD back me up on this!

ADHD

Smash Hero
Dat's dat name searchin' yo!

It shouldn't be top 6 if it's only 50 people... honestly top 3/4 should only get paid at this event.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Dat's dat name searchin' yo!

It shouldn't be top 6 if it's only 50 people... honestly top 3/4 should only get paid at this event.
There you have it. :)

And to jasuke, I'm teaming with Joe, he's pretty much my perma partner, followed by hype.

RXS.POWNZ

Smash Rookie
I don't like how 3rd place makes more money if its split 6 ways, and first place loses 120 dollars...

In all 6 man splits, first place always gets 50 %, its a fact, 2nd gets 25 3rd gets 10 4th gets 5 5th gets 2.5 and 2.5.

I don't know where this 40 % stuff is coming from, first place should automatically get twice as much money as 2nd, every American would agree with me on this.

ADHD back me up on this!
I figured the whole point of given top 6 money was to give all 6 players their money back.

ie. if you got 6th place and travelled.. it still means you got nothing out of it and had to sink in money for a tournament.

I apologize i'm not savvy to how the smash community runs their tournaments, but i'll make note of it. If this is the way things are normally run then we can go with it. It's really the community who dictates which direction things go in.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Set-ups:
We have 4 T.V's and 3 wiis so setup-ups are needed if you do bring a setup we will give you a voucher to come to a Pownz Smash Night for free. At Smash nights we give out prizes and order in pizza for all our smashers. They start at 7:00pm every Friday and end usually around 11:30pm to 12:00am.
What do you consider 1 setup? 1 Wii/TV or 1 Wii & TV. Do we get 1 voucher per setup?

KingAce

Smash Ace
yo hype when will you know forsure if you can come to this?
also... ambrose mightt reach this :O ima try to convince him lol

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Can you PLEASE put the DATE IN THE TITLE!!!

My god, how do you expect randoms to show up if they don't know the date, needs to be on the title asap!

sauc3

Smash Lord
needs doubles partner...

signals iliad!

my kirbeh has gotten better from all the melee somehow. PLAI WIT MEEEE!

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I am bringing a Wii, extra controller, and myself of course.. To this intriguing tournament with TorontoHoe.

Accepting mms 2-5 dollars only, I have to buy some books so ima be really broke.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Brackets start at 6pm?

I'm not leaving halfway through my Pools again, that shit was ********.

Someone needs to give me a ride back, or I'm not coming. I won't be able to do so.

So, can I start making arrangements with Mississauga Smashers concerning carpooling?

RXS.POWNZ

Smash Rookie
Remember guys, the schedule there isn't set in stone. It's just a relaxed schedule to allow for more time depending on how many people show up. If pools are done early (which they probably will be) the schedule will just be adjusted.

Schedules for tournaments are always dynamic. It's just a rough outline. It's nearly impossible to tell how long a tournament is. It's just scheduled that way to give a rough idea of what the schedule will be like.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Well I just found out there's a local scrub tourney happening on the 18th at 9PM in Windsor during a LAN party so I'm gonna go to that and win for free, then I'm gonna come to this severely lacking in sleep - as is tradition for me attending tournaments.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Well I just found out there's a local scrub tourney happening on the 18th at 9PM in Windsor during a LAN party so I'm gonna go to that and win for free, then I'm gonna come to this severely lacking in sleep - as is tradition for me attending tournaments.
lol, i feel ya on that front,

also good news, bus strike may be over on monday so you may not have to drive into london to pick me up, ill keep ya posted.

Top Bottom