• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Personally, right now I don't care about reps or characters...I want to know how many characters there will be in the select character roster...Not seperating all the transformations. I think there should be 34-40 of those...Not characters you can control but NOT select...I don't count them

lso for the list above...Not including Geno lowers the points I'd give dramatically

Mutant Mell

Smash Rookie
Personally, right now I don't care about reps or characters...I want to know how many characters there will be in the select character roster...Not seperating all the transformations. I think there should be 34-40 of those...Not characters you can control but NOT select...I don't count them

lso for the list above...Not including Geno lowers the points I'd give dramatically
From previous evidence, Geno is a Square Enix owned character, so I had to include him in the 3rd party section. One of the two remaining slot, imo, would have to go to Sonic, and I had one other slot left. I chose Mega Man, as he is a lot more well known, especially in the US, than Geno. My hands were tied from the beginning. f he wasn't 3rd party (imo), I probably would have put him in.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It is my opinion that there will not be more than 4 actual characters for any single series, and that the game would be better if they instead represented as many different genres as possible. So, here is my list, without any clones.

Mario Series:
1.Mario
2.Peach
3.Bowser
4.Luigi (Revamped Move-Set)

DK Series:
5.Donkey Kong
6.Diddy Kong

Yoshi Series:
7.Yoshi

Made in Wario:
8.Wario

Zelda Series:
9.Link
10. 11.Zelda and Sheik
12.Ganondorf (Ravamped Move-Set)

Pokemon Series:
13.Pikachu
14. 15. 16.Pokemon Trainer
17.Jigglypuff
18.Mewtwo

Metroid Series:
19. 20.Samus and Zamus
Honestly, I think they put in Zamus just give give a "new" character to the series, as Samus didn't really need to have this addition.

Starfox Series:
21.Fox
22.Falco (Revamped move-set)
23.Krystal

Kirby Series:
24.Kirby
25.Metaknight
26.King Dedede

Fire Emblem Series:
27.Ike
28.Marth

Earthbound:
29.Ness/Lucas (I am not sure which, but only one)

F-Zero:
30.Captain Falcon

Animal Crossing:
31.Animal Crosser
I think that an AC character would be doable, the "costumes" are random hats and shirts, and the player decides the gender. Also, you can choose a favorite outfit for your profile. Move-Set would include axes and other items from the series.

Nintendo Wars:
32.Andy
Dual-wielding wrenches FTW!

Pikmin:
33.Captain Olimar

Golden Sun:
34.Isaac

Kid Icarus:
35.Pit

Ice Climber:
36.Ice Climbers

G&W series:
37.Mr. Game & Watch

Third-Party Characters:
38.Snake
39.Mega Man
40.Sonic

40 characters, and a lot of different series represented, includes mostly core characters. Unfortunately, some really cool characters were cut from my list (like Ridley), but they would most definitely be added in if the list was 42 characters. I also thought about Starfy, as he would be an interesting Japan-only character, but from what I've heard, Sakurai doesn't want to emphasize Japan-only this time around. He would probably be character 41 though.
first off, no ridley. already on my badside. second off, andy, with almost 0% chance. but you put G@W in, kept marth, put shiek in, didn't include ww link or bowser jr, but you put staffy above Ridley. Ridley got second on sakurai's poll, tied with diddy , ike, and i'm told geno. second only to dedede. i'd have to give you 6.5 out of 10. Andy over Ridley my a ss.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
first off, no ridley. already on my badside. second off, andy, with almost 0% chance. but you put G@W in, kept marth, put shiek in, didn't include ww link or bowser jr, but you put staffy above Ridley. Ridley got second on sakurai's poll, tied with diddy , ike, and i'm told geno. second only to dedede. i'd have to give you 6.5 out of 10. Andy over Ridley my a ss.
I have to agree with SR93 here... and you put 6 PKMN characters in and yet you only put 4 for Mario and Zelda!? are you insane?

4 characters per series rule isnt a good one anyway seeing as some series DESERVE more than 4.

Mutant Mell

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with SR93 here... and you put 6 PKMN characters in and yet you only put 4 for Mario and Zelda!? are you insane?

4 characters per series rule isnt a good one anyway seeing as some series DESERVE more than 4.
Okay, so before this board goes into a collective apoplexy, let me explain what I did here.

1. This list was made different from all the others for a point - rather than concentrate on "popular" characters, I put a 4 character limit on each of the series (yes, even pokemon), and concentrated on representing as many franchises as I could, while still maintaining popular characters form all the series.

2. This list was made from an inherently flawed view-point, actually, three flawed view-points. The first is a 40 move-set limit. The second is the fact that I wanted as many series to be represented as possible. The third is the fact that I am a human, and it is all in my opinion (I will go into more depth about this in a minute).

3. Cool character had to be cut for this. Yes, some of you may consider it a blasphemy that I cut Ridley for Andy or Jugglypuff, but once again, I made this list with a different idea in mind from its inception.

4. I took into account what I've heard about this game from Sakurai. For instance, the only reason I added Krystal is that Sakurai has said that he wants more females in the game. I also didn't cut characters that were in Melee if they had a unique move-set, or were popular characters. For instance, I didn't cut Falco, because he is a character that appeals to a lot of people, who would be disappointed if he didn't get in. Pichu? Not so much. That is also why I had "6" characters for pokemon. I didn't take out any that had a unique move-set, and PT was already announced, so I had to include him. My choices were set in stone.

5. Its all IMO. Get over it.

Mutant Mell

Smash Rookie
If you don't want us to comment and criticize it then don't bloody post it jesus!
See, I found it fitting to defend my point of view from things like this:

You missed the intention of my list. I like the feed-back, as it gets discussion going, but the part I bolded got on my nerves. Also, defending my choices = not wanting comments/criticism?

Mutant Mell

Smash Rookie
This sounds like your saying "Its just my opinion so stop criticizing it" that what it sounds like and that was mainly what my post was caused by.
To expand on that a bit, the responses to my post consisted of "this <character> is stupid, replace him with <other character>. In my opinion, which is only relevant to this fabricated situation, these are the characters would get in. I don't deserved to be flamed for having a differing opinion. That is what I meant by that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To expand on that a bit, the responses to my post consisted of "this <character> is stupid, replace him with <other character>. In my opinion, which is only relevant to this fabricated situation, these are the characters would get in. I don't deserved to be flamed for having a differing opinion. That is what I meant by that.
Is your roster based more on what you like than what you think?

Mutant Mell

Smash Rookie
Is your roster based more on what you like than what you think?
Yes and No. First of all, I don't like Advance Wars too much, and don't know too much about Andy. I think Ridley is a cool character. I never liked play Animal Crossing too much. However, I like the idea that the game will include a large number of series, instead of putting a lot of characters from a few series.

If it was what I liked, I would only have about 2-3 Pokemon reps, Falco & Krystal would be axed, Sonic would be gone, etc., etc. I based it on fitting as many (at least fairly) popular series as possible, and including what seemed to be popular characters who could have good move-sets.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I'd just like to make a comment about Isaac quick, but it is going to contain...

*SPOILERS FROM GOLDEN SUN*

Ok, I know many Smashers have been adding Isaac as the number one character for inclusion into the Golden Sun series. I have no problem with this, (I personally loved the Golden Sun series) but I believe that Felix should be considered just as heavily as Isaac. First off, Isaac has the upper edge for now due to the fact that he was on Sakurai's poll. However, in the games themselves, Felix was more of the main character. In the first game, he played a major antagonist that you were attempting to foil (playing as Isaac's party). However, in the second game, Felix shifts as the lead character, when you find out his acts are actually not an attempt to destroy the world, but to save it. Felix is the lead character in this game, but Isaac is still involved. This is where the situation becomes hairy. The events of the third game (I'm trying to spoil as little as possible) lead you to believe that Felix is really the main character of the series, but at the end, a piece of the Golden Sun (let's just say that it is godlike power for the time being) is infused into Isaac. Even though Isaac ended up changing course in the game and following Felix's ideals, he ends up with the power. Furthermore, this idea is never expanded upon as the game finishes without a clear idea of what actually happened. Many thought the ending was to set up a future Golden Sun title, but in the years since, it hasn't been done. The problem is, the story was never really finished and didn't identify the main protagonist, so I would not be so quick to rule out Felix as a possible candidate in place of Isaac. Plus, as far as the game goes, they are interchangeable, the only real difference is appearance, so they could easily both have the same moveset. I just wanted to clear up an issue for anyone who isn't too familiar with the series.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
You know, this may be really random and off topic (who hasn't been on this thread?), but I just had an interesting idea. Don't know if it's a good idea, but interesting nonetheless.

I have a proposed solution to the Sheik conundrum.

So, if I am not mistaken, most Sheik haters (good 'ol Wisey included) are opposed to Sheik's return for two reasons. One, Sheik's moveset is broken and needs fixing to be a fair fighter in Brawl. Two, Sheik is the OoT Zelda, not TP Zelda as has already been revealed for Brawl. Points both driven into our skulls so far. However, the Sheik fanatics argue that not only are no moveset changes necessary, but it doesn't matter which Zelda may turn into Sheik, Brawl is OOC with the Zelda timeline.

I think the best possible compromise for both sides of the argument would be to include OoT's Impa as a separate playable character. No, I'm not crazy, hear me out.

First of all, this would remove the nigh-used Zelda/Sheik transformation. Hardly anyone in Melee actually used both Zelda and Sheik, and it would open up Down B specials for both Zelda and Impa.

Storywise, she could accommodate Sheik's moveset just fine. After all, in OoT it's implied that Impa passed on her teachings to Zelda while Ganondorf was taking over Hyrule. And when it comes to the game mechanics, well, if she's exactly the same as Melee's Sheik, then she would please the Melee Sheik lovers (and must've been a very good teacher :laugh:). But if she uses a more balanced Sheik moveset, this would please those who loathe Sheik's brokenness and play on the fact that master and student will have slight differences in fighting style.

On top of that, Brawl's Zelda representation would be represented by arguably the best interpretation of a long-running Zelda character (hmm...decrepit nursemaid or shadowy desert ninja?). Plus, we know Impa's gender :p

So, am I crazy or does this actually intrigue anybody? Feedback welcome!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
why not just bring shiek a bit bruised from the nerf stick?

i think it is an interesting idea, but sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

although, it would certainly be the WTF? character of brawl. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You do know, there doesn't have to be a main character...life doesn't have a main character.

Stories can be made up of a bunch of characters combined actions without any of them being more important than the others...

Ex: FF VI...It's hard to tell who the real main character is in this game...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'd just like to make a comment about Isaac quick, but it is going to contain...

*SPOILERS FROM GOLDEN SUN*

Ok, I know many Smashers have been adding Isaac as the number one character for inclusion into the Golden Sun series. I have no problem with this, (I personally loved the Golden Sun series) but I believe that Felix should be considered just as heavily as Isaac. First off, Isaac has the upper edge for now due to the fact that he was on Sakurai's poll. However, in the games themselves, Felix was more of the main character. In the first game, he played a major antagonist that you were attempting to foil (playing as Isaac's party). However, in the second game, Felix shifts as the lead character, when you find out his acts are actually not an attempt to destroy the world, but to save it. Felix is the lead character in this game, but Isaac is still involved. This is where the situation becomes hairy. The events of the third game (I'm trying to spoil as little as possible) lead you to believe that Felix is really the main character of the series, but at the end, a piece of the Golden Sun (let's just say that it is godlike power for the time being) is infused into Isaac. Even though Isaac ended up changing course in the game and following Felix's ideals, he ends up with the power. Furthermore, this idea is never expanded upon as the game finishes without a clear idea of what actually happened. Many thought the ending was to set up a future Golden Sun title, but in the years since, it hasn't been done. The problem is, the story was never really finished and didn't identify the main protagonist, so I would not be so quick to rule out Felix as a possible candidate in place of Isaac. Plus, as far as the game goes, they are interchangeable, the only real difference is appearance, so they could easily both have the same moveset. I just wanted to clear up an issue for anyone who isn't too familiar with the series.

ooof, i was gonna buy it, but you just ruined the series for me, nvmind. (jk)
issac or felix, why must we choose? how about an ice-climber like duo? (gets pelted by golden sun fans)
from the info you gave me, i would count felix out, maybe in SSB4, but only if issac is in brawl.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
You do know, there doesn't have to be a main character...life doesn't have a main character.

Stories can be made up of a bunch of characters combined actions without any of them being more important than the others...

Ex: FF VI...It's hard to tell who the real main character is in this game...
Point taken, but I don't see why Sakurai would take a character who isn't the main character in a series before he took the main character. ( i.e. choosing to include metaknight before kirby)

My point is, we don't know a main character, so both have a legitimate chance for that spot, although Isaac may have the upper hand due to being mentioned on Sakurai's poll.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Hmm... Impa. Right, I have heard this before so you aren't really out there, but one of the main reasons I hate Sheik is that he/she/it/potato was:

A. Too Powerful
B. OoT
C. Made Zelda Useless
D. Man or a Woman!?!
E. Only one game

I struck out C, D and E because Impa wouldn't fit in those categories, and I guess that if nerfed properly, A would be unnececary, but that still boils down to B. Ocarina of Time. I just feel that Impa would be a little... out of place compared with the realistic and modernized cast of TP makes me think that no one's getting out of OoT alive. Not even the popular to all fans Lord Jabu Jabu will become a PC /sarcasm.

Although Impa would be an awesome PC, I can think of plenty of other canidates who could fill up the spot of Sheik quite nicely without being a clone *cough* Midna *cough*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm... Impa. Right, I have heard this before so you aren't really out there, but one of the main reasons I hate Sheik is that he/she/it/potato was:

A. Too Powerful
B. OoT
C. Made Zelda Useless
D. Man or a Woman!?!
E. Only one game

I struck out C, D and E because Impa wouldn't fit in those categories, and I guess that if nerfed properly, A would be unnececary, but that still boils down to B. Ocarina of Time. I just feel that Impa would be a little... out of place compared with the realistic and modernized cast of TP makes me think that no one's getting out of OoT alive. Not even the popular to all fans Lord Jabu Jabu will become a PC /sarcasm.

Although Impa would be an awesome PC, I can think of plenty of other canidates who could fill up the spot of Sheik quite nicely without being a clone *cough* Midna *cough*
You hate OoT?

ANyway since we have OoT music, is it really too farfetch'd that no OoT things will be in Brawl...Shiek, for example, is popular from OoT now specifically from Brawl

hojiky

Smash Cadet
just a quick question:

i assume a lot of people here have played conker's bad fur day.

any chance conker could make brawl? or would his moveset involve too much drunken boxing? :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
just a quick question:

i assume a lot of people here have played conker's bad fur day.

any chance conker could make brawl? or would his moveset involve too much drunken boxing? :laugh:
Conker is now 4th party so he has no chance...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
gotcha. but wouldn't that make donkey kong third party as well? he's owned by rare right?
Donkey Kong was originally made by nintendo so of course he's a nintendo character...

...Remember Donkey Kong 1,2, & 3 for the NES?

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Say, Wiseguy..

Shiek may return, but she doesn't HAVE to be Zelda's transformation. Shiek could very well be his own character, allowing Zelda her own down-b and smash and Shiek it's own. They can even give potato more balanced stats(seeing as they have already been doing a good job of boosting characters like Bowser, DK, Mario and Link with upgraded moves to make them more competitive).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Say, Wiseguy..

Shiek may return, but she doesn't HAVE to be Zelda's transformation. Shiek could very well be his own character, allowing Zelda her own down-b and smash and Shiek it's own. They can even give potato more balanced stats(seeing as they have already been doing a good job of boosting characters like Bowser, DK, Mario and Link with upgraded moves to make them more competitive).
Zelda having Shiek as a transformation seems more likely than Shiek as a stand alone character

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, it's already been stated that Zelda TP turning into OoT Shiek would make absolutely no sense.. if they split them both, they eliminate discrimination between the two forms and it also solves the whole "being from different games and zeldas" dilemma. It seems to make the most sense to me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know, it's already been stated that Zelda TP turning into OoT Shiek would make absolutely no sense.. if they split them both, they eliminate discrimination between the two forms and it also solves the whole "being from different games and zeldas" dilemma. It seems to make the most sense to me.
They are going to make a new, more TP style Shiek...(As stated in that one article)

Anyway, that's not fully TP Zelda...similar but NOT the same

Arteen

Smash Lord
If Bowser can transform into Giga Bowser (which makes no sense canonically), then surely Sakurai doesn't think TP Zelda transforming into Shiek is that big an issue.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I'm in the same boat, Odin. I don't understand why it is so hard to grasp that Sheik, a character who turns out to be Zelda (a female), doesn't grow a twig and berries when throwing on some spandex and a turban.

While on the subject, I'm speculating that Sheik will be featured in a part of Brawl Zelda's/Link's story line. Perhaps something along the lines of a 'muse' or 'guide' to help them reach their destination.

Edit: By the way, Odin, I just realized that your profile says you're on leave for Halo 3. Do you play online?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
For all we know we go into Zelda's sub conscience and fight Sheik for control of Zelda's mind XD as a reference to how Zelda was ignored so much in melee.

(AKA Sheik might be boss o_0!)_

Top Bottom