• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ruby IMO you'll get better if you main a low tier! AZ low tiers fo life!

jay kay haha stick with what ur good at!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I lost your respect because I have confidence in my skill and people like jpobs think I'm bad? It's w/e. I don't need the respect of a random anyways.
I was mostly trolling you.

I try to have a serious discussion and give valid points for my opinion (such as what makes falco > fox and why you should win the matchup)

but you respond with hostility "yeah your ****ing stupid"
Whats more instead of trying to discuss things, you ALWAYS use appeals to authority to back up your words arguments:
"Im good at this game because -insert namedrop of AZ top player- said so this one time" or "I can beat people who make brackets would make bracket at nationals" (baseless claim btw, this means nothing)

You're impossible to have a discussion with because you can't accept opinions contrary to yours without blatant hostility. You have a false sense of entitlement because you play with top players and live in the same state as famous players. Almost everyone on these forums plays with top quality players semi-frequently, but your the only one who brags about it like your special (or think we give a damn).

I don't actually care how good or bad you are, but pissing you off is way easier than trying to reason with you because you're impossible to deal with.

I didn't want to post because I don't want to turn PP's thread into a rubyiris thread, but it had to be said. I wont be responding to you after this so whether you respond or not is of no consequence.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
not even for genesis 2?

but yeah whenever we meet again we can mm
curfew johns. I'll have the money, but my dorm has a strict 10PM curfew. ****, in-city tourneys are going to be difficult for me. last tourney I wasn't eliminated from singles until like 11 pm or some **** lmao.

az sucks at being punctual.

for me to go oos, i'd have to somehow fly back to az and get to my dorm by 10 pm, then fly BACK oos.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

I try to have a serious discussion and give valid points for my opinion (such as what makes falco > fox and why you should win the matchup)

Whats more instead of trying to discuss things, you ALWAYS use appeals to authority to back up your words arguments:
"Im good at this game because -insert namedrop of AZ top player- said so this one time" or "I can beat people who make brackets would make bracket at nationals" (baseless claim btw, this means nothing)

You're impossible to have a discussion with because you can't accept opinions contrary to yours without blatant hostility. You have a false sense of entitlement because you play with top players and live in the same state as famous players. Almost everyone on these forums plays with top quality players semi-frequently, but your the only one who brags about it like your special (or think we give a damn).

I don't actually care how good or bad you are, but pissing you off is way easier than trying to reason with you because you're impossible to deal with.

I didn't want to post because I don't want to turn PP's thread into a rubyiris thread, but it had to be said. I wont be responding to you after this so whether you respond or not is of no consequence.
i can accept points contrary to my own, if they're correct. too bad you never back up YOUR claims, kiddo. can you even? i doubt it.

also fox ***** falco.

ruby is a lost cause, bro.
you're a lost cause too. you've never once backed up a single statement you have ever said.

stay free.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
PP i remember you saying that you think Fox beats falco and mango's fox is proof in pudding.

But at Pound V you won basically every game in that matchup right?
Has your opinion on the matchup changed then?
I started to think so, but then I played gayer Foxes. <.< I need to learn Falco's answer to more gay Fox things first, but yeah without Mango trying to play gayer vs me it's kinda hard to say. I might theory bros about it later.

Hopefully I'll respond with more helpful things soon lol. I'm kinda in the mood to write.
Hey PP just a reminder for you to go back to this discussion when you get the chance. I'm still interested in hearing how your thoughts might/might not have changed.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ah, thanks! I'm about to go play Melee with Twitch atm =p but later on tonight I'll most likely write a little about this(don't want to write this and the matchup thread stuff twice <.<). Sorry I forgot lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
In theory it seems like Falco can win the laser battle from far away forcing Fox to move around on platform and stuff but at the same time it seems Fox would be looking for an opening.. so the keep away battle turns into the first one to make a spacing mistake, correct? So Falco to me really has to pick moments where he can attack safely and start combos eventually and not just spam random lasers hoping to hit Fox, it's more like baiting Fox to do a move where you know he'll do. I don't know the exact details to punish effectively but that's how I feel it should be. Idk, to me playing a gay Fox I think I would go with this strategy in general.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
In theory it seems like Falco can win the laser battle from far away forcing Fox to move around on platform and stuff but at the same time it seems Fox would be looking for an opening.. so the keep away battle turns into the first one to make a spacing mistake, correct? So Falco to me really has to pick moments where he can attack safely and start combos eventually and not just spam random lasers hoping to hit Fox, it's more like baiting Fox to do a move where you know he'll do. I don't know the exact details to punish effectively but that's how I feel it should be. Idk, to me playing a gay Fox I think I would go with this strategy in general.
thats the general strategy, but it's super hard to go about it consistently throughout the course of the set.

it's easier to fight puff and peach than gay fox players. at least falco has the benefit of actually being a better character when it comes to puff and peach lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
thats the general strategy, but it's super hard to go about it consistently throughout the course of the set.

it's easier to fight puff and peach than gay fox players. at least falco has the benefit of actually being a better character when it comes to puff and peach lol.
So you're saying its hard to do a solid strategy and that a smart and technically proficient fox is hard to beat? Before you said that you are better than these people yet they beat you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
So you're saying its hard to do a solid strategy and that a smart and technically proficient fox is hard to beat? Before you said that you are better than these people yet they beat you.
Um, I never said they beat me. I said I struggle with them, but I still win.

Why do people always misinterpret the content of my posts? Are PP, Drugged Fox, and Umbreon the only people on SWF who can read a post for what it is and not try harder to look for some deep meaning that isn't even there?

Yes, it's difficult to execute said strategy versus patient foxes FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. This is also why I said I find it easier to fight puff and peach using the same general strategy.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My ganon struggles with spacies/Sheik and any good players.. but that doesn't mean i lose to them pretty much. Pretty ******** trolling imo.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Kage is covering the point I'm trying to make. Just because something is difficult to do, doesn't mean I'm LOSING.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ruby u get salty about a lot of stuff! have fun, play the game, strive, win!

kage's posts ****

even tho i still have that grudge vs him and wanna get my vengeance set for getting tapped at genesis. i got much better and have that bizzarro flame practice!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
ruby u get salty about a lot of stuff! have fun, play the game, strive, win!

kage's posts ****

even tho i still have that grudge vs him and wanna get my vengeance set for getting tapped at genesis. i got much better and have that bizzarro flame practice!
I wouldn't get so salty if people would just take my posts at face-value. It would really save everybody a lot of grief.

also I do have fun, even if it looks like i'm all business. if i didn't enjoy smash i wouldn't be trying so hard, now wouldn't i?

;3

unknown522

Some guy

lol, tristan gettin off.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha aight aight. maybe its the things u post that make ppl react a certain way. but its all good, we all just gotta be honest and keep learning.

i just wanna talk about ics vs falco matchup now

but i dont have much to say cuz i already discussed it in this thread with pp/fly

and havent learned much more bout the matchup cuz havent played it in a while.

i wanna play zhu

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ic's? yes.

kohaku hisui ALL DAY.

dash attack on falco, u better wish theres a platform to tech on! *tech chase hand off*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So......vs Fox.

I've started to feel like fighting Fox for Falco is like some puzzle. Fox can make the puzzle really hard to figure out, but there are only so many ways Fox can make the puzzle(defensive/offensive/etc) so you can have an idea of what to look for. Thing is, because Fox is so fast and can be so tricky(hard to read in that case) the matchup in any given set is trying to figure out where Fox is going to go. If you can read him, then you win. If you can't or he changes things up a lot midway through, then you could lose. Character to character, I still feel Fox wins, but no one has pushed Fox to the point of careful mixups and maintaining a quick enough speed with him yet. People tend to only have one or the other(or sometimes both but in insufficient amounts).

I think before I used to get overwhelmed by Fox's speed. Now, I can watch him and figure him out, but it takes a good while. Remen, a slower Fox main, was able to keep me confused for a good while despite his decreased movement speed overall just by moving when I had to move or moving in such a way that put a great strain on Falco's capability to catch Fox while staying safe. I asked him about the matchup while we were playing, and he said "Fox wins, Fox is too fast for Falco." Now, I did figure things out and begin to solidly win, but that took a long time. Whether it was me, or the matchup itself causing this difficulty in adaptation for me, I'm not sure, which is why my knowledge of this matchup has come far but isn't complete yet.

Falco is pretty good at throwing Fox off of him though. Fox, to get in, has a lot of hard maneuvers in front of him. However, baiting an approach out of Falco is relatively easy and is what most Foxes do. It's just that part of the puzzle Falco has to figure out. Falco can't really camp Fox because I feel like Fox would get in on him as Falco would have to be somewhat predictable in his timing/spacing to keep Fox away, and even then the rewards wouldn't be that great. Instead, Falco would have to maybe lure Fox in closer sometimes and then strike as Fox landed uncomfortably(as from a DJ or something). Aggressively, Falco could control the middle and gamble on Fox's landing positions and see how he could exploit them to create combos, but this is typically harder because Fox has platforms which create a loooooot of DI and jump timing tricks that Falco has to be quick to follow. That isn't to say that they can't be followed, but it takes time to figure out each puzzle, so there's no "best" way to punish Fox doing these things I think. It's very intuitive and changing all of the time, a dynamic form that just naturally comes around when two popular characters fight each other. Maybe I can break this part down to a science, but right now I can't. I'll get back to you on that if I can, though.

I rambled a lot probably. My b.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
cool stuff, I like your analysis

i personally think falco vs fox is the most even matchup in the game

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
They both punish harder on FD(I think Fox punishes harder than Falco in general but on FD for sure) so it's whatever to me then. Fox could mess up a little more but a CG gives him momentum back and evens the match out at the least.

I still don't think lasers control the matchup THAT much. Maybe a decent amount on FD but not really anywhere else.

Evens out on FD if you look at it like that imo, even though I don't enjoy Fox there usually anymore lol.

D

Deleted member

Why do people always misinterpret the content of my posts? Are PP, Drugged Fox, and Umbreon the only people on SWF who can read a post for what it is and not try harder to look for some deep meaning that isn't even there?
to be fair, sami (druggedfox) and I share theory almost daily, so it's basically like talking to the same person. Except he's a sand nigger. get ***** sami. lol. oh, and he's somewhat good at melee, unlike my rusty ass haha.

I'll convert kevin is due time. he doesn't have enough stored inner bitterness to be in my small group of personal confidants lol.

I'll add more fox stuff tomorrow after my test. I think you got most of it though.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i tend to think FD is generally in fox's favor, but everywhere else is flat even.

I think Falco is weakest in this matchup when he's in the process of firing a laser. its at that point where all of his usual defensive options (cc shine, bair, uptilt) are useless to him. If the fox can squeak in a nair/dair or running (power)shield->nair to shine and gets a knock down, its bad news for falco. this strategy works on all stages but FD in particular makes it a pain because Fullhop->move becomes more applicable due to absence of plats. plus chaingrabs...yea.

Top Bottom