• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Present Ideas

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Ahh Christmas...The time of gift giving and merriment. I LOVE to give gifts! But I was recently asked a question that I HATE answering. "What do you want for Christmas?" OH ****. I'm so terrible at asking for gifts but I love to give them. The people I'm dealing with won't accept that I want nothing and want to give everything. So...What are some cool gifts a 16 year old male could use?

I know some of you are thinking "What a whiny brat, actually COMPLAINING about getting a gift", but believe me, there are others like me, and they feel my pain.

.CMW.

superincredible

Smash Cadet
I'm 16 to and I don't get s**t.I really don't care,but I wouldn't mind a new skateboard or a guitar.Those are 2

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I have friends who insist on getting nothing for Christmas and I hate that. Money is always a good thing to get. Clothes, video games, books. Just say that you have no preference but hint at a specific present that you want. "So theres that one thing at that store we went to the other day that i kinda like but you can get whatevs."

I always get generic chocolate boxes and what not for Christmas, but it's just nice to know someone went out of their way to get you something for Christmas. It's really no big deal what I get. =P Just let them get whatever, however mundane and practical it might be. xD

Also, my birthday is 2 days before Christmas, and I always get those "super birthday-slash-Christmas presents." QQ

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
My birthday is in April, but I hear tell that those Birthday/Christmas presents kind of blow. =D

I've tried to say "get whatever" but they always insist I MUST want something in specific. Its either I give a definite answer or die trying. I've actually been pounding Google search trying to find something I actually would ask someone for. Lets just say its not going so well.

.CMW.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
My birthday is in April, but I hear tell that those Birthday/Christmas presents kind of blow. =D

I've tried to say "get whatever" but they always insist I MUST want something in specific. Its either I give a definite answer or die trying. I've actually been pounding Google search trying to find something I actually would ask someone for. Lets just say its not going so well.

.CMW.
I've got the same problem, there's nothing I really want. And to make matters worse, my birthday is also in December (the 8th), so the one thing I wanted (ChronoTrigger for the DS) I got already.

If you like music alot, how about a subscription to rhapsody, zune, etc.? I've tried telling people to be creative, but it doesn't really work.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Well I have a Zune...And I'm not going to say I steal anything...But all my video/audio needs are taken care of. =P

You can begin to see how that narrows down gifts tremendously. =D

.CMW.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
I have a few suggestions that I would want, if I were sixteen:
1) New car, or at least a big piece of one.
2) 160 Gb iPod. Yes, it is the greatest gift I have ever received. Too bad I had to give it to myself...
3) An LG Voyager.
4) A high-end laptop, my personal preference is the Dell XPS series.
5) Stock in Google. Wait... maybe that's an 'old guy' gift...
6) A gift card to Express Men, or whatever your favourite local clothing outlet is.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I have friends who insist on getting nothing for Christmas and I hate that. Money is always a good thing to get. Clothes, video games, books. Just say that you have no preference but hint at a specific present that you want. "So theres that one thing at that store we went to the other day that i kinda like but you can get whatevs."

I always get generic chocolate boxes and what not for Christmas, but it's just nice to know someone went out of their way to get you something for Christmas. It's really no big deal what I get. =P Just let them get whatever, however mundane and practical it might be. xD

Also, my birthday is 2 days before Christmas, and I always get those "super birthday-slash-Christmas presents." QQ
Wtf... My birthday is two days before christmas too and I get the same thing......

Hmm a 16 year old huh?? Im almost 15 .. lol Look Up and youll see when... and i would want Money, or clothes... Iron Maiden , Or the Killers t-shirts... video games or a new skateboard... So it cant be that much of a difference..

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I have a few suggestions that I would want, if I were sixteen:
1) New car, or at least a big piece of one.
2) 160 Gb iPod. Yes, it is the greatest gift I have ever received. Too bad I had to give it to myself...
3) An LG Voyager.
4) A high-end laptop, my personal preference is the Dell XPS series.
5) Stock in Google. Wait... maybe that's an 'old guy' gift...
6) A gift card to Express Men, or whatever your favourite local clothing outlet is.
Are you like Bill Gate's Son?

Dolente

Smash Cadet
Are you like Bill Gate's Son?
No, but he didn't say anything about the gifts needing to be reasonable...

In fact, he said:

The people I'm dealing with won't accept that I want nothing and want to give everything
On the more reasonable side, I guess at the moment I would ask for a new Wavebird (mine is starting to simply ignore button presses sometimes... anybody know how to fix it?) and perhaps an iHome, the new black one.

On another note, why couldn't you just edit your above post to ask about my parentage?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
im not sure if you guys have urban planet but right now theyre on sale.
graphic tees are $3 -
sweaters are $10 -
outerware $20 -
jeans are $30 -
im buying my melee freinds shirts =D

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
No, but he didn't say anything about the gifts needing to be reasonable...

In fact, he said:

On the more reasonable side, I guess at the moment I would ask for a new Wavebird (mine is starting to simply ignore button presses sometimes... anybody know how to fix it?) and perhaps an iHome, the new black one.

On another note, why couldn't you just edit your above post to ask about my parentage?
Cause im really lazy ... and I want a wii mote too wtf?!?!?!??! STOP THINKING LIKE ME PEOPLE =((((

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Ahh Christmas...The time of gift giving and merriment. I LOVE to give gifts! But I was recently asked a question that I HATE answering. "What do you want for Christmas?" OH ****. I'm so terrible at asking for gifts but I love to give them. The people I'm dealing with won't accept that I want nothing and want to give everything. So...What are some cool gifts a 16 year old male could use?

I know some of you are thinking "What a whiny brat, actually COMPLAINING about getting a gift", but believe me, there are others like me, and they feel my pain.

.CMW.
I'm in the same boat, I love surprising people, but I feel guilty about receiving gifts.
I guess it is because I feel that others deserve gifts but I really don't think that I really deserve any, and even if they did buy me one, I would even be happy to get a broken piece of glass, or asphalt from the streets.

Top Bottom