• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predict what Classic Stages will return

volbound1700

Smash Master
Will we get stages from 64, Melee, and Brawl or just Brawl?

My predictions:

Hyrule Temple - Melee
Dreamland Greenfields - Melee
Pokémon Stadium - Melee
Green Greens - Melee
Ornett - Melee
Pirate Ship - Brawl
Norfair - Brawl
Lylat Cruise - Brawl
Congo Jungle - 64
Yoshi Island - 64

I think this is a perfect blend, any other predictions that may happen?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If they are going to bring back any Melee stages, I suspect they'll pick some stages that weren''t in Brawl. Like the Fountain of Dreams, Great Bay, etc.

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly think that they will only bring back Brawl stages. In Melee they brought back some 64 stages. In Brawl they only brought back Melee stages. I could be wrong though. The only stage I want is Corneria. That is my favorite stage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
SSB64:
-Hyrule Castle
-Congo Jungle

SSBM:
-Corneria*
-Temple*
-Princess Peach's Castle
-Fountain of Dreams

SSBB:
-Halberd
-Spear Pillar
-Norfair
-Summit

*Corneria and Temple are must-have stages imo. Corneria has been in every game to date in some shape or form (called Sector Z in SSB64,) and Temple is just the general enormous stage where chaos can happen on the lower-level, inspiring the not-so-great New Pork City too.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
On Corneria I'd seriously prefer the Great Fox Sector Z sized.

At least bigger than it has been in Corneria, it feels sorta awkward in terms of scale with the characters currently.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
SSBM:
-Corneria
-Temple
-Pokemon Stadium
-Zebes

SSBB:
-Halberd
-Norfair
-Pirate Ship
-Delfino Plaza

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Based on Melee and Brawl they only seem to bring back stages from the previous game before it.
EXAMPLE: SSB stages on Melee and Melee stages on Brawl.

So more than likely we will only see Brawl stages in SSB4. The 5 Brawl stages I'd like to see are.....
1. Halberd (Kirby)
2. Green Hill Zone (Sonic)
3. Castle Siege (Fire Emblem)
4. Delfino Plaza (Mario Sunshine)
5. Luigi's Mansion (Luigi's Mansion)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Didn't Sakurai say something about Brawl stages perhaps not being brought back?

Also, I don't think its wise to tie yourself down to systems like "Only bring back stages from the immediate predecessor." Sakurai has proven time and time again that such correlations aren't what he bases his decisions on. I can easily see him bringing back the favorite from all 3 past games.

Whatever they do, I hope the visually revamp all classic stages to look as good as the new ones. While the old-looking graphics have some charm, it's probably one of the reasons why they didn't include 64 stages in Brawl: they look HORRIBLY disjointed in contrast to the player characters.

Plus I'm a sucker for seeing how people reinterpret old things to look new.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Maybe they'll remake the stages from SSB6, Melee and Brawl. Give them graphical updates and/or alter them slightly.

I'd like to see

SSB
Hyrule Castle
Mushroom Kingdom
Saffron City
Sector Z (I preferred this size to Corneria. That back drop isn't so important.)

SSBM
Peach's Castle
Temple
Kongo Jungle (Minus the DK Rap plz)
Fountain of Dreams
PKMN Stadium
Poke Floats (A new version maybe. Screw the haters. This stage was clever.)
Brinstar
Onette

SSBB
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Luigi's Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
All my custom stages. ;)

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I really hope nintendo does not limit themselves to only brawl stages because i can only think of a very small amount of good ones. Imo melee had the best stages and if they made the graphics fit ssb4 than the 64 stages would look amazing.
(im only choosing stages that havent previously been brought back)
64:
saffron city
Hyrule temple
sector Z
planet zebes

melee:
Fountain of dreams ( please nintendo)
Fourside ( again please nintendo)
Mushroom kingdom II
Great bay
Mute city

Brawl:
Delfino plaza
distant planet
pirate ship
yoshis island
halberd
spear pillar
(i would put smashville but the new one looks way to similar)

volbound1700

Smash Master
IMO, Brawl had the worse stages of the Smash series while 64 had the best. 64 stages had a lot of room to fight around and it was easy to see your characters. Melee had great stages but many of them were too small for 4 player battles. Most of the great Melee stages that did fit well did make it into Brawl but Brawl's regular stages were mostly terrible. I liked Pirate Ship, the Metroid stages, Distant Planet, and the Pokemon stages but most the rest were terrible.

The list I have above seems to be the ones I most want to come back. I do like Fountain of Dreams but I would prefer Green Greens over it even if the tree in it is very annoying.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Any one else in favor of bringing temple 64 back? It was my favorite stage besides for dreamland and sector z.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Mute City. If only because I just want that music in the game. It's so beautiful.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Any one else in favor of bringing temple 64 back? It was my favorite stage besides for dreamland and sector z.
I would support it but I have a feeling that Hyrule Temple beats it out. I love both of them actually. All of the 64 minus the Pokemon one were great to me. I would love that Peach Tower one to return.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
These are the ones I really want back.

SSB Melee:
Onette, my most wanted Melee stage to return
Temple, Best Zelda stage
Starfox the big starfox ship, don't remember the name.

SSB Brawl:
Pikmin Stage
Wind Waker Ship, only if Toon Link returns

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Mushroom Kingdom all day, erry day. Also Rainbow Cruise. That's the only scrolling level I can think of that's any fun besides perhaps Delfino Plaza.

Onette, my most wanted Melee stage to return
I love Onette, but I hope they recreate it. None of the buildings were where they were supposed to be. Now that I think of it, playing at the meteor site during the night would be pretty cool...

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mushroom Kingdom all day, erry day. Also Rainbow Cruise. That's the only scrolling level I can think of that's any fun besides perhaps Delfino Plaza.

I love Onette, but I hope they recreate it. None of the buildings were where they were supposed to be. Now that I think of it, playing at the meteor site during the night would be pretty cool...

I kind of like the SMB 1-1 level from Brawl although I wish they would lose the Desert scene and use the actual game colors.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
I know this is unlikely but they should add metal cavern from smash 64 aka where you fight metal Mario I think that would really cool.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I kind of like the SMB 1-1 level from Brawl although I wish they would lose the Desert scene and use the actual game colors.
It was alright. I think it would have been a lot more enjoyable if characters did not lose so much momentum when they jumped in to the air. Moving around was tedious.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I hated Battleship Halberd because it was too small and too many stage hazards. If they actually put you on the ship and made a level out of it, that would have been nice.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
I hated Battleship Halberd because it was too small and too many stage hazards. If they actually put you on the ship and made a level out of it, that would have been nice.
Yeah that would be alot better than what they did but it was still fun sometimes.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Just confirmed, Sakurai said that the only stages he'll bring back are the Temple stage from Melee and New Pork City from Brawl. Also, he says he's going to make both stages 100% larger and add more stage hazards to both, namely adding Tingle flying around the Temple stage using his Banana attack from his assist trophy in Brawl which makes everyone trip and adding two more Ultimate Chimeras to New Pork City which never leave.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Just confirmed, Sakurai said that the only stages he'll bring back are the Temple stage from Melee and New Pork City from Brawl. Also, he says he's going to make both stages 100% larger and add more stage hazards to both, namely adding Tingle flying around the Temple stage using his Banana attack from his assist trophy in Brawl which makes everyone trip and adding two more Ultimate Chimeras to New Pork City which never leave.
Source please?

CalumG

Smash Lord
Personally I'd want to see locations brought back from older games but not the stages themselves. As an example, Princess Peach's Castle is more relevant today than it's ever been, having showed up in the Galaxy series, every Mario Kart since Christ-knows-when, all the starting stages of NSMB games and Mario 3D Land/World; but its design, though similar enough on a surface level, has changed pretty significantly since Melee. The same could be said about many other stages - Mute City, Green Hill Zone, Whispy Woods/Green Greens, Yoshi's Island, Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Luigi's Mansion - they're all similar in the sense that they're some of the most iconic locations of their respective franchises but I would much prefer them to brand-new takes on these locations, not dissimilar to the way Peach's Castle was in both Smash 64 and Melee despite being two entirely different arenas.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if they released DLC packs of older Smash stages later down the line... whenever I see an old stage hacked into Brawl I'm just like "Why is Nintendo not making money off of doing this kind of thing?". Poll the fans, put their favourite 8 stages from each game into downloadable content packs, charge somewhere around ten dollars for each pack - it'd be a little bit cheeky of Nintendo but they'd make a decent sum of money off of it, and it'd keep people like us content. Win-win, amirite?

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Sweet I can't wait for that! XD

Top Bottom