• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Preording at Gamestop

mukai013

Smash Rookie
This is the first time i've actually pre ordered (in January) a game at gamestop. Do they run on a first come first serve basis or do they hold the games in the back for you? and have many of you have pre ordered?

C Dawg009

Smash Cadet
If I'm not mistaken, they hold the game for you up to a week after its release. They will always have enough for reserving customers. Wouldn't running out kill the point of reserving the game? :laugh:

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered!

I'm pretty sure, they hold the game for you 2 days after its initial release. If you don't pick it up in those 2 days, they sell it.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure they make sure they have enough copies for all the people who reserved. And it may be different somewhere else, but they hold your copy of the game up to 2 days after the release. After that they're allowed to sell your copy.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I pre-ordered @ GameStop on 12/29 and will be picking my copy up at the midnight tourney if possible (both my local GameStops insist that they don't know if they're doing the tourney despite the fact that the list of participants has them both. Then again, these aren't exactly the two most well-managed/run stores, so...).

They are required to hold your pre-order for 48 hours after opening time on launch day. After that, I'm not sure what happens, although since it's a gray area it cannot be good.

kenkowtow

Smash Apprentice
When asking about this topic to my local Gstop, the clerk told me that the cut-off period was 03/05. After that date, they no longer guarantee copies.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
Pre-ordered way back in December. Anyway if you pre-order it without paying the whole thing off they hold your stuff for 2-days/1st come first serve, if you payed it off completely the stuff will be held for a week or more depending on space and is guarenteed to be there upon arrival. I think thats how it goes.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Pre-ordered way back in December. Anyway if you pre-order it without paying the whole thing off they hold your stuff for 2-days/1st come first serve, if you payed it off completely the stuff will be held for a week or more depending on space and is guarenteed to be there. I think thats how it goes.
Good. I shelled out my $54.50 months ago.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
I paid in full and my receipt stated that they would hold it for 48 hours... that's not a problem for me, they're only gonna hold it for like, 11 (unless they open early on March 9th :chuckle:)

Top Bottom