• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

President Bush attacked at a press conference.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
President Bush was attacked by a reporter at a press conference in Iraq. The reporter threw his shoes at him, while shouting "this is the end". President Bush managed to avoid being hit by both shoes.

The man was identified as Muntadar al-Zeidi, a correspondent for Iraqi-owned Al-Baghdadiya television based in Egypt.

Video: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7782774.stm

Watching this, not only was I impressed that Bush managed to avoid the shoes, I was also surprised at how lax the security around Bush was. Could have been a far more serious and life threatening incident.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
He's got some reflexes!

Security would've been really bad if he threw a gun! xD

M@v

Subarashii!
DARNIT I wanted to post this!!!! >:(

I lol'd hard when I watched it. Mr. President has a great spot dodge.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just watched it now and laughed at it. This is the only thing I like about Bush now. And everybody else had said spotdodge jokes so I'll stop myself from saying one.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Lol, Watch Bush's face when the guy raises his shoe in the air. It seems like Bush saw him do it, and waited to dodge until he threw it so he wouldn't be able to hit him. I never would have thought Mr. President himself was soo good at spotdodging.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Say what you will about the *******, but he seemed REALLY calm about the whole thing and not the least bit disturbed. He just brushed it off like it didn't matter.

SSBKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
Watching Bush dodge things is funny but lucky he just threw a shoe if it was a gun or a bomb he would haven't dodge it in time.

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
If he woulda spot dodged grabed shoe and throw it at the guy knocking him out of the screen it would have been my most favorite moment ever

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Warning! Challenge Approaching!... It's George Bush!

****! He has awesome reflexes, that just badass...

Halberdierv2

Smash Rookie
in the arab world, that's about as low an insult you can give.
Bush, although he probably is a nice guy personally, he's made some serious mistakes in his terms, and Iraq is probably the biggest. I think they just want USA out for a while, unless Obama can do something.

Ethan.

Smash Ace
in the arab world, that's about as low an insult you can give.
Bush, although he probably is a nice guy personally, he's made some serious mistakes in his terms, and Iraq is probably the biggest. I think they just want USA out for a while, unless Obama can do something.
well thanks i guess... I was just quoting Austin Powers though.

Also after watching the vid, bush looked excited. He was doing his little bush-smile after he dodged the first shoe.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Wow, I didn't think people would do that at the press. >_>

But I'll say this, what happen to that guy after the press?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Poor Mr. President...

I also find it interesting that he seemed totally fine with it, even the guy next to him seemed fine with it. Shoe throwing must not be that intimidating.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Lol, Watch Bush's face when the guy raises his shoe in the air. It seems like Bush saw him do it, and waited to dodge until he threw it so he wouldn't be able to hit him. I never would have thought Mr. President himself was soo good at spotdodging.
mindgames.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol at the people saying the security was lax... what do you expect them to do, make all the reporters check their shoes at the door? the guy probably went through a frisk and a metal detector.

Good **** Bush, dodging both of those shoes and then brushing it off like a pro. He said "All I can report is that they are a size 10." LOL

I'm sure that guy will get jail time for assaulting a foreign leader.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
President Bush out to have a secret identity, and perhaps he has a career in Melee.

Aesir

Smash Master
Given Bushes recent history the fact that he's not calling this a national emergency is strange.

All jokes aside he did handle it pretty calm, that reporter is mad childish though. =\

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol at the people saying the security was lax... what do you expect them to do, make all the reporters check their shoes at the door? the guy probably went through a frisk and a metal detector.
BREAKING NEWS!

All future Bush and Obama press conferences will now be conducted with everyone wearing socks. Smelly socks will be seized by security.

Top Bottom