• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Wow, like the way you did the Runner-ups.

But, uh, just so you know, all you NEED to play Four Swords Adventure is a Gamecube and one controller. The GB:A's are only for co-op adventure mode and multiplayer.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Snake, the only third party? get real.

Why no Sonic? I demand an answer.
Sonic is overrated? Just kidding, I can't be too mean to the blue hedgehog as he is the reason I'm a gamer...

I think Wiseguy considers 1st Party > 3rd Party, which he should. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Snake was the only 3rd party character. Remember, Snake got in because Sakurai and Kojima are good friends and was planned for Melee.

Just because Sega is making an Olympics game with both Sonic and Mario characters you shouldn't assume they are the best of buddies now. Once upon a time the creators of Final Fantasy made a Mario game...

Which reminds. This is just my personal opinion, but I think the only 3rd party character Sakurai "needs" to get a hold of is Geno. Really, do you want mini-Bowser with a paintbrush or a star possessed scarecrow doll with guns?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno or Bowser Jr...

Right, like Bowser Jr can even compete against Geno

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Sonic is overrated? Just kidding, I can't be too mean to the blue hedgehog as he is the reason I'm a gamer...

I think Wiseguy considers 1st Party > 3rd Party, which he should. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Snake was the only 3rd party character. Remember, Snake got in because Sakurai and Kojima are good friends and was planned for Melee.
Well, 1st party are, as you say, > than 3rd party, but Sonic is the top of the third party chain

Just because Sega is making an Olympics game with both Sonic and Mario characters you shouldn't assume they are the best of buddies now. Once upon a time the creators of Final Fantasy made a Mario game...
Before you continue... They did make a Final Fantasy-Mario game, but that's just it a game. Singular. Only one. How many Sonic games has Nintendo worked on? Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rush, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic and the secret of the Rings, let alone the dozens of GBA games and VR games. To that one game!? Yeah, Geno really needs to get in before Sonic the Hedgehog. The Sonic the Hedgehog.

Which reminds. This is just my personal opinion, but I think the only 3rd party character Sakurai "needs" to get a hold of is Geno. Really, do you want mini-Bowser with a paintbrush or a star possessed scarecrow doll with guns?
Do you want someone who's been an antagonist in two games made by Nintendo or a secondary character in one game made by a third party who get's his guns, the only thing that made him cool, stripped away from him to keep a T rating.

Listen, I don't hate Geno, but in a totally logical standpoint, Sonic makes 10 times more sense.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, 1st party are, as you say, > than 3rd party, but Sonic is the top of the third party chain

Before you continue... They did make a Final Fantasy-Mario game, but that's just it a game. Singular. Only one. How many Sonic games has Nintendo worked on? Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rush, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic and the secret of the Rings, let alone the dozens of GBA games and VR games. To that one game!? Yeah, Geno really needs to get in before Sonic the Hedgehog. The Sonic the Hedgehog.

Do you want someone who's been an antagonist in two games made by Nintendo or a secondary character in one game made by a third party who get's his guns, the only thing that made him cool, stripped away from him to keep a T rating.

Listen, I don't hate Geno, but in a totally logical standpoint, Sonic makes 10 times more sense.
Sonic IS getting in...so is Geno...They both are third party but you seem to be the only person thinking either of THOSe two are getting in and not the other...If anything Geno is more against the OTHER third party characters....Unless because of Geno's status as a Mario character he doesn't count as a full third party rep, since a full rep is representing a franchise

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I'd love for them to both get in, but I think Nintendo will attempt to get the most mascotty characters, like Sonic and Megaman instead of bickering with the Sony affiliated Square for one character that not everyone's going to recognise, let alone remember.

Mark my words. Geno is really unlikely. Although I'd love for him to get in, it just seems too much of a stretch.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd love for them to both get in, but I think Nintendo will attempt to get the most mascotty characters, like Sonic and Megaman instead of bickering with the Sony affiliated Square for one character that not everyone's going to recognise, let alone remember.

Mark my words. Geno is really unlikely. Although I'd love for him to get in, it just seems too much of a stretch.
We'll just have to see...I still think that the fact that he belongs in the Mario unvierse will help him.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I agree with jimmy
Bowser Jr is what they NEED for another Mario rep anyway, more than Geno. Shadow Mario stamina effect, Paintbrush, ninja turtle yey! He's better known and just as unique. So throw that Geno concept out the window. And duh! Sonic and Megaman are 1 and 2 without question. Bomberman and Banjo are higher priority than Geno. If Geno's in great! But that really wouldn't make much sense if he is considered the 1-2 other 3rd Party reps.

Wisey - Glad you'd had BF at least as a runnerup. And you said high chance, which yeah, high chance as in better than most characters. Like I said earlier in this thread. "Retro is so in!"

And you almost spoiled Skullkid in TP for me. Good thing you didn't go into detail :laugh:

Snakz

Smash Ace

I agree with Psyhco, and not just cause im a fan of Geno, the fans have spoken on Sakurai's poll, he is tied with 2nd place, it's impossible to deny how much people want him to be in

Now of course a lot of people want Megaman too, but he's only have 2 votes, im sure Megaman has many more fans that would've voted for him had they gotten the chance, but whats done is done. The poll is (as far as we know) really the only thing Sakurai is refering to in terms of what the fans want

Although ill give Megaman a chance and say that because of Geno's 2nd place tie on the poll and Megaman's prominence in gaming history, i'd say they're about equal in chances

If i had to choose, obviously, Geno all the way :grin:

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
about black shadow: I don't know if this has been suggested before, but with Ganondorf more likely than not getting a new moveset, black shadow could easily just take ganondorf's old moveset and become the new falcon clone. that would just make sense, because then falcon's clone would also be an F-Zero guy instead of from another series entirely. Anybody who really liked ganon in melee would still be satisfied, and ganon himself would get the new moveset he deserves.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
about black shadow: I don't know if this has been suggested before, but with Ganondorf more likely than not getting a new moveset, black shadow could easily just take ganondorf's old moveset and become the new falcon clone. that would just make sense, because then falcon's clone would also be an F-Zero guy instead of from another series entirely. Anybody who really liked ganon in melee would still be satisfied, and ganon himself would get the new moveset he deserves.
No clones in Brawl...If he is getting in, it would be with a new moveset

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I could actually see something like this happening, but I'd hope Black Shadow would at least have some original moves to make himself a very good Luigi-like character.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I hope for Geno, but Sakurai also showed interest in such characters as James Bond. Is he in too? Listen, just cause he took intrest in the character doesn't mean he gives it his stamp of approval. Half of the choices on there seem to be on there simply as fan service. Geno might have been on there, but I doubt Sakurai would put him higher on his to do list then some of the greats like Megaman and Sonic.

I do want another F-Zero char, be it Black Shadow or Pico, I just feel that no more franchises should be left alone in there little worlds.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I hope for Geno, but Sakurai also showed interest in such characters as James Bond. Is he in too? Listen, just cause he took intrest in the character doesn't mean he gives it his stamp of approval. Half of the choices on there seem to be on there simply as fan service. Geno might have been on there, but I doubt Sakurai would put him higher on his to do list then some of the greats like Megaman and Sonic.
Yeah, but Geno is actually a Mario character and extremely popular. Third party or not, it doesn't matter, compared to most Mario characters, he has an extremely high chance overall.

Geno would be a lot better than both of them. Especially over Sonic, who doesn't even deserve a spot in Brawl as people make him out to be.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what makes you the authority of who deserves a spot. Geno is a square character, the fact that he's only shown up in a game with Mario doesn't exactly make him an automatic Nintendo property, whereas Sonic has shown up in several games on Nintendo consoles as of late, and is far more widely known in the video game world as a whole than Geno. Heck, I didn't even know what or who Geno was until everyone started screaming for him in Brawl. You can bet that just about anyone who's heard of video games at least have HEARD of Sonic though.

Doesn't matter to me either way if they make it in, but if it came down to Sonic OR Geno making it in, I really don't think Geno's going to have that much of a chance. Then again, speculation is just what it sounds like; speculation. Nobody probably bet on GaW making it to melee, so it's better just to wait and see.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Yeah, but Geno is actually a Mario character and extremely popular. Third party or not, it doesn't matter, compared to most Mario characters, he has an extremely high chance overall.

Geno would be a lot better than both of them. Especially over Sonic, who doesn't even deserve a spot in Brawl as people make him out to be.
Woah, woah, woah. Lukeyboy. Compared to most Mario characters!? Wow, Geno is much more popular than the schmucks like Luigi, Bowser, and Peach /sarcasm.

Especially over Sonic? Excuse me, but do you know who your talking about? Sonic the fricking Hedgehog. Immortalized in hundreds of games, the Bugs Bunny to Mario's Mickey Mouse. If not getting in just on that, he could be a new breed of character, much in the same vein as Capt. Falcon. Super-fast in every move, zipping around the stage, with an array of flurrying melee attacks, Sonic would be perfect for Brawl! Geno on the other hand... well, I don't want to insult, but I haven't seen any good movesets made for him. Not that he can't possibly have one mind you.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's extremely easy to make a moveset for Geno, easier than Sonic...I support Sonic, but Geno truly is much easier to make a moveset for than Sonic, who even the best movesets apparently put in weird stuff he never does in the games...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Woah, woah, woah. Lukeyboy. Compared to most Mario characters!? Wow, Geno is much more popular than the schmucks like Luigi, Bowser, and Peach /sarcasm.
He obviously isn't, that's why they're already in. But other than the core Mario characters, Geno has a very good chance being in Brawl as another Mario rep. Third party or not, it doesn't matter, he still has an extremely good chance as a character. He was highly ranked on Sakurai's poll, right on the tops, noting him as someone with a very high chance to be in the roster.
Especially over Sonic? Excuse me, but do you know who your talking about?
Yes. I know you're too stupid to notice, but ever since Sonic Adventure his games have literally sucked and he was turned into a very sh-tty character with a dull and lame personality. Yeah, he was cool in the 90's, when his games and character were actually very good, but now he just sucks, and doesn't even rival Mario even more as he used to.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like to see a moveset, just to get a tasete of what people think Sakurai's got brewing in that noggin' of his.
An idea for Geno?

Geno's moveset, McFox posted a flash version that includes all the moves including A and special...for at least an idea...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Yes. I know you're too stupid to notice, but ever since Sonic Adventure his games have literally sucked and he was turned into a very sh-tty character with a dull and lame personality. Yeah, he was cool in the 90's, when his games and character were actually very good, but now he just sucks, and doesn't even rival Mario even more as he used to.
Hey! Luke! I don't call you stupid or even degrade Super Mario RPG (A good game), so lay off of me. You need to take a chill pill bub, You're getting all bent outta shape over a little wooden doll from a video game getting in over a blue rodent.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Hey! Luke! I don't call you stupid or even degrade Super Mario RPG (A good game), so lay off of me. You need to take a chill pill bub, You're getting all bent outta shape over a little wooden doll from a video game getting in over a blue rodent.
Since when did I degrade Super Mario RPG?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
the reason sonic will get in over geno (all legal issues aside) is because he got first place on the third party character poll, and megaman got second. geno got third on the regular character poll. ike, diddy, and ridley all got second on the poll.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
the reason sonic will get in over geno (all legal issues aside) is because he got first place on the third party character poll, and megaman got second. geno got third on the regular character poll. ike, diddy, and ridley all got second on the poll.
No one said Sonic is getting in and Geno is not...That would only happen if somehow they gone down the list and by some coincidence they are forced to pick between Sonic and Geno as the last character

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
You degraded Sonics games, not to mention calling me stupid. I'm just waiting for the s word (hint: rhymes with 'morry')
Yeah, I degraded Sonic's recent games. His past titles like Sonic CD and Sonic 3 were extremely solid. Even Sonic the Fighters was solid. But ever since Sonic Adventure, it's literally been sh-t.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Umm, i dont know what poll your talkin about, but thats not the results on Sakurai's poll, Geno is tied for 2nd place along with Diddy, Ridley and Ike, Megaman tied for 4th on the same poll

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sonic seems to get much more attention then Geno and there are only a few spaces for third party characters and I think there isn't enough room for Sonic, Megaman, Snake, and Geno.
I'd argue that it's not Sonic and Geno who are competing for a 3rd party slot (if Geno has no other way in), but i think it's Megaman and Geno who are competing for a 3rd party slot

EDIT: Wiseguy, quick question, when do you expect to finish you 3rd party runner up list? im anxious to see it

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Seems that wiseguys still insults Jigglypuff, but who hasnt isulted my favorite pink puffball. it was funny though. anyway, i saw that simon belmont and Sukupon were taken off the list along with Lucario. it makes me sad thinking that they wont get in, but who knows maybe they will in the end as a surprise.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i doubt the puff will be removed, after a debut in smash 64, i doubt anyone will leave. (that includes ness)
the ironic thing about jiggly, it had some of the most powerful special moves...

Mutant Mell

Smash Rookie
For the 40 Character Challenge

It is my opinion that there will not be more than 4 actual characters for any single series, and that the game would be better if they instead represented as many different genres as possible. So, here is my list, without any clones.

Mario Series:
1.Mario
2.Peach
3.Bowser
4.Luigi (Revamped Move-Set)

DK Series:
5.Donkey Kong
6.Diddy Kong

Yoshi Series:
7.Yoshi

Made in Wario:
8.Wario

Zelda Series:
9.Link
10. 11.Zelda and Sheik
12.Ganondorf (Ravamped Move-Set)

Pokemon Series:
13.Pikachu
14. 15. 16.Pokemon Trainer
17.Jigglypuff
18.Mewtwo

Metroid Series:
19. 20.Samus and Zamus
Honestly, I think they put in Zamus just give give a "new" character to the series, as Samus didn't really need to have this addition.

Starfox Series:
21.Fox
22.Falco (Revamped move-set)
23.Krystal

Kirby Series:
24.Kirby
25.Metaknight
26.King Dedede

Fire Emblem Series:
27.Ike
28.Marth

Earthbound:
29.Ness/Lucas (I am not sure which, but only one)

F-Zero:
30.Captain Falcon

Animal Crossing:
31.Animal Crosser
I think that an AC character would be doable, the "costumes" are random hats and shirts, and the player decides the gender. Also, you can choose a favorite outfit for your profile. Move-Set would include axes and other items from the series.

Nintendo Wars:
32.Andy
Dual-wielding wrenches FTW!

Pikmin:
33.Captain Olimar

Golden Sun:
34.Isaac

Kid Icarus:
35.Pit

Ice Climber:
36.Ice Climbers

G&W series:
37.Mr. Game & Watch

Third-Party Characters:
38.Snake
39.Mega Man
40.Sonic

40 characters, and a lot of different series represented, includes mostly core characters. Unfortunately, some really cool characters were cut from my list (like Ridley), but they would most definitely be added in if the list was 42 characters. I also thought about Starfy, as he would be an interesting Japan-only character, but from what I've heard, Sakurai doesn't want to emphasize Japan-only this time around. He would probably be character 41 though.

Top Bottom