• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
>Acting as if we aren't already disproving this
>implying we need to start doing something we're all already doing
>implying it's enough

Shortie.

I mean no harm by this, but something has to be done to change people's minds, and all of the things Krystal supporters are doing currently don't seem to be working very well.

Krystal supporters are still being ostracized and ridiculed. And it shows no signs of stopping.

I just have a feeling that more can be done.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There's nothing to be done. Let it happen. You have to just let those who still believe that's how Krystal fans are realize on their own that they're wrong. There's plenty of people who post here who would have never posted here unless it was to flame two years ago. But it's not because we went around campaigning it, it's because they just saw it. Regular people talking about Krystal regularly. I don't condone this campaigning type approach. Nothing can be done besides being a regular fan. Let the change come to the ones who genuinely misconceived the community, and let the actual haters be shown by their lack to accept the truth. The only reason I jumped on you is because you shoulda known better. You've spent too much time in this thread to have been saying **** like that. I would try to keep the arguing over Krystal to a minimum, and I feel pushing a new image will just start petty nonsense, and that's the kind of stuff that won't change anyone's mind.

I say, let it be. Her image has come a long way from three years ago. Plus, campaigning would make me feel like a total dweeb. It's also a big petpeeve of mine. And this got weirdly too deep for Smash discussion, which happens to be another pet peeve of mine. >.>

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fair enough.

I just get ticked at some of the injustices that go around here.

We cool?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We were never not cool. I'm just loud. People think I'm more angry than I actually am. I just "talk" this way.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well, there might be something we can do about that.

Maybe a change in tactic and attitude?

I think pushing Krystal as a 4th SF character will go over much better than replacing Falco and/or Wolf.

Furthermore, Krystal supporters have a very bad stereotype among them. Essentially they're all furries. And rabid, obsessive ones at that. Pre-Brawl speculation DID NOT help. It basically cemented the notion in our minds. Disproving that stereotype could help. Maybe you should talk about why you want Krystal as a character.
1 I'm a huge star fox fan and an even bigger fan of the series characters ans the role they play, I've always thought her staff Moveset would be amazing for this game, as for her importance I feel she is the last important character to the series that need to be included (although I'd like an Andross boss battle maybe in story mode).

The reasons I consider her worthy is one she is tremendously popular (and unfortunately very hated and blamed for ruining star fox as well) two her Moveset potentential is awesome, three she has been playable and had a game basically revolve around her that was a good game (although not a star fox game) and has been in multiple games, four she's the next in as of importance for the team as she is a telepath and a good pilot and five shes fox's gf and a badass which has to count for something right...?

As for her chances I'd say they are 50% or lower, i say 50 due to her popularity and the fact a star fix character has been added in every smash game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be fair. I'm not a hater. I would be perfectly fine with Krystal. BUT. Only if other characters get in along with her. If she gets in after either Falco or Wolf get cut, or Ridley, K.Rool, Mewtwo etc...don't end up in, I'll be fairly upset.

Moveset potential is something that every character supporter can argue. She may have it, but I wouldn't say it would put her over anybody else.

If Star Fox were a series that was flourishing lately and had a lot more titles in the Wii generation, then by all means, I would probably be an avid Krystal supporter. However, that is simply not the case, and there are quite a few other characters that I feel should be considered before her.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd like to see Krystal this time around, so long as Falco and Wolf both stay as well. I'd be upset if she got in over a majority of characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, or Mewtwo among other characters. As long as at least some of those characters get in though, I'd be fine if Krystal got in as well.

She would probably have a unique moveset, with her staff and all. That, along with how it's very unlikely there would be a THIRD Fox clone.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
They didn't really use Wolf's SF Assault material (or weapons) to make him more unique in Smash, so why would they do that for Krystal with the staff, which she had even less screen time with than Fox in her debut game?

I'm not anti-Krystal or anything, but just saying; if she gets in, should probably be prepared for a 3rd Fox clone.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I doubt Sakurai would even bother adding her if the only choice was clone or nothing.

My guess is he'd go for a moveset that hasn't seen so many existing iterations if he was looking for clones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I doubt Sakurai would even bother adding her if the only choice was clone or nothing.

My guess is he'd go for a moveset that hasn't seen so many existing iterations if he was looking for clones.

Yeah, really though. There would be no reason to add her if she was clone #4. Not saying she doesn't warrent being added, I just don't think Sakurai is that stupid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Question though, why did the Krystal hate linger around so long cause of the pre-Brawl fanbase, but Ridley is still quite accepted? There was even a time that when you did NOT put Ridley on your 'want' or 'prediction roster' you would get ridiculed. Don't think it's fair that Krystal gets all the hate, and that still everybody who supports her is being condemned to ; wanting her cause you think she's hot. :rolleyes: Big chance that a '**** YOU ******' is being throwed afterwards to.

The Smash prediction community is just so nice <3

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Question though, why did the Krystal hate linger around so long cause of the pre-Brawl fanbase, but Ridley is still quite accepted?
Probably because most (and/or the worst) of the Ridley pre-Brawlers got banned awhile before the whole roster leak thing even happened. If those same people were still around here today giving the Ashley thread crap and stuff, I can guarantee you Ridley's 'base wouldn't be "accepted" the way it is now. lol

@ N3ON and Shortie: Suppose y'all may have a point. Seems kinda silly or unfair though that they'd make Krystal a unique/original character while previously making Wolf another semi-clone, who had as much potential to be unique as Krystal with the staff. :ohwell:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
@ N3ON and Shortie: Suppose y'all may have a point. Seems kinda silly or unfair though that they'd make Krystal a unique/original character while previously making Wolf another semi-clone, who had as much potential to be unique as Krystal with the staff. :ohwell:

Make sense in the grand scheme of things considering Wolf was one of the last added to the cast. Here's hoping the Luigi-fication train comes his way.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Time constraints dude, time constraints. Wolf was a last minute throw in, whadda expect?

I bet for smash 4 his moveset will be totally revamped, sakurai isn't that lazy. Same goes with falco, sakurai tried to luigi-fy him in brawl at least, falco might possibly get a few tweaks as well.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wolf should have been added earlier in development (and thus part of the SSE) to begin with. I blame Sonic or something.

I know him being a last-minute character was the reason for him being a semi-clone, but I don't think it justifies it (guess it says something though when Wolf still plays more differently from Fox than Falco despite all that). Also, I don't think Sakurai will even change Wolf that much for the same reason he didn't with Ganondorf. Not wanting to "alienate" people who liked playing as the clone versions and all.

But I suppose I've been off-topic enough here.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wolf AND Falco we're clones. If it weren't for being filler characters, we have had neither. Or no Falco in Melee, and then Brawl woulda been a three way war.

I also think Wolf would have been a semi clone no matter what. Look at Lucas. He's got that "Ness" feel about him despite being not being added at the end of the game. Then we have Jiggs who was added at the end and is unique.

Krystal's the only SF character with a chance to not have a moveset that stems from Fox's. besides, who wouldn't want a staff-dino moveset?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I consider Wolf a "semi-clone" to Fox like Luigi is to Mario: enough differences to set them apart when it comes to playstyle but the similarities are still noticeable. In my opinion, Brawl had no true clones like Melee did.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I consider Wolf a "semi-clone" to Fox like Luigi is to Mario: enough differences to set them apart when it comes to playstyle but the similarities are still noticeable. In my opinion, Brawl had no true clones like Melee did.

They know what we mean. Wolf, Falco, and Fox all have the same specials, just variantions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And that's completely fine actually. If it isn't fine anymore, add Krystal. All set and done.

Morbi

Scavenger
If Wolf is considered a clone, even with how very different he is... Krystal will be a clone even with the staff. I don't care how different they attempt to make her, if her up specials is a recovery move or her neutral is a blaster (even from the staff) she will be a clone.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think we need to understand what is consider a clonet. Even in Melee what we call clones were not exact copies of their counterparts. Young Link's spin attack did pummeling while A. Link did knock back. Ganondorf was slower and more powerful than C. Falcon and his side B was different. Dr. Mario was slower and had weaker standard attacks than Mario but his specials were more powerful. I could go on but you get the idea.

Personally I find Falco still a clone even though he can jump higher, run slower, and his Down B and B attacks were different. Wolf I consider a Luigified clone since his standard attacks were different and all his specials (though similar) were different than Fox's.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't hate Krystal, so if she's added I won't have a problem with it. Her using a staff would offer a kind of playstyle that Smash doesn't have quite yet. It's just I don't want to see Falco or Wolf cut. More so on Wolf, since he's barely a clone at all. She does have some easy specials to come up with when considering what Fox can do using her weapon, just let her use those attacks.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Make sense in the grand scheme of things considering Wolf was one of the last added to the cast. Here's hoping the Luigi-fication train comes his way.

He's more luigi-fied than Luigi himself my friend. While Luigi shares a couple specials with Mario and several normals, Wolf shares no normals at all other than ledge attacks and has heavily modified Specials. But then again everyone has already said this. Most people who think Wolf is a clone took one look at the Blaster/Dash/Reflector/Landmaster and said "yep he's a clone." Not regarding that other than the Landmaster, every single one of his moves is different than Fox.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind Krystal, but if she takes the place of Wolf or Falco I'd be majorly majorly disappointed. I like my "clones."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I think it would fit wolf better if his side special was a dash that, if hit the opponent, would involve wolf shoving a live grenade int eh foe's face and leaping over them as it exploded. Probably a bit too cinematic for this game though.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Personally I think it would fit wolf better if his side special was a dash that, if hit the opponent, would involve wolf shoving a live grenade int eh foe's face and leaping over them as it exploded. Probably a bit too cinematic for this game though.

Just a bit lol. I like it how it is. Just wish he had a better ledge sweetspot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing we can definitely agree on, Wolf needs a new Final Smash. If anything that stupid thing is keeping the CLONE label stapled to him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We got Rosalina.

We can have Krystal. I'm hopeful that we will see her weilding a staff and Dino buddies. Interesting play styles seems to be the theme of all the newcomers, and she's got potential to be very interesting.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
We got Rosalina.

We can have Krystal. I'm hopeful that we will see her weilding a staff and Dino buddies. Interesting play styles seems to be the theme of all the newcomers, and she's got potential to be very interesting.

i had no idea you were a Lana fan...

but you can't really be saying that are you? >_> shes just not relevant atm compared to Rosalina.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

but you can't really be saying that are you? >_> shes just not relevant atm compared to Rosalina.

True, it's been a while since Krystal last showed up but Rosy's inclusion does help the Vixen's case. Shows that Sakurai is doing fan favoritesand is looking for Playstyles that bring something new to Smash. Only question, is staff fighting enough?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
True, it's been a while since Krystal last showed up but Rosy's inclusion does help the Vixen's case. Shows that Sakurai is doing fan favoritesand is looking for Playstyles that bring something new to Smash. Only question, is staff fighting enough?

Even if it is enough, what's to stop Palutena from being the staff-wielder? She's honestly far more important to her franchise than Krystal, has been in a new game made by Sakurai himself (so movesets created for her can be considered "canon"), has an arguably equally large fanbase, and would firmly cement KI as a "franchise" in the Smash world as its second rep. Plus she actually holds her staff for more than five minutes. Even if that niche is deemed appealing, Palutena seems like a better option, especially because we haven't seen Pit's Final Smash or Mirror Shield.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Even if it is enough, what's to stop Palutena from being the staff-wielder? She's honestly far more important to her franchise than Krystal, has been in a new game made by Sakurai himself (so movesets created for her can be considered "canon"), has an arguably equally large fanbase, and would firmly cement KI as a "franchise" in the Smash world as its second rep. Plus she actually holds her staff for more than five minutes. Even if that niche is deemed appealing, Palutena seems like a better option, especially because we haven't seen Pit's Final Smash or Mirror Shield.

True, but there's two points I'd like to add

1. Krystal's staff is more of a Bo staff used with both hands while Palutena's is a large sceptre that she hold in one hand with a shield in the other.
2. Palutena has made use of Pit's arsenal in her animated appearances.

But Yeah, I see your point.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I agree with this. Palutena has a lot more potential with her staff and more such as magic and using that claw weapon from Uprising. The way I see it as far as choices for Krystal: add Krystal's staff as a new melee item to use like the fan and beam sword or have Krystal as an assist trophy(riding on the pterodactyl and shooting your opponents with the staff).

I don't see any connection to Rosalina that would help Krystal's chances. We already see how much of a priority Nintendo is giving Rosalina with the Mario games over the years. And now she's a playable character in Smash 4, the game that's even more a glorified ad than the previous games. Sakurai wasn't doing fan favorties when he added Rosalina & Luma to the roster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

True, but Dixie was as good as dead prior to her almost inclusion in Brawl, and Sakurai doesn't mind adding retros. Why is it the 5 - 10 year period a no go zone?
Look at the liberties Sakurai took with Rosalina's moveset. She's based around things from her game, and summoning luma. Krystal has potentially everything Fox/Falco/Wolf has, plus her staff does things like shoot fire, ice, and rocket upwards. Her moveset is practically written if you've played SFAdventures.
And I wouldn't base Krystal not getting on around "Importance". Firstly, because she's been important since her introduction. And if you want to argue that isn't long enough, look at Rosalina. She's been "important" for like... five or six years?
Rosalina's inclusion made the roster all bets off. Being unique is what you need to be ncluded, and she can do that just fine.

Top Bottom