• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions Thread!

caneut

Smash Ace
Never seen one of these here, maybe it will work. pls sangoku no tsundere close pls

For our first predictions, I submit Smash of Ages!

Entrants - 027
LAS | SotoH
LAS | Wookiee
SuPeRbOoMfAn
Mariguas
tacos
Koroshiyo | KeroKeroppi
Han Solo
TR3G | Near
Darkhorse
BarkSanchez
Smurf
Shears
QueLumsy
Godkiller
Abe
Milleneum
Chewi
Yee
Nalgas
Kyle Tree
Kurtie
Tmakk
Red Kirby
LAS | Madrush21
Kabal
Blondekid

Submit your top x for bragging rights.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
thanks for the thread cane.

im writing an article for miom about this tournament, and ill choose the top 8 list of some people to include a "predictions" section of the article.

if you have time, please include your reasoning for each player's placing (top 4 only, top 8 if you want).

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
assuming that isai and bane do not show:
1. Boom- pretty much undisputed best here
2. Tacos- i feel Tacos would have an edge over kero and mariguas as of now
3. Mariguas- I believe he 2-0'd kero at apex 2015 so i gotta give him the edge
4. Kero- potential to place anywhere from 2nd-4th. I don't think Tacos and Kero have ever faced off in bracket

huge skill gap between top 4 and top 8
5. Near- Amazing online player but his results have been shaky on console
5. Kyle Tree- i believe he beat Kabal in a local recently
7. Kabal- Arguably best samus main in NA. Also has a pocket pika. 5th is not out of the question
7. Shears- Has been doing better and better vs LD. could potentially make 5th

others who could possibly crack top 8: BarkSanchez, Sotoh, Han Solo, Blondekid

assuming isai and bane show
1. Boom
2. Isai- he goes all luigi and loses to boom similiar to apex 2012. luigi moves up 4 spots on tier list soon after
3. Tacos
4. Mariguas
5. Bane- even with kb adapter he under performs because of rust and he is not used to playing on console in front of a crowd
5. Kero
7. Near
7. Kyle Tree

Shears

Smash Master
For my predictions I think top 4/6 (if Isai and bane go) is pretty much set and the next couple spots, 5-8/7-13, I think will come down to how the bracket is seeded.

1. Boom
2. Mariguas
3. Kero
4. Tacos

5. Near
5. Kyle Tree
7. Shears
7. BarkSanchez
---------------------
9. Kabal
9. Sotoh
9. Solo
9. DarkHorse

I'm guessing kero gets the 4 seed, loses to boom, and mariguas beats tacos. Then in losers for their first time playing, kero beats tacos but loses to mariguas in LF with boom beating mariguas in GF.

For the rest I really think its a crapshoot with Near and Kyle Tree currently having the upper hand. I don't know how much Solo has been playing but I'm guessing he is rusty and gets upset by BarkSanchez somewhere in winners or losers. Kabal I think underperforms and loses to a pika somewhere. As we saw at Apex, Near lost to Cobr samus so if Kabal and Near meet I wouldn't be surprised if he loses to a samus again and loses to Solo and falls down to 9th with Solo breaking sheilds and getting 5th. I don't know exactly how good blondekid is other than a few bracket results and word of mouth so until I see him play he won't be in my list. Also, I don't see hero pie anywhere in the registration list but if he goes then he is another 5-13 candidate.

If Isai goes shift everyone down 1, and if bane goes I think he finishes behind tacos which would shift everyone behind that down 1.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Han Solo better get at least 5th. FOR MIDWEST!

too bad he'll proly b rusty and lose to a rando or something :(

caneut

Smash Ace
do people think there should be new threads for every tourny someone wants to do a prediction for? Or should each tourny just be added to this thread in a new post, and make this a continuing post or something?

Shears

Smash Master
do people think there should be new threads for every tourny someone wants to do a prediction for? Or should each tourny just be added to this thread in a new post, and make this a continuing post or something?
We have new threads for each tournament, and new housing threads for each tournament, and new shoutout threads, and new results threads, so why not do a new predictions thread?

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Weird that people still place Isai second to Boom if he were to show. If Isai used Pikachu (obviously it would NEVER happen) he'd easily place 1st in my opinion (or if he used any other top tier character).

Anyone else agree?

Last edited:

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Weird that people still place Isai second to Boom if he were to show. If Isai used Pikachu (obviously it would NEVER happen) he'd easily place 1st in my opinion (or if he used any other top tier character).

Anyone else agree?
I think the point is that he wouldn't go pikachu, so that's irrelevant.

Also agree with Koro, Falcon or Yoshi maybe, but his pika, kirby, or fox would win.

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
Let it be noted, Chewi is a player from Canada. We think it might be The Z and he is alting for extra hype. But I could be wrong

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
1. Las| Sotoh
2. Red Kirby
3. Kero (if he goes all kirby)
... I don't know who else is a kirby main so other than that it's just a crap shoot for me. Unless boom just goes Kirby. Also if Isai shows up and goes Kirby put him at 4th.

Sedda

Smash Champion
the article is ready and everything. tafokints just has to post it.

idk why they want a 64 article. its decent exposure tho

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
the article is ready and everything. tafokints just has to post it.

idk why they want a 64 article. its decent exposure tho
Should be posted so more people can watch LA_Smash

Also, Jaime was confirmed so who is getting 2nd in doubles, I assume Mariguas and Near but who else (as Tacos does not have The Z to team with)

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
jaime is going?? wtf people why doesnt anyone tell me these things.

the article should be going up today according to tafokints

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Hey Everyone,

Much appreciated to Sedda and crew for drafting the article. I wanted to give the 64 scene more exposure since I felt that a tournament like this should get some coverage. It would be criminal for a national like this to get zero, so once again, I hope the tourney goes well for you guys (I will be across town at Mayhem for Melee), and I hope that encourages you guys to cover big events and get more exposure.

Top Bottom