• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prima Strategy Guide Tiers

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
As requested, here's the stats given for Olimar.

Offense: 5
Defense: 3
Projectile: 7
Final Smash: 9
Throwing Ability: 6
Speed: 6

"Olimar shares many similarities with Pokemon Trainer. However, the main difference is that Pokemon Trainer always has a Pokemon out fighting, regardless of the circumstances. Olimar can lose his Pikmin, making him almost completely defenseless and lacking a vast majority of his offense as well."

...just.... wow.
... I... I don't know... What... Out of everything I can remember, this is what makes me want to break my self-imposed rule and curse. That's... So completely idiotic... I just can't stand it. :confused:

N M E

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon dosen't deserve High teir, He's GOD teir (I wish.)

But seriously that guide is a complete joke. Period.
It was just a way to make quick cash.

-N M E

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
Interesting that they made the tiers based only on the characters abilities and not the any thing that would be added by tactical play. So it seems

Yawgmoth

Smash Cadet
its interesting to see how dumb the brawl supporting community is getting as the intelligent people go back to preferring melee or quit smash entirely

look at the progress:
- people try to justify brawl's lack of technical elements (the ones that made 64/melee good in the first place)
- people who want items in tournaments whine about it to get people to host them instead of doing it themselves
- EVO (srsly, wtf?)
- now this

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
its interesting to see how dumb the brawl supporting community is getting as the intelligent people go back to preferring melee or quit smash entirely

look at the progress:
- people try to justify brawl's lack of technical elements (the ones that made 64/melee good in the first place)
- people who want items in tournaments whine about it to get people to host them instead of doing it themselves
- EVO (srsly, wtf?)
- now this
It's interesting how dumb and off-topic that was given what this thread is about. Seriously man, wrong topic to start a melee/brawl flame-fest in. It's just as dumb, if not dumber, to start this crap up in random threads. All the Brawl hating is bad enough as it is. :/

Burn the Prima Strategy Guide, not the game, at least in this thread.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Prima has not nor will it ever be any indication of quality. Their guides have always been subpar.

Thus, this does not surprise me.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Extremely accurate.

Expect the SBR tier list to look exactly like this, except Snake should be lower because he is a terrible character who's up tilt has very narrow range.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Extremely accurate.

Expect the SBR tier list to look exactly like this, except Snake should be lower because he is a terrible character who's up tilt has very narrow range.
Ever since your joke thread about Melee Vs. Brawl, I have known to never take you seriously. (some exceptions) =/
Prima has not nor will it ever be any indication of quality. Their guides have always been subpar.

Thus, this does not surprise me.
Are you some sort of mindreader? (who can read my mind hunderds of miles away) =P

Shackel11

Smash Cadet
This is the best teir list evr!

No seriously, this guide is crap. But it's Prima, so what can you expect.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Omg Bowser is on top of mid tier what is this world coming to O_O

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
For those of you who haven't seen the official Prima Strategy Guide for Brawl, they have something interesting about the character section. They give every character a rating in several areas, as well as an overall rating. Since every character fits into an overall rating between 5 and 9, there are effectively 5 different groupings that are similar to tiers by which the guide believes the characters fall.

Keep in mind that this list does not represent my own personal opinion in any way. This is simply the data I have compiled from the guide

Top Tier ( Score of 9 ):
Marth

High Tier ( Score of 8 ):
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Peach
Snake
Toon Link
Wolf

Middle Tier ( Score of 7 ):
Bowser
Falco
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Link
Lucario
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Pit
Pokémon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Zero Suit Samus

Low Tier ( Score of 6 ):
Donkey Kong
Fox
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Ike
Luigi
Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Samus
Zelda

Bottom Tier ( Score of 5 ):
Kirby
Olimar
Pikachu
Wario
Yoshi
you know what
this is completely accurate every but the noobs no captain falcon is the second best and that meta knight is a terrible character. I mean awesome recovery he is so broken how is he good.(if you dont get this...quit smash if you dont get this)
ok prima games you are the best tier makers. The sbr cant compare to this roflmao

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hey, could the original poster edit in the "descriptions" (and I use that word loosely) of each character?

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Meh, stopped believing in it. Too many characters it says are bad turned out to be awesome, and vice-versa. Still fun to read though.

BTW: The thing that really threw me off recently though, is the realization that Zelda is missing certain parts of the Advanced Strategies that all the others got! She's a different character than Shiek, or their together. How DARE they ignore her, and then put AT-like stuff for people given a lower score!? Even ZZS and Samus got different parts.

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
They obviously have no idea what they're talking about. It's a Melee tier list with Brawl characters slapped on in random places. I mean, Meta Knight and Ike in low tier? And Kirby on the bottom?

SouthpawHare

Smash Cadet
As for adding in the rest of the character stats and info.... I don't think there's anything specifically funny about anything else that would make it worthwhile. It's a big section, you know o_o

Frf

Smash Apprentice
They treat the game as if it was Melee. And the 'advanced strategies' for Zelda section, suggests Zelda players to turn to shiek.

Only buy the strategy guide to look at the pretty pictures.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
You guys know they didnt actually make a tier list, just rated each character. Give the guy a break, jeez

And most people who bough this(including me) just got it for the SSE walkthrough(and the purtty pictures), not pre-release character ratings

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Don't you get paid for pointing out errors in most publications? I wanna get this guide just to sit around and look for all the errors.

I read a little of this guide in a store and the strategies they give for every character seems to revolve around doing nothing but pressing B a lot.

prescot222

Smash Rookie
some of these characters seem out of place, but i agree about some characters like Captian Falcon and stuff =)

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
The thing I love most about this guide, is that in for every character it has a section that describes the best way to go about beating them.

And for EVERY character he writes, "avoid (enter choice projective here) and get in close, getting in close is key". What an idiot, thats just like saying "killing your opponent is key to winning".

Guy reading, "oh I should avoid projectiles, didn't know that".:psycho:

PCHU

Smash Lord
Everyone knows that all you have to do to win is one Falcon Punch.
Kills everyone, even you.

Seriously, who would have thought that the list was this crappy.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
There's no way that Zelda is that much lower than Sheik. Zelda's better than Sheik, now, IMO.

Top Bottom