• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
No thats a little different Battlecow. You're talking about the difference between a scrub mentality and not. There are strategies that are valid in the rules and those that aren't; the way to judge them is based on their effectiveness. Anything other than that is scrubbish.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think that if you're a Falco main, honestly, any concept of honor flew out the window when you shot your first laser. The concept of "honor" as far as this game is concerned is dumb, anyways...

D

Deleted member

You have no idea what "play to win" means. It means that you have to stop using words like "honor"

:( for PP

Armada did not just win the title for undisputable best player in the world and champion, he also won me 1000 dollars from Battlecow, in a bet the ****** made with me.
Unfortunately this Battlecow is a lying little snake who refuses to admit that he agreed to the bet that he proposed, and won't give me my 1000 dollars. No respect at all, that's low even for a flopmerican.

you should stop using the word honor too ****ing ****** LOL.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
I think that if you're a Falco main, honestly, any concept of honor flew out the window when you shot your first laser. The concept of "honor" as far as this game is concerned is dumb, anyways...
Okay, the way I meant 'honorable play' was pretty much anything that isn't playing really gay. Might've been a bad choice of words.

I agree that when you're first starting to learn to play against falco, lasers can seem incredibly gay. But come on, nowadays we know our ways around them right? And if you learn to powershield 'em, you can even use the lasers against the bird.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Okay, the way I meant 'honorable play' was pretty much anything that isn't playing really gay. Might've been a bad choice of words.

I agree that when you're first starting to learn to play against falco, lasers can seem incredibly gay. But come on, nowadays we know our ways around them right? And if you learn to powershield 'em, you can even use the lasers against the bird.
This is what I mean. We gotta keep playing against gay **** until we find a hard counter to it which Puff has no chance against, just to be used in that matchup.

:phone:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
may not be posting much for a while.....too much stuff I'll have to read. I'd rather train anyway.

if I make any more big revelations and flesh them out well then I will certainly write about them.

javi is good, armada is good.

I'll probably go back and respond to some of these posts later on. thanks kk for making some of it fun to read at least <3
Where do you feel your skill level is amongst the top players now? What are your thoughts on Armada and Javi? Do you agree that Armada is the best player in the world now?

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
This is what I mean. We gotta keep playing against gay **** until we find a hard counter to it which Puff has no chance against, just to be used in that matchup.

I think that a counter like that would've been found by now though...
YL is a pretty hard counter and hbox had it coming, but yeah, melee suffers from it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

By "really gay" you mean "really good" right? Cause gay means good in the smash community. So why don't you like people doing really good strategies? Because they are "boring" or because they are hard to beat? All of this stuff is just scrub mentality. Everything has a weakness, and if you exploit it you can beat it. This is what separates good players from bad.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I think that a counter like that would've been found by now though...
YL is a pretty hard counter and hbox had it coming, but yeah, melee suffers from it.
I swear to god I will shoot one needle as Sheik and then illusion stall the entire game if I that's what it takes to beat Puff.

Then I will continue playing legit against everyone else.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
By "really gay" you mean "really good" right? Cause gay means good in the smash community. So why don't you like people doing really good strategies? Because they are "boring" or because they are hard to beat? All of this stuff is just scrub mentality. Everything has a weakness, and if you exploit it you can beat it. This is what separates good players from bad.
Yeah, ofcourse I mean really good. If you play gay and get ****ed up, no one would care.

I don't dislike those people as persons, but I don't respect their playstyle.
It's not because it's hard to beat that I dislike the playstyle. That would be like saying that anyone who's hard to beat, has a gay playstyle. Nah.
It's the way the match up has to be played to win that annoys me. If I have to face a campy puff in tourney, I'd be annoyed because I know the matches are gonna be hella lame. It's more of a test of patience than a good head-on fight, you know? As a fox, you can't complain too much but with falco it's a bit worse. Just having to wait and wait and get one hit and wait and laser again...
and mind you: I have NO problem with puffs that actually approach. I'm totally fine with playing those.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
I swear to god I will shoot one needle as Sheik and then illusion stall the entire game if I that's what it takes to beat Puff.

Then I will continue playing legit against everyone else.

Against a gay puff, I definitely agree. Too bad you can punish illusion stalling too lol

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
In that sense, Melee is more competitive than like Starcraft.

Cause in Melee, people are willing to camp their way to victory and do whatever the hell it takes.

But in Starcraft, nobody will like 4 Pool or Barracks Barracks Supply the finals of a tournament. (I'm talking about Brood War, perhaps the most well established e-sport in the world)

And I believe if you are close to frame perfect, you can't punish illusion stalling, as shown in SuperDoodleMan's Perfect Control series where he does it in the lava

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
In that sense, Melee is more competitive than like Starcraft.

Cause in Melee, people are willing to camp their way to victory and do whatever the hell it takes.

But in Starcraft, nobody will like 4 Pool or Barracks Barracks Supply the finals of a tournament.

And if you are close to frame perfect, you can't punish illusion stalling, as shown in SuperDoodleMan's Perfect Control series where he does it in the lava
Really? Amsah told me it wasn't safe because you can get edgehogged with the right timing

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Really? Amsah told me it wasn't safe because you can get edgehogged with the right timing
I know what you mean, since he does it with 4 Sheiks which means there's a period where you can grab the edge

but if you know the edgehog is coming, you could like nair and then run to the other side of the stage and keep doing it, right?

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
but if you know the edgehog is coming, you could like nair and then run to the other side of the stage and keep doing it, right?
well, you can fake out edgehogs and bait the nair. He told me that there's a spot you can stand, facing away from the ledge, where you just wavedash backwards after the illusion stall and you'll edgehog. As a spacie though. But yeah I think it'd work against jiggs, she'd have to float around the edge or something and you'd hit here more than she edgehogs you. however, when she edgehogs you and you have to upB onto the stage, that's a free rest.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
well, you can fake out edgehogs and bait the nair. He told me that there's a spot you can stand, facing away from the ledge, where you just wavedash backwards after the illusion stall and you'll edgehog. As a spacie though. But yeah I think it'd work against jiggs, she'd have to float around the edge or something and you'd hit here more than she edgehogs you. however, when she edgehogs you and you have to upB onto the stage, that's a free rest.
If Jiggs can't wavedash back and grab the ledge and has to float on the other side to grab, then I think it might work.

IMO don't up-B onto the stage. Like just when they start floating out there waiting for edgehog or trying to bait, just ledge hop bair onto the stage then run to the other side and keep doing it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium

Lmao scrubbiest thing I've read all day.
Lol, you guys. I guess I should put a "jk" after all of my non-serious posts, from now on. But seriously. If I have to sacrifice my honor in place of tournament winnings in the amount of 3K, then I will (that makes me sound like a bad person, though).

I don't actually think his lasers are that much of a problem, but that's cause I main Peach, so....yeah.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
If Jiggs can't wavedash back and grab the ledge and has to float on the other side to grab, then I think it might work.

IMO don't up-B onto the stage. Like just when they start floating out there waiting for edgehog or trying to bait, just ledge hop bair onto the stage then run to the other side and keep doing it.
oh yeah, that'd work. mad gay XD and make sure there's no 50 ledgegrab rule of w/e.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
oh yeah, that'd work. mad gay XD and make sure there's no 50 ledgegrab rule of w/e.
what 50 ledgegrab rule lol?

I mean like the main point isn't to win the match like that, it's to discourage gay Puff players the same way gay Puff players discourage others lol

and I think the only time you could get punished doing that is when you ledgehop bair and they outspace it and then try and hit you, but then you can buffer a roll just after you bair

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
Lol, you guys. I guess I should put a "jk" after all of my non-serious posts, from now on. But seriously. If I have to sacrifice my honor in place of tournament winnings in the amount of 3K, then I will (that makes me sound like a bad person, though).

I don't actually think his lasers are that much of a problem, but that's cause I main Peach, so....yeah.
that's dirty money tho :p

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
what 50 ledgegrab rule lol?

I mean like the main point isn't to win the match like that, it's to discourage gay Puff players the same way gay Puff players discourage others lol

and I think the only time you could get punished doing that is when you ledgehop bair and they outspace it and then try and hit you, but then you can buffer a roll just after you bair
Dunno, I heard Waffles say it in the Amsah vs Jman match back at pound 4 I think. Don't know anything about it, but it sounds plausible that there's a rule like that.
That match is a great example of what you just said by the way, Jman gays Amsah, then Amsah discourages him by outgaying him.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Dunno, I heard Waffles say it in the Amsah vs Jman match back at pound 4 I think. Don't know anything about it, but it sounds plausible that there's a rule like that.
That match is a great example of what you just said by the way, Jman gays Amsah, then Amsah discourages him by outgaying him.
I hate Jman so much lol

Jman must be so pissed that someone he beat in the USA vs World crew battle beat someone he can never beat

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Like I said a long time ago, the only reason you guys think it's gay it's probably because you are not able to handle that kind of situation... there's ALWAYS an answer to anything that is being thrown at you, perhaps some people aren't willing to challenge it but that's your fault not the apparent "gayness". lol.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
Like I said a long time ago, the only reason you guys think it's gay it's probably because you are not able to handle that kind of situation... there's ALWAYS an answer to anything that is being thrown at you, perhaps some people aren't willing to challenge it but that's your fault not the apparent "gayness". lol.
Yeah, ofcourse I mean really good. If you play gay and get ****ed up, no one would care.

I don't dislike those people as persons, but I don't respect their playstyle.
It's not because it's hard to beat that I dislike the playstyle. That would be like saying that anyone who's hard to beat, has a gay playstyle. Nah.
It's the way the match up has to be played to win that annoys me. If I have to face a campy puff in tourney, I'd be annoyed because I know the matches are gonna be hella lame. It's more of a test of patience than a good head-on fight, you know? As a fox, you can't complain too much but with falco it's a bit worse. Just having to wait and wait and get one hit and wait and laser again...
and mind you: I have NO problem with puffs that actually approach. I'm totally fine with playing those.
10charsssss

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
may not be posting much for a while.....too much stuff I'll have to read. I'd rather train anyway.

if I make any more big revelations and flesh them out well then I will certainly write about them.

javi is good, armada is good.

I'll probably go back and respond to some of these posts later on. thanks kk for making some of it fun to read at least <3
Don't get discouraged by the idiots/haters that don't know what they're talking about and keep on training hard as you've always done, I'm sure you'll get them next time xP
Also, placing 5th in a big tourney with such weird results/upsets is nothing to be ashamed of.

And LOL @ all the people complaining about Puff. If you guys put so much effort in the game, learning to play, instead of complaining, you would probably understand that Puff is very overrated. It's just HBox being better than most of his opponents, not his character. Stop hating and learn to play against Puff.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
Don't get discouraged by the idiots/haters that don't know what they're talking about and keep on training hard as you've always done, I'm sure you'll get them next time xP
Also, placing 5th in a big tourney with such weird results/upsets is nothing to be ashamed of.

And LOL @ all the people complaining about Puff. If you guys put so much effort in the game, learning to play, instead of complaining, you would probably understand that Puff is very overrated. It's just HBox being better than most of his opponents, not his character. Stop hating and learn to play against Puff.
Not hating on puff. read more closely. I can actually kinda play the matchup.

Top Bottom