• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
...I came here all set to answer everything, but Wiseguy's last post's length killed my will to do so - together with a lot of my will to live. Ow.
Sheesh, I skip out on the forums for a day or two and BAM! I'm pretty sure those weren't "Wall of Text" attack...they were "Wallga of Lengthy Quote Battles" attacks :ohwell:

- You seem surprised that I advocate shooting people with a hammer. You obviously do not frequent roleplaying forums :p. You see, the hammergunning is a little trope of ours, where, as a solution to bad GMing problems, we advocate shooting the GM in the face. With a hammer. As to how that works, it's rather easy, really. The most popular trend is using a heavy crossbow, and modificate the leverage to allow it to shoot heavy-headed projectiles, such as a common house hammer, with precision at short distances. For those with economic trouble, it is recommended that they forego the shooting part, and merely throw it headfirst at the GM's face. It's much less effective (therefore the recommendation of pooling resources among players for a communal hammergun), but usually gets the point across.

I hope I made that clear ;).
Best. Weapon. EVAR. Well, maybe aside from the chansaw bayonette from Gears of War. Give me that and this hammer crossbow and I'll be nigh unstoppable!

I hope you're right, man. It would look very much like it, but, as I already said some time ago, I prefer to not have any hopes. Dissapointments suck. But yeah, Ridley's looking mighty likely in the light of that update. And good thing too. You can never have too many hyperintelligent, plasma-breathing dragons in a game.
Hyperintelligent, plasma-breathing, space pirate dragons. Even better.

------------

Now, Wiseguy, it's time to tackle your minor challenge. Here's my five favorite obscure/overlooked/cult hit games (not counting S&P and Drill Dozer since I've already covered those, lol):

5. War of the Monsters (PS2) - This is what Rampage wished it could be. An excellent game with that 50's retro sci-fi style, it starred a diverse cast of monsters, ranging from your standard King Kong and Godzilla ripoffs to a stereotypical Japanese giant robot and an electric humanoid eyeball. Pretty much the entire environment is desctuctible, and the single player game ends with a fantastic boss fight in Washington DC. Overall description? War of the Monsters = Rampage + The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

4. Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman (PSX) - Aside from having the best theme song ever, this game was really fun. It's a fairly typical action game, but it's the style that makes this one. You star as Rising Zan, a former cowboy who decided after a particularly bad loss to become a samurai. With a six shooter. It made no sense, but trust me, it's fun.

3. Beyond Good & Evil (GCN/PS2/XBOX/PC) - Perhaps one of the better known underrated games of recent times. Mix a deceptively cartoonish art style with a surprisingly deep and mature storyline, add a dash of Zelda-ish gameplay and you've got a winner.

2. Eternal Darkness (GCN) - Ah, this may be one of my favorite GCN games of all time. You play as 13 different characters spanning a centuries long story involving Lovecraftian elder gods...all while going insane.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!

1. Shantae (GBC) - This game just might be my favorite platformer ever. Mendez, I believe you mentioned Sigma Star Saga before (excellent game, I agree). Well, Shante was WayForward's first game, and it is excellent. You play as Shantae, a half genie who has to save her hometown from a scantily clad pirate by the name of Risky Boots. How do you do this? By belly dancing. Shantae transforms into different creatures by dancing, and has to explore an open world a la Castlevania 2 with dungeons and towns dispersed around...come to think of it, the dungeons remind me of Kid Icarus. But not only is it fun, this game is beautiful. I've never seen 8-bit sprites so fluidly animated in my life. If you can track it down, it's well worth playing.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
nice stage choices. i hope dark aether and artifact site make it, but somewhere from the chozo ruins would be better than the artifact site.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Greetings and salutations. True to my word, I've updated my original post once again. Only this time, not only is there another runnerup character but something quite different as well. Oh the suspence...

Unless my GBA emulator is actually a SNES emulator in disguise, then FE6, Roy's big game, was actually a GBA game. Still Japanese only though, but he has had a major role in a GBA game (and a very tiny cameo in another).
Wow, there's nothing I can really say, other than I was wrong. REALLY wrong. I don't know where I got it into my head that Roy's game was for SNES. I apologize to Johnknight1, Roy does represent GBA games. But he i still Japanese-only, and therefore not important enough to the series to justify a second appearance in my view.

Like, totally man. We're like, the Frasier to the rest of www.smashboards.com's Seinfeld.
Word. :laugh:

"Is there any way I can take off my pants?"

I wish there were more conversations with Sigint. That guy was way cooler than Nastasha or...whoever was the weapons guy in MGS2.
Sigint is awesome, no doubt. The only time I ever felt the urge to rush out and buy a PSP was when I heard that Sigint and Revolver Ocelot were playable characters in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Then Dragon Quest XI for DS was announced and the feeling passed.

Because if Shive turns into a bike, Ifrit's going to turn into a scooter, and Ramuh'll become a goped. Carbuncle can be a pair of those shoes with wheels in the heel.
Final Fantasy + Transformers = Best RPG EVER!!!

There's not a rule, it's just a generally accepted idea 'round here. I mean, if no other company wants to pitch in...then whatever. But the idea is that if Konami, Namco, Capcom, Tecmo, Square and SEGA all want in, it'd be unfair to let two Konami characters in, given the limited number of 3rd party slots.
Yeah, I can see what your saying. Allowing all the major companies to have one rep in Brawl might be the fairest method. But has Nintendo had time to work out deals with six comapnies in time? That's the question.

Okay, but I still think it's a bit early to consider Miis a "Nintendo mascot".
Well, this year Miis will star in as many games as Mario (unless you count the Everyone Votes Channel, in which case they will star in more) so I don't think it's an exageration to call them a new Nintendo mascot.

Well, the theory behind Halo DS is that MS doesn't really want to enter the too-crowded handheld market, so they'd support Nintendo machines, (since Sony's their primary business rival) and since Halo is their biggest franchise, that's the one they'd use.
Interesting. Master Cheif and Mario on one platform... weird. But if they follow in the footsteps of Hunters, I will definitely consider buying it. Still, I would prefer a Diddy Kong Racing-esque remake of Perfect Dark N64 as it is still one of my favorite games ever.

'Fraid not. His new channel is basically a Mii Popularity Contest. Sounds just as "cool" as the Everybody Votes Channel, if you ask me.
The Everybody Votes channel kinda freaks me out. Why does Nintendo want us to answer benign and seemingly random questions like "A coin is flipped. Which side does it land on? Heads/Tails" ? I'm guessing that there is some nefarious meaning to this madness, but what?

And on the subject of WW vs. TP...I don't feel like arguing all you brought up. I could...but I don't see the point. I like WW more, you like TP more. Plus, I've got work in a few minutes, so, see you dudes later.
Fair enough. For the record, I love both games and any self respecting Nintendio fan should play them both.

Who else is excited for the upcoming WW sequel: Phantom Hourglass?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=20664&type=mov&pl=game

Well Wiseguy, Sakurai planned on having baloon fighter and mach rider on the game, so i'll say that he felt there were good for smash. Time constraints is what held him back from doing so, i'll say if sakurai had more time to develop melee we would've had those 2 (and perhaps less clones and maybe sonic as sega was close to nintendo at that time).
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little bit intrigued in regards to the whole Machrider and Balloon Fight situation. They were both considerred for Melee and probably would have been added if not for unforseen circumstances. Then again, like Wiseguy has hinted at, it's possible that they weren't added, because it may have been determined that they weren't necessarily 'feesible' in the Smash Bros world.

Now, there have been so many new characters introduced since the incarnation of Melee that they may be overshadowed by more recent Nintendo icons.
Well i guess you can also say that they may be added to brawl in order to make up for what happened in Melee. I'll also say that they weren't merely considered and were actually planned for the game.
Well, all we can do is speculate, but it seems to me that one possibilty is that Sakurai liked the idea of Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider, but once he got around to programing them into the game it was decided that they didin't really fit in as well as was originally thought. Of course, it's eqully possible that they just ran out of time, and would have included them if they had had few more months. Personally, I think they would both make solid additions so i wouldn't mind seeing them included.

Rare published Perfect Dark so they wouldn't need anyone's permission.
Urgh... I looked it up to make sure, and you're right. Rare not only developed the game, but published it as well - not Nintendo. Good thing you people are here to straighten me out out... ;)

...I came here all set to answer everything, but Wiseguy's last post's length killed my will to do so - together with a lot of my will to live. Ow.

Anyway, let's see what stayed in my brain after the Wall Attack.
Sorry bought that. :laugh:

-Halo DS? You absolutely blindsided me there. "Around two weeks" counting from when? I'm not a Halo fan, tbh (there have been very, very few FPSs that have actually caught my attention) but, as mentioned, this might hint to MS not really caring about the handheld market, which might mean Perfect Dark DS, which would be cool (I still want the original in the VC, tho. Ive heard Perfect Dark Zero was a travesty to all things Perfect Dark, so I'm a bit... mistrusting might be the word)
Perfect Dark Zero wasn't recieved too well, from what I hear. But a DS remake of the original, with Hunters-esque controlls and Wi-Fi multiplayer would be too awesome for words to describe.

@Wisey:

- You seem surprised that I advocate shooting people with a hammer. You obviously do not frequent roleplaying forums :p. You see, the hammergunning is a little trope of ours, where, as a solution to bad GMing problems, we advocate shooting the GM in the face. With a hammer. As to how that works, it's rather easy, really. The most popular trend is using a heavy crossbow, and modificate the leverage to allow it to shoot heavy-headed projectiles, such as a common house hammer, with precision at short distances. For those with economic trouble, it is recommended that they forego the shooting part, and merely throw it headfirst at the GM's face. It's much less effective (therefore the recommendation of pooling resources among players for a communal hammergun), but usually gets the point across.

I hope I made that clear ;).
I see. Can't say I'm into the whole roleplaying forum gig, but hey - to each their own.

I hope you're right, man. It would look very much like it, but, as I already said some time ago, I prefer to not have any hopes. Dissapointments suck. But yeah, Ridley's looking mighty likely in the light of that update. And good thing too. You can never have too many hyperintelligent, plasma-breathing dragons in a game.
Can't argue with that. Ridley is one of the greatest villians in videogame history, and his appearing in Smash Bros is LONG overdue. I would be shocked if he didn't appear.

-And yes, we should discuss stages more. I don't know, given that this is a character thread, we might try to guess some ideas for the stages each character in your roster would have related to him, such as Melee having Corneria for Fox and Yoshi's story for Yoshi.

We already know Meta Knight's (the Halberd), one of starfox's (that space station thingy in the second trailer), one of Yoshi's (Yoshi's Island, which by sheer graphic cuteness is a hundred times superior to melee's yoshi stage), and what looks like a FE stage, with some rather familiar flags ;). The cloud stage is obviously Pit's. And there seems to be a Metal Gear level too, but we know nothing of its configuration (maybe random wandering guards as hazards? When the're gonna shoot, they get their trademark "!" simbol in their heads, complete with funny noise. I'm certain that that would make a lot of MG fans chuckle :p)

But, let's think... what do you think Metroid will be represented by, for example? Melee had a rising lava hell and a square stage with good ol' Kraid. What would be your choices for Brawl?

I am thinking maybe Artifact Temple. It's a round, flat circle, so it would be much like FD, only with the monuments as different height platforms. As for hazards, if Ridley wasn't so very likely to be a character, I'd have said MetaRidley doing sweeping runs around.
Let's just say, I think you'll like my latest update. ;)

So far, my favorite stage announced is the FE stage with the Metal Gear stage close behind. I can't wait to hear the orchestral version of the Metal Gear Solid theme...

See? We can get a lot of discussion going in this front! And noone can tell us we're offtopic since we are linking it to Wiseguy's char selection ;). Seriously, I prefer discussing it in here, it's like the only peaceful shard of civility (and spelling, which I really appreciate given english is not my first language and I have problems to understand chatspeak) in this boards, the only place where there aren't dozens of pro wannabes and exceedingly despective peeps shooting down any idea that would be unfit for tourney play running totally amuk.
Let's see the characters added:

R.O.B.
I agree that it would be a good choice for Brawl since it was not only some weird accessory for the NES but it also appeared in a few games like Star Fox 64 and Mario Kart Double Dash. I'd like to see a moveset for it.

King Trode
No comment.

Pacman
He would fit in the 3rd party section and he is appearing in the next arcade Mario Kart. But he may not be popular enough to compete with Sonic and Megaman.

Mach Rider
I want him in but will he make it?

Lloyd Irving
He has almost no chance of making it in Brawl. He would have to be very lucky.
ROB: I think you mean Mario Kart DS, not Double Dash. Reagrdless, I completely agree that ROB would make an excellent additon. I've got a shiny penny for the first person who posts an awesome ROB moveset (I suck at that sort of thing...)

Trode: Your right. He's such a shoe in that there is nothing more to be said. :laugh:

Pacman: You make a good point. I don't hear quite as many Pacman advocotes as I do for Sonic and Megaman...

Mach Rider: Hard too say...

Lyod Irving: I don't know, I'd rank him as "Possible but not very likely", myself. Tales is the most popular non-Square RPG series around...

Now, Wiseguy, it's time to tackle your minor challenge. Here's my five favorite obscure/overlooked/cult hit games (not counting S&P and Drill Dozer since I've already covered those, lol):

5. War of the Monsters (PS2) - This is what Rampage wished it could be. An excellent game with that 50's retro sci-fi style, it starred a diverse cast of monsters, ranging from your standard King Kong and Godzilla ripoffs to a stereotypical Japanese giant robot and an electric humanoid eyeball. Pretty much the entire environment is desctuctible, and the single player game ends with a fantastic boss fight in Washington DC. Overall description? War of the Monsters = Rampage + The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

4. Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman (PSX) - Aside from having the best theme song ever, this game was really fun. It's a fairly typical action game, but it's the style that makes this one. You star as Rising Zan, a former cowboy who decided after a particularly bad loss to become a samurai. With a six shooter. It made no sense, but trust me, it's fun.

3. Beyond Good & Evil (GCN/PS2/XBOX/PC) - Perhaps one of the better known underrated games of recent times. Mix a deceptively cartoonish art style with a surprisingly deep and mature storyline, add a dash of Zelda-ish gameplay and you've got a winner.

2. Eternal Darkness (GCN) - Ah, this may be one of my favorite GCN games of all time. You play as 13 different characters spanning a centuries long story involving Lovecraftian elder gods...all while going insane.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!

1. Shantae (GBC) - This game just might be my favorite platformer ever. Mendez, I believe you mentioned Sigma Star Saga before (excellent game, I agree). Well, Shante was WayForward's first game, and it is excellent. You play as Shantae, a half genie who has to save her hometown from a scantily clad pirate by the name of Risky Boots. How do you do this? By belly dancing. Shantae transforms into different creatures by dancing, and has to explore an open world a la Castlevania 2 with dungeons and towns dispersed around...come to think of it, the dungeons remind me of Kid Icarus. But not only is it fun, this game is beautiful. I've never seen 8-bit sprites so fluidly animated in my life. If you can track it down, it's well worth playing.
Interesting choices. I really should check out Eternal Darkness..

I completely agree on Beyond Good and Evil. I thoughally enjoyed that game. Who knows, maybe with Ubisoft and Nintendo being best buds these days, we'll see a sequel?

@ Samus Rules: Did you have a location specifically in mind, or just anywhere from the Chozo Ruins?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Drascin said:
Though I'm wondering just how hard he must be on Critical. That must be an interesting fight. Darn japanese and their gamehogging. We also want Final Mix, dammit!
Compensate by trying to beat him under lv.30 with Sweet Memories. That, my friend, is a challenge.

Yeah, the pumpkin is also a good key. But really, I just used Ultima.
Real men use Sweet Memories.

Halo DS? You absolutely blindsided me there. "Around two weeks" counting from when? I'm not a Halo fan, tbh (there have been very, very few FPSs that have actually caught my attention) but, as mentioned, this might hint to MS not really caring about the handheld market, which might mean Perfect Dark DS, which would be cool (I still want the original in the VC, tho. Ive heard Perfect Dark Zero was a travesty to all things Perfect Dark, so I'm a bit... mistrusting might be the word)
1. Halo's a much better game than Perfect Dark.

2. PDZero had a fine multiplayer mode, glitches aside, but what really killed it was the story mode. For some reason, Joanna's nothing more than a stereotypical valley girl. Only with a gun. THEN AGAIN, this is Rare we're talking about here...

We already know Meta Knight's (the Halberd), one of starfox's (that space station thingy in the second trailer), one of Yoshi's (Yoshi's Island, which by sheer graphic cuteness is a hundred times superior to melee's yoshi stage), and what looks like a FE stage, with some rather familiar flags . The cloud stage is obviously Pit's. And there seems to be a Metal Gear level too, but we know nothing of its configuration (maybe random wandering guards as hazards? When the're gonna shoot, they get their trademark "!" simbol in their heads, complete with funny noise. I'm certain that that would make a lot of MG fans chuckle )
1. How can we be sure that space level is an SF stage? Sure, it's white and blue and in space...but I don't see any Arwings or Wolfens flying around...

2. I'm 99% sure, after watching the second trailer multiple times, that Snake's level is based on the Heliport from MGS1 (A Hind D?). So expect spotlights, genome soldiers, and..."a security camera".

But, let's think... what do you think Metroid will be represented by, for example? Melee had a rising lava hell and a square stage with good ol' Kraid. What would be your choices for Brawl?

I am thinking maybe Artifact Temple. It's a round, flat circle, so it would be much like FD, only with the monuments as different height platforms. As for hazards, if Ridley wasn't so very likely to be a character, I'd have said MetaRidley doing sweeping runs around.
This is a toughie. If it were up to me, we'd keep good ol' Zebes, but then add Sanctuary Fortress (Echoes) and Impact Crater (Prime). But it seems we're stuck with the old "2D" Samus, judging by her look. This makes me think that Sakura's chosen to ignore the Prime games when it comes to creating Metroid materials. If that is indeed the case, I think we'll still have Zebes, but we'll also see the Space Pirate Mothership (Zero Mission) and some other random environment, like Norfair or Crateria.

YosterDragon said:
Didn't Square make a game sort of like this? "Alchemical Drive" or something.

Anyway, I wasn't that impressed by this game, but that could be because at the same time I rented it, I also rented Ultimate Muscle on GCN. Awesome game. Also, I was 13 and stupid.

Yeah, Rising Zan's up there with Jumping Flash! and GITS for title of "most awesome game nobody played on the PSX". The game looked like crap though.

Yay! I just finished playing this yesterday!

"Carlsooooon and Peteeeeeeeeers!!"

I almost killed myself when the game told me it was erasing my memory card. Or that "to be continued" message. Good stuff. Good stuff.

I thought about including this one in my "games I haven't played list", but since I know practically nothing about it other than the developer made SSS and that Nintendo Power loves it...I decided aganst it.

But if it's really like Simon's Quest...I think I'll pass...

Wiseguy said:
Sigint is awesome, no doubt. The only time I ever felt the urge to rush out and buy a PSP was when I heard that Sigint and Revolver Ocelot were playable characters in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Then Dragon Quest XI for DS was announced and the feeling passed.
MPO, in my humble opinion, is a bad game. The storyline's much lighter than in any other MGS game, and it feels alot more like...Syphon Filter (generic third person action game) than Metal Gear. It doesn't help that the PSP's analog stick sticks.

Regardless, I did play most of it, and while I never unlocked Sigint, I have gotten to play as him, and he plays like everyone else in the game, except that...actually, he is like everyone else in the game, just with some different "stats". Same thing with Ocelot: the only one difference between him and everyone else is that his bullets ricochet.

:joyful:

EDIT - Ryu Hayabusa for the win, man. I wouldn't have said so last week, but I downloaded Ninja Gaiden on the VC, and man are those games awesome. Even better than I remember them being, since now I can actually get through them. And Dragon Sword doesn't hurt his chances either.

...I still see no Joe, though.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
1. How can we be sure that space level is an SF stage? Sure, it's white and blue and in space...but I don't see any Arwings or Wolfens flying around...
I do. Watch 2:18 to 2:20 (going by the version downloaded off of IGN) closely (or frame-by-frame). It looks like the stage goes through phases like, a Sector/Nebula looking thing in the middle of a Star Fox Vs. Star Wolf duel and then open space with that planet and then you enter the planet's atmosphere and then...something happens. It does seem to warp before they get to the planet.

I almost killed myself when the game told me it was erasing my memory card. Or that "to be continued" message. Good stuff. Good stuff.
"Thank you for playing Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Coming soon: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Redemption." Also, blue screen of death.

Ya, I'm excited about this game, too.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Devastlian said:
I do. Watch 2:18 to 2:20 (going by the version downloaded off of IGN) closely (or frame-by-frame). It looks like the stage goes through phases like, a Sector/Nebula looking thing in the middle of a Star Fox Vs. Star Wolf duel and then open space with that planet and then you enter the planet's atmosphere and then...something happens. It does seem to warp before they get to the planet.
I'll take your word on that, then.

It's not like I really thought it wasn't Fox's stage, but I just couldn't think of anything that explicity confirmed it.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, I wasn't that impressed by this game, but that could be because at the same time I rented it, I also rented Ultimate Muscle on GCN. Awesome game. Also, I was 13 and stupid.
I will say that the control scheme took a little getting used to, but the carnage far outweighed its flaws IMO. Plus the sheer variety of alternate costumes was entirely too amusing.

Yeah, Rising Zan's up there with Jumping Flash! and GITS for title of "most awesome game nobody played on the PSX". The game looked like crap though.
Sad but true. But games like this are proof that good graphics aren't necessary for a great game. Not that they hurt any ;)

I completely agree on Beyond Good and Evil. I thoughally enjoyed that game. Who knows, maybe with Ubisoft and Nintendo being best buds these days, we'll see a sequel?
Yay! I just finished playing this yesterday!

"Carlsooooon and Peteeeeeeeeers!!"
Congrats Mendez! Don't cliffhangers suck and rock all at the same time? No closure :urg:...but we can indeed hope for a sequel :grin:

"Thank you for playing Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Coming soon: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Redemption." Also, blue screen of death.
I rather liked the fake "blue screen of death", personally :laugh:

I thought about including this one in my "games I haven't played list", but since I know practically nothing about it other than the developer made SSS and that Nintendo Power loves it...I decided aganst it.

But if it's really like Simon's Quest...I think I'll pass...
Gah! Please don't let my bad comparisons dissuade you from playing this awesome game...the Simon's Quest analogy only goes so far as the world is structured; there are very distinct "levels," they're all just linked to one another. They're all graphically distinct as well, so it's pretty hard to get lost. I wasn't a fan of Simon's Quest either, if it makes you feel any better...and I still totally loved Shantae.

Oh, and you get props just for actually having played Sigma Star Saga :grin: Hmm...Recker for Brawl? Or perhaps Psyme?
Just kidding!

It looks like it'll be great! I'm still a little shaky on the stylus controls though. Given what we all expect from the umpteen Zelda games that used the good ol' D-pad and buttons combo, I wonder if the stylus controls will feel just as tight?

But then again, everyone was nervous about TP's Wiimote control, and that turned out just fine. So there's probably no need to worry.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@wiseguy
oh, so what i said wasn't good enough for a quote?;)
i actuallt didn't, but now that you mention it, either somewhere from the main place (where you first enter the ruins) or in that room where you fight the war wasp hive and there is poison all around, with a few bridges. though now that i think of it, a place from magmoor caverns would be cooler, especially with those lava dragon creatures popping up from time to time.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Look what I found... It's my Krystal moveset.

Ug... Now I remember why I buried it. It sucks...

Krystal

Stats:

Attack Power: ***

Attack Speed: **
Lugging around that staff everywhere slows her down a bit…

Reach: ****
…but it gives her some extended reach for her attacks.

Jump: ***

Gravity: ***

Height: ***

Weight: ***

Wall-Jump: Yes

Playing Style: Staff-combat

Fighter Stance: She holds the staff with both hands and is braced for an attack.

Movement Speed: Equal to Fox.

Taunt: She releases her staff with one hand and waves in a “bring it”-style wave. While doing so, she says “Is that the best you’ve got?”

Victory Music: The theme song for Adventures.

Victory Poses:
1) Twirls her staff around baton-style and ends with a stylish catch.
2) Uses her Super Ground Quake while facing you. The screen freezes during the explosion.

Icon (face): Star Fox (Krystal)

How to Unlock: Default character

Levels:

Fighting Stage: ThornTail Hollow - There is no way to “fall” off of this level. K.O. is only possible via left, right, and up. The ground is flat from one end to the other. On the right side of the level is a cliff platform. It acts like a platform in the sense that you can fight under it (as if you were next to the cliff) or on it (you are on the cliff.) On the left side is a group of palm trees (you can fight on top of them.) Fox’s Arwing can be seen in the background. No hazards.

Adventure Mode Level: None

Items:
Tricky’s Ball - Throwing item. Does 2% per hit and causes stun. Think along the lines of a Bumper that doesn’t stick to the walls/floor. Once thrown, the ball bounces throughout the level changing it’s trajectory based on the angle that it just hit until it comes to a stop after losing momentum. If caught between a character and a wall/another character, it will bounce back and fourth until something alters it’s path or it disappears. The shorter the distance between the objects, the faster the ball bounces.

Alternate Colors:
She is wearing her Amazon outfit. It does not change colors.
1) Red - All her fur changes to the appropriate hue of red.
2) Same as red, only with green instead.
3) Tails - All of her fur changes to an Orange hue except the white underbelly fur. (A spoof on the “Female Tails” jokes.)
(Open to suggestions.)

Kirby Hat: Blue hair, blue fox ears, and her jewel. (Her staff appears only when in use.)

Moveset:

NOTE: * = Taken/Modified from Adventures.

A: Pokes them with the head of the staff. No knock back. 3%

A twice: Reverses the direction of her “A“ attack and hits with the staff bottom. No knock back. 2%.

A three: Hits them with the head again. No knock back. 3%

Dash A: Running kick like Fox. No knock back. 4%

Forward Tilt: A small sweeping kick directly in front of her. No knock back. 3%

Up Tilt: Juts the staff head in a diagonal-upward angle. No knock back. 3%

Down Tilt: Hits the ground in front of her with the staff bottom. No knock back. 2%

Forward Smash: She swings her staff baseball bat-style in front of her. Strong knock back. 5%-8%

Down Smash: Krystal takes her staff and smashes the bottom of the staff against the ground. The Rocket Booster kicks in for a second and she is propelled into the air. No damage, but a good way to set up a combo or to escape from someone. No knock back.

Up Smash: The head of her staff charges up with a Fire Bolt, but is not fired. Instead, she spins the staff head in a circular motion above her head. Anyone who touches the head while it is charged up takes damage. Decent knock back. 8%-10%

Aerial A: She rolls forward into a kick. Decent knock back. 6%-9%

Aerial Forward A: Jabs forward with the head of her staff. Minor knock back. 4%-7%

Aerial Back A: Jabs backward with the bottom of her staff. Minor knock back. 4%-7%

Aerial Down A: Swipes in an arc motion underneath her. This move has a sweet spot that can spike. Decent knock back (great if you hit the S-spot.) 5%-10%

Aerial Up A: She spins her staff in a helicopter pattern. Minor knock back. 4%

Forward Throw: She pushes them forward a bit and then delivers a kick to their back. Minor knock back. 5%-7%

Back Throw: She places her staff across the target, puts her feet on their back, falls backwards, and mule-kicks them away. Good knock back. 7%-10%

Up Throw: She throws them into the air and then shoots her Fire Bolt at them. Decent knock back. 8%-10%.

Down Throw: She pushes them onto the ground and then uses her staff as a golf club. Good knock back. 8%-12%.

B: Fire Bolt - Fires three small bolts out of the staff head. The middle bolt travels equal to the angle Krystal is standing on while the other two go off at a 10 degree angle on either side. This attack can be charged (I.e. Samus) for double attack strength. Minor knock back. 5% per bolt.

Up B: Rocket Booster - Pretty much identical to the Fire Fox except that the fire blast comes out of her staff. Also, unlike the FF, the movement is automatic. Anyone caught in the escaping flames will be burned. No knock back. 3% per second in the flame.

Down B: Super Ground Quake - The staff head is smashed against the ground causing a massive shockwave of damage. The shockwave causes varying damage depending on how far from the explosion you are. If you are caught in the small radius around the staff head, you will be sent flying. Decent knock back, unless you are caught in the radius around the head…then it is great knock back. 1%-20% depending on how far you are.

Forward B: Ice Blast - Fires a longer range version of the Ice Climbers’ ice. Freezes at high percentages. No knock back. 3% per second in the ice.

Super Smash: Krazoa Spirits - Krystal summons the six Krazoa spirits to her aid. They randomly attack each enemy. It is possible to be hit with none, and it is possible to be hit with all six as it is completely random. Once a spirit has hit an enemy, they will fade away. No knock back. 30% per spirit.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Her B moves are pretty unoriginal. And when I say "pretty", I mean 'extremely'. Other than that...sure, why not?

samusrules93 said:
those lava dragon creatures
Magmoors. The Magmoors of Magmoor Caverns.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
I should also point out (since we're now supposed to talk about stages) that I never, ever want to see anything (other than Krystal) from StarFox Adventures in the already-superior-Brawl. Despite the game being fun at the time (a time when there was nothing else on the 'Cube to play), it was so...terribly unoriginal and insipid...

So basically, just let Krystal share Fox's stages. It'd work better if they used her post-Adventures outfit(s), which actually makes more sense, seeing as how Fox's outfit is very reminiscent of Command. Also, Assault/Command are much better than Adventures.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
^^^
I should also point out (since we're now supposed to talk about stages) that I never, ever want to see anything (other than Krystal) from StarFox Adventures in the already-superior-Brawl. Despite the game being fun at the time (a time when there was nothing else on the 'Cube to play), it was so...terribly unoriginal and insipid...

So basically, just let Krystal share Fox's stages. It'd work better if they used her post-Adventures outfit(s), which actually makes more sense, seeing as how Fox's outfit is very reminiscent of Command. Also, Assault/Command are much better than Adventures.
Personally, I like Adventures more than the rest of the Star Fox series. The Star Fox games are Space Shooters and I have never been a fan of Space Shooters. Adventures is the only Star Fox game I enjoy because it is an Adventure game.

Use her Post-Adventures outfit? No way... The staff goes much better with the Amazon outfit, plus...well...she looks better in it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
While I agree that her Adventures get-up looks better, think about it: Adventures wasn't even supposed to be a SF game, and now that Krystal's a SF character, I think it makes more sense for her to appear in her actual SF outfit.

And regardless of your feelings towards it, Adventures isn't generally considered to be a real StarFox game. She could still use her staff...I don't think she just dumped it after joining the team.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
You are officially a ******. Any idiot will tell you that a franchise with 10 GAMES is pretty big.
It has 10 games and an OVA, woo... Doesn't save the fact that the only reasonable popular Fire Emblem characters are Marth, Sigurd, Hector, Lyn, and Ike. Is it more popular that Starfox, Metroid, or Kirby, because my idea gets three characters for each franchise for that list. Fire Emblem with two characters is outperforming F-Zero, Kid Icarus (Which appeared on Captain N), Ice Climber, Earthbound, and Game & Watch (which actually has 40 some-odd games), i.e. the cult or retro hits. Alright, F-Zero deserves another character as well. It's got a longer anime series, and I think 10 games. I guess Black Shadow will have to do.

ICs: They are awesome alright, but I somehow doubt that they will return. But since Melee will have so has characters that don't appear in Brawl, it will actually be a good thing as it will provide incentive to play and enjoy all three Smash games at tournaments.
Fighting game fanatics will ditch Melee as soon as Brawl comes out. Super Smash Bros. is a series and fighting game fanatics love to use the most recent game in a series. (Who plays Virtua Fighter 2 or Street Fighter Alpha 2 now?) Besides, Popo and Nana have an original moveset (Big Plus here) and is perfect as a fighter composed of a team.

Stating something as fact does not make it so. Ste reason why, and I'll engade you in what we in the Brawl Dicussion ection call "discussion".
You stated that Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch would likely not appear in Brawl. I said they were likely and GAVE my opinions why.

I don't really care if Peach get's a new moveset or keeps her old one. But if the later happens, she will be nerfed to kingdom come.
They nerf because they try to balance the game. Only Virtua Fighter succeeds in balance and that's because they only add two fighters for each iteration.

If Mewtwo is to Pokemon what ganondorf is to Zelda, why has his importance in the recent games dwindled?
Because A) He's a legendary, what legendary or starter appears in more than two of the main Pokemon games without having been part of a Nintendo Event? Mewtwo was in Red, Blue, & Yellow and thier remake FireRed & LeafGreen. Also, B) Psychic gets pwned by Dark-type now. In Red & Blue, if you had a Mewtwo, they had no chance unless they had a Mewtwo as well. It's also the final boss of the first Pokemon game. He was important enough to win his spot in Brawl despite not appearing in Gold, Silver, or Crystal.

Wolf doesn't have to be Fox clone, but it is a possibilty and a likely one at that. It makes a lot more sense than making Ganondorf a Falcon clone.
True, but then of the Starfox characters only Krystal actually has that "not-a-clone-of-Fox" thing down. Any Starfox character other than Krystal, even Wolf who shouldn't be, will likely be a clone of Fox... May as well just keep Falco in, if you are going to clone Fox's moves.

Wrong. Ike has starred as the main lord in two FE games: Path of Radiance and Goddess of Dawn. These games are also popular in Japan and (unlike Marth's games) outside Japan. Ike will most definitely replace Marth, as he is the new face of Fire Emblem. Also, he has the advantage of NOT looking like a sissy.
Marth still beats Ike because, Marth has an OVA Series, which actually got dubbed in the US BEFORE MELEE! Marth's series was already in the US when Melee came out! I have yet to see Ike's OVA series. Perhaps you can provide me a link?

Well, that and Marth and Ike fight differently and are unique compared to one another. Now, if there was just one single Fire Emblem character, then yes, Ike's the best choice... But I say there is gonna be two, and say Marth will say.

G&W was certainly deserving of a guest appearance in Smash Bros, but with so many other retro characters equally deserving of a spot in Brawl, expect to see him gone.
Which Retro characters who hasn't yet appeared in Melee or Brawl is left? A characters whose games reappear in compilations like the Game & Watch Gallery series? who also has 40+ Games to his credit like almost the complete Game & Watch series? Oh. If 10 games count as popular then 40 game must mean a must-have as a fighter!

The fact that they already have a suitable moveset in Melee doesn't mean that they are any less time consuming to program into Brawl. The fact that they appeared in Melee is not reason enough to return. There are plenty of replacements who would be are more worthy and would be just as popular.
Sure any character would be programmed in at the same time, but characters without a moveset would require more time to come up a move set for them. All you have to do for the Ice Climbers is think up a Final Smash for them. That's if they are programming it from scratch, but they aren't. They have the development tools from Melee including the coding for the Ice Climbers.

Tingle has appeared in more Zelda games than Midna - except the one that matters the most: Twilight Princess. As the most recent, and currently the most popular, game in the series you can bet that most of the characters in brawl will be from this game. As the main character in TP, Midna is a shoe in.
Umm, Link was the main character. Midna was the Navi/Minish Cap/Talking Boat of Twilight Princess. Also, Ocarina of Time is STILL more popular than Twilight Princess... Link to the Past is more popular than Twilight Princess. Should Error be a fighter, since he is from the popular Zelda II?

We have Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf... that's the Legend of Zelda in a nutshell.

DS could easily be a luigified clone of Suited Samus. In addition to being floatier, slower and more powerful she would lack the ability to transform.
Seems logical enough. Actually, you could have Dark Samus have the moveset of Samus in SSBM, and Samus have the Down+B of Zelda only instead of Shiek, Zero Suit Samus. That'd be kickass actually.

K. Rool is far from obscure, he's the third most important character in the DK series.

As for "too western" the same could be said for Zero Suit Samus.
No she wouldn't be. Zero Suit Samus is from Metroid Zero Mission, which made by Intelligent Systems or RD1... I'm not sure, but it's from the Japanese.

Numa Dude! Sic 'em.
Hey don't blame the messenger! The Japanese... they want Black Shadow! I personally would like Jody Summer or Princia or a Samurai Goroh who actually uses the l33t moves of a futuristic samurai.

Or they could be included as a playable character AND the new polygons.
Actually, if they will be playable it makes more sense and would make my mouth water is if they were part of a whole Create-a-Fighter mode, where you can give them moves and kick *** online with them.

Actually, my copy of Smash Bros 64 was a gift.
Well, so did I. Why did you get it as a gift then.

And all this time I thought the hero of the Zelda series was named Link. Come to discover, his is actually called: *insert name here*
Don't be a smartass. Link is the default name for the hero of the Zelda Series and you know it. Besides, who would play "Guy from Super Punch-Out!!" He needs a name. Only one player character in the Punch-Out!! Series had a name, Mac. Hence, this guy is Mac, too.

Mario and Sonic selling better than Brawl? I doubt it.
If it's a good game and like the popular Wii Sports and Wii Play, then yes... Casual and Non gamers will get it, because it's like Wii Sports and Wii Play, and Hardcore gamers will get it because it's Sonic and Mario, together at last! That's adds up to being the most popular game on the Wii.

Great, except that neither of those guys own their characters - the game companies do. It was Konami that decided to include Snake, not Koijima.
Isn't the story of how Snake got into Brawl based on the whole fact that Kojima, not Konami, begged like a dog to get Snake in the next Smash Bros. game, which at the time was Melee? Also isn't there those crossovers between Boktai from Kojima and MegaMan.EXE from Inafune which is based on the fact that they are friends? Oh.

Good point. The fact that a character is created and owned by a third party developer doesn't make it a third party character at all. RRRIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT.....
Sure! Mock my comment despite the fact that Sakurai, ruler of all that is Smash Bros, agrees with me! Oh.

So what if Disney owns Sora? Why would they be any harder to negociate with than Sega or Capcom?
Well, there wouldn't except that Disney is one of these American companies that like to publish games made with their characters with their own company... I mean the last good crossover with Disney characters was Roger Rabbit made by Touchstone, which was owned by Disney. Then there was that stupid Cartoon All-Stars anti-drug video with Pooh. Less said about that, the better.

Uh-huh... sure...
joke (plural jokes) n.

1. an amusing story
2. something said or done for amusement
It was a joke!
3. (figuratively) a worthless thing or person
Your effort at cleaning your room is a joke.
The president is a joke.

I have yet to see any proof of this. The only thing anyone's directed me to is the KH2 website, which only lists "all FF characters" as property of Square-Enix. It never mentions the "KH characters", like Kairi and Xigbar, as being owned by anyone...but I don't see why you'd assume that a character created by SE, for use in a SE-developed game would be the property of anyone but SE.
This is an easy proof. I'm gonna read the back of the box for Kingdom Hearts 1. "Copyright 2002 Disney. Tarzan Owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. and Used by Permission. Tarzan Copyright 2002 Edgar Rice Borroughs, Inc. & Disney Enterprises, Inc. Characters from Final Fantasy Copyright 1990, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved."

Is Sora a Final Fantasy character? No, he isn't.

Is Sora a Tarzan character? No, he isn't.

By process of elimination, Sora is Copyright 2002 Disney. Hence, Sora is owned by Disney.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
It has 10 games and an OVA, woo...
You are just stupid as hell.

Doesn't save the fact that the only reasonable popular Fire Emblem characters are Marth, Sigurd, Hector, Lyn, and Ike.
This matters why?

Is it more popular that Starfox, Metroid, or Kirby,
Judging by the amount of FE characters people want and the success of Marth and Roy in melee I'd say so.

because my idea gets three characters for each franchise for that list. Fire Emblem with two characters is outperforming F-Zero, Kid Icarus (Which appeared on Captain N), Ice Climber, Earthbound, and Game & Watch (which actually has 40 some-odd games), i.e. the cult or retro hits. Alright, F-Zero deserves another character as well. It's got a longer anime series, and I think 10 games. I guess Black Shadow will have to do.
Black Shadow will never be in brawl. Samurai Goroh and Pico both have seniority over him and they are both more important to the F-Zero story than him.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey guys. I'm leaving in a minute to go play Melee with friends at the Weekly Gamezilla Smash Night (check it out if you ever find yourself in Saint John, New Brunswick) so I can't respond to everyone right now. Don't worry, I'll get around to it this evening.

In the mean time, check out today's update. I've posted another character and couple other stage ideas and I'm interested in what you guys think.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SAMaine said:
It has 10 games and an OVA, woo...
Someone wasn't with us when we were investigating this...tut tut.

May as well just keep Falco in, if you are going to clone Fox's moves.
This is the only good point I found inside that mass of inpoliteness. Seriously Wiseguy, why swap a clone that's already popular in Smash for an identical clone?

Marth still beats Ike because, Marth has an OVA Series, which actually got dubbed in the US BEFORE MELEE! Marth's series was already in the US when Melee came out! I have yet to see Ike's OVA series. Perhaps you can provide me a link?
The OVA was canceled after 2 episodes. It never ended, because it just sucked so badly. That really doesn't help Marth's case.

It's also the final boss of the first Pokemon game.
You're thinking of Gary. You know, the Champion? The one who, after you defeat him, talks to you, and then the credits roll? Yeah, that's thefinal boss.

If you want to classify Mewtwo as a 'boss', he's a secret boss, like Ozma or Ruby Weapon.

Oh. If 10 games count as popular then 40 game must mean a must-have as a fighter!
That's a technicality and you know it...I think. 10 twenty+ hour games are worth more than 40 ten second ones.

Umm, Link was the main character. Midna was the Navi/Minish Cap/Talking Boat of Twilight Princess. Also, Ocarina of Time is STILL more popular than Twilight Princess... Link to the Past is more popular than Twilight Princess. Should Error be a fighter, since he is from the popular Zelda II?
Technically, you're right. Practically, you're wrong. Midna's the person TP's story hinges on, and most of the events that move the story along involve her.

...Since when was Zelda 2 popular?

No she wouldn't be. Zero Suit Samus is from Metroid Zero Mission, which made by Intelligent Systems or RD1... I'm not sure, but it's from the Japanese.
But in Japan, the Metroid series is considered to be very American. Think about this for a moment: what other franchise is like Metroid, while also being popular in Japan?

And K. Rool's not completely unknown in Japan, mind. He's popped up in DK games over there.

Isn't the story of how Snake got into Brawl based on the whole fact that Kojima, not Konami, begged like a dog to get Snake in the next Smash Bros. game, which at the time was Melee? Also isn't there those crossovers between Boktai from Kojima and MegaMan.EXE from Inafune which is based on the fact that they are friends?
So what? You think Kojima didn't need permission from the higher-ups at Konami to get Snake in the game? Because he did.

By process of elimination, Sora is Copyright 2002 Disney. Hence, Sora is owned by Disney.
Yeah, Devastlian and me I worked this out. I'm still not convinced, but for arguments' sake, I agree.

Next time, try being a bit nicer with your responses. It goes a long way in this thread.

Wiseguy said:
I've posted another character...
:joyful:

...Although, I never took Joe's last game to be his problem. It's just that if Capcom were to be offered a character, I'm sure they'd pick Megaman. The only way for Joe to get in would be if Kamiya, Inaba or Mikami (Clover Studio's heads, though I don't know if any of them actually created Joe) were to pull a Kojima and beg for it.

And for the record, only Red Hot Rumble really sucked. Double Trouble on DS wasn't bad, just very weird to play, since Joe lacked his VFX powers.

As for the stages...this must've been the fourth or fifth time this week I've heard the term "Onett-styled stage". That could be telling, depending on your train of thought. But Tetra's Ship for the win, even if my WW level of choice is Tingle's Island (as Tingle's stage, because of course...Tingle's going to be a character).

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
More than "main character", Midna was the "protagonist" of TP. I mean, who else? Link is nothing but her sword arm, doomed to watch and just help while the events unfold around the true knot of the story, Midna. Zelda's appearance was nominal, where the only things she did were agree with Midna and keep hogging the light arrows despite being unable to hit the broad side of a barn. And Ganon, apart from being a bit of an unnecessary tack-on, is the antagonist, not the protagonist.

In OoT, the story revolved around Link. He was the hero, the one who changed things, the one with the whole destiny thing. In TP, however, he's nothing but a skilled warrior you control in service to the true protagonist. Which is the Twilight Pincess herself.

At least, that's how I see it.

Aaanyway, for the additions to the list:

-Lost Woods: awesome. Skullkid, little stalfo guys, and Saria's song. Yeah, I could see myself using such an scenario very much. Though I have to admit any scenario with Saria's song as the background music gets my vote instantly, anyway :p. My only problem is that I also wanted Twilight World as a Zelda stage, and two stages from TP and one from WW might be a bit too much. Dammit, so much awesome to choose from, and so very few spots.

-Tetra's ship: I usually sided with the ninjas in the immortal internet debate. However, Tetra's crew made me see them in a totally new light. I approve of the idea, given that I like both the ambience and the type of scenario (corneria is one of my favorites) but it requires having Nico popping at the deck door randomly and throwing bombs at people :p.

Oh, and Mendez...

As for the stages...this must've been the fourth or fifth time this week I've heard the term "Onett-styled stage". That could be telling, depending on your train of thought. But Tetra's Ship for the win, even if my WW level of choice is Tingle's Island (as Tingle's stage, because of course...Tingle's going to be a character).
...the mere idea of Tingle as an smasher makes my brain hurt, to be honest. But then, I never saw his apeal. To me, he was only a rupee-addicted weirdo (400 rupees for decoding a map? That's probably more than a man earns in a life of honest work!) who tried to wear green tights without realizing only Link can look good in such a garment.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
*Shudder* If Tingle makes the cut, I'm going to have him in every single match I play just so I can beat the tar out of him. :p

For stages, I'd like to see a stage inside of Bowser's castle. There could be a massive window on one side (the first person to get struck hard enough in the direction breaks it), leading to a balcony outside where you could then plummet to your death. The other side of the room could be a massive pit with a Thwomp that periodically comes down from the ceiling to make a temporary platform. There would be three side-by-side chandeliers hanging from above that would serve as 'unstable' platforms that could fall if the chains are cut. Players can die in any direction.

Try not to flame me too much. It's something that I just came up with. ^_^;;

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
I think Bowser's Castle (whatever form it takes) is one of those 'obvious' additions.

...Right up there with TINGLE FOR BRAWL!
Drascin said:
...the mere idea of Tingle as an smasher makes my brain hurt, to be honest. But then, I never saw his apeal. To me, he was only a rupee-addicted weirdo (400 rupees for decoding a map? That's probably more than a man earns in a life of honest work!) who tried to wear green tights without realizing only Link can look good in such a garment.
Come on, the guy's a 35 year old who's fondest wish is to become a fairy. He's such an oddball character that you can't help but love him. The Zelda franchise can't be all doom and gloom, and that's where Tingle makes his strongest showing.

That, and he's fast becoming (if he isn't already) a staple of the Zelda games.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
^^^
While I agree that her Adventures get-up looks better, think about it: Adventures wasn't even supposed to be a SF game, and now that Krystal's a SF character, I think it makes more sense for her to appear in her actual SF outfit.
If I were to give you a picture of a lady with a staff what would be your first train of thought?

A) "A staff? Must be some kind of Amazonian woman."
B) "A staff? Must be from the future."

The Amazon outfit goes with the staff and vice-versa. Without one, the other is out of place.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
"A staff? Must be Donatello/Kilik/Goku/Cid." (Okay, so none of those are women...point is, a staff doesn't always indicate time period.)

If worst come to worst, they can always just "metallify" the staff, so it's not as weird looking.

My big worry about the Adventures outfit is that then there's the risk of having other elements from Adventures marring the game. At the very least, both outfits should/could be in there, I just think her Assault/Command one's more likely.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
^^^
"A staff? Must be Donatello/Kilik/Goku/Cid." (Okay, so none of those are women...point is, a staff doesn't always indicate time period.)

If worst come to worst, they can always just "metallify" the staff, so it's not as weird looking.

My big worry about the Adventures outfit is that then there's the risk of having other elements from Adventures marring the game. At the very least, both outfits should/could be in there, I just think her Assault/Command one's more likely.
I was just using that as an example, but you got the point.

Ug... Let's hope not.

I actually wouldn't mind both outfits...

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
You're just asking for trouble, aren't you? ;) I don't think I'll ever understand why Tingle is actually *shudder* popular in Japan. I wanted to hurt him the first time I saw him in Majora's Mask. On that note, let's see him in Brawl on the level of Mr. Saturn--i.e. as a punching bag. But I want to see him writhe in pain when he's tossed at other characters or knocked clear offstage :p

Though I do agree with your opinion on Tetra's ship being a good stage; the more pirates the better. And speaking of pirates, I actually thought that Gangplank Galleon would be a great stage to represent the DK franchise if K. Rool gets in. But if I had to choose between Tetra's ship and Gangplank Galleon? Not sure...

Oh, and Mendez...

Seconded. Not only is he a greedy, leotard wearing creep, but he also kidnaps people. And puts them in tights. And forces them to do manual labor. Did I mention he's really, really creepy?

*Shudder* If Tingle makes the cut, I'm going to have him in every single match I play just so I can beat the tar out of him. :p

For stages, I'd like to see a stage inside of Bowser's castle. There could be a massive window on one side (the first person to get struck hard enough in the direction breaks it), leading to a balcony outside where you could then plummet to your death. The other side of the room could be a massive pit with a Thwomp that periodically comes down from the ceiling to make a temporary platform. There would be three side-by-side chandeliers hanging from above that would serve as 'unstable' platforms that could fall if the chains are cut. Players can die in any direction.

Try not to flame me too much. It's something that I just came up with. ^_^;;
That's a really good idea, a Bowser's Castle stage is long overdue. There should be Podoboos (fireballs if you're not geeky enough to remember the word "Podoboo" :laugh:) that periodically jump out of the pit as well.

If I were to give you a picture of a lady with a staff what would be your first train of thought?

A) "A staff? Must be some kind of Amazonian woman."
B) "A staff? Must be from the future."

The Amazon outfit goes with the staff and vice-versa. Without one, the other is out of place.
Gotta side with you on this one. As much as SFA was very much not a Starfox game (alas poor Dinosaur Planet, we hardly knew ye), it was Krystal's debut appearance. Besides, her flight suit just kinda strikes me as generic. Besides, space Amazons are just cool :grin:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, Krystal's flight suit wouldn't allow as much jiggle as her Amazonian-esque outfit.

I like Tingle...but I don't really wanna fight as him in a fighting game. I wouldn't mind playing as him in an obscure RPG game, though. :(

As for the stages: I like all of your choices, Wiseguy. Pirate Ship FTW. With that music update, I thought it would be cool if there was a stage where you fought on Ridley's back. That'd be awesome.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
tingle would be fun to beat up, but as devastlian said, i can't really see him in a fighting game.
@devastlian
that stage would be awkward when playing as ridley.

just because the game star fox adventure sucked, doesn't mean Krystal shouldn't sport her suit from it, as she should use her staff, and she wouldn't look right without both the staff and suit. it's really both or neither here.

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
I hate Tingle.
there was this image one time of him that made me think that he was going to come to my bed and molest me. Oh, Lord almighty, please protect me.
as far as Krystal is concerned, I say go for Starfox command look, Assault head. (the heads got kinda wacky in command IMO)
Krystal as a clone of Fox (ie: speedy attacks) wouldn't hurt me. I'm actually for clones to a flameable extent, so I won't go on.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I also hate tingle...

Allow me to add my two cents, given the updated first page (which is the only thing I've read, and had time to read thus far)...

As far as the most likely to return, I agree. There's no reason why characters from melee such as Bowser, Peach, DK, Luigi, and Capt. Falcon shouldn't be in Brawl (I know there were others, but I'm tired). I agree that some characters such as... :tear: Doc... and Mr.G&W and Pichu shouldn't be in brawl. However... I have a few qualms with these "new characters"...

Metroid: I'm a HUGE metroid fan. I love the series (didn't really dig MP:H), but I just can't get around Ridley being a character... Maybe it's because I've grown up with the vision in my head (and in the game) that Ridley is 4x's my size (when compared to Samus). That's just me. I wouldn't be opposed to Ridley being in Brawl... But that's just my two cents on that. Dark Samus I'm okay with. I actually really like that idea. I also want the Fusion suit involved, even if it's just a cosmetic thing. I loved Fusion. Fusion was a great game, and it saddens me that Nintendo hasn't gone back to side-scrolling Metroid. T_T

Megaman: I love Megaman almost as much as Metroid. Another one of my childhood games that I had growing up. And the cosmetic possibilities are endless. Personally, I'd rather see X and Zero in the game, but I'll just be happy with Megaman, period.

MGS: I raise a point to you that I haven't really seen anywhere else... Has anyone else noticed that the "MGS" stage, appears to be two seperate stages? One is outdoors, and another is indoors (and it appears to be the Alaskan base... can't remember the name off the top of my head). If we noticed anything from Melee, particularly All-star mode, is that every character more or less had their "own stage". So... if we have two MGS stages...

I propose this to you... for a second MGS character, my first vote would be towards Grey Fox. He's bad ***, and to boot, he could be the character Sheik players could relate too (except he's more bad ***, has a sword, and could teleport a lot better than Sheik could). Did I mention bad ***? >_> Anyway, I'm not gonna sit here and list off movesets. My second MGS choice would be none other than the Solid Snake clone himself, Liquid Snake. If Sakurai is gonna have cloned characters again (which, I don't want them to get rid of my Ganondorf T_T), why not have an actual CLONE. >_> Moving on...

DK: I like the idea of Diddy Kong. I always thought that a Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong team up much like the IC's would be fun. K. Rool, I'm indifferent with, but I hate the idea of him being a Bowser clone.

Zelda: My biggest problems lie here... I'm a Ganondorf main. I don't think I would enjoy Ganondorf having a sword. It'd mess with what I already have now (which is a moveset I REALLY like), and has potential to suck (we already appear to have 4-5+ sword users). With Zelda... Since Sheik isn't returning, you COULD make her down+B draw out her rapier, but see above (my girlfriend plays as Zelda, so I know she's just as worried if she returns). Link... Is probably gonna be the same he's been since SSB64 and melee. :shrug: A few changes here and there, but he looks the same to me.

Mario: I'm gonna miss Doc... U_U I thought that character idea was genius, and he's just too much fun to play as. But, whatever. :shrug: I'm fine with Mario, fine with Luigi (a Luigi's Mansion moveset would be alright)((Oh, by the way... Luigi isn't a clone of Mario by ANY means. >_>)) Peach I'm okay with, and Bowser just better be the same. Eff Bowser Jr. That's what I have to say about him. What ever happened to the Koopa kids from SMB3 and SMW? Huh? HUH?! <_<

Kirby: Meh. Don't care that much. Yay metaknight.

Kid Icarus: Pit... Appears to be the new Marth... I get the feeling he's gonna be up on the tier list. He'll probably be light as hell though.

Fire Emblem: I'm in total support of Ike and Black Knight. It makes sense to have an internationally character favorite than two random schmoes. You could easily add two more FE chars (to fill up the 4) and add one more who was popular with the US/Europe or another Japan favorite... Marth and Roy?? >_>

Star Fox: I hate Krystal. I really do. She's an annoying character by my standards, and I just never liked her to begin with. Wolf O'donnel; Hell freakin yes. The most plausible villian to counter Fox next to Andross(and Andross as anyone but background villian like Kraid would be pretty lame in my opinion). Falco can stay, I guess. Why not make another SF villian take the 4th spot,like Leon, or that panther guy... Panther(?)?

Chrono Trigger: Hell yes. I'm all for Crono, but I'm more supportive of Magus and Frog. I would die a happy man if Magus was in Brawl... Unlikely... but... U_U

Golden Sun: Where's my Golden Sun DS?!?! Nuf' said.

Viewtiful Joe: Plausible indeed. It's a popular series, and he'd make a fun SSB character.

Square-Enix: I hate the idea of Sora being in Brawl... I really do. I never liked Sora, and I don't see what's so great about him. I am however, 115% supportive of Geno for Brawl. Geno needs to make a comeback, and it's a shame that Geno is tied up by Square's hands when S-E isn't even using that character.

Here's a random thought, and then I'm done. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this... But I was looking at the musicians... I know it lists their previous work just to show what they worked on... but the one that stood out to me was Masato Kouda, who did music for Devil May Cry. The more I though about it, the more I liked the idea of Dante being in Brawl. Now, I'm prepared to flamed, killed, and pillaged for that comment, but I just like the idea of how a character with a moveset potential like Dante's could work in Brawl. I know the chances of Dante appearing in Brawl are extremely slim (at least I didn't say Master Chief), but I was just tossing out a fun possibility.

I'm sure there are spelling errors galore, but I'm tired.

:hides behind flame retardant shield:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I agree, no chance (to date, he hasn't been on a Nintendo system), but I can only imagine the possibilities. I don't think I can spell today...

I also don't know how I'd feel about RE characters. :shrug: I think Sakurai is trying to avoid guns with bullets (hence why Snake uses a rocket launcher, and another reason why Dante has no chance), but I'm not oppossed to the idea.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'll reply to some other stuff later, once I'm at an actual computer, but for now:

WayForward Technologies (Shantae, Sigma Star Saga) is making a new Contra game for DS.

One of you (Yoster...?) wrote about Shantae, and I listed SSS, so I thought you'd like that. I certainly do.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Updated again, huh?

Ninja Gaiden had 3 games in the NES. They were good but they were pretty tough. I never thought of Ryu for Brawl but he would be great. Sadly he hasn't been mentioned (this the first time I heard of him as a suggestion).

Viewtful would be interesting but he seems to have faded like Capcoms old mascot, Captain Commando.

I would take any Metroid stage that has no lava (we already have enough of that).

If Sacred Grove is gonna be in Brawl, they MUST have TP's version of Saria's Song. Best version of the song, hands down!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
I'll reply to some other stuff later, once I'm at an actual computer, but for now:

WayForward Technologies (Shantae, Sigma Star Saga) is making a new Contra game for DS.

One of you (Yoster...?) wrote about Shantae, and I listed SSS, so I thought you'd like that. I certainly do.
Yes, it was me...mmm, more WayForward goodness. I truly have liked all of their games they've ever made...all two of 'em!

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Dude...Llyod? OMFG..I <3 U!

Anyways I don't the like addition of Wolf Link/ Minda. If you see Ferro Lupe's thread. Wolf Link/Minda got a very very low rating. Simply because that is way too many Links. Plus Wolf Link/Minda was kind of a big thing. Not that big of a thing. It's either Minda by herself or no die. Sure Wolf Link/Minda make look great..but too many Link models.

Love the Llyod thing..though.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Ferro's Alive!!!!
Please update your thread?
Once all the good characters were voted on, the topic slowly started to die. I decided to let it go while it still had some dignity.

The topic is dead. Let it sleep in peace.

Dude...Llyod? OMFG..I <3 U!

Anyways I don't the like addition of Wolf Link/ Minda. If you see Ferro Lupe's thread. Wolf Link/Minda got a very very low rating. Simply because that is way too many Links. Plus Wolf Link/Minda was kind of a big thing. Not that big of a thing. It's either Minda by herself or no die. Sure Wolf Link/Minda make look great..but too many Link models.

Love the Llyod thing..though.
Just thought I'd point out that the Wolf Link/Midna team would not be reffered to as Wolf Link, but rather as Midna. So, though there would be two physical Links in the game, only one of them would actually be Link...;)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
YosterDragon said:
I truly have liked all of their games they've ever made...all two of 'em!
Oh, they've made way more than two.

http://www.wayforward.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=4&Itemid=96

...Although once you follow that link, you'll know why you've only heard of those two.

O D I N said:
I just started watching that actually.
It's addictive. I don't quite know what it is about the show that makes me like it...but hey, who am I to complain?

O D I N said:
I don't think I would enjoy Ganondorf having a sword. It'd mess with what I already have now (which is a moveset I REALLY like), and has potential to suck (we already appear to have 4-5+ sword users).
Ah, but we don't have anyone with a greatsword, do we? But for what it's worth, I'd much prefer to see Ganon using a trident. It's always seemed (to me, at least) to fit him better, plus his sword from TP is very, very un-Ganon...

That aside, I highly doubt they'll leave him as he is. Just like Zelda's going to be changed, so will Ganon. Well, at least Ganon will, (Sheik/TP Zelda aside, her current moveset does fit her charater) since he doesn't yet have a moveset that fits his character.

O D I N said:
Where's my Golden Sun DS?!?! Nuf' said.
More than likely, the next Golden Sun will be on a console (like the Wii). Camelot's said in the past that that's where they want the series to end up, and they want to do it with Nintendo.

O D I N said:
I raise a point to you that I haven't really seen anywhere else... Has anyone else noticed that the "MGS" stage, appears to be two seperate stages? One is outdoors, and another is indoors (and it appears to be the Alaskan base... can't remember the name off the top of my head). If we noticed anything from Melee, particularly All-star mode, is that every character more or less had their "own stage". So... if we have two MGS stages...
I'm almost sure that the MGS stage we've seen in the second trailer in the Heliport from MGS1. You know, the one at the begining of the game? If it looks like two, it could be because it's not snowing during some of the screenshots (it seems every stage goes through changes now), but I'm pretty sure it's just the one stage. And the Alaskan base is on an island called "Shadow Moses", though I don't remember if that's the name of the base, the island, if the base even had a name, or what.

O D I N said:
I propose this to you... for a second MGS character, my first vote would be towards Grey Fox. He's bad ***, and to boot, he could be the character Sheik players could relate too (except he's more bad ***, has a sword, and could teleport a lot better than Sheik could). Did I mention bad ***? >_>
Heck yes! Though doubtful...if we get two Konami characters, I'd hope for Simon. Grey Fox is still cool though.

O D I N said:
Anyway, I'm not gonna sit here and list off movesets.
BUT I WILL!

"I am like you; I have no name."

-Melee (A) Attacks-
A - Straight left punch.
AA - Straight right.
AAA - The two punches above, followed by a straight kick.

Dash+A - Gray skids along the ground, left foot leading, then thrusts both palms forwards to attack.

Side+A - A kick similar to his AAA finisher, only his foot leaps out once, then bends back toward his chest, then strikes out again.
Up+A - Gray does a quick frontflip, hitting above him and sending himself forwards by a foot or two.
Down+A - A forward leg sweep that trips the enemy.

Side Smash+A - Gray leaps forwards, delivering a single-spin roundhouse kick.
Up Smash+A - Gray rests his shoulders on the ground, pulls his knees into his chest, then thrusts his feet upwards.
Down Smash+A - Gray slams his fist into the ground ahead of him in a wide arc.

Neutral Air - A slicing hand chop delivered horizontally.
Forward Air - A lateral spinning heel chop with Gray's left foot.
Backward Air - A backhand punch from Gray's left fist.
Up Air - A single-footed, upwards backflip kick.
Down Air - A one-foot stomp. Likened to Link's Dair because it's not a single hit like C. Falcon or Ness'.

Grab - Using one arm, Gray reaches out ahead of him.
Running Grab - Gray's arm arches over his head and reaches out (more lag).
Grab Hit - (Gray holds his opponent in one hand once grabbed) Hits the enemy in the face with lightning-quick jabs.
Throw Forward - Gray tosses the enemy in front of him, then axe kicks them into the ground ahead of him.
Throw Backward - Gray spins around, launching the enemy overhand behind him.
Throw Upward - Holding the enemy by the collar, Gray winds up then delivers a wicked uppercut, sending the opponent upwards.
Throw Downward - Drops the enemy on the ground, then disappears. Reappears a split-second later above them, landing with both feet on his prone adversary.

-Special (B) Moves-

B - Shadow Draw: During any maneuver outside of Gray's Brawl attack, grabs, and ledge grabs, pressing B by itself causes Gray to flick his HF blade in front of him, too fast for the human eye to see anything but a silver blur. Think Fox's blaster, only hand-to-hand and usable during other moves.

Side+B - Afterimage: Gray's "eye" flares red, and a ghostly image of him flys forwards, doing nothing but disappearing after about 10ft. If it does make contact, the image changes to a picture of him attacking with his sword, and knocks back the target while damaging it. (If you Smash this, 3 images are sent high, middle, and low, though they only go half as far)

Up+B - Apparition: Gray slips his index and middle fingers in front of his face, then teleports to a location dictated by the control stick. No damage. Think Farore's Wind with considerably less lag.

Down+B - Substitution: Gray's eye lights up and he takes on a defensive crouch, sword drawn. When hit by anything in this position, he disappears, then reappears behind the attacker (no matter where he is). The exception is thrown items, which causes him to reappear right where he was. Note that he can't attack immediately after reappearing.

Final Smash - "Retribution": Gray's eye burns bright, and his exoskeleton freaks out (lots of blue, flickering afterimages). During this time, if Gray makes physical contact with an opponent, he reappears behind them, saying "over here...", then delivers his powerful thrust punch; the same one that he uses against Snake during the fight in MGS1 when attacked while standing still. Insane lateral knockback and damage.

-Other-

Taunt - Gray holds out his sword at his waist and tilts his head back, saying; "I've come from another world to do battle with you." He returns to his normal stance right after "battle".

Kirby - Kirby wears Gray Fox's mask and suit, but the faceplate is gone, so we can see a sickly white Kirby underneath.

Winning Phrase 1 - A Genome Soldier plushie falls in front of Gray, and while still in the air, he slices it to pieces with his Shadow Draw.
Winning Phrase 2 - Gray fox holds his sword straight out in front of his chest, then puts it away, saying "Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon."

O D I N said:
I also want the Fusion suit involved, even if it's just a cosmetic thing. I loved Fusion. Fusion was a great game, and it saddens me that Nintendo hasn't gone back to side-scrolling Metroid. T_T
A skin-change for Samus would be pretty nifty, but I think it's more realistic to expect colr xhanges that end up looking like new suits, not completely redone models. Example: a blac/red scheme for the Phazon Suit, or a purple/maroon(?) version to look like the Gravity Suit.

I did like Fusion though. Hardest metroid game ever. AND WHERE'S MY METROID DREAD!?

Top Bottom