• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach's castle shouldn't be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Can someone please explain to me why Princess Peach's Castle is banned in official tournaments? I think it's one of the best stages in the game and some characters(particularly lower teir characters) are very effective on it. I think the original reasoning behind it was that the Bullet hill interferes with the game play of the stage, but that reasoning is ridiculous when you consider that stages like Planet Zebes(With the constant rising lava) and mute city(with the damaging cars) are allowed in tournaments. I really think tournaments should begin allowing Princes Peach's Castle as a legitimate Counter Pick in tournaments.

N64

Smash Champion
It's banned because it's too easy to camp on. Getting across the middle is incredibly disadvantageous for/against some characters.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
What is the problem with walls? Corneria and Pokefloats also have walls and they are still allowed in tournaments.

Spife

Smash Master
Pokefloats walls aren't there for the whole match. Corneria is a counter pick and has one wall.
I don't want to see fox on that stage. it would go something like...
Laser camps on opposite side, runs away/grabs/uairs/upsmashes/aerial > shine > lolwall when approached.

Spife

Smash Master
I think the original reasoning behind it was that the Bullet hill interferes with the game play of the stage, but that reasoning is ridiculous when you consider that stages like...
Any relationship to Silent Hill? Cause that's not a CP I want to have to play anywhere near :bee:
Incidentally, Pyramid Head for SSB4!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you really think lower tiers do well on a stage where Fox can wallshine practically the whole cast (it's much harder on Corneria due to the slant). He can fulljump doublejump phantasm across and unless you intercept in the air there is no way you can punish it other wise.

And that's just Fox, matches with good players would take a long long time on this stage, simply because of the advantage of letting your opponent come to you. It's just great camping stage.

Bullet Bill really has nothing to do with why this stage was banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom