• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prioritized attacks; need some advice.

MartinGM1983

Smash Cadet
Texas; AIM StarCraft2OwnsMe - Only good players pl
Greetings,

My friend and I are in a heated round of battles and I'd like some advice as to how to gain a proper advantage.

He plays a MK and I have mained Diddy from the beginning of the game. I noticed from day one that MK is given an overwhelming amount of priority when an attacker trys to gain ground on him. Any C-stick almost always overpowers my progression to start a combo.

What I'm really having a hard time countering is his Up B. It has an insane rate of cooldown once he lands and is able to initiate another attack, almost in the same frame.

What are some experiences that you've tried and found useful? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
I would suggest using the Kung Fu (Side B + A) Always helps me out against MK. My friend use to main MK but now mains Wolf. Try throwing the banana peels and play some mind games around MK. If you do the DLX cancel combo and C stick down smash you should be finie. As long as your not anywhere near MK.

Hope it helps

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight is a tricky dude when it comes to Priority. Having top priority is pretty much Meta Knight's talent.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
A few notes I would recommend about vs Meta:
1) Avoid the Mach Tornado. It's extremely hard to DI out of if they know how to use it properly.
2)Keep your bananas handy if he advances on the ground. If it doesn't screw up his attacks with a slip when you pitch it in his face, it'll at least get him a little paranoid and shield more often than he should.
3)Though he has priority, what he lacks in is range. Diddy has some good attacks to keep him out of reach (fare, utilt, ftilt, popguns, etc)
4)A few of his attacks are very good on advancing when charging a Meta. Diddy has the most unpunishable dash attack in the game IMO, so don't be afraid to use that in his face (preferably at close range, so he doesn't grab you after you finish it). Also, doing the Monkey Flip with the kick (forward-B --> B after the flip starts) has surprising range and priority, perhaps enough for you to sneak a hit in and start a combo.
5) Take advantage of any down time he has on the ground to get him in the air. Your fare is your strongest aerial killer, and the most ranged.

Top Bottom