• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
PP, what is the best display of Falco play that you've ever seen? Like, the way that person was playing (it's okay, you can count yourself ;D) was according to you the most solid Falco play up to date. Whether it was just for the time being, like someone was just on a sick roll, or during a whole tournament. Recorded or not, friendlies or not.
They're rare and hard to but, but if you do somehow end up finding videos of Lahti vs Matt07, you'll see that they do boast some of the highlest level matches of Falco you'll ever see.

Lahti mains Falco and Matt07 plays Marth/Peach, and he'll sometimes pull out Falcon/Shiek/Falco. The Falco dittos are so **** to watch.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Barring playing against the highest level players in the nation

what do you think is the fastest way to improve as a player?

I'm starting to doubt just playing as much as you can, after a certain point.

It might just be me though, I think I would do better to study and analyze my (or others) matches, draw a lot of ideas, and hone them individually on my own time, then test them against other players.

Find out how certain players get baited, maybe some predictable patters they have, spot dodges, OoS actions, things like that, make notes of all those things and then play against people, cause when I'm in a match...idk, I just find it hard to do all that actively in a match, maybe it would be easier if I went in with a # of options to be on the look out for
Yeah I learned like that as well. I couldn't figure a lot out during a match so I just learned everything someone could do and learned how to react to all of it so I wouldn't be surprised when it happened to me.

Improving is multi-faceted though and can come from a variety of things. Maybe you need to play other characters because you don't understand enough of the cast or should apply some concepts of other characters to your own play. Maybe you should limit yourself without using a certain good move/tactic so you can learn to build your play up even without a good tactic so when you use the good tactic/move you are that much more intimidating. Maybe you need to analyze lots of situations and figure out how to beat them. This requires lots of thought and time but if you're willing to sit down and study everything it can be helpful. Maybe you need to develop your fighting game strengths, which I'm starting to believe is something more smashers could work on these days. Learn basic reading and conditioning skills, how to feint aggression and defense as well as how to capitalize on stage control. This can be learned from watching lots of videos or just thinking about the game and sort of coming up with your own fighting game "rules" and then testing them vs people.

You could also play people worse than you and learn new ways to combo.

Um if any of this sounds good just ask and I'll talk more about them I suppose. I was just throwing stuff out there haha.

fox's shine > dash attack > upsmash kill is basic flavor goodness.
Haven't seen that avatar since 07.

PP, what is the best display of Falco play that you've ever seen? Like, the way that person was playing (it's okay, you can count yourself ;D) was according to you the most solid Falco play up to date. Whether it was just for the time being, like someone was just on a sick roll, or during a whole tournament. Recorded or not, friendlies or not.
I.....honestly don't know haha. That's a really good question. I'm going to get on studying lots of Falco videos in the near future hopefully, so ask me that again in like a month or something haha.

Off the top of my head I'd guess Shiz in his prime that we didn't get to see a lot of, or Mango recently. I have more things I need to work out before I can give such a title to myself.

WTF

Jab is AMAZING
Yeah well I know that NOW lmao.

ILoveKe$sha

Smash Apprentice
So I have a question. Is Falco's wavedash different then everyone else's or somthing? I can wavedash consistently with every character but Falco, Ganondorf, DK, Peach, Bowser and its really really annoying especially since Falco is my 3rd best character even without it and I can't even imagine how good I would be if I could. I mean I'll randomly play any low tier and wavedash fine with no practice, but I've been playing Falco for years and still can't all the time....

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah. Since Falco stays on the ground longer than Fox before his actual jump comes out, you probably need to slow your inputs down a little.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
HEY PP YOU SCARED TO REPLY.

thats right. cause you got LIT UP BY MAH GANONDORF.

:dwam: :dwam: :dwam:

btw, what happened in our tourney set? i completely don't remember it at all. I'm sure it went fairly quickly, but did anything remotely interesting happen?

D

Deleted member

Haven't seen that avatar since 07.
i don't have my custom umbreon sprite on this computer,so i went back to the one i had before that.

and yeah ganon is pretty free for falco. gay bird feet and all.

D

Deleted member

im pretty happy to see the name Umbreon again. Didn't you have a custom postbit for a while?
yeah, i can't even pick a smash character under my name. i think i broke it, which frankly wouldn't be the first weird thing that's happened to my account:

1. being an admin and a mod at the same time
2. being banned and a mod at the same time
3. being kicked from user groups that i'm the leader of, so i added myself back in
4. reading a forum dispute complaint against me as an admin, aka it was sent directly to me
5. having modcp access while super banned
6. being super banned for being an adbot

my punishments are usually self-inflicted but also hilarious.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
HEY PP YOU SCARED TO REPLY.

thats right. cause you got LIT UP BY MAH GANONDORF.

:dwam: :dwam: :dwam:

btw, what happened in our tourney set? i completely don't remember it at all. I'm sure it went fairly quickly, but did anything remotely interesting happen?
Man I don't S to say to your trollin Ganon LOL.

Um I'm not really sure what happened in our set haha. I only remember our friendlies that involved me laughing the whole time and you wavelanding and getting hit by my troll uptilts lol.

Oh yeah that matchup thing......uh it's like the same as before lol. You had a couple cool DJ tricks but nothing super out of the ordinary there that would change a matchup that I recall.

D

Deleted member

way to take something awkward and somehow make it more awkward. it i had done that, i'd be proud of myself but since you did it i'm just confused.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well said kevin.

the friendlies were where it was at. DON'T ROLL LOLOLOLOL *rolls* *still doesn't react to punish* *FUUUUUU*

i need to play you more. you still do some typical falco stuff on rare occasion. i was like "oh, so retreating fair does still work on obvious nairs lol"

i'll **** you soon enough. come to my school boy. you'll get some learnin and some schoolin.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
well said kevin.

the friendlies were where it was at. DON'T ROLL LOLOLOLOL *rolls* *still doesn't react to punish* *FUUUUUU*

i need to play you more. you still do some typical falco stuff on rare occasion. i was like "oh, so retreating fair does still work on obvious nairs lol"

i'll **** you soon enough. come to my school boy. you'll get some learnin and some schoolin.
Lol aight pay for my gas ;)

Nah but really I'll be up that way eventually I'm sure.

*Productive/introspective post coming in a day or so.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Off topic question:

What's the next big national after Apex 2012?

Looking to make the first tournament I go to a big one :awesome: And since I won't be able to afford to go to RoM4 or Apex, the next one after Apex should give me enough time to save.

strawhats

Smash Master
Off topic question:

What's the next big national after Apex 2012?

Looking to make the first tournament I go to a big one :awesome: And since I won't be able to afford to go to RoM4 or Apex, the next one after Apex should give me enough time to save.
Well the only one I know about after Apex 2012, is a European tournament over the summer. Check the tourney listings for the name. Its suppose to be big.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I drink orange juice like it's my job.

You think I like getting *****? lol

Edit: knew I shouldn't have even said that LOL here it comes

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I drink orange juice like it's my job.

You think I like getting *****? lol

Edit: knew I shouldn't have even said that LOL here it comes
You can't **** the willing. If I go to Apex I want Falco dittos. If you don't accept I'm better than you!

Top Bottom