• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practicing Nair on Shield?

xChaos

Smash Cadet
i get that it is +1 on shield, but I for the life of me can not get the grab out before the other person. Is there any way of practicing this while being all alone with no friends?

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
you need to do it as late as possible for the frame advantage. i guess you could see about getting 20xx, which probably has some sort of cpu ai that would help with this, but that might be asking a bit much from you (i always screw up when trying to install it).

xChaos

Smash Cadet
over shoot the nair...aim for a cross up.
I'm able to do this, but this is all I am able to do on shield besides grab, really. I'd like to be able to take advantage of Nair's +1 as well, though. I'd like to be able to take advantage of all my options from neutral.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Things that can ease the frame window are to pick a higher port so if You grab the same frame You get it. Also i like to nair nair sometimes because nair hits frame 6 and You can pull back if they try to punish later. And it's not at terrible option if they cc sometimes.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Nair has to be fresh and late as possible and Lcancelled for the +1.
When it's stale, it's still +0 iirc, so that's when port priority comes into play.
Also keep in mind grab is frame 7, not frame 2, so nair->grab on shield just means you grab will come out a frame before theirs, so they can still buffer roll out.

Top Bottom